PDA

View Full Version : North Korea

CowherLover
07-04-2006, 04:11 PM
Did anyone else hear they test launched 4 mid-range missiles?! WTF?! After this whackos most recent comments I'd say he's gonna force us into some type of response.

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 04:17 PM
they vowed nuclear war if we try any type of pre emptive strike. its on!

Livinginthe past
07-04-2006, 04:17 PM
The problem with the US making any type of 'response' is that North Korea will not be cowed by a show of force.

The chances are Kim Jong Il is just looking for an opportunity to get into a war with the West - and I believe the west is currently involved in two conflicts as it is.

I dont think we have the man power for the kind of military action we could be pulled into.

NM

CowherLover
07-04-2006, 04:19 PM
This crazy little bastage knows we're thin on military so of course it's an ideal time for him to pull this sh*t. The rest of our "allies" better pay close attention to this situation.

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 04:22 PM
and our non allies russia and china. its time for some of the other "world powers" step to the plate and handle a situation for once.

CowherLover
07-04-2006, 04:23 PM
The thought of having to trust Russia to take our back scares the hell out of me personally.

Livinginthe past
07-04-2006, 04:43 PM
I think a potential nuclear war would certainly get the attention of all the world leaders.

Im not even sure this is something you can take sides on is it?

I mean the idea of an nuclear arsenal is defensive isn't it..a preventative measure against being attacked.

If Korea attacks the US - im pretty sure their nukes will automatically be fired stright to where the originals came from - we are talking a holocaust here with no winners.

NM

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 04:47 PM
I think a potential nuclear war would certainly get the attention of all the world leaders.

I mean the idea of an nuclear arsenal is defensive isn't it..a preventative measure against being attacked.

If Korea attacks the US - im pretty sure their nukes will automatically be fired stright to where the originals came from - we are talking a holocaust here with no winners.

NM if it came to nuclear war, america would win. we dont even know if koreas nukes would make it across the pacific. and we could lose california to an earthquake or nuke war anyways so...

(dont take it personal all my fellow californian posters, just talkin reality)

Livinginthe past
07-04-2006, 04:49 PM
I hope you are right Tony.

Even the best case scenario is an awful prospect - North korea is a pretty densely populated country.

NM

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 04:58 PM
I hope you are right Tony.

Even the best case scenario is an awful prospect - North korea is a pretty densely populated country.

NM honestly, if it came down to it i have no idea where the russians and chinese loyalty would lie. im just assuming they would step in on americas side or stay out of it altogether. if it is the alternative, then yes, we are looking at the beginning of wwIII. a war that america could win, but it wouldnt be a very nice planet to live on afterwards.

silver & black
07-04-2006, 05:38 PM
and our non allies russia and china. its time for some of the other "world powers" step to the plate and handle a situation for once.
mmmmmmmm... you mean like France?:sofunny:

silver & black
07-04-2006, 05:41 PM

NM
Like Reagan said: " There are no winners in a nuclear war so, we have to make sure that one is never fought."

tony hipchest
07-04-2006, 05:42 PM

lol. i thing china or russia is more likely to back us in this regard.

silver & black
07-04-2006, 05:47 PM
lol. i thing china or russia is more likely to back us in this regard.
I know. I was just being an ass........... because I'm good at it!:bouncy:

CAH
07-04-2006, 08:35 PM
France is busy right now, making all those white flags.

3 to be 4
07-05-2006, 05:46 AM
my theory all along......

get out of Iraq and drop an H-bomb on Iran and N.Korea.

ARKIESTEEL
07-05-2006, 06:05 AM
honestly, if it came down to it i have no idea where the russians and chinese loyalty would lie. im just assuming they would step in on americas side or stay out of it altogether. if it is the alternative, then yes, we are looking at the beginning of wwIII. a war that america could win, but it wouldnt be a very nice planet to live on afterwards.

I think at the end of the day both China and the Russians know that you dont take a crap in your lunch box. We feed them they pay for it but still we feed the vast populations of Asia the good ol US farmer is the best defense we got to stop a nuke from hitting the USA. What would they eat if not for the guys and girls in ever state that produce corn wheat soybeans and meat to help feed not only this country but the world. A ham and cheese sandwhich on rye seems to stop lots of shells and bullets when the other guy is eating boot leather. Just my thoughts I also do think it is time for one of the other "power houses" in the UN to stand up to them goons

CowherLover
07-05-2006, 08:46 AM
Apparently they continued "testing" throughout the night and it's been reported that 7 missiles in all have been launched. South Korea is NOW concerned, gee ya thinkd they might rethink their position about our measly amount of troops now? I saw a caption on the news that showed South Koreans watching the broadcast with fear on their faces so I'm sure they're going to change their tone pretty quickly.

ARKIESTEEL
07-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Apparently they continued "testing" throughout the night and it's been reported that 7 missiles in all have been launched. South Korea is NOW concerned, gee ya thinkd they might rethink their position about our measly amount of troops now? I saw a caption on the news that showed South Koreans watching the broadcast with fear on their faces so I'm sure they're going to change their tone pretty quickly.

Why would the south Koreans all of a sudden be scared. They have had these *******s north of them for 56 years and could have ran NBC stuff at them with planes trains or trucks no need for missiles. More troops wont matter if they set off the big stuff

CowherLover
07-05-2006, 09:04 AM
They have recently taken the position that they want our troops out of their region, or should I say they have been more vocal about it lately. I agree that more troops isn't what needs to happen. On the contrary, I think now IS the time to get them out just in case there are drastic measures taken so they aren't in harms way.

