PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon in Honolulu

Cape Cod Steel Head
07-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Leaving for Hawaii next Sun. for two weeks. Anybody have any must see or dos while staying there (besides the obvious)?

Stlrs4Life
07-06-2006, 04:31 PM
Never been there, but congrats and have a good time. Only thing told to me was that alot of stuff there was expensive.

melroseplace
07-06-2006, 06:49 PM
congrats on getting married! I've never been to Hawaii but I'd love to go someday..

CantStop85
07-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Congratulations on the trip to Hawaii...my condolences on the marriage. :blurp: Have a good time while you're there, my advice is to just enjoy the surroundings.

3 to be 4
07-06-2006, 07:16 PM
congratulations!! where in Hawaii? ive been lucky enough to go a couple of times. if you like big,touristy, and gawdy, Waikiki has got it all. Maui is beautiful. But whatever you do watch out you dont pick up any idols on the beach. You might have a terrible surfing accident or have a giant spider crawl on you while you are asleep. and avoid any large families with 6 kids and a housekeeper

tony hipchest
07-06-2006, 07:17 PM
dont walk barefoot on volcanic rock.

sorry that was a "dont" not a "do"

i think haiku dirtt, and mammaduck are our resident fans from the islands. i bet they would have some great ideas. enjoy!

3 to be 4
07-06-2006, 07:19 PM
dont walk barefoot on volcanic rock.

i say you do, or else the terrorists win!

Cape Cod Steel Head
07-06-2006, 07:25 PM
congratulations!! where in Hawaii? ive been lucky enough to go a couple of times. if you like big,touristy, and gawdy, Waikiki has got it all. Maui is beautiful. But whatever you do watch out you dont pick up any idols on the beach. You might have a terrible surfing accident or have a giant spider crawl on you while you are asleep. and avoid any large families with 6 kids and a housekeeperStaying at the Royal Hawaiian in Waikiki, but plan on going to at least one other island.

3 to be 4
07-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Staying at the Royal Hawaiian in Waikiki, but plan on going to at least one other island.

ah cool, the pink one?? that place is beautiful. good for you!!! enjoy yourself.

Lyn
07-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Staying at the Royal Hawaiian in Waikiki, but plan on going to at least one other island.

I would suggest Maui as the other island...enjoy yourselves! I will be envying you :)

Stlrs4Life
07-06-2006, 07:43 PM

Try to go and see the USS Arizona, wherever Pearl Harbor was at.

Cape Cod Steel Head
07-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Try to go and see the USS Arizona, wherever Pearl Harbor was at.As a history teacher thats one of the first things on plan on doing, in fact I've already made reservations.

Stlrs4Life
07-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Very cool, would love to see some pics.

floodcitygirl
07-07-2006, 11:17 AM
It's been a while since I was there but I really enjoyed Maui - very beautiful - can be touristy. If you go there, make sure to do the sunrise at Mt. Haleakala - definately worth the early AM. I loved Kauai too. It was (at the time) a little more remote, natural beauty. I would definately plan to see the fern grottos there - amazing!

Hope it helps. Congrats and have a spectacular time! :smile:

section514
07-07-2006, 12:00 PM
take your terrible towel and get pitcures and post em on my video thread and ill toss em in the video.....get a picture with the wedding party all holding terrible towels!

Cape Cod Steel Head
07-07-2006, 05:35 PM
It's been a while since I was there but I really enjoyed Maui - very beautiful - can be touristy. If you go there, make sure to do the sunrise at Mt. Haleakala - definately worth the early AM. I loved Kauai too. It was (at the time) a little more remote, natural beauty. I would definately plan to see the fern grottos there - amazing!

Hope it helps. Congrats and have a spectacular time! :smile:Thanks. Yea ,(Kauai) I think thats the one other island we're goinging to go to.

Cape Cod Steel Head
07-07-2006, 05:37 PM
take your terrible towel and get pitcures and post em on my video thread and ill toss em in the video.....get a picture with the wedding party all holding terrible towels!Not sure that I know how to do that, but trust assured that the Towel will be taking the trip!

