PDA

View Full Version : Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney

mesaSteeler
01-26-2012, 08:41 PM
Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney

By Scott Brown and Shawn McCullough
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, January 26, 2012

HONOLULU Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has questions about the direction of the Steelers' offense, and he plans to seek out team president Art Rooney II when he returns to Pittsburgh after playing in the Pro Bowl on Sunday night.

"When I get back I'm going to go up to Mr. Rooney's office and ask him what he wants from me, what he wants from this offense, because I think that's a viable question for him," Roethlisberger said Thursday in an exclusive interview with the Tribune-Review following a light Pro Bowl practice. "He's our owner and our boss, so I really would like to know kind of what he wants and where he sees our offense going because I'd like to tell him where I see us going."

The offense has become perhaps the biggest question mark in an offseason full of them for the Steelers.

Bruce Arians, who has a close relationship with Roethlisberger, will not return after serving five seasons as the Steelers' offensive coordinator. The Steelers said Arians retired, but Arians said earlier this week that his contract had not been renewed.

Arians was supposed to go to Hawaii as Roethlisberger's guest for the Pro Bowl, but pulled out after everything went down with Steelers.

Rooney, in an interview with Steelers.com, sidestepped a question about the circumstances under which Arians left. Rooney said that moving forward was the most important thing.

The Steelers declined to comment on what Roethlisberger said, the quarterback's first public comments since Arians' departure.

Roethlisberger had lobbied on Arians' behalf after the 2009 season, when the Steelers seriously considered ousting him. He was miffed by the timing of the change now because Roethlisberger said he believes the offense is close to putting it all together.

"We feel like we are really close to being an elite offense," said Roethlisberger, who will play in his second Pro Bowl. "For your leader to be gone is kind of a shocker for us, but you've got to be ready for it, and whatever the Rooneys and coach (Mike) Tomlin decide is our next step. I think the (Steelers') mind was made up, and B.A. was kind of ready to move on as well."

The Steelers finished 12th in the NFL in total offense, averaging 372.3 yards per game this past season. They tied for 21st in scoring (20.3 points per game). Rooney told the Trib last week that the Steelers need to improve in that area.

Rooney also said during a wide-ranging interview that the Steelers need to cut down on sacks and that Roethlisberger needs to "tweak" his game.

"From what I understood from that was, just not get hit to so much," said Roethlisberger, who was sacked 40 times in 15 regular-season games in 2011. "I think some of that's on me; some of that's on linemen. It's on everybody, so I'll put it on me and try to make those adjustments."

Read more: Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger wants an answer from Rooney - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/print_778590.html#ixzz1kcPJsQxd

Sharkissle29
01-26-2012, 09:35 PM
and Rooney will say, i want you to SCORE

ricardisimo
01-26-2012, 09:37 PM
"I think some of that's on me; some of that's on linemen. It's on everybody, so I'll put it on me and try to make those adjustments."
I think that's the first time I've ever heard him - in even a roundabout way - call out his line. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, but it might be moot if the line looks entirely different next year.

Deserei90
01-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Oh Ben, I love ya, but Shut Up!!

R2sojr
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM
I think Ben needs to simmer down because he was 1 step from playing for the Rams..lol in all serious I think he needs to let the owner ship handle who does the hiring and who could be cut and realize he's only on one end. Man this team is starting to act like the Lions.

xbroughneck
01-26-2012, 10:38 PM

This.

All Ben needs to do is...

1) complete passes
2) don't turn the ball over
3) convert 3rd downs
4) occasionally use his legs to avoid a sack

That can be achieve running a basic pro set offense. Hell, if the Ravens can win running it with a FLACCO who the heck doesn't believe the Steelers can do it with Big Ben?

Shut up and win Ben. Don't worry about the direction of the offense.

Steel_Bus_24
01-26-2012, 10:45 PM

Yep

Mr.Rooney should say

"Ben I love ya man, but this type of sh***y redzone efficiency has to stop.........last I checked they're still only handing out 3 for FGs"

60_MINUTES
01-26-2012, 10:48 PM
I wouldnt way much into this... the guy is using BENs words to seem like BEN is unhappy.. At the probowl on an interview BEN seemed just fine.. more then fine and said all the right things... I think its a non issue... you got to watch the ****s writing these articles.. you guys know that

Bayz101
01-26-2012, 11:00 PM
It's funny how someone's words can look entirely different on paper. I'm sure his tone was great on this matter, and he's optimistic...

