PDA

View Full Version : ILB FA

BengalDestroyer
01-26-2012, 03:01 PM
I was recently on footballsfuture and someone suggested signing Dan Connor, simply to focus on other needs in the draft... while I like this idea I like D'Qwell Jackson better, I think we could get either at the same price...

What does everyone think?

MDSteel15
01-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I would love to have DQ come to the Black & Gold! :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
01-26-2012, 03:45 PM
I would love to have DQ come to the Black & Gold! :thumbsup:
because your a terp homer..:chuckle:

MDSteel15
01-26-2012, 03:48 PM
because your a terp homer..:chuckle:

Because he is a good player! I may live here but I am a Michigan fan.... :tt03:

tanda10506
01-26-2012, 04:10 PM
I was recently on footballsfuture and someone suggested signing Dan Connor, simply to focus on other needs in the draft... while I like this idea I like D'Qwell Jackson better, I think we could get either at the same price...

It's a decent idea but it won't happen, linebackers are made from scratch in Pittsburgh.

PhantomJB93
01-26-2012, 04:12 PM
It's a decent idea but it won't happen, linebackers are made from scratch in Pittsburgh.

Ironically, the one we are talking about replacing, James Farrior, wasn't.

Not that I think we will sign anyone of importance anyway, just saying.

Ricco Suavez
01-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Ironically, the one we are talking about replacing, James Farrior, wasn't.

Not that I think we will sign anyone of importance anyway, just saying.

I was just going to say the same thing. Do not know at what price but that will be a key factor.

Fire Arians
01-26-2012, 04:31 PM
we gotta get our salary cap under control before thinking of making moves in the FA market

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-26-2012, 05:20 PM
We haven't signed a FA LB since K. Fox. He did not work out at all and they are definitely not willing to give Connor who is a rising ILB a hefty contract and D'Qwell Jackson is easily one of the best ILB in the league and he will sign a huge contract with the Browns. They will definitely draft an ILB this season as well. Plus they are not finished developing S. Sylvester and they like M. Ivy a lot

jjpro11
01-26-2012, 11:09 PM
no way the Browns let DQ go.. he's one of the very few core players on that team they can build around..

steeltheone
01-27-2012, 01:10 AM
We haven't signed a FA LB since K. Fox. He did not work out at all and they are definitely not willing to give Connor who is a rising ILB a hefty contract and D'Qwell Jackson is easily one of the best ILB in the league and he will sign a huge contract with the Browns. They will definitely draft an ILB this season as well. Plus they are not finished developing S. Sylvester and they like M. Ivy a lot
Is that the word they use for not playing sylvester, developing?

55BaileyFan
01-28-2012, 04:06 PM

DQ and Dan Connor would be great fits; they are upgrades from an older Farrior and Foote who is not anywhere near as good as he was in 05. I would love to see this upgrade but with our FA issues can we afford it? I hope they can work it out.

Steelerfreak58
01-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Let Sylvester play.

PeRK82
01-28-2012, 07:32 PM
no way the Browns let DQ go.. he's one of the very few core players on that team they can build around..

RAVENS will take him, that is one AREA (Linebackers corp) that needs to be address in F.A or Draft.

Oh and he is a freaking Beast, very underrated for someone that does get alot of praise too.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
01-29-2012, 05:40 PM
RAVENS will take him, that is one AREA (Linebackers corp) that needs to be address in F.A or Draft.

Oh and he is a freaking Beast, very underrated for someone that does get alot of praise too.

There is no way in hell the Ravens will want to pay an ILB the money DQJ wants. They will draft an ILB like they always do and let him learn behind Gay Lewis

SoCalFan
01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Dairy Queen would be nice but I think Sly will develope!

MDSteel15
01-30-2012, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the SPAM ASS HAT!

OK whomever fixed that, thank you! Where did all these freaking spammers come from?

FacemeIke
01-30-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm excited about Sylvester. With him, Worilds, Woodley and Timmons we have a really good young starting core. And, we still have Harrison for a year or two also. Draft a few LBs for depth over the next 2 years and we'll be set.

madtowndrunkard
01-30-2012, 10:25 PM
With our cap situation there is no way we sign any expensive FA's. It is not going to happen.

IMO it makes way more sense to target the best free agent nose tackle to replace Hampton. 3-4 nose tackles don't typically get paid a ton of $. It shouldn't be hard to find a NT who is just as good as Hampton, but cheaper. Then use the draft to pick up an OG and an ILB.