PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes Walks Away?

Atlanta Dan
07-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Surprise, surprise - the woman whom Santonio Holmes allegedly roughed up on Father's Day does not want to testify at his trial.

For over an hour, an assistant Columbus city attorney talked separately with Lashae Boone in a backroom, but Mr. Holmes' attorney, Sam Shemansky, said she steadfastly refuses to testify and wants the charge dismissed. Although Miss Boone lives in Columbus and Mr. Holmes in Pittsburgh, he said the two remain together.

"Columbus Municipal Judge Michael T. Brandt ordered that Mr. Holmes be tried on assault and domestic violence charges August 15. If both first-degree misdemeanors should go before a jury as scheduled on August 15, the prosecution could still try to force Miss Boone to testify as well as present her 911 call and the affidavit she gave police on June 19. In that affidavit, Miss Boone accused Mr. Holmes of "choking (her), throwing her to the ground, grabbing her arms, and slamming her into a door, leaving her with bruises, pain, and a torn shirt."

Not surprisingly, Holmes' attorney Sam Shamansky continues to spin:

"As DV cases go, this is not World War III," he said. "This is not a woman with her eye blackened shut. It's nothing like that. It's polar opposite from that. My hope is that after we've fulfilled obligations on our part, that the government will be willing to follow the wishes of the alleged victim and dismiss the matter in its entirety."

So, as a "polar opposite" of a bad DV case I guess this is a happy, fun DV case.

The question is whether the DA is willing to risk putting a victim on the stand that I assume was roughed up but that does not want to mess up her payday in return for now agreeing to make nice. Suffice it to say an August 15 court date will not enhance Holmes' quality practice time during training camp.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06188/704160-100.stm

BlackNGold203
07-07-2006, 05:32 PM
She's not gonna jeopardize her big payday.....

SteelerFanInCA
07-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Hopefully we can put all this crap to rest soon. At least by training camp.

83-Steelers-43
07-07-2006, 05:38 PM

Bingo.

nicesteel4life
07-07-2006, 05:58 PM
Yup Yup......What are they gonna talk about now?

tony hipchest
07-07-2006, 06:00 PM
this is good. back to strike one plus a check swing :smile: i still think these distractions hurt him come gametime (he'll be lucky to be the #4 wr). im just wondering if hes gonna have the audacity to demand the same ammount of $$$ last years #1 wr taken got. (b. edwards?)

nicesteel4life
07-07-2006, 06:04 PM
NAAAAAA, I think he knows his off the field trials and tribulations have cost him some money. I truly still feel that he will get it together and replace El with no problem. You know he told her...If you want paid you better HUSH HUSH, hurt my bonus already!

Haiku_Dirtt
07-07-2006, 06:11 PM
Hopefully we can put all this crap to rest soon. At least by training camp.

Isn't that the truth. We're not talking Mike Tyson here. Young dumb mistakes are what they are so if he hasn't figured it out by now he never will.

I think he has.

SteelerFanInCA
07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Isn't that the truth. We're not talking Mike Tyson here. Young dumb mistakes are what they are so if he hasn't figured it out by now he never will.

I think he has.
Agree. Yeah this guy's had too much free time on his hands. He needs to get under Cowher's leash and soon.

Haiku_Dirtt
07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
this is good. back to strike one plus a check swing :smile: i still think these distractions hurt him come gametime (he'll be lucky to be the #4 wr). im just wondering if hes gonna have the audacity to demand the same ammount of $$$ last years #1 wr taken got. (b. edwards?)

check swing...pretty funny but accurate. That is the beautiful thing about incentives. Kinda nice seeing the agent hung out to dry once in a while instead of it always being the team/fans.

tony hipchest
07-07-2006, 06:16 PM
NAAAAAA, I think he knows his off the field trials and tribulations have cost him some money. I truly still feel that he will get it together and replace El with no problem. !

i wonder about his mental when he finally shows up to camp and sees an undrafted f.a. from tiffin and a 3rd round rookie looking better than him. not to mention q. morgan

CAH
07-07-2006, 06:31 PM
What he needs to do is grow up.

DIESELMAN
07-07-2006, 06:52 PM
One down one to go he faces a July 12 hearing in Miami for his disorderly conduct charge in South Beach, Fla. I think even though we haven't seen anything in the news I'm pretty sure Cowher or at least parts of the coaching staff have "expressed" their concerns to Santonio on these 2 matters.

SteelerFanInCA
07-07-2006, 06:55 PM
One down one to go he faces a July 12 hearing in Miami for his disorderly conduct charge in South Beach, Fla. I think even though we haven't seen anything in the news I'm pretty sure Cowher or at least parts of the coaching staff have "expressed" their concerns to Santonio on these 2 matters.
I'm sure Cowher laid into him pretty good. Hopefully it sinks in.

Steel12
07-07-2006, 10:53 PM

I'm surprised she was dumb enough to even call the po-pos from jump. Money makes everything better for some people...

tony hipchest
07-07-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm surprised she was dumb enough to even call the po-pos from jump. Money makes everything better for some people...you know how the heads do in the heat of the moment. that scrilla will make them act right though. bump the 5-0

Steel12
07-07-2006, 11:03 PM
you know how the heads do in the heat of the moment. that scrilla will make them act right though. bump the 5-0

True...I'm sure if he ain't have a seed by her, she'd be dropped...

SteelerMurf
07-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't get all the positive talk here like this issue is over?

It says that Holmes is facing the same charges he was facing a week ago. The state doesn't need his girlfriend to testify, they already have here 911 call, here signed statement, etc.

The state has not dropped charges. His girlfriend can ask them to drop charges all she wants but it won't matter.

But what does matter is that if they put her on the stand to testify, they may blow the case they have against him cause she isn't going to take him down.