There was an interview w/ the NFL Network today in which he was fine.

jjpro11
01-27-2012, 12:05 AM
imagine the offense if they had the oline from 2004 and 2005.

figg
01-27-2012, 12:09 AM
Get the **** out of my office and while youre at it stop wearing different color shoes to show everyone you have a bubu.

Steel Peon
01-27-2012, 12:37 AM
:thmbup:

Bayz101
01-27-2012, 12:42 AM

-Inset bathroom stall joke here-

:rofl:

lipps83
01-27-2012, 01:16 AM
imagine the offense if they had the oline from 2004 and 2005.

It would still take Ben 6 seconds to get rid of the ball with receivers running 15 yard routes or more to convert a 3rd and 2 and Ben overlooking the wide open guy in the flat passed the marker. We would still be settling for field goals, or getting sacked in field goal range taking us out.

Bayz101
01-27-2012, 01:39 AM
It would still take Ben 6 seconds to get rid of the ball with receivers running 15 yard routes or more to convert a 3rd and 2 and Ben overlooking the wide open guy in the flat passed the marker. We would still be settling for field goals, or getting sacked in field goal range taking us out.

:blah:

tony hipchest
01-27-2012, 01:53 AM
the simple answer from rooney is that rookies cam newton and andy daulton were pretty much just as effective as him (with less offensive talent around them).

the best thing to do is accept the fact that bruce is gone and its best to move on, because if he wasnt the problem, guess who's next in line?

4xSBChamps
01-27-2012, 06:22 AM
... I think Ben needs to simmer down because he was 1 step from playing for the Rams....

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/BenRoethlisberger-brokennose.jpg

"... do they have an Offensive Line that can actually pass-block???"

MDSteel15
01-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Man does he ever sound like a young Terry Bradshaw! :toofunny:

FanSince72
01-27-2012, 09:09 AM
:popcorn:

MDSteel15
01-27-2012, 09:12 AM
the simple answer from rooney is that rookies cam newton and andy daulton were pretty much just as effective as him (with less offensive talent around them).

the best thing to do is accept the fact that bruce is gone and its best to move on, because if he wasnt the problem, guess who's next in line?

That would be the O-line...

CA Black & Gold
01-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Hey Ben, I'll tell you where the Offense is going. NOWHERE!!!!! We're sitting home aren't we? Just shut up and play. It's not just all about you

Sneak
01-27-2012, 11:13 AM
Did any of you bother _READING_ the article? Or are you too busy trying to find reasons to badmouth Big Ben? What he said was that he wanted to know what Rooney wants from the Offense. And for that, he needs to shut up? Its a legitimate concern - his OC is gone. So presumably, the offense WILL go in a new direction.. As a QB, he should be concerned - and he should probably be curious about which direction the offense is headed. Which is what he said.

The fact that they descided to give the article the spin of him "wanting an answer", implies he somehow is demanding an answer regarding why Arians was let go. Thats the WRITERs spin on it. Ben said no such thing. In no way was he out of line here.

SteelisLife
01-27-2012, 11:14 AM
Shows you again how much respect and control over the team Tomlin has.
It's not, "I'm going to sit down with coach Tomlin...., " or "Coach and I are going to talk with Mr. Rooney."

Kanata-Steeler
01-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Hey, "newsflash" Ben, the "lyrics" of that song are about to change for you.
Rooney's ANSWER: "...Here's your new (OC)Boss, and it WILL NOT Be The same as your old (OC)Boss...!!!"
:)
And that's comin from way up top. -'ya know, the one that pays you, invested in you,..., your employer.
So, I like Ben's attitude to this "change", but, maybe it hasn't quite sunk into him yet. You can't candy-ass it, this time.
However, there will definitely be some changes bud.
In other words, our "O" has sucked, somewhat, in comparison to our "D". !
- That's the only thing YOU need to worry about.
I'll save you the trip to "... asking Rooney." ?
Now, just shut your yap, and stay in great shape -health-wise, practice, work-out, practice, work-out...., so, there's your answer from Rooney, AND Tomlin, until THEY gets YOU a replacement OC, that SUITS the Steelers' as a whole, NOT just YOU, Ben. -not ever again.

