PDA

View Full Version : Alright, AFC fans. What's your feelings on Manning?

PATS16N0
01-29-2012, 02:19 AM
My thoughts:

I find it incredibly ironic that at the same time that Indianapolis is kicking Manning out like yesterday's garbage, Tom Brady is headed to Indianapolis for his 5th Superbowl in what might be his coronation as the "Greatest Quarterback in the History of the NFL."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/attachments/new-members-area/4136d1327701725-colts-have-left-building-imag0086-2-.jpg

I even hear Brady will be using Peyton's locker. lol.

I couldn't have written a better script to end the Brady-Patriots / Manning-Colts rivalry if I tried. Colts fans must really be losing it. :)

And so ends the Patriots / Colts rivalry of the Brady and Manning era...
... with New England's complete and utter victory.

Love it.

I know the politically correct thing to say as a football fan right now is probably "boo-hoo, we'll miss you so much, Manning. Thanks for all the memories, blah, blah, blah."

I don't like Peyton Manning. I liked him in college. I liked him his first year or so in the NFL. After that he just became a rival - one I liked less and less as the years went on. I think of him as a selfish cry baby who i've seen pout on the sidelines one hundred times too many to respect him as a great leader of a rival football team.
I think he's just a pissy little bitch.

I've read that he never allowed his back up to ever take a single snap in practice. I've seen him throw an absolute hissy fit on the sideline after an 80 or so yard Indy run for a TD because Princess Manning wanted to throw the ball.

I've seen him get owned and owned and owned again by the New England Patriots only to listen to hack sports journalists make excuses for him - the once golden boy of the NFL who never could pull off what they wanted him to. The little quarterback who couldn't.

And so called "greatest" during the Patriots dynasty years who had A-grade receivers all around him and couldn't win $&#%. Now Tom Brady shatters him in stats, despite starting in the NFL 3 full seasons later and playing in the wind and snow and frigid air of an open New England stadium, not a stat padding dome.

As far as i'm concerned Manning is in the Dan Marino category (with a crappier attitude) only worse because he had better players around him.

I don't know where Manning is going to go if he doesn't retire. If he's smart he'll steer clear of the AFC East. In fact. If he's smart he'll steer clear of the AFC. In fact, if he's smart, he'll just retire.

So what's my opinion on the Peyton Manning situation?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGz_sFE8dcvW0ZNhPkzImeJXlOQ1r_z SgY-VqynT26zEc9-rJJSQ

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdXJCnyGh1KtOzsLnXXgxtTVDzNXy3r lGQvd63LC6R0JwaErNs

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

PATS16N0
01-29-2012, 02:25 AM
So what's the general sentiments on this Manning story from behind the Iron Curtain?

steeltheone
01-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Brady needs to win this game to put the spygate crap behind him.

Sneak
01-29-2012, 08:04 AM
IMO - the spygate stuff isnt really relevant. Its about as fair to keep bringing that up as all the idiots who keep calling the Steelers "dirty" for playing physical.

I consider it all to be envy of a good team, and (along with the Steelers) the dominant team in the AFC this decade.

All that aside, I dont care much for the Patriots. Or I should say; I dont care much for the people who cheer the Patriots, fine if your from Boston or whatever - but in my parts (my parts being Sweden), you see alot of people liking the Pats for no other reason than that they win.

As far as the Colts go.. Seems to me that the "rivalry" between the Colts and the Pats is nothing apart from so much hot air from the media. You've got two good teams, two great QB's - easy to market the "rivalry" I suppose. The SB is about two teams, the Colts isnt one of them :) And I seriously dont think Manning cares if Brady uses his locker.

And dont be too quick to assume another SB win for the Pats.. I seem to recall the Pats printing up quite a few copies of a book entitled something like "The New England Patrions Perfect Season" a couple of years ago... How did that work out for ya? ;)

MasterOfPuppets
01-29-2012, 11:30 AM
IMO - the spygate stuff isnt really relevant.)
to say the video taping / cheating is irrelevant is the same as saying that it had nothing to do with winning. now that brings up another question. if the video's weren't giving the cheats an upper hand, then WHY WERE THEY DOING IT ??? :doh:

Sneak
01-29-2012, 11:59 AM
My point is that it isnt relevant today. Its old news, over and done with - in the context of Brady having to win this SB to get "over" spygate, I'd say it isnt relevant.

They got found out, and they were punished for it. Perhaps not as severely as I'd like to have seen - but still, its a done deal. And has absolutely nothing to do with this SB, or Payton Mannings "rivalry" with Brady.

stb_steeler
01-29-2012, 12:35 PM
My thoughts:

I find it incredibly ironic that at the same time that Indianapolis is kicking Manning out like yesterday's garbage, Tom Brady is headed to Indianapolis for his 5th Superbowl in what might be his coronation as the "Greatest Quarterback in the History of the NFL."

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/attachments/new-members-area/4136d1327701725-colts-have-left-building-imag0086-2-.jpg

I even hear Brady will be using Peyton's locker. lol.

I couldn't have written a better script to end the Brady-Patriots / Manning-Colts rivalry if I tried. Colts fans must really be losing it. :)

And so ends the Patriots / Colts rivalry of the Brady and Manning era...
... with New England's complete and utter victory.

Love it.

I know the politically correct thing to say as a football fan right now is probably "boo-hoo, we'll miss you so much, Manning. Thanks for all the memories, blah, blah, blah."

I don't like Peyton Manning. I liked him in college. I liked him his first year or so in the NFL. After that he just became a rival - one I liked less and less as the years went on. I think of him as a selfish cry baby who i've seen pout on the sidelines one hundred times too many to respect him as a great leader of a rival football team.

I've read that he never allowed his back up to ever take a single snap in practice. I've seen him throw an absolute hissy fit on the sideline after an 80 or so yard Indy run for a TD because Princess Manning wanted to throw the ball.

I've seen him get owned and owned and owned again by the New England Patriots only to listen to hack sports journalists make excuses for him - the once golden boy of the NFL who never could pull off what they wanted him to. The little quarterback who couldn't.

And so called "greatest" during the Patriots dynasty years who had A-grade receivers all around him and couldn't win $&#%. Now Tom Brady shatters him in stats, despite starting in the NFL 3 full seasons later and playing in the wind and snow and frigid air of an open New England stadium, not a stat padding dome.

As far as i'm concerned Manning is in the Dan Marino category (with a crappier attitude) only worse because he had better players around him.

I don't know where Manning is going to go if he doesn't retire. If he's smart he'll steer clear of the AFC East. In fact. If he's smart he'll steer clear of the AFC. In fact, if he's smart, he'll just retire.

So what's my opinion on the Peyton Manning situation?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGz_sFE8dcvW0ZNhPkzImeJXlOQ1r_z SgY-VqynT26zEc9-rJJSQ

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRdXJCnyGh1KtOzsLnXXgxtTVDzNXy3r lGQvd63LC6R0JwaErNs

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Thats funny u call manning a cry baby....Oh and like Brady doesnt do the same thing, OK!.
There isnt a single team that wouldnt love to have Manning as their QB before he got an injury.....Give me a break!:doh:

PATS16N0
01-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Spygate was an over hyped media creation that turned team scouting into a frenzy of cheating allegations for ratings and a sensationalized news story unjustifiabley. Nobody harps on this like Steelers fans. I don't know what your local media did to you people but you're obsessed. Games had to be won or lost on the field. Every team spied on one another. Get over it already.

What does this have to do with Manning?

tony hipchest
01-29-2012, 02:00 PM
i find it incredibly ironic that if tom loses the game next weekend eli manning > tom brady. :rofl: if that wont burn a hole in patfans panties, i dont know what will.

head to head 2-0 :laughing:

there couldnt be too many endings to peytons unfortunate (and possible career ending) demise.

FWIW I hope brady goes out just like peyton and soon. that would be poetic justice. maybe brady will be " lucky" enough to use peytons locker midway through the 1st quarter. :sofunny:

roger goodell licks his nuts and has enabled him to pu$$ify the sport.

those are my thoughts (and many if not most fans who think the sport is going soft and metro).

BTW, i heard a pretty neat stat. only 2 qb's have beaten brady 3 times in a row. peyton was one, and now eli can become the third.

ouch. i dont think patfans can take their qb being owned like that.

PATS16N0
01-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Don't blame Brady or the Patriots for what's happening to the NFL.
I'm on your side; I don't want to see the Steelers cut off at the knees. I don't want to play a neutered Steeler team. I want to see the precision New England style of football pitted against the hard hitting grid iron Steelers style every time.

My good friend here is a Steelers fan (he's bold enough to show up at my house on sunday in a Steeler jersey). I've heard all the complaints. The Steelers are getting screwed.

But that isn't Tom Brady or the Patriots doing. Blame the NFL. They want longer seasons and a weaker game.

If anything I blame the locker room bounty cultures of teams like the Ravens for what's happening. I don't blame the NFL for wanting to protect its big money players from the malicious intentions of players like Pollard and Lewis.

And people keep saying Brady is a wuss that asks for flags but that isn't true. I don't even remember the last time he's gotten a roughing the passer call and he NEVER gets PI's even when his receivers get mauled.

That ONE play against the Ravens he flipped and wanted a flag but I can understand his anger over that play as it looks pretty obvious that Suggs was going for his injured knee which is not the way to play football.

Don't blame the Patriots. Blame the Ravens.

Lady Steel
01-29-2012, 04:29 PM

I think you're obnoxious. :chuckle:

Spygate was an over hyped media creation that turned team scouting into a frenzy of cheating allegations for ratings and a sensationalized news story unjustifiabley. Nobody harps on this like Steelers fans. I don't know what your local media did to you people but you're obsessed. Games had to be won or lost on the field. Every team spied on one another. Get over it already.

I guess we will never know. If Goodell wouldn't have destroyed the Spygate tapes so quickly and let all NFL fans see them, then maybe we would know, but that didn't happen. Where there's smoke, there's fire. Steelers fans have every right to harp on it. Your team's cheating ways potentially cost us both regular season and AFCCG victories, and perhaps yet another Super Bowl Championship. You got six? No, so go lay down.

harrison'samonster
01-29-2012, 04:35 PM
just think, when Manning beats Brady in a second Super bowl he will go down as better than Brady. No question about it. Ten years from now, nobody will remember spygate or any kind of rivalry between Peyton and Brady. All people are going to remember is that Eli beat Brady in two Superbowls.

PATS16N0
01-29-2012, 04:36 PM
While it is my duty to hate the Steelers I do respect Steeler football. They're a staple of the AFC and I do respect them more than any other AFC team for their style, their consistency, their history, and the constant threat they pose to us in the post season.
Patriot / Steeler showdowns are big here, in many ways more so then Patriot / Jet games.

I'm a Pats homer so it can't go beyond that but I do think it's unfortunate that we've made you so insecure over the last decade that you're too hung up on a phony "Spygate" story for the feeling to be mutual.

We beat you in the AFC Championship game on punt returns and special team plays. Not from "stealing all your signals." Honestly, you guys need to get over it already!
We're not going anywhere. The Patriots are here to stay. We'll be here next year. We'll be here in ten years. We'll be here in twenty.

The Patriots have taken their place as a premier football organization in the NFL and that isn't going to change.

Where's the love?

PATS16N0
01-29-2012, 04:42 PM
just think, when Manning beats Brady in a second Super bowl he will go down as better than Brady. No question about it. Ten years from now, nobody will remember spygate or any kind of rivalry between Peyton and Brady. All people are going to remember is that Eli beat Brady in two Superbowls.

That's a real possibility that Eli could beat the Patriots again. I'm not as arrogant going into this Superbowl as I was in 2007.

We have a lot of holes in our team this year. More over, Gronk is a question mark now although I remain hopeful. The Patriots got into the Superbowl this year on sheer force of will, heart, and work ethic - not from having a top to bottom cast of all stars.

But if we do win, Brady becomes #1 of all time, with 5 appearances, 4 rings, possible 3 Superbowl MVP's, and with the potential to strengthen our secondary in the off season and hopefully acquire a new deep threat, he could go on to be the first quarterback to lead his team to not one but TWO football dynasties.

stb_steeler
01-29-2012, 06:03 PM
You really need to
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m267/CraigNeilson/Stuff/crack_pipe.jpg

4xSBChamps
01-29-2012, 06:31 PM

... followed by this comment...

But if we do win, Brady becomes #1 of all time, with 5 appearances, 4 rings, possible 3 Superbowl MVP's, and with the potential to strengthen our secondary in the off season and hopefully acquire a new deep threat, he could go on to be the first quarterback to lead his team to not one but TWO football dynasties.

what does Marcia winning the upcoming Super Bowl have to-do with Eli manning?

even-if the Cheatriots win this week, she'll still have 1-less League Championships than Bart Starr, 3-less than Otto Graham, and the exact same as Bradshaw or Montana

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/MonkeyDrinkingUrine.gif

PLEASE quit slurping Brady's groin-spigot 24/7

IowaSteeler927
01-30-2012, 05:33 AM
It's obvious Manning is the better quarterback. I always used to think Manning was nothing but a product of having great players around him but look at how well the Colts did this year without him. It just goes to show how good Manning really is that when they lose him they go from an annual playoff contender to a bottom dwellar in the AFC South and a warm up game for their opponents. I honestly think the guy could coach if he wanted to.

As for calling Manning a crybaby... that's pretty laughable, hilarious actually. Wasn't it Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat who scooted off the field without shaking hands to hide in the locker rooms after the Giants ended their "Perfect" season?

Fire Arians
01-30-2012, 12:39 PM
That's a real possibility that Eli could beat the Patriots again. I'm not as arrogant going into this Superbowl as I was in 2007.

We have a lot of holes in our team this year. More over, Gronk is a question mark now although I remain hopeful. The Patriots got into the Superbowl this year on sheer force of will, heart, and work ethic - not from having a top to bottom cast of all stars.

Giants have a good shot, I believe they are the better team overall. NE has no defense, that's why I can't go with them. Giants front 4 has always given brady fits, and I don't see how that's going to change. Gronk and Hernandez being banged up also really hurts. The giants team is healthy coming in on the other hand.

PATS16N0
01-30-2012, 04:09 PM
It's obvious Manning is the better quarterback. I always used to think Manning was nothing but a product of having great players around him but look at how well the Colts did this year without him. It just goes to show how good Manning really is that when they lose him they go from an annual playoff contender to a bottom dwellar in the AFC South and a warm up game for their opponents. I honestly think the guy could coach if he wanted to.

As for calling Manning a crybaby... that's pretty laughable, hilarious actually. Wasn't it Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat who scooted off the field without shaking hands to hide in the locker rooms after the Giants ended their "Perfect" season?

You can't say Manning is the greatest quarterback because a Colts team sucked when he wasn't around. The Colts sucked because their head coach sucked. Give them a decent, half way competent coaching staff and the Colts would of won a lot more games. The Colts record this season doesn't "go to show" me anything other than that that organization had zero offensive know how without Manning running the show,

Give Joe Blow control over the Steelers for a season without Big Ben and try to claim Big Ben is the greatest because they went 0-16.

Not a sound argument. We all know the Colts head coach sucked.

4xSBChamps
02-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Ms. Brady... Mr. Bradshaw has two words for you...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/TerryBradshaw-4.jpg

FOUR, beeyotch!!!

zcoop
02-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Ms. Brady... Mr. Bradshaw has two words for you...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/TerryBradshaw-4.jpg

FOUR, beeyotch!!!

We won't have to worry about comments from her fans for a while. She's done now :applaudit: :sofunny:

LambertWardSteel
02-05-2012, 10:17 PM
My thoughts:

Looks to me that Eli is 2-0 and Marcia is a little better than .500 Super Bowl QB. Bradshaw and Montana are alone at 4 wins.

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2012, 10:27 PM
But we all know the best QB drafted in 2004 was Phillip Rivers:chuckle:

stb_steeler
02-05-2012, 11:00 PM
wheres marcha now:applaudit:

TRH
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
But we all know the best QB drafted in 2004 was Phillip Rivers:chuckle:

Yeah...somewhere...tonight....Rivers sits home...AGAIN...watching the game on TV. I'm sick of hearing about him.

Roethlisberger. Manning. Brady. Brees. Those guys OWN it right now.

Sixburgher
02-05-2012, 11:13 PM

"Gomer" Manning OWNS YOU.

GMU Steeler
02-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah...somewhere...tonight....Rivers sits home...AGAIN...watching the game on TV. I'm sick of hearing about him.

Roethlisberger. Manning. Brady. Brees. Those guys OWN it right now.

Most overrated QB in the league along with Romo.

BigRick
02-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Plain and simple: Tom Brady is Eli Manning's BITCH!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 07:37 AM

Hmm. I guess that's why you haven't won a legitimate title since the accusations surfaced?

4xSBChamps
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
the first quarterback to lead his team to not one but TWO football dynasties.

... how's that whole '2nd-dynasty' thing workin' out for ya???

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/funny%20pictures/SquirrelDrinkingBeergif.gif

zcoop
02-06-2012, 09:34 PM
Damn, I can hear a pin drop. Where is the Brady Bunch?????????? :toofunny:

4xSBChamps
02-07-2012, 01:17 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/PATRIOTSHIRTS.jpg

PATS16N0
02-07-2012, 02:57 AM
I want to just swear at all of you right now but because i've already been banned at the Jets forum and the Colts forum and the Ravens forum i'm going to just not so I have someone to remind next year how superior our team is when we get a wide receiver and 2 corners and go 19-0.

Eli Manning is a lucky bitch. The Giants are trash. They lucked out on three fumbles and 2 lucky bounces on punts. That game was just as much a fluke as the first one in 07'.

I don't recognize the Giants as world champions.
It's not right. Something is going on. The game is rigged. I don't know. This isn't how it was supposed to happen.

It's just not right.

4xSBChamps
02-07-2012, 05:14 AM
I want to just swear at all of you right now but because i've already been banned at the Jets forum and the Colts forum and the Ravens forum i'm going to just not so I have someone to remind next year how superior our team is when we get a wide receiver and 2 corners and go 19-0.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Cheatriotfans.jpg

Eli Manning is a lucky bitch. The Giants are trash. They lucked out on three fumbles and 2 lucky bounces on punts. That game was just as much a fluke as the first one in 07'.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Cheatriot-cryinggif.gif

It's not right. Something is going on. The game is rigged. I don't know. This isn't how it was supposed to happen.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/CHEATIESbreakfastcereal.jpg

It's just not right.
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Cheatriotcrybaby.jpg

LambertWardSteel
02-07-2012, 05:42 AM

I don't recognize your 3 "world championships*" either. Win just 1 w/o cheating.

Sixburgher
02-07-2012, 07:40 AM

It's just not right.

"Gomer" Manning OWNS YOU.

GMU Steeler
02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah guys the Pats never got lucky once.

FanSince72
02-07-2012, 02:10 PM
Brady was late with almost all of his passes in the SB making it difficult if not impossible for them to be caught.

It's a good thing Yoko spoke up otherwise some ESPN dude might have actually pointed that out to the public.

Lady Steel
02-07-2012, 11:48 PM

So is Karma. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
02-08-2012, 01:19 AM
:toofunny:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/PATRIOTSHIRTS.jpg

4xSBChamps
02-08-2012, 01:28 PM
HOW CAN THIS BE???

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/EliManningSB46.jpg

stb_steeler
02-08-2012, 02:01 PM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii45/manningsfan1018/Gaytriots/l_02f99b043194b975d7793a48f59870e7.jpg

stb_steeler
02-08-2012, 03:03 PM
http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz240/stbsteeler/WelkerButterfingers_original.jpg

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Haha. Saw the article on that, hilarious.

Fire Arians
02-08-2012, 04:53 PM
new york just owns boston. nuff said

giants own the patriots just like the yankees own the red sux

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
new york just owns boston. nuff said

giants own the patriots just like the yankees own the red sux

Agreed.