PDA

View Full Version : Authentic jerseys: new thread

Authentic Jerseys
07-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Since I am new to this site, I understand the need for EXTREME caution when purchasing from anyone. I am willing to ship first, as to build trust on this site. Then, once you receive an item, you can send me a money order or pay via Paypal. I will just need some information before shipping.

I have a friend that is a rep for Reebok. I can get any POPULAR player/size/color. I have 9 right now. These are the 100% real thing. Exactly the ones the players wear. They are the Super Bowl jerseys so they have the Super Bowl XL patch sewn on as well. All items are sewn on, heavywieght material, and have the woven cloth sleeves. The Santonio Holmes jerseys do not have the SB XL patch.

These are brand new, still in plastic, and with tags.

1)Ben Roethlisberger -black in color size 52
2)Ben Roethlisberger -black in color size 50
3)Ben Roethlisberger -black in color size 48
4)Jerome Bettis - white in color size 52
5)Heath Miller - white in color size 52
6)Hines Ward - black in color size 50
7)Santonio Holmes -black in color size 50
8)Santonio Holmes -black in color size 52
9)Troy Polamalu -white in color size 52

These are $140 shipped. At ANY store, they are a minimum of $280/each. I will guarantee them as the real thing. If not satisfied, I will refund your money.

Some pics are available here: http://photos.yahoo.com/jamesge@sbcglobal.net E-mail me to jamesge@sbcglobal.net for questions.

Thanks,
Glenn James
(614) 330-0436

Sizing:
54 = XXl
52 = XL
50 = L
48 = M

Also, for every jersey I sell from this website, I will donate $7 to the sites Paypal account.

nicesteel4life
07-06-2006, 09:24 AM
First Off! Thee not exactly like they wear. Second They never truly made a Black Superbowl Jersey, Third if the were Authentic they wouldn't be in little plastic bags, Fourth you need to pawn your $50 Shirts on Ebay. Fifth if they were authentic you would have a much better Picture available... Get out of here!!!

BlackNGold203
07-06-2006, 09:44 AM
First Off! Thee not exactly like they wear. Second They never truly made a Black Superbowl Jersey, Third if the were Authentic they wouldn't be in little plastic bags, Fourth you need to pawn your $50 Shirts on Ebay. Fifth if they were authentic you would have a much better Picture available... Get out of here!!!

Whoa!!!...Chill!!!

They DID make authentic black SB jerseys...I've seen them...

There is no crime being comitted here...buy or dont buy...your call..everyone's call...

nicesteel4life
07-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Sorry! Sorry! ........Just got ripped for a AUTHENTIC JERSEY

Authentic Jerseys
07-06-2006, 01:09 PM

You sir, are clueless. Are you upset at everything?

They are REAL! I know this because I am getting them directly from Reebok. If not in plastic, what are they in, rubber?

Picture, should I have a $10K camera to take pics? What constitutes a GOOD pic? I think I took good enough pics.

Stay out of my thread.

Go Steelers!

Authentic Jerseys
07-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Sorry! Sorry! ........Just got ripped for a AUTHENTIC JERSEY

That's because you bought off Ebay. Big mistake! You get what you pay for. I refuse to put these on Ebay. Everything on there is fake.

SteelersMongol
07-07-2006, 09:24 AM
Hey, guys is there a difference between replithentic jersey and authentic jersey? Can anyone enlighten me please?

Authentic Jerseys
07-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Hey, guys is there a difference between replithentic jersey and authentic jersey? Can anyone enlighten me please?

Yes. If you see the price around $50, and it looks authentic, it is replithentic. Reeboks wholesale cost is $137.25. So, if you see them at those low prices, it is fake. Also, they will say made in China on the gray tag on the collar. Otherwise the replithentics are identical to the real.

SteelersMongol
07-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Yes. If you see the price around $50, and it looks authentic, it is replithentic. Reeboks wholesale cost is $117.25. So, if you see them at those low prices, it is fake. Also, they will say made in China on the gray tag on the collar. Otherwise the replithentics are identical to the real.

I see. So even if all those name, logo, and numbers are sewn they can be fake?! Maaan. :pde: Thanks for the heads up.

The thing is I got four jerseys that were coming up to $130 plus shipping, right after the SB. Everything is suppose to be authentic according to the seller. :smile: The seller got them from the fabric. I guess I'll never know.

