PDA

View Full Version : What If ARIANS....

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-29-2012, 06:53 PM
...puts his system in place in Indy (where they actually believe in drafting quality Offensive linemen) and lights the place up?

What, if anything, does that say about our organization? After not getting a contract extension, there has to be at least a small trace of him wanting to show up his former employer by having a strong season with the Colts....

Remember, Arians and Peyton are old buddies too-- he was Peyton's QB coach for the first year or two in the NFL and helped him to achieve a 21 TD, 24 INT season his rookie year.

They may actually "click" and put together a potent offense, behind an actual Oline.

What say you, Steelers nation?

stb_steeler
01-29-2012, 07:03 PM
I dont see it happening anytime soon, first it would take Arians time to adjust and second we doubt Manning will be playing for Colts.

SoCalFan
01-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Indy will be rebuilding for a LOOONNNGGG time! BUT, what if?

6RingsAndCounting
01-29-2012, 07:41 PM
They also will be lacking the speed at receiver to run all streaks

FanSince72
01-29-2012, 09:15 PM
...puts his system in place in Indy (where they actually believe in drafting quality Offensive linemen) and lights the place up?

What, if anything, does that say about our organization? After not getting a contract extension, there has to be at least a small trace of him wanting to show up his former employer by having a strong season with the Colts....

Remember, Arians and Peyton are old buddies too-- he was Peyton's QB coach for the first year or two in the NFL and helped him to achieve a 21 TD, 24 INT season his rookie year.

They may actually "click" and put together a potent offense, behind an actual Oline.

I think it's fair to say that something like that is what many Steeler fans are afraid of.
That particular scenario is part of what I meant by being careful about wishing for too hard for something.

What would be even scarier is if along with Arians fielding a great offense, Butler fields a great defense.
I think if that happened there wouldn't be enough jumping room on all the bridges in Pittsburgh.

But don't worry, we may end up with Jim "2-12" Caldwell to replace Arians, so it's all good, right?

Bayz101
01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
I could really care less. I'm a Steelers fan. Screw all the other teams.

steelfury02
01-29-2012, 09:28 PM
First off - Arians has done nothing to prove that he is capable of putting together an offense that will "light it up"

He won a SB because his QB had one of the greatest 4th-quarter clutch type seasons ever

In every other season - his teams might have put up points from time to time - but pretty much underachieve on a regular basis. This is nothing more than Pagano, Arians, Butler trying to get back together like they were under Butch Davis in Cleveland.

As we all know - great coordinators don't necessarily make great head coaches so let's not jump to the negative

And while we are at it - let's not throw the entire 2-14 or whatever season on Caldwell's shoulders. There were 52 other guys on that roster that virtually quit on themselves and each other. Can you imagine Ben going down for the season and we go 2-14? You can all hate Tomlin but he would NOT let that happen. His worse stretch was the 5 game losing streak - 1 bad streak in 5 seasons and they still managed 9-7 (oh which by the way was good enough to get the Giants to the SB again) My educated guess is that our Steelers would probably do no worse than 8-8 / 7-9 in that same scenario.

Let's not get into the Irsays being some of the WORSE owners you could ask for as a fan. Nut jobs all the ways around who would shake your hand one second, only to turn around and stab you in the back. The father was responsible for taking the storied Colts out of Baltimore and inserting them in Indy - AND taking the Baltimore history with them. I hate the Ravens and their fans - but that would be tough to deal with. Lastly - I don't care what anyone says about Peyton's health. But after ALL he has done for that team and that ownership - they are not exactly going out of their way to owe him his deserved respect. If Favre can play the circus act that was the last few years of his career. Peyton Manning should be given a much more fair shot than those owners are giving him.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will move on and be just fine without Arians. Do NOT fear Arians and certainly do NOT fear a Colts team with an unproven rookie and a team that is starting from scratch. They are in St. Louis Rams territory - not AFC supremacy territory. Half of that Colts staff won't last 5 seasons - mark my words.

Ricco Suavez
01-29-2012, 09:36 PM
like I have stated before Arians is no longer a Steeler, I wish him luck against everyone but us. That door is closed and all that keeps this stuff going is the media stirring the pot and a few posters still giddy with the news he is gone or a few who will jump at the chance to say "I told you so."

