PDA

View Full Version : AAAArrrrrggghhhhh

stlrtruck
07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Well I received some bad news today. My ticket request from the waiting list for the Home Opener vs. Miami didn't go through and they're sold out for the regular season so now I don't get to make my trip to Da 'Burgh this year!!!!!

ARKIESTEEL
07-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Sorry man cute kid I got one of them outfits for my little girl too

HometownGal
07-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Where do you live, stlrtruck? I'm working on getting a bus trip together on another board for the Steelers v. Rats game on November 26th in Baltimoronville. If you can get here to the Burgh, you are more than welcome to come along! :smile: Don't have all of the details squared away just yet, but we're looking at making a weekend out of it. It's going to be a blast with all of us wearing our black and gold cheering on our Steelers in those UGLY purple seats. Blech.

nicesteel4life
07-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Where do you live, stlrtruck? I'm working on getting a bus trip together on another board for the Steelers v. Rats game on November 26th in Baltimoronville. If you can get here to the Burgh, you are more than welcome to come along! :smile: Don't have all of the details squared away just yet, but we're looking at making a weekend out of it. It's going to be a blast with all of us wearing our black and gold cheering on our Steelers in those UGLY purple seats. Blech.

Let Me KNOW.....PLEASEEEEEEEE I wanna GO!

HometownGal
07-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Let Me KNOW.....PLEASEEEEEEEE I wanna GO!

You betcha! Anyone else who is interested in going, please let me know. We're looking at staying Saturday and Sunday nights (or Friday and Saturday - whichever combo works out best for everyone) at The Days Inn Inner Harbor which offers a great accommodation deal. Should be a blast! :bouncy:

floodcitygirl
07-06-2006, 11:52 AM
Several of us from Cincy are planning a trip to the Burgh for the Sept. 24 game against the Bengals. We haven't been able to get tickets either but we're going anyway. Even if we just end up tailgating and then watching the game together at a pub, it'll be a good time! :smile:

HburgXL06
07-06-2006, 11:56 AM
You betcha! Anyone else who is interested in going, please let me know. We're looking at staying Saturday and Sunday nights (or Friday and Saturday - whichever combo works out best for everyone) at The Days Inn Inner Harbor which offers a great accommodation deal. Should be a blast! :bouncy:

By then I'll be in Newark, DE so Bmore is only a lil over an hour away. If I have a car or a person to drive I'll see what I can arrange about comin down to chill and watch the game!

BuFu

HometownGal
07-06-2006, 12:09 PM
By then I'll be in Newark, DE so Bmore is only a lil over an hour away. If I have a car or a person to drive I'll see what I can arrange about comin down to chill and watch the game!

BuFu

Sounds like a plan to me! :smile:

stlrtruck
07-06-2006, 12:22 PM

I live in Tampa, FL. My parents live 45 mins outside B-more and unfortunately my dad is a raisins fan. That trip may be possible but I'm looking into possibly going to the Monday nighter in J-ville too. I called the jaguars ticket office and their individual game sales don't happen until late August! :dang:

floodcitygirl
07-06-2006, 12:45 PM
I know that some of us are staying at the Springhill Suites - North Shore - somebody recommended it to us. Is it a good place? We're supposed to meet up with Slrs4life's tailgate and then if we don't get tickets, we're taking suggestions for where to watch the game! :smile:

floodcitygirl
07-06-2006, 12:47 PM
BTW Stlrtuck, that is one BEAUTIFUL Steeler Babe in the pic!!! :cool:

stlrtruck
07-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks. Her mother wasn't much of a football fan when we met and in 2004 that started to change and then in 2005, when the baby came along, my wife knew that she really didn't have an option as to how she would be dressed during the season. But hey, at least she gets 5 months a year to put her in something other than the BnG!

floodcitygirl
07-07-2006, 03:13 PM
I know that some of us are staying at the Springhill Suites - North Shore - somebody recommended it to us. Is it a good place? We're supposed to meet up with Slrs4life's tailgate and then if we don't get tickets, we're taking suggestions for where to watch the game! :smile:Well, I'll ask again....any info on that hotel? Suggestions on where we can watch the game if we can't get tickets? Anyone from here planning to go? Thanks!

clevestinks
07-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Well I received some bad news today. My ticket request from the waiting list for the Home Opener vs. Miami didn't go through and they're sold out for the regular season so now I don't get to make my trip to Da 'Burgh this year!!!!!
Sorry, maybe next season

stlrtruck
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, I'll ask again....any info on that hotel? Suggestions on where we can watch the game if we can't get tickets? Anyone from here planning to go? Thanks!

If you can't get into the game, go to the Purple Goose on Washington St (it's only a few blocks from the stadium (I would suggest a taxi). It's also a Steelers fan club (Pittsburgh Steeler Fan Club of Baltimore).

floodcitygirl
07-07-2006, 10:20 PM
If you can't get into the game, go to the Purple Goose on Washington St (it's only a few blocks from the stadium (I would suggest a taxi). It's also a Steelers fan club (Pittsburgh Steeler Fan Club of Baltimore).Thanks! We'll keep it in mind!:smile:

stlrtruck
07-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Thanks! We'll keep it in mind!:smile:

If you give them a call, or check out the Fan Club Website, they may have a tailgate party there that day of the game. I know they've done a few throughout the season in years past.

Ambridge
07-09-2006, 05:15 PM
I know that some of us are staying at the Springhill Suites - North Shore - somebody recommended it to us. Is it a good place? We're supposed to meet up with Slrs4life's tailgate and then if we don't get tickets, we're taking suggestions for where to watch the game! :smile:

I stayed at the Springhill Suites-North Shore twice last year and I should have learned my lesson on the first stay.
Poor Parking-Their hotel lot fills up fast so they will put the burden on you and make park in the North Shore parking garage which is a short distance away but still a pain in the ass if you've been traveling all day.
Dirty Rooms-Both times when my wife and I got there the bathrooms were dirty(Hairs in the sink and on the counter top) and there were no towels as well.
The second time we stayed there the cleaning lady showed up at 5:30pm wanting to know if she could clean the room.

For roughly the same room rate I would stay at the Pittsburgh Hilton. It's a little further of a walk but it's well worth it. I've stayed there several times and never had one problem with any of their services that they offer and an added bonus is that the Steelers stay at the Hilton the night before the game and there's a nice crowd of fans that show up in the lobby in the early evening trying to see players and get autographs.

floodcitygirl
07-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Wow! Thanks alot for the info...the parking thing isn't soo bad....but dirty rooms?!.....I'll pass on the info for sure.

Steel Pit
07-10-2006, 12:46 AM
I suggest that a klan of us get together and go to the Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati game. The Bengals will be well out of contention by week 17 so tickets should be pretty reasonable.:bouncy: