PDA

View Full Version : wanted... dead or alive...

j-dawg
07-06-2006, 10:40 AM
or not....

The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/04/washington/04intel.html?ex=1309665600&en=3779ed9b98bb9d22&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

ARKIESTEEL
07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I guess now I can come out of the bunker.

tony hipchest
07-06-2006, 11:12 PM
well CAH says osama is dead anyways, so it must be true.

now we can focus all our efforts into prosecuting those who accidentally pocket a pen after leaving a government establishment. it is a crime after all, and probably costs us millions of tax dollars a year.

SteelShooter
07-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Pffffffft!!!!

Livinginthe past
07-07-2006, 02:04 AM
When you hear the powerful rhetoric of the men in charge of the US and its army - the type of rhetoric that sends young American men into danger hundreds of miles away - you can swept up into a nationalistic fervour - all for one and one for all.

The fact that America would do anything less than 100% to find Osama, arguably, puts the troops currently stationed out in Afghanistan in even more danger.

I understand the point about cutting the head from the Hydra, and how there is a ready made replacement just waiting to step into Osama's position.

But for the US to admit defeat on this one will be seized upon as a victory by their enemies.

I dont know if anyone has read about this, but the situation is looking about ready to get out of hand in Afghanistan again - the war lords are as powerful as ever, the Taliban are enjoying a resurgence and there is a huge crop of heroin producing poppies about to be harvested.

NM

CowherLover
07-07-2006, 06:31 AM
I was going to start a thread and ask other SF members to voice their opinion on the "hang-up" with Osama.
Since this one is already started let's see why anyone might think that people in the USA might feel to need to hunt this scuzzy bastard to the end of the earth.
Or prove to us that he's dead, it's simple.

ARKIESTEEL
07-07-2006, 06:37 AM
Hmmmm this seems like an easy thing to answer. The guy was part of the whole 9-11 thing so yes he needs die. Or we need to prove that he is dead, all the folks that lost loved ones due to this might get so bit of comfort in the fact that this waste of air is no longer alive.

Just my thoughts

sixstringlass
07-07-2006, 06:38 AM
or not....

The Central Intelligence Agency has closed a unit that for a decade had the mission of hunting Osama bin Laden and his top lieutenants, intelligence officials confirmed Monday.

The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the C.I.A. Counterterrorist Center, the officials said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/04/washington/04intel.html?ex=1309665600&en=3779ed9b98bb9d22&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

Yanno... it makes me wonder just how secret some of this stuff is if the NYT is reporting on it. And if the NYT is reporting on it, who else knows about it? No wonder they've never caught anybody. :dang:

HometownGal
07-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Yanno... it makes me wonder just how secret some of this stuff is if the NYT is reporting on it. And if the NYT is reporting on it, who else knows about it? No wonder they've never caught anybody. :dang:

Did anyone ever think that possibly - there may be a little "reverse psychology" being played here? We all know that every terrorist out there keeps tabs on what the U.S. is doing through the media, etc. Could it be possible that the U.S. closed this branch to make it appear as though we aren't going to be as "active" in our desire to hunt Osama down? If that twisted turban thinks that we are backing off a bit, he just might slip up at some point, throw caution to the wind and be found slithering out of a hole somewhere and killed via a tip from a tattletale who wants that big reward, just like Zarqawi was.

Personally, I think when they nab him, his head should be mounted like a deer and hung on the Oval Office wall.

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Do you honestly believe that they have just stopped looking for him..:rolleyes: , if so I have some beach front property in Oklahoma just P.M. me ,I'll give you a really good deal!!
BTW ... that head mounting thing was such a bad idea. :bouncy:

HometownGal
07-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Do you honestly believe that they have just stopped looking for him..:rolleyes: , if so I have some beach front property in Oklahoma just P.M. me ,I'll give you a really good deal!!
BTW ... that head mounting thing was such a bad idea. :bouncy:

I for one do not believe that the U.S. has stopped searching for Osama and the article pretty much states that. I just think that it is possible the U.S. wants Osama to believe that they aren't looking "quite as hard" as they were so they can catch him when he slips up or someone rats him out, as was the case with Zarqawi. Zarqawi is saving that hot seat right next to him in hell for Osama - count on it.

I love the head mounting idea, though I do realize it is a total waste of a good piece of wood. GWB can put a little shelf under it with a bottle of Bacos and a bag of pork rinds on it to honor the dearly departed douchebag.