jiminpa
01-27-2012, 11:45 AM
Yep

Mr.Rooney should say

"Ben I love ya man, but this type of sh***y redzone efficiency has to stop.........last I checked they're still only handing out 3 for FGs"and you still have to actually make the fieldgoal to get the points, which in our case is about as likely as redzone TDs.

BR seriously thinks he's going to challenge the owner? Not a smart career move. 5 years from now the Rooneys will still own the Steelers, and BR will be in some phase of retirement, (possibly playing for one of those teams that loves to pay washed up players to live the delusion that they still have something, but even those teams are becoming rare).

Hopefully Rooney will remember that he is speaking to a child in an adult body, and explain to BR that he will start learning the direction of the offense when he sees the new playbook and starts hearing a new voice in his helmet, and that the guy who knew so little about football that he actually consulted with in idiot like Ben no longer works for the Steelers, or any other football team on the planet, but has sent his resume to every organization that even has pictures of footballs hanging on their walls. If Rooney forgets that he is speaking to a child in an adult body, it could get very ugly.

jiminpa
01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
Man does he ever sound like a young Terry Bradshaw! :toofunny:Yeah, but by this point in his career Terry had learned something, yet could back up what his mouth used to be saying, BR, not so much on either count.

NoFieldFive
01-27-2012, 12:53 PM
if Tomlin had control Ben would be going to Tomlin and not the owner.

Tomlin should be going to Ben and telling him himself what the issues are.

If Tomlin does not know the issues then Colbert should explain them to him.

If Cobert does not know the issues then Rooney should explain them to Colbert

the chain of command seems to be out of whack

Kanata-Steeler
01-27-2012, 12:58 PM
if Tomlin had control Ben would be going to Tomlin and not the owner.

Tomlin should be going to Ben and telling him himself what the issues are.

If Tomlin does not know the issues then Colbert should explain them to him.

If Cobert does not know the issues then Rooney should explain them to Colbert

the chain of command seems to be out of whack

Yep,
and you're right, The so-called "chain of command" definitely needs to be fixed finally, and if need be, "Full Metal Jacket" !
..., soooo, truly, welcome to "Coaching" in the NFL, Mike ?
:)

NoFieldFive
01-27-2012, 01:19 PM
the trouble is with Tomlin wanting to keep Arians I don't believe Tomlin realizes there is a problem.

Ben and Arians are just 2 of Tomlin's many buddies.

TRH
01-27-2012, 04:32 PM
It's funny how someone's words can look entirely different on paper. I'm sure his tone was great on this matter, and he's optimistic...

There was an interview w/ the NFL Network today in which he was fine.

Yeah, most people are taking that quote WAY, way, way wrong. I like the fact that he said that.
Sounds like he's being a total team guy. This is what our owner wants, i want to be involved and a main part of it.........what do i do? What do you want me to do? Lets talk and all be on the same page.
I'd do EXACTLY the same thing. He's doing the right thing.

steelfury02
01-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Ha-rumph, ha-rumph, ha-rumph

Hey - I didn't get a ha-rumph from you!

HA-RUMPH!

HAWK
01-27-2012, 04:46 PM
Here's the interview everyone has been going on about:

http://goo.gl/NRhPk

bluesmanw
01-27-2012, 05:10 PM
I am a Steelers fan and truthfully, I dont think most of you deserve Ben. There are certain posters on here who will bash him no matter what he does. You have completely misread and misinterpreted his words and intentions to suit your own needs-to trash Ben.

Atlanta Dan
01-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah, most people are taking that quote WAY, way, way wrong. I like the fact that he said that.
Sounds like he's being a total team guy. This is what our owner wants, i want to be involved and a main part of it.........what do i do? What do you want me to do? Lets talk and all be on the same page.
I'd do EXACTLY the same thing. He's doing the right thing.