Authentic Jerseys
07-07-2006, 12:43 PM
I see. So even if all those name, logo, and numbers are sewn they can be fake?! Maaan. :pde: Thanks for the heads up.

The thing is I got four jerseys that were coming up to $130 plus shipping, right after the SB. Everything is suppose to be authentic according to the seller. :smile: The seller got them from the fabric. I guess I'll never know.

Well, if you have them already, and you are happy with them, I would not care if I was you. If they are identical to an original, don't worry about what you purchased. 4 jerseys at that price is still a deal. Most people can not tell them apart. I can spot a fake immediately.

If I was you, feel confident in your purchase and wear them with pride.

section514
07-07-2006, 12:55 PM
I just bought a heath miller on ebay, I compared it to an authentic jersey and they are identical, i payed $45 for it, if some guy made it in his basement, i really don't care it still looks authentic and personally, I don't plan on washing it either. I will take a picture of it for you and you let me know if and why it is a fake.

Authentic Jerseys
07-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I just bought a heath miller on ebay, I compared it to an authentic jersey and they are identical, i payed $45 for it, if some guy made it in his basement, i really don't care it still looks authentic and personally, I don't plan on washing it either. I will take a picture of it for you and you let me know if and why it is a fake.

I have been hearing about the Ebay jerseys looking identical. The best way to tell is by the seem under the sleeves. Take a pic of that seem.

Authentic Jerseys
07-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Ok all. Here is what I am going to do. I want to get the ball rolling on selling these jerseys as a small business. The nine jerseys listed at the beginning of this post are currently in my posession.

What I would like to do: I will sell the jerseys I have now, at a cost of $95/shipped. This is to get the "word of mouth" to the public on what I am offering.

If you would like one, let me know.

SteelersMongol
07-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Well, if you have them already, and you are happy with them, I would not care if I was you. If they are identical to an original, don't worry about what you purchased. 4 jerseys at that price is still a deal. Most people can not tell them apart. I can spot a fake immediately.

If I was you, feel confident in your purchase and wear them with pride.

I do wear them with pride. As a matter of fact, I used to try to wear them on special occassions only, but at the moment I wear them everynow and then. that my wife makes fun of me and say "sometimes it's like if I don't have anything else to wear." Ha ha ha.

Actually I was gonna buy the one that you can write your own name, but my last name had way too many letters (11) before the last season from the NFL webshop. Ha ha ha.

It is a good thing that you can tell the difference between fake and real. :smile: I wish I could. Well wish you good luck with your business. Thanks for the quick replies.

geran42o
07-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Will you be gettin any 56's or 58's for us bigger brotha's?

section514
07-08-2006, 12:35 PM
http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/4407/steeler0107cb.jpghttp://img424.imageshack.us/img424/4518/steeler0059mi.jpghttp://img424.imageshack.us/img424/1908/steeler0069ku.jpghttp://img255.imageshack.us/img255/6550/steeler0077zf.jpg

Authentic Jerseys
07-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Section514,

That one is a tough one. For three reasons:

1) Reebok does manufacter their jerseys in the US and in Korea. So, the made in Korea is legit.
2) Where it says "100% Polyester", sometimes the "Polyester" will be spelled in 3 languages as well. However, since it is made in Korea, they do no have to denote the 3-language spelling. So, too, that is legit
3) The seam below the arms is sometimes a double stitch, if made in America. But, is a single stitch if made in the US.

I would need to see the triangle shape emblem "equipment", that is on the front of the neck, to see the stitching to tell for sure.

Now, I do know that Reeboks wharehouse was broken into about 9 months ago. There were an assortment of products stolen. Jerseys were on the list. Some of these Ebay jerseys may, in fact, be real.

I think you have a real one my friend.

section514
07-08-2006, 08:41 PM
you know what, if you are having this much trouble to determine whether it is a fake, i dont think all my drunk buddies, and other steeler fans are going to be able to tell, i think it was $45 well spent

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6567/pict00190ik.jpg

swearangen
07-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Paid for an authentic Roethlisberger white jersey on ebay. Should have known I would never get the real deal for $30 including shipping. It is wearable and worth the cost but the false advertising has to stop.

swearangen
07-09-2006, 06:04 PM
And yes, it had all the official tags and NFL equipment patch

geran42o
07-09-2006, 06:08 PM
not that I'm an expert but the real authentics are made of a heavier material and the one in the pictures looks like it's made of light weight stuff, like what replica jersey's are made out of. I have 3 Real authentics and just bought " real " Polamalu and Ward jersey's on e-bay about 2 months ago and I can tell the difference. The Fake ones are really light and shiny. But I couldn't beat the price, 80 bucks for the both of them.

section514
07-09-2006, 07:45 PM
mine is very heavy duty fabric

Authentic Jerseys
07-09-2006, 08:04 PM

Sounds as if you may have found a heck of a deal.

