PDA

View Full Version : Wallace GONE! Pistons WILL BE A Contender Without Him!

Lyn
07-07-2006, 07:04 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2508742

BlackNGold203
07-07-2006, 07:22 AM
Wow Lyn...I dont follow the NBA much...just March madness...but this guy was a BEAST for Detroit...ya gotta think thats gonna hurt that team....

Lyn
07-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Ben Wallace is a terrific ball player, I did not mean to come across as mimimizing his abilities at all. There is a ton of talent out there and Joe will do what is right! Sometimes teams play better as a team without a "beast" :)

SteelerFanInCA
07-07-2006, 05:43 PM
That's crazy. That's going to hurt the Pistons quite a bit. Bulls?

Lyn
07-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Nawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ww:)

CantStop85
07-07-2006, 08:10 PM
They'll be alright without Ben Wallace...think of them as this year's Phoenix Suns without Amare Stoudemire. Nazr Mohammed will be a serviceable starter in that system...all he has to do is play defense, anything he gets on offense will be gravy. They still have Tayshaun, Billups, Rip, and Rasheed to do the scoring. Besides, you can't go wrong with 2 Kentucky players in your starting lineup.

Koopa
07-07-2006, 08:13 PM
oh they'll be contenders but for 8th or 7th seed. the pistons lost their heart and soul and added a dude that pump fakes 20 million times in a row under the basket when no one is around him. they added a dude that has no hands what so ever. they added a dude that is out of shape the first month of each season cause he is fasting and can't keep his wieght up early. a guy that is usually late helping on D.

the reason teh pistons played such good d is because of wallace, they followed his lead. and now y'all don't have no one to keep sheed in check. and now y'all don't have no one to cover for rip when he is getting burned on D.

They'll be alright without Ben Wallace...think of them as this year's Phoenix Suns without Amare Stoudemire. Nazr Mohammed will be a serviceable starter in that system...all he has to do is play defense, anything he gets on offense will be gravy. They still have Tayshaun, Billups, Rip, and Rasheed to do the scoring. Besides, you can't go wrong with 2 Kentucky players in your starting lineup.

narz play defense??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tony hipchest
07-07-2006, 08:23 PM
gotta agree. nazr is a stopgap and the pistons loosing ben is equivalent to the steelers playing without porter without anyone there to back him up.

Steel12
07-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Ben Wallace is a terrific ball player, I did not mean to come across as mimimizing his abilities at all. There is a ton of talent out there and Joe will do what is right! Sometimes teams play better as a team without a "beast" :)

Nazr Mohammed will score more points but the anchor of that D he is not. Ben Wallace made up for his teammates mistakes on D by guarding the lane. They will miss that but they won't miss that HORRIBLE FT Shooting...

Lyn
07-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Any player on any team in any sport is irreplaceable.

Wallace is a turncoat like ARE is a turncoat.............follow the money! Joe Dumars knows what the Pistons need and he will get it. He offered BW 48 mil (I think) Wallace turned him down and Dumars did not attempt to raise the anty, so in Joe's eyes, he must think he can find something of the same quality at a reasonable rate. Wherever BW went, they paid way too much for him. Anyone who watched the playoffs knows that da Prince was the workhorse in on most every play, whereas BW played like crap.

Da Prince is in Da Palace!~

Steel12
07-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Any player on any team in any sport is irreplaceable.

Wallace is a turncoat like ARE is a turncoat.............follow the money! Joe Dumars knows what the Pistons need and he will get it. He offered BW 48 mil (I think) Wallace turned him down and Dumars did not attempt to raise the anty, so in Joe's eyes, he must think he can find something of the same quality at a reasonable rate. Wherever BW went, they paid way too much for him. Anyone who watched the playoffs knows that da Prince was the workhorse in on most every play, whereas BW played like crap.

Da Prince is in Da Palace!~

Ben Wallace plays like he played in the playoffs, all year long though. He doesn't score, he plays defense and gets boards. That's his role. I have no idea what made CHI offer him that much because they were the best defensive team in the NBA last year.

Lyn
07-07-2006, 10:15 PM
Ben Wallace plays like he played in the playoffs, all year long though. He doesn't score, he plays defense and gets boards. That's his role. I have no idea what made CHI offer him that much because they were the best defensive team in the NBA last year.

that is interesting, sounds to me like they have more money than brains. :)

Koopa
07-08-2006, 12:03 AM
y'all are missing the big picture though, what wallace does doesn't show up in the boxscores. wallace will hugely be missed, nazr may score 15 points but he's gonna get scored on and allow more. like tony said it would be like us losing porter. it will be a big hit even if it doesn't show. now rip don't have no one to save his ass when he can't defend, no one is gonna fear driving to the basket anymore cause narz doesn't block shots. and wallace did not pull a ARE he left cause the pistons front office is retarded and didn't fire flip. wallace would've stayed if flip didn't return. also you can't replace a what four time defensive player of the year. nazr can't stay with quick ppl, wallace can. it's over for the pistons, if you want to lie to yourself and say it's gonna be ok well go ahead and do that. lol

CantStop85
07-08-2006, 12:34 AM
They'll miss Ben Wallace sure, but they'll still be one of the best teams in the East. Nazr Mohammed is only a stop-gap but he can give them a little more of a scoring option...it's obvious that the Pistons will end up running a center-by-committee...they can rotate in Kelvin Cato and Dale Davis (not to mention McDyess when they're playing small ball). The Mavericks basically did the same thing this year with Diop, Dampier, and Mbenga and they found their way to the finals. None of those guys were exactly all-stars either.

I think you'll see Tayshaun Prince develop into a premier player in the league starting next season. I don't see the Pistons dropping off that much next season. They won't win the NBA championship, but they'll still be one of the better teams in the East.

Lyn
07-08-2006, 12:43 AM
I have an idea rather than arguing about whether Detriot will carry the East again or not, how about we let them play and find out. I am not above saying, "Hey I was really wrong!" Are you? Didn't think so, see you next season and the Pistons WILL be head of the East! :)

Koopa
07-08-2006, 12:58 AM
i won't be wrong so go ahead and admitt it right now lol j/p. just as long as y'all don't try any fancy passing, or throw to hard, narz just might be able to hold onto the ball to score. nazr brings no leadership. and now y'all have no one to be that real leader, and no one to hold sheed from being a retard with the refs

Lyn
07-08-2006, 01:24 AM
Wanna put your money where your mouth is? LOL :blah:

Lyn
07-08-2006, 01:29 AM
On a more serious note, me thinks Ben left because of Flip Sanders, at least he helped Ben make that decision. I am basing this on Flip's complete interest in OFFENSE and Ben is a Defensive guy. Of course the 68 million or whatever he got did most certainly sway him, also. Can't really be mad at Wallace for taking the money, I would have done the same. NOT!

Koopa
07-08-2006, 01:37 AM
shit i would've, gotta feed my family lol (damn what ever happened to sprewell??)....and how would you pay me my money from the bet?? lol

Lyn
07-08-2006, 03:19 AM
shit i would've, gotta feed my family lol (damn what ever happened to sprewell??)....and how would you pay me my money from the bet?? lol

Feed your family? I thought you were a college kid? I suppose millions are both though:)

Gererally, I do not pay bets because I don't lose them. But to play with you........:rolleyes:

I would pay you through paypal, a better question..........how would YOU PAY ME LOL:)

maybe we should take this off site how about PMing me?

Koopa
07-08-2006, 03:45 AM
Feed your family? I thought you were a college kid? I suppose millions are both though:)

Gererally, I do not pay bets because I don't lose them. But to play with you........:rolleyes:

I would pay you through paypal, a better question..........how would YOU PAY ME LOL:)

maybe we should take this off site how about PMing me?

lol, the feed my family was if i was a ball player, and i was saying what sprewell said when he wanted a bigger contract (which he never got and is still at home with starving children i guess lol).........how bout you pm me the detials of a bet........i have paypal too so you can send me the money there lol