Ed B. of the P-G is not quite so supportive of Ben's statements (I guess Ben is not a source:chuckle:)

The Steelers had to know this was coming. As Bruce Arians said, Ben Roethlisberger is not happy and in Hawaii, he opened up about it. He did not blast the Steelers, but by saying he wants to go into Art Rooney's office and get some answers, it shows he's upset enough to go straight to the top.

But isn't that the wrong place to start, and isn't this something that should have been done two years ago when Rooney first complained about the offense publicly?

Before Ben marches into Art Rooney's office, he should try knocking on Mike Tomlin's door. He needs to find out from him where the offense is going, what ideas he has that he wants from the offense and, precisely, what he wants from the quarterback.

Roethlisberger also needs to remember where he was two years ago in March and how the Steelers and others around helped him through all that. He was in a pickle, and they helped him dig out of it, including the Rooney whose office he now wants to storm to get answers.

Maybe Ben should look in a mirror and demand answers from that before he does from others.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114595-ed-ben-can-look-into-mirror-for-answers

60_MINUTES
01-27-2012, 05:18 PM

wow some of you need to quit reading shit if your not smart enough to figure out the reporters are trying to stir shit up... After hearing the way he said it BEN was in no way what so ever angry at the rooneys.. If anything he came across as being ready to do whatever the rooneys and coach tomlin wanted.. He seems happy and seemed like he expected it to happen..

We have no problem here at all BEN is ready to go the new O coord will be 10 times better then BA I expect huge things from BEN

Curtain_of_Steel
01-27-2012, 05:20 PM
I have no problem with Ben asking WTF do you expect from me. Espcially with that POs Oline you keep giving me, and I keep defending them day and night.

There must be something in the water though, Peyton is spewing crap at Irsay, lol. Now Ben saying WTF to the big Rooney boys.
I'll root for ya Ben, but the fella's Rooney have quick trigger fingers and I have signed helmets and framed jerseys on my wall, I would hate for you to be gone because there egos got hurt when you said WTF biatches!

As far as Ben oweing the Rooneys? He owes them nothing, zero, nada, zilch!

Black N' Yellow
01-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Ben has a point. This offense needs to move to a passing/West Coast offense and our strength isn't in the running game anymore until we fix our o-line. And everyone's forgetting Ben threw for 4000 yards and 21 touchdowns with a broken thumb, sprained ankle, and a sprained foot throughout the season. That's impressive and changing coordinators/offense at this point is kind of strange on the part of the management.

noto45
01-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Last time I checked Ben you are a player. So they owe you nothing. You are a elite QB in this league and a true Steeler but now its time to listen to your boss and do what is best WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAWK
01-27-2012, 05:36 PM
I am a Steelers fan and truthfully, I dont think most of you deserve Ben. There are certain posters on here who will bash him no matter what he does. You have completely misread and misinterpreted his words and intentions to suit your own needs-to trash Ben.

Agreed. I don't get how a team that has recently seen three Super Bowls netting two wins is being treated like they're the Raiders or the Browns. WTF?

Ricco Suavez
01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Hey Ben, I'll tell you where the Offense is going. NOWHERE!!!!! We're sitting home aren't we? Just shut up and play. It's not just all about you

How did that high powered Packers and Saints:rofl: offense do?

Ricco Suavez
01-27-2012, 05:48 PM
I read no where in that article that Ben was challenging Rooney. I read that a "professional" QB whats to know what his owner wants. Score more points is so much info I am sure he will not be able to comprehend all of it. How bout just win baby, oh sorry he already wins. Grown people can sit down and talk without it being a big deal. I cannot believe I am reading all this between the line crap some of you is spouting.

rgj
01-27-2012, 06:09 PM
Hey....maybe Sir Ben wants to apply to be the player/OC.......

austinfrench76
01-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Ben shouldn't worry so much about Mr Rooney as he shold Kevin Colbert and Tomlin. If he wants to be pissed, he should go SCREAM directly in their faces to address the Oline situation. This could all be a non issue if we address Oline with any aggression the last 4 years. Our offense has 4 players at the Pro Bowl, including both of his starting receivers, but our O is average. Just play football and let the FO do it's job...