So this is kinda good news but also bad news.:dang:

83-Steelers-43
07-07-2006, 11:20 PM
What he needs to do is grow up.

Bingo. I'm not claiming to be able to read the future, but I'm not getting a good vibe from this kid. Hopefully he can turn it around.

NV STEELERS 723
07-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Hines will tell him 1 time..... then the Rooneys will say go play for the Raiders!...if he can't listen to a class act like Hines then he has a real problem....

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 09:51 AM
Lets just hope this is his last brush with the law.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Ever think that maybe it never happened?

Maybe they got in an argument and she just faked it?Women are good at that.They can cry crocodile tears really easy.It doesn't take much to send a woman off.Maybe he called her a "b!tch" and she called the cops with false claims.All she has to do it say she lied about it all and then you mise well throw out the 9-1-1 call and the signed statment.

83-Steelers-43
07-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Ever think that maybe it never happened?

Maybe they got in an argument and she just faked it?Women are good at that.They can cry crocodile tears really easy.

Faking tears? Sure. But it's hard to fake bruising of the body after being thrown through a door.

Before reading the police report I made every attempt to stay openminded when dealing with this situation. After reading the police report, I'm pretty much convinced that he did in fact do it. But once again, she knows where the money is at and she's keeping her mouth shut. It's not the first time a situation such as this occured in sports and it definately won't be the last. I'm sure Holme's lawyer told him not to comment on the situation, but if I was truly innocent of a crime, I would speak out. Eitherway, it's hard to fake bruising.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Faking tears? Sure. But it's hard to fake bruising of the body after being thrown through a door.

Before reading the police report I made every attempt to stay openminded when dealing with this situation. After reading the police report, I'm pretty much convinced that he did in fact do it. But once again, she knows where the money is at and she's keeping her mouth shut. It's not the first time a situation such as this occured in sports and it definately won't be the last. I'm sure Holme's lawyer as told him not to comment on the situation, but if I was truly innocent of a crime, I would speak out.

So there was actual bruising of the body?I never read the police report so if there was then I assume he did it.

83-Steelers-43
07-08-2006, 10:33 AM
According to a police affidavit, the woman said Holmes did "knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to a family or household member ... by means of choking, throwing her to the ground, grabbing her arms and slamming her into a door, leaving her with bruises, pain and a torn shirt."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06171/699633-66.stm

83-Steelers-43
07-08-2006, 10:39 AM
Completely off topic RoethlisBURGHER, but we have the same B-day...different year though..lol. Second person I have ever met that had the same B-day.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-08-2006, 10:41 AM
According to a police affidavit, the woman said Holmes did "knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to a family or household member ... by means of choking, throwing her to the ground, grabbing her arms and slamming her into a door, leaving her with bruises, pain and a torn shirt."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06171/699633-66.stm

My brother had "domestic violence" problems with his ex-gf.This chic was a psyco,whenever they argued she'd call the cops saying he beat her then she would actually hit herself until bruised and ripped her clothing.

The thing is,if there is no documentation of the bruising via photos taken at a hospital then all there is to document it is her word,and if she says she lied about it all then it mise well have been thrown out.

83-Steelers-43
07-08-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm trying to figure out why she would make it up in the first place? She has a sugardaddy for life.

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 10:49 AM
There is always two sides to every story. I hope for his sake that she is a trouble maker, and lied or faked it all. If not ???????

83-Steelers-43
07-08-2006, 10:51 AM
All I know is, if I got arrested for the second time in a one month period and I was truly not guilty with the second arrest (domestic abuse nonetheless), you better believe I would be talking to the media and letting the fans, my teammates and the organization know that I'm not guilty.

SteelersMongol
07-08-2006, 12:16 PM

Before reading the police report I made every attempt to stay openminded when dealing with this situation. After reading the police report, I'm pretty much convinced that he did in fact do it. But once again, she knows where the money is at and she's keeping her mouth shut. It's not the first time a situation such as this occured in sports and it definately won't be the last. I'm sure Holme's lawyer told him not to comment on the situation, but if I was truly innocent of a crime, I would speak out. Eitherway, it's hard to fake bruising.

Yeah. Whatever happened, I'm sure she is a gold digger. All I hope is that this will teach Holmes a lesson. You know, like using condoms. :smile: And then not to mess around the same woman after that. Ha ha ha. :bouncy:

MNsteelers
07-08-2006, 01:06 PM

Yeah, man, you are exactly right. Props

83-Steelers-43
07-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Holmes Pleads Not Guilty To Disorderly Conduct

(KDKA/AP) MIAMI Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes entered a written plea of not guilty Wednesday to misdemeanor
disorderly conduct charges stemming from a Memorial Day incident.

Neither Holmes nor his attorney were present at a brief hearing before Miami-Dade County Judge Darrin P. Gayles. A court date was not immediately set.

Holmes, who was the Steelers' first-round pick in the April NFL draft out of Ohio State, was arrested as part of a police crackdown on revelers who annually converge on Miami Beach during the Memorial Day weekend.

Holmes, 22, also has pleaded not guilty to separate domestic violence and simple assault charges involving a woman in Columbus, Ohio.

Police there said the woman was the mother of Holmes' 18-week-old daughter.

Holmes, a native of Belle Glade, Fla., led Ohio State in receiving last year with 53 catches for 977 yards and 11
touchdowns.

He decided to skip his final season of collegiate eligibility to enter the NFL draft.

BB2W
07-12-2006, 07:01 PM
All of this does make me feel better about Holmes and his potential character issues... I still can't wait to see him play.

SteelerFanInCA
07-12-2006, 07:02 PM
All of this does make me feel better about Holmes and his potential character issues... I still can't wait to see him play.
Agreed. Let's see what this guy can do on the field already.