FanSince72
01-29-2012, 10:21 PM
First off - Arians has done nothing to prove that he is capable of putting together an offense that will "light it up"

He won a SB because his QB had one of the greatest 4th-quarter clutch type seasons ever

In every other season - his teams might have put up points from time to time - but pretty much underachieve on a regular basis. This is nothing more than Pagano, Arians, Butler trying to get back together like they were under Butch Davis in Cleveland.

As we all know - great coordinators don't necessarily make great head coaches so let's not jump to the negative

And while we are at it - let's not throw the entire 2-14 or whatever season on Caldwell's shoulders. There were 52 other guys on that roster that virtually quit on themselves and each other. Can you imagine Ben going down for the season and we go 2-14? You can all hate Tomlin but he would NOT let that happen. His worse stretch was the 5 game losing streak - 1 bad streak in 5 seasons and they still managed 9-7 (oh which by the way was good enough to get the Giants to the SB again) My educated guess is that our Steelers would probably do no worse than 8-8 / 7-9 in that same scenario.

Let's not get into the Irsays being some of the WORSE owners you could ask for as a fan. Nut jobs all the ways around who would shake your hand one second, only to turn around and stab you in the back. The father was responsible for taking the storied Colts out of Baltimore and inserting them in Indy - AND taking the Baltimore history with them. I hate the Ravens and their fans - but that would be tough to deal with. Lastly - I don't care what anyone says about Peyton's health. But after ALL he has done for that team and that ownership - they are not exactly going out of their way to owe him his deserved respect. If Favre can play the circus act that was the last few years of his career. Peyton Manning should be given a much more fair shot than those owners are giving him.

The Pittsburgh Steelers will move on and be just fine without Arians. Do NOT fear Arians and certainly do NOT fear a Colts team with an unproven rookie and a team that is starting from scratch. They are in St. Louis Rams territory - not AFC supremacy territory. Half of that Colts staff won't last 5 seasons - mark my words.

Are you trying to convince us?

Or are you trying to convince yourself?

Bayz101
01-29-2012, 10:50 PM
Are you trying to convince us?

Or are you trying to convince yourself?

It's obvious that your opinion is the only thing that matters in your mind. I happen to agree with a lot of what he said :noidea:

Speak for yourself :thumbsup:

plenewken
01-30-2012, 06:57 AM
He hasn't lit up the Steelers' offense in 5 years so regardless what he does somewhere else, I don't have second thoughts. He's gone and it's a good thing for the Steelers.

Kingmagyar
01-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Does anyone remember what happened to Tim Couch with Arians as his offensive coordinator?

Poor Andrew Luck.

The Colts are no where near having the personnel to play a 3-4 Defense and with a rookie QB under Arians
the Colts will be very bad next year, and for the future as well.

Prediction Pagano and his staff will be fired in 3 years time.

FanSince72
01-30-2012, 09:09 AM
It's obvious that your opinion is the only thing that matters in your mind. I happen to agree with a lot of what he said :noidea:

Speak for yourself :thumbsup:

Well you know what they say about opinions... :sofunny:

PeRK82
01-30-2012, 02:24 PM
I think it's fair to say that something like that is what many Steeler fans are afraid of.
That particular scenario is part of what I meant by being careful about wishing for too hard for something.

What would be even scarier is if along with Arians fielding a great offense, Butler fields a great defense.
I think if that happened there wouldn't be enough jumping room on all the bridges in Pittsburgh.

But don't worry, we may end up with Jim "2-12" Caldwell to replace Arians, so it's all good, right?

Yea ,im sure that 2-12 season had nothing to do with Payton not playing. If you watched the COLTS games. You would know they were in a lot of close games. Oh wait, thats right, didn't the Steelers stuggle playing them.

StainlessStill
01-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Arians, I think, is a bad pickup for Indianapolis if you ask me. If the Colts go after Luck, then they'd have to really pay a CLOSE attention on how much the kid succeeded at Stanford.

With all the football and college I watched with this kid under center, anybody and their mother knows that Stanford uses an NFL oriented, power-I, power run game scheme that helped Luck into maturing into the role of pure passer behind a big oline and very powerful running game.

Of course, put two and two together. Lets hire a man running the offense that doesn't believe in a fullback! Brilliant (if the Colts decide to go Andrew Luck #1 of course, which is more than 95% possible, RG3 being the other potential QB to snag.)