FanSince72
01-27-2012, 06:18 PM
How did that high powered Packers and Saints:rofl: offense do?

Yes, but you're forgetting that neither of those teams had THE NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE ENTIRE NFL.

Ricco Suavez
01-27-2012, 06:21 PM
Yes, but you're forgetting that neither of those teams had THE NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE ENTIRE NFL.

The Packers would of had to score more than the 20 they did against the Giants if they were to beat the Broncos.

wera176
01-27-2012, 11:38 PM

^This

There are probably about 25 teams or so that would LOVE to have Ben.

60_MINUTES
01-28-2012, 12:15 AM
Go listen to the interview before you guys cont to rip BEN... he is being nothing at all more then a team player... the articles your reading is stiring shit up and you guys are taking the BAIT... hell sounds like BEN knew it was coming and sounds like hes excited to get going with the new guy... You guys should check into things before you start buying into shit that people like Ed Bullshit and his boys write... UN Real

anyway its a non issure once you hear it youll see... lets move on and talk about free agents money moves and draft. All the drama should be gone for a change and we should be able to enjoy some good football talk... that is unless some of you keep letting reporters piss you off cause you dont take time to investigate for your self..lol GOOD LORD wake up guys

Bayz101
01-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Next time, please just quote the interview in it's original thread. No need to create another topic concerning the same interview. Just quote the interview in that post, and i'll do the same. I agree it's manipulative what writing can do, but it's not the writers fault. He's quoting exactly what Ben said, it's just that writing lacks emotion and tone.

Bayz101
01-28-2012, 12:28 AM

Listen to this people. Writing can be manipulative, it's hearing him speak that counts.

FanSince72
01-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Excuse me but I'd like to point out that I have no problem with Ben and that my contributions to that particular thread were solely in the form of sarcasm and light entertainment.

That's all I wanted to say. :hatsoff:

Please continue.

Bayz101
01-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Excuse me but I'd like to point out that I have no problem with Ben and that my contributions to that particular thread were solely in the form of sarcasm and light entertainment.

That's all I wanted to say. :hatsoff:

Please continue.

I'm not familiar with the topic, I sort of just skimmed through the article that started it all and hadn't returned since. However, I do know there's nothing wrong with entertainment :chuckle:

Sneak
01-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Go listen to the interview before you guys cont to rip BEN... he is being nothing at all more then a team player... the articles your reading is stiring shit up and you guys are taking the BAIT... hell sounds like BEN knew it was coming and sounds like hes excited to get going with the new guy... You guys should check into things before you start buying into shit that people like Ed Bullshit and his boys write... UN Real

anyway its a non issure once you hear it youll see... lets move on and talk about free agents money moves and draft. All the drama should be gone for a change and we should be able to enjoy some good football talk... that is unless some of you keep letting reporters piss you off cause you dont take time to investigate for your self..lol GOOD LORD wake up guys

I agree 100 percent. It seems to me that some of the people on this board will rip anyone and everyone if its not a SB-winning year. Lets be realistic, SB wins dont come every year. And just because we didnt win the SB it doesent mean the team is in crisis. And no, it doesent mean Tomlin has no control of the team or sucks as a coach. It doesent mean our QB is a selfish diva that needs to shut up. It doesent mean that we need to fire the coach of any position that doesent play 145 percent on every play.

Its a game. Its a zero-sum game. Some years we'll be better at some parts of the game than others, because here's a newsflash, you've got a couple of other teams out there thats trying to win too. The fact that the Steelers remain relevant year after year after year is a testament to how good the organisation is.

So lets have a little faith, eh?

tony hipchest
01-28-2012, 02:08 AM
Bayz101 is right. theres no need to split a thread in 2 just to carry on with the same discussion.

i know at times we all think our points are more valid than all others, but we cant let every single thought or post to become its own thread. its bad enough with all the spammers we got trying to clutter this board.

I agree 100 percent. It seems to me that some of the people on this board will rip anyone and everyone if its not a SB-winning year. Lets be realistic, SB wins dont come every year. And just because we didnt win the SB it doesent mean the team is in crisis. And no, it doesent mean Tomlin has no control of the team or sucks as a coach. It doesent mean our QB is a selfish diva that needs to shut up. It doesent mean that we need to fire the coach of any position that doesent play 145 percent on every play.