SteelerFanInCA
07-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Why is it each time I see the Korean leader the first thing that pops into my mind is "Team America?"

ARKIESTEEL
07-05-2006, 12:04 PM
Why is it each time I see the Korean leader the first thing that pops into my mind is "Team America?"

Ever time I see him I think " hey moe"

SteelerFanInCA
07-05-2006, 12:08 PM
Hopefully we are keeping a good watch on this clown. :hope:

j-dawg
07-05-2006, 12:18 PM
if it came to nuclear war, america would win. we dont even know if koreas nukes would make it across the pacific. and we could lose california to an earthquake or nuke war anyways so...

(dont take it personal all my fellow californian posters, just talkin reality)

AHHHH!! california will not be lost to an earthquake!

http://www.consrv.ca.gov/index/Earthquakes/qh_earthquakes_10.5_Review.htm

as far as the nukes... i don't really want to find out if n. koreas nukes could or couldn't make it here! us "winning" in a nuke fight is just as silly as california falling into the ocean....

i know t. h. is smart, i'm just busting his balls....

SteelerFanInCA
07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I guess we could always move to New Mexico. :cool:

CAH
07-05-2006, 05:34 PM
A plain white flag was once the official flag of France, back during the Bourbon dynasty.

Sounds like a joke, but I swear I'm not making it up.
I believe you. :smile:

France's new flag is again white and their motto is RUN.

tony hipchest
07-05-2006, 05:40 PM
I guess we could always move to New Mexico. :cool:

:sofunny: no way! you'll just attract the nukes, earthquakes, and riots. (we already got your gangs- see albuquerque). 2 million people in the state is already too crowded!

tony hipchest
07-05-2006, 05:45 PM
AHHHH!! california will not be lost to an earthquake!

http://www.consrv.ca.gov/index/Earthquakes/qh_earthquakes_10.5_Review.htm

as far as the nukes... i don't really want to find out if n. koreas nukes could or couldn't make it here! us "winning" in a nuke fight is just as silly as california falling into the ocean....

i know t. h. is smart, i'm just busting his balls....

o.k. only the bad part of calif. (you know, the part with all the people) j/k

i spent a few years living at vandenberg afb. beautiful. and watching the missles and rockets take off was awesome as a kid. i love it there.

Hawk Believer
07-05-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm so roanrey....

shimmysteelerfan
07-05-2006, 06:42 PM
i heard there "long range" missle only made it up for about 2 seconds before it blew up. im pretty sure we dont anything to worry about for awhile.

83-Steelers-43
07-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Now............North Korea is ready to test launch 3 or 4 more missiles. How nice.

CAH
07-05-2006, 09:06 PM
I went to France's wikipedia page once and changed its motto to "Apaisement, poltronnerie, reddition" which means "Appeasement, cowardice, surrender" (I looked that up).

It took a few hours before somebody caught it. When they changed it back, they added a comment explaining what I had as the motto and called it an "unnecessary slander". I'll admit it was unnecessary, but doesn't slander have to be false? :busted:
Ya dun good. :dancing: :dancing:

SteelerFanInCA
07-06-2006, 12:57 PM
o.k. only the bad part of calif. (you know, the part with all the people) j/k

i spent a few years living at vandenberg afb. beautiful. and watching the missles and rockets take off was awesome as a kid. i love it there.
You spent some time near Vandenberg? That's funny. I didn't think anybody new about that area. I have family that live in Lompoc. Most of the time people don't even know where Vandenbereg is or Lompoc for that matter.

SteelerFanInCA
07-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm so roanrey....
That's the stuff that just keeps me laughing. :sofunny:

SteelerFanInCA
07-06-2006, 01:02 PM
:sofunny: no way! you'll just attract the nukes, earthquakes, and riots.
You forgot the smog. :smile:

tony hipchest
07-06-2006, 01:09 PM
You spent some time near Vandenberg? That's funny. I didn't think anybody new about that area. I have family that live in Lompoc. Most of the time people don't even know where Vandenbereg is or Lompoc for that matter.yep. i know lompoc. nearest town to the base. but your right. i hear vandenberg every once in a while but almost never hear lompoc. minutes from the ocean. i wanna go back just to visit some day. its been 25 years. great perch fishing off the beach. i remember alot of the time you couldnt tell the difference between an earthquake or a missle or rocket being launched.

SteelerFanInCA
07-06-2006, 01:13 PM
yep. i know lompoc. nearest town to the base. but your right. i hear vandenberg every once in a while but almost never hear lompoc. minutes from the ocean. i wanna go back just to visit some day. its been 25 years. great perch fishing off the beach.
Yep, I was just up there two weekends ago. Took the wife and kids to the annual flower festival they have. Lots of good eats there.

tony hipchest
07-06-2006, 01:37 PM
Yep, I was just up there two weekends ago. Took the wife and kids to the annual flower festival they have. Lots of good eats there. unfortunately the 3 years i was there we didnt travel around too much of the area. santa maria a few times. hearst castle (which is awesome), and of course to l.a. 2 times. i havent stepped on a beach since.

Big D
07-06-2006, 01:40 PM
I say we nuke both north korea and afgahnistan. End of problems