SteelShooter
07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Leaving for Hawaii next Sun. for two weeks. Anybody have any must see or dos while staying there (besides the obvious)?

Bro! The Arizona is a must! Waikiki is ok...but I enjoyed the outer areas of Oahu. The Arizona is right up the 1 from Waikiki/Honolulu, just follow the signs.

Ok, places to go....

Shark's Cove (towards North Shore) has some OUTSTANDING snorkeling/diving opportunities. You can see and touch wild Sea Turtles and wonderfully colored fish. You can rent snorkeling gear right across the road. Most of the snorkeling along the southern shore, that I have noticed, is not as colorful because of overcrowding, too many people handling/killing the wildlife and coral, etc...
After Shark's Cove, head a little further and check out Waimea (sp?). You can walk the beach that countless movies have been filmed on, including Blue Crush.
The Dole Plantation can be interesting. They have, what is claimed to be, the World's Largest Shrubbery Maze. And they make it into a game by giving you a small form to run around and find hidden stencils to shade onto your form. It was actually kind-of cool. You can also take the tour....and the pineapple sundays are Great after working up a sweat in the maze!
Make sure you climb DiamondHead! It is only a 15 minute hike to the top where you can view old WW II Look-out Posts/Bunkers. And the view from the top....wow! Desert-like view inland and the view over the water is awe-inspiring!

Of course, there are all of the luau's. If you want a better ****tail though, walk yourself to the bar and over tip the bartender.

As for the other islands, others can probably give you even better advice. But I think Maui is great....and can be very romantic (honeymoon right?). And if you wish to view the volcano...the Big Island (Hawaii itself) is the place to go!

I'm looking at going to Kuai my next trip....just because I haven't been there yet. :o)

Also, unless you have already reserved a car, or it is included in your package, go with Alamo while on Oahu. They typically tend to be the cheapest...and I have not been a single time without receiving an upgrade. Go for the convertible if you get the chance.....island air in your hair is good for the soul Bro!

Cape Cod Steel Head
07-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Bro! The Arizona is a must! Waikiki is ok...but I enjoyed the outer areas of Oahu. The Arizona is right up the 1 from Waikiki/Honolulu, just follow the signs.

Ok, places to go....

Shark's Cove (towards North Shore) has some OUTSTANDING snorkeling/diving opportunities. You can see and touch wild Sea Turtles and wonderfully colored fish. You can rent snorkeling gear right across the road. Most of the snorkeling along the southern shore, that I have noticed, is not as colorful because of overcrowding, too many people handling/killing the wildlife and coral, etc...
After Shark's Cove, head a little further and check out Waimea (sp?). You can walk the beach that countless movies have been filmed on, including Blue Crush.
The Dole Plantation can be interesting. They have, what is claimed to be, the World's Largest Shrubbery Maze. And they make it into a game by giving you a small form to run around and find hidden stencils to shade onto your form. It was actually kind-of cool. You can also take the tour....and the pineapple sundays are Great after working up a sweat in the maze!
Make sure you climb DiamondHead! It is only a 15 minute hike to the top where you can view old WW II Look-out Posts/Bunkers. And the view from the top....wow! Desert-like view inland and the view over the water is awe-inspiring!

Of course, there are all of the luau's. If you want a better ****tail though, walk yourself to the bar and over tip the bartender.

As for the other islands, others can probably give you even better advice. But I think Maui is great....and can be very romantic (honeymoon right?). And if you wish to view the volcano...the Big Island (Hawaii itself) is the place to go!

I'm looking at going to Kuai my next trip....just because I haven't been there yet. :o)

Also, unless you have already reserved a car, or it is included in your package, go with Alamo while on Oahu. They typically tend to be the cheapest...and I have not been a single time without receiving an upgrade. Go for the convertible if you get the chance.....island air in your hair is good for the soul Bro!Much Thanks!

SteelShooter
07-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Absolutely my pleasure!

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Don`t forget to get laid!:sofunny:

BlackNGold203
07-08-2006, 11:10 AM
Don`t forget to get laid!:sofunny:

*shakes head*....it's lei-ed!!!

oh..wait...laid...YEAH...that too!!!

Prosdo
07-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Congrats and have a great time!