And yes, the fake ones' fabric have a sheen to them.

LambertIsGod58
07-23-2006, 11:13 AM
I wouldn't consider myself and expert on Steelers jerseys....but pretty close. To put it simply, at least as far as eBay is concerned.....the fakes have an almost satin look to them. For me anyway, the biggest giveaway are the sleeves. Usually the color combinations are not right or they are heat sealed on the jerseys. As long as I have been a Steelers fan, the colors have always been woven into the jersey. I looked for 2yrs for someone to make me a 1970's long sleeve white jersey. I found them for $150. Mitchell & Ness doesn't make Steelers jerseys in L/S. IMO, M&N is one of the biggest shams out there. The whole replithentic thing has made it more difficult for the average fan to know what it authentic. Even the reebok authentics differ from what our Steelers truly wear. The colors on the sleeves start up further on the jersey. But, I'm sure that's b/c they are game issued.

Authentic Jerseys
08-03-2006, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't consider myself and expert on Steelers jerseys....but pretty close. To put it simply, at least as far as eBay is concerned.....the fakes have an almost satin look to them. For me anyway, the biggest giveaway are the sleeves. Usually the color combinations are not right or they are heat sealed on the jerseys. As long as I have been a Steelers fan, the colors have always been woven into the jersey. I looked for 2yrs for someone to make me a 1970's long sleeve white jersey. I found them for $150. Mitchell & Ness doesn't make Steelers jerseys in L/S. IMO, M&N is one of the biggest shams out there. The whole replithentic thing has made it more difficult for the average fan to know what it authentic. Even the reebok authentics differ from what our Steelers truly wear. The colors on the sleeves start up further on the jersey. But, I'm sure that's b/c they are game issued.

All game worn jerseys are custom taylored to what each individual player wants. No game worn jersey will be the same from player to player. A fan purchased authentic, is taylored for comfort. Reebok designs the authentics to be worn like a shirt, not with pads.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-05-2006, 04:57 PM
I just got my Hines Ward away jersey that I bought off e-bay today in the mail. I paid 39.99 plus 12 bucks shipping. If its not a true authentic its pretty freaking close and I couldn't beat that deal.

But authentic jersey if you get any 56 size jersey's let me know. I would always be interested in a Steelers jersey.

LambertIsGod58
08-06-2006, 09:33 AM
you got a Franco jersey yet?

Steelers
09-07-2006, 11:27 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&item=200024159343&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I just won this. What's the verdict, lol?

Steelers
09-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Bump.

LambertIsGod58
09-10-2006, 04:20 PM
If it's not real....close enough for me. Some of them are stolen...that's one reason for the low prices on some.

Tankus_Maximus
09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Looks pretty good to me...I've bought seveal of these "authentics" off ebay, and none of them have a shine to them. For that price though, you can't go wrong. Next time you're at the mall or a sports store, check 'em out and compare 'em. The retailers got them going over $200, $300 in some areas!!

Steelers
09-12-2006, 11:03 AM
Just for the record, my brand new Joey Porter Away Authentic jersey came today in a sealed plastic bag and I'm ecstatic. $60 + $11 S&H for this beauty. Looks real to me (see pics in previous page) but I'll still probably compare it to its $250 counterpart at the mall someday just for sh**s and giggles.

I'm considering replacing my replica home Big Ben one for an authentic one on eBay now...

ROETTI
09-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Many people sell what they call "Authentic" all numbers and letters are sewn on, but the shirt itself is not authentic, however they are very nice, but $140 is quite high compared to what's on eBay for those type of jerseys.

steelcurtain09
10-08-2006, 04:55 PM
just bought an authenitic from my friend who only wore it once cause he got it for christmas and by the next year he was too big for it. paid $35

MJ5150
11-15-2006, 06:24 PM
I bought two of the "on field" authentics from eBay. The Kreider cost me $50, and the Hampton cost me $61. The Kreider arrived today, and it is awesome. There is no way you can tell that it is not real.