Its a game. Its a zero-sum game. Some years we'll be better at some parts of the game than others, because here's a newsflash, you've got a couple of other teams out there thats trying to win too. The fact that the Steelers remain relevant year after year after year is a testament to how good the organisation is.

So lets have a little faith, eh?hell, people were slamming santonio holmes a day after he was named superbowl MVP. granted he was a turd who ultimately earned the boot kicking his ass out the door, but still...

having faith is alot to ask of some of the haters and debbie downers.

Wallace108
01-28-2012, 02:09 AM
I agree 100 percent. It seems to me that some of the people on this board will rip anyone and everyone if its not a SB-winning year.

I don't think the problem is with the people on this board. The problem is with the way some of the stories were written and the headlines that were attached to them. After Ben made some comments, there were numerous headlines and ledes that gave the impression that Ben was going to march into Rooney's office and demand answers about why Arians was let go. But then you actually start reading Ben's quotes and you learn that he wants to meet with Rooney to discuss the future of the offense. That's a completely different scenario than what a lot of the stories were implying.

tony hipchest
01-28-2012, 02:21 AM
being in mgmt i do have slight problem with ben jumping the chain of command like that, but hey, maybe ben and rooney are tight like that where he has a green light from the head boss man that "if you ever have a problem or issue you would like to discuss, come see me."

i woulda prefered ben say he was gonna ask tomlin to set up a meeting so they all could discuss these issues.

im sure anything rooney will tell ben, he coulda heard just the same from his head coach. after all, thats the head coaches job.

just like it was the HC's job to inform arians he would not have a job with the team going forward.

Wallace108
01-28-2012, 02:35 AM
being in mgmt i do have slight problem with ben jumping the chain of command like that, but hey, maybe ben and rooney are tight like that where he has a green light from the head boss man that "if you ever have a problem or issue you would like to discuss, come see me."

i woulda prefered ben say he was gonna ask tomlin to set up a meeting so they all could discuss these issues.

im sure anything rooney will tell ben, he coulda heard just the same from his head coach. after all, thats the head coaches job.

just like it was the HC's job to inform arians he would not have a job with the team going forward.

Yeah, that's a valid point. I hate to say it, but in my opinion, this whole situation has made Tomlin look kinda weak. First Rooney does an end around on him, then Ben goes above his head. But I guess it shouldn't be surprising that Ben feels he has the clout to do that. Hell, if he can dictate to Tomlin whether or not he's going to play in a game, it stands to reason he'd bypass Tomlin and go straight to Rooney. I really wanna hear Tomlin's comments on all this. Unless I've missed it, he hasn't said anything since his short statement after Arians' "retirement."

MACH1
01-28-2012, 02:35 AM
i know at times we all think our points are more valid than all others

Please tell me we don't have another one of these.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-uDxwk3-KK6UcB7_zOiuG9jaJma8CcavDkKDwDGRL52JRxYc3Uwb_CdoM

:chuckle:

tanda10506
01-28-2012, 02:39 AM
If you, your direct supervisor (Arians), and his supervisor(Tomlin), all think you are doing a good job and then the top boss publicily says your not, then it's legitimate to ask him what he wants you to do. The offense has sucked many years but the team has still won 2 sb's and been to 3, which probably would make anybody think they were doing it right, even though in our case the defense has been the main reason for us winning. Im guessing that the spin on this is what makes it look bad, with the right plays called and a decent O line Ben will play shockingly well. My only problem with this is it's public, I just dont know why the team is going public so much lately. My wife and I have been married for 6 years and have had a few fights, not one time has either of us went commenting or telling anybody about it, that kind of stuff is solved in house.