FanSince72
01-31-2012, 09:40 AM
Yea ,im sure that 2-12 season had nothing to do with Payton not playing. If you watched the COLTS games. You would know they were in a lot of close games. Oh wait, thats right, didn't the Steelers stuggle playing them.

And if you'd read into things a bit more you'd know what a "tongue in cheek" remark was. :drink:

ricardisimo
02-01-2012, 09:59 AM
Good for him if he does well elsewhere. And Bill Belichick sucked with the Browns, so what?

Steelerfreak58
02-01-2012, 10:10 AM

I think it means Arians should have done a better job with what he had playing with the players he had in Pittsburgh. O-Line hurt and can't stop the rush? 3 step drop passes getting the ball out of Bens hands quickly to high percentage targets, run the ball, PA Passing, utilize Miller effectively...

Its called ADJUSTING something Arians did not do at all it seemed last year. Take a look at the teams offensive stats in the 3rd and 4th quarter they are HORRIBLE.

Oh and not to mention getting DELAY OF GAME penalties even when coming off a TV time out or planned time out which happened multiple times this year. How the hell does that happen?....

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Or what if Arians continues to do what he always did in Pittsburgh and keeps shooting his mouth off to the media?

Robert Irsay is going to great lengths to claim no decision has been made on releasing Peyton Manning, even though that is regarded as inevitable

Colts owner Jim Irsay appeared Wednesday on NFL Network with Rich Eisen to discuss how Super Bowl week is going in Indianapolis.

Yeah, another topic came up too.

“A lot of people think Peyton [Manning] and I know what’s going to happen,” Irsay said. “No one knows exactly what’s going to happen.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/01/irsay-no-one-knows-whats-going-to-happen-with-manning/

Enter Bruce Arians to f**k up that attempt by Irsay to spin the story :chuckle:

“It’s like deja vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach, and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become.”

Arians seems to be of the impression that the Colts are in a full, top-to-bottom rebuild. And that rebuild includes a quarterback change. Later in the Colts.com article, Arian backtracked a bit.

“Hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back — I have my fingers crossed — but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting,” Arians said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/01/arians-hints-colts-will-play-with-new-quarterback-in-2012/

Great way to get in the good graces of your new owner Bruce:thumbsup:

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM
Or what if Arians continues to do what he always did in Pittsburgh and keeps shooting his mouth off to the media?

Robert Irsay is going to great lengths to claim no decision has been made on releasing Peyton Manning, even though that is regarded as inevitable

Colts owner Jim Irsay appeared Wednesday on NFL Network with Rich Eisen to discuss how Super Bowl week is going in Indianapolis.

Yeah, another topic came up too.

“A lot of people think Peyton [Manning] and I know what’s going to happen,” Irsay said. “No one knows exactly what’s going to happen.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/01/irsay-no-one-knows-whats-going-to-happen-with-manning/

Enter Bruce Arians to f**k up that attempt by Irsay to spin the story :chuckle:

“It’s like deja vu like in 1998, starting off with a new general manager, a new head coach, and a new quarterback,” said Arians. “It was so exciting to watch that process grow into what it has become.”

Arians seems to be of the impression that the Colts are in a full, top-to-bottom rebuild. And that rebuild includes a quarterback change. Later in the Colts.com article, Arian backtracked a bit.

“Hopefully we have Peyton (Manning) back — I have my fingers crossed — but possibly starting with another young one, it’s really exciting,” Arians said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/01/arians-hints-colts-will-play-with-new-quarterback-in-2012/

That dumbshit :rofl:

steelcity1974
02-01-2012, 08:07 PM

Colts only played 14 games this year?

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Colts only played 14 games this year?

as terrible a season they had, some people would say they played zero :chuckle:

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 08:23 PM

who wants to bet that arians gets fired after his first year in indy? he has to know his role, and remember he may not have a head coach who's willing to put up with him for 5 years of underachieving

Whodis
02-03-2012, 07:50 AM
I think his "offense" is better suited for a dome and a different division. The AFC north and a outdoor stadium just isn't the place for the second coming of the greatest show on turf.

60_MINUTES
02-03-2012, 08:01 AM

if he does it will be the first time he did anything like that in his life...

Old buddies???? right thats why he was gone after the first year with peyton... its not like he left for a better job opp... He was fired my friend just like he was here with the Steelers