No one I know will be able to tell the difference. I suppose if I showed up at Steeler practice wearing it, a few players would be able to point out the differences.

-Mike

PisnNapalm
11-15-2006, 06:41 PM
The way I look at buying jerseys is this. If the buyer is happy with it then so be it.

I know my Lambert jersey isn't authentic... the tag says it is, but I don't think it is. Yet... I'm absolutely thrilled with it. It's now my favorite jersey. The numbers and name are stitched on. The stripes on the sleeves are stitched on as well. They won't be peeling off after a few washes like my old authentic replica jersey did. I'll never buy that ironed on crap again.

MJ5150
11-15-2006, 11:36 PM
The way I look at buying jerseys is this. If the buyer is happy with it then so be it.

Yeah, but just you wait until your waling down the street someday and Jack Lambert comes walking up to you to say hi while you have your jersey on! The first thing he will say is "That isn't a real jersey"!!!! :flap:

-Mike

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Hey there guys do yourselves a favor and don't buy anything from this guy. I was going to cancel my order with him and he said he had already ordered the jersey, so I told him to just send it along to me. Well that was back in December matter of fact it was supposed to be shipped 12/4/06. I have sent a gazillion e-mails to him and he won't reply to any of them. The guys a big freaking rip off he's got my $120 bucks and I still have no jersey. nice way to do business 'eh! What a freaking loser :flipoff:

Since I am new to this site, I understand the need for EXTREME caution when purchasing from anyone. I am willing to ship first, as to build trust on this site. Then, once you receive an item, you can send me a money order or pay via Paypal. I will just need some information before shipping.

I have a friend that is a rep for Reebok. I can get any POPULAR player/size/color. I have 9 right now. These are the 100% real thing. Exactly the ones the players wear. They are the Super Bowl jerseys so they have the Super Bowl XL patch sewn on as well. All items are sewn on, heavywieght material, and have the woven cloth sleeves. The Santonio Holmes jerseys do not have the SB XL patch.

These are brand new, still in plastic, and with tags.

1)Ben Roethlisberger -black in color size 52
2)Ben Roethlisberger -black in color size 50
3)Ben Roethlisberger -black in color size 48
4)Jerome Bettis - white in color size 52
5)Heath Miller - white in color size 52
6)Hines Ward - black in color size 50
7)Santonio Holmes -black in color size 50
8)Santonio Holmes -black in color size 52
9)Troy Polamalu -white in color size 52

These are $140 shipped. At ANY store, they are a minimum of $280/each. I will guarantee them as the real thing. If not satisfied, I will refund your money.

Some pics are available here: http://photos.yahoo.com/jamesge@sbcglobal.net E-mail me to jamesge@sbcglobal.net for questions.

Thanks,
Glenn James
(614) 330-0436

Sizing:
54 = XXl
52 = XL
50 = L
48 = M

Also, for every jersey I sell from this website, I will donate $7 to the sites Paypal account.

MJ5150
01-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Hey there guys do yourselves a favor and don't buy anything from this guy.

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry you had to take one for the team.

Shortly after I bought my jerseys, I found a website for people passionate about jerseys like we are with the Steelers. I learned a LOT from those guys about real and fake jerseys. I ended up returning both of those fakes.

If anyone wants any help in getting the real deal jerseys let me know. It isn't good enough to say "it looks real, so who cares?". When we buy from these scammers, we are just adding to the deception.

-Mike

MJ5150
01-20-2007, 05:24 AM

Heavy or light duty, that Miller is fake.

The shiny white material gives it away as fake. There is no shiny material on Steelers jerseys.

-Mike

SMR
02-19-2007, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry Section514 but MJ5150 is right, as long as the jersey has a shiny sheen look to it- it's fake. I have one authentic customized jersey I bought from nflshop and a so-called "authentic" Bettis Superbowl jersey from eBay. The eBay is fake and has a shine to it and also the NFL equipment logo sewn on the front collar is supposed to be seamlessly attached in the middle. The fake logo would be like the one in your pic where the logo itself has a shiny cloth surrounding it and the rest of the collar is without the shine- inconsistency.