ricardisimo
01-28-2012, 03:25 AM
If you, your direct supervisor (Arians), and his supervisor(Tomlin), all think you are doing a good job and then the top boss publicily says your not, then it's legitimate to ask him what he wants you to do. The offense has sucked many years but the team has still won 2 sb's and been to 3, which probably would make anybody think they were doing it right, even though in our case the defense has been the main reason for us winning. Im guessing that the spin on this is what makes it look bad, with the right plays called and a decent O line Ben will play shockingly well. My only problem with this is it's public, I just dont know why the team is going public so much lately. My wife and I have been married for 6 years and have had a few fights, not one time has either of us went commenting or telling anybody about it, that kind of stuff is solved in house.
Personally, I thought "retiring" Arians was about as respectful as you could do the thing. Bruce felt differently, it would seem. There's no "private" way to fire the guy, everyone will know as soon as it happens.

kan_t
01-28-2012, 05:22 AM
I see nothing wrong in Ben's quote. I want the franchise QB, coaches and the owner all being on the same page.

Bayz101
01-28-2012, 05:34 AM
I see nothing wrong in Ben's quote. I want the franchise QB, coaches and the owner all being on the same page.

:thmbup::thmbup:

plenewken
01-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Rooney to Ben : "Ben, go talk to Tomlin about it, he's your boss. I'm not:"

6RingsAndCounting
01-28-2012, 10:59 AM
I'm sure this was taken out of context to an extent, but he still needs to be careful of what he says

Edit: Okay, now that I heard it, it was definitely taken out of context. I hate the media

Ricco Suavez
01-28-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm sure this was taken out of context to an extent, but he still needs to be careful of what he says

Edit: Okay, now that I heard it, it was definitely taken out of context. I hate the media

Hey I hate the way some of the posters on this board jumped at the mere hint of "Drama" or "controversy". If you are not a fan of the current Steeler QB then you take every opportunity to twist any media to shed a bad light on him or the current coaching staff. Homers are one thing but to just lurk and then post hateful posts about members of this team whether its true or not is worst than trolls. What if Ben had been the one fined by the NFL for cell phone use on the sideline instead of Troy, we would still hear how selfish he was, or more "drama". BTW I had no problem with Troy using phone but I also had no problem with the league enforcing a rule. Yea I know the league reversed that fine, but would it have made a difference if it had been our QB.

Note: this post was not directed to you 6rings just using your quote to make my point.

6RingsAndCounting
01-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Hey I hate the way some of the posters on this board jumped at the mere hint of "Drama" or "controversy". If you are not a fan of the current Steeler QB then you take every opportunity to twist any media to shed a bad light on him or the current coaching staff. Homers are one thing but to just lurk and then post hateful posts about members of this team whether its true or not is worst than trolls. What if Ben had been the one fined by the NFL for cell phone use on the sideline instead of Troy, we would still hear how selfish he was, or more "drama". BTW I had no problem with Troy using phone but I also had no problem with the league enforcing a rule. Yea I know the league reversed that fine, but would it have made a difference if it had been our QB.

Note: this post was not directed to you 6rings just using your quote to make my point.

No hard feelings, to me, it amazes me how it appears that the media tries to find a way to make the Steelers the "Bad Guy"

PeRK82
01-28-2012, 04:52 PM
You guys better be thanking the football gods, us RAVENS fans are stuck with CAM " i formation " Cameron.

AND NO RAVEN FAN IS HAPPY, TRUST ME. We Lose our D.C to freaking INDY of all places and we are still stuck with a Joke of a play caller. LAME

Bayz101
01-28-2012, 04:54 PM
You guys better be thanking the football gods, us RAVENS fans are stuck with CAM " i formation " Cameron.

AND NO RAVEN FAN IS HAPPY, TRUST ME. We Lose our D.C to freaking INDY of all places and we are still stuck with a Joke of a play caller. LAME

Got to love Cam :rofl::rofl:

Atlanta Dan
01-28-2012, 05:55 PM

Welcome to our world until last week:chuckle:

What's up with these AFC North head coaches having bromances with their underperforming OCs?:noidea:

Biscotti will need to force out Cam but it will take a playoff miss or an early playoff exit to do it

6RingsAndCounting
01-29-2012, 10:03 AM
You guys better be thanking the football gods, us RAVENS fans are stuck with CAM " i formation " Cameron..

At least you have a fullback.....

steelfury02
01-31-2012, 10:42 AM
oh come on - you guys don't like #85?

:couch: