PDA

View Full Version : Ben going golfing

Big D
07-07-2006, 04:10 PM
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/9544598
looks like bennys made a full recovery

SteelCityMan786
07-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Good to see that. Nice to see your recovery has gone well Big Ben. We'll see ya in Latrobe.

BlackNGold203
07-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Great to see him getting back to normal....21 days until camp...:bouncy: :bouncy:

83-Steelers-43
07-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Why no pictures of the guy?

nicesteel4life
07-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Exactly I think he really needs to speak to the FANS before he heads out to Nevada to Golf. I know it would put alot of us at peace, to know he is doing well. We know but we all prayed for him and I think he owes the fans before anybody else. Only if its a 5 minute, I am OK! Thanks for the Prayers and Thoughts...

BBC
07-07-2006, 04:44 PM
How exactly does this mean he's fully recovered? He didn't injure anything that would prevent him from golfing. If he was going boxing, then I'd say he fully recovered.

83-Steelers-43
07-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Exactly I think he really needs to speak to the FANS before he heads out to Nevada to Golf. I know it would put alot of us at peace, to know he is doing well. We know but we all prayed for him and I think he owes the fans before anybody else. Only if its a 5 minute, I am OK! Thanks for the Prayers and Thoughts...

No offense towards you at all, but I don't feel Ben owes me anything. He (along with the rest of the team) gave me everything I wanted and what I paid for this past February. I'm just amazed that there have not been any photographs taken of the guy since the accident. That's all.

clevestinks
07-07-2006, 04:46 PM
He recovery looks positive! I would rather him him make a news statement sooner rather than later, that way all the reporters won`t be bugging the crap out of him!

clevestinks
07-07-2006, 04:47 PM
No offense, but I disagree. I don't feel Ben owes me anything. He (along with the rest of the team) gave me everything I wanted this past February. I'm just amazed that there have not been any photographs taken of the guy since the accident. That's all.
I see your point, but I do agree that speaking to the fans before a huge golf outing , would take the pressure off him, the squeeze from the media would die down

83-Steelers-43
07-07-2006, 04:55 PM
His written statement was enough for me. Now I would just like to see him take it easy, heal up and get ready for camp. What he does in his personal time does not interest me at all. For those who feel he does owe you something, more power to you. I'm not stating you are in the wrong by any means. I just happen to feel that he doesn't owe me anything except what I pay for during those 10 weeks (if not more) out of the year. I'm probably in the minority, but oh well. It's definately not the first time...lol.

Atlanta Dan
07-07-2006, 05:01 PM
I agree Ben needs to have a three ring circus press conference before training camp to get out of the way all the issues relating to the wreck.

Assuming his face heals up enough that his appearance will not frighten small children, he can do an on camera apology and then respond to repeated questions which will consist of variations on: are you sorry; don't you agree you were stupid; how is the healing; and are you ready to get hit in the face again?

Once that is done, he can deflect all questions relating to the wreck at camp with responses such as "I've discussed that" and "It's time to talk about football now."

In an effort to avoid a complete circus atmosphere at camp that will focus on the wreck and constitute a dreaded "distraction" I bet we get such a press conference the week before training camp.

SteelerFanInCA
07-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Glad to hear Ben is up and about. That's all that really matters at this point.

tony hipchest
07-07-2006, 05:08 PM
im with 83-steelers 43. i can wait to hear what he has to say cause i already know what hes gonna say. he always says the right things, just like cowher. he'll sing the company line and then respectfully say he wants to put it behind hem and get back to winning football games.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Why no pictures of the guy?

The guy who did the face transplant surgery in France is stuck at customs. And Ben's no Paris Hilton.

klick81
07-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Good to hear he's recovering well. Would he be able to take a tackle by a caddie well though?

SteelerMurf
07-07-2006, 11:16 PM
If Ben can swing a driver, it is a good sign. If Ben can show his face there already, he must look just about as good as he will.

Steel12
07-07-2006, 11:32 PM
No offense towards you at all, but I don't feel Ben owes me anything. He (along with the rest of the team) gave me everything I wanted and what I paid for this past February. I'm just amazed that there have not been any photographs taken of the guy since the accident. That's all.

Exactly what I was gone say...

Lyn
07-07-2006, 11:32 PM
I would just like to hear him say anything to anyone at all. We have heard from him on a daily basis, read about him on a daily basis, <insert whatever works for you> and now nothing for way too long it does not feel right to me.

NV STEELERS 723
07-07-2006, 11:49 PM
I hope Ben beat me today... I had 5 birdies, but I shot 74.....my putter saved me even more than my score......I went 37-37...74

Ben will be fine...thats what we ALL care about.......

BUT I was thinking about beating Tommy Maddox at the next Nationwide Tour event....I bet I could.......