PDA

View Full Version : Ben to play in tourney, be part of music video

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-08-2006, 03:05 AM
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, seriously injured in a motorcycle accident last month, will play in a celebrity golf tournament next week and appear in a music video.

Officials with American Century Championship, a tournament in Lake Tahoe, Nev., said Friday that Roethlisberger has committed to play there next weekend, July 14-16.

Also, a spokeswoman for The PovertyNeck Hillbillies, a country music group in Pittsburgh, announced Friday that Roethlisberger will be shooting a music video with the group on Tuesday at Heinz Field.

Roethlisberger underwent seven hours of facial reconstruction surgery June 12 after ramming his motorcycle into a car that turned left in front of him on a Pittsburgh street. Roethlisberger broke his jaw and nose when his head smashed into the car's windshield, and he was thrown over the car onto the pavement. He was cited for riding without a license and not wearing a helmet.

floodcitygirl
07-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Great news! His face must be healing nicely!!! :bouncy:

BlackNGold203
07-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Go get 'em Ben!!

Back in the swing...good to see!!!

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 08:48 AM
The poverty neck hillbillies are huge Steelers fans and there from my hometown. This should be a killer video

RoethlisBURGHer
07-08-2006, 09:16 AM
I've seen the PovertyNeck Hillbillies on the sides of buses in Cleveland and I have heard about them in Cleveland's country music station WGAR but I have never heard a song of thiers.Are they any good?

SteelersMongol
07-08-2006, 09:21 AM
I've seen the PovertyNeck Hillbillies on the sides of buses in Cleveland and I have heard about them in Cleveland's country music station WGAR but I have never heard a song of thiers.Are they any good?

Yeah, I got a same question. I'm guessing PovertyNeck Hillbillies is the name of the band. What kind of music do they play and in what kind of music video is he going to be? And when it's out please let us know, guys. Thanks

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 09:52 AM
Yes there pretty good, 5 0f the 6 members are from Uniontown PA. The sixth member is from WV. The fiddle player has a Steelers painted fiddle and there always wearing Steelers shirts and whatnot. Also thier manager is the former manager of the group Alabama, he discovered them playing at a county fair, and Alabama was retiring so he needed a new band.

BlackNGold203
07-08-2006, 09:54 AM
I downloaded some of their stuff...I think it's very good...

i enjoy country music...so..maybe I'm a bit biased....:cool:

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Oh yeah and if you go to thier web site, you`ll see that there the official band of the Pittsburgh Steelers!

83-Steelers-43
07-08-2006, 10:19 AM
I saw them at the Steelers pep rally this past season at Heinz Field. If you like country music, I'm sure you will like them. I was not impressed.

RoethlisBURGHer
07-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Yes there pretty good, 5 0f the 6 members are from Uniontown PA. The sixth member is from WV. The fiddle player has a Steelers painted fiddle and there always wearing Steelers shirts and whatnot. Also thier manager is the former manager of the group Alabama, he discovered them playing at a county fair, and Alabama was retiring so he needed a new band.

Are you f'n serious?My Grandparents are from the Uniontown area.

I hope to hear some of thier stuff soon,knowing they are Steeler fans I like them already.

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 11:01 AM
Are you f'n serious?My Grandparents are from the Uniontown area.

I hope to hear some of thier stuff soon,knowing they are Steeler fans I like them already.
Uniontown is my old stomping grounds, and I hope it will be my future stomping grounds, soon!

BlackNGold203
07-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Uniontown is my old stomping grounds, and I hope it will be my future stomping grounds, soon!

Cleve...you moving back to the motherland bro??

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 11:04 AM
Eventually, we`ve talked about before, and if all goes well with are business ventures, then we will be back in 2 to 4 years! For now its just once a month visits

SteelersMongol
07-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Oh, man. So it's a country song band? Maan, one of the few things I don't like about your country is the country song. No offence, I just didn't like it when there were some weird voiced man singing songs that are obviously copied from some pop songs. :smile: Again, didn't mean to offend anyone! It just wasn't my taste.

Steelers
07-08-2006, 12:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOO! Not country, Ben. He must've hit his head pretty hard to agree to be in a country video.

blackngoldbaby
07-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Oh yeah and if you go to thier web site, you`ll see that there the official band of the Pittsburgh Steelers!
if you could could ya please give us a link to the site id really appreciate it:bouncy:

SteelersGal17
07-10-2006, 01:06 AM
if you could could ya please give us a link to the site id really appreciate it:bouncy:

you mean the link to the Povertyneck Hillbillies?

http://thepovertyneckhillbillies.com/index.php

that's their website.....................

siss
07-10-2006, 02:17 AM
NOOOOOOOOOO! Not country, Ben. He must've hit his head pretty hard to agree to be in a country video.
sadley he agreed to do it before he hit his head!

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 12:04 PM
sadley he agreed to do it before he hit his head!

siss, I thought you were all up for seeing Ben in a cowboy hat...(lol). What's changed your mind, toots?

WardBus8636
07-16-2006, 03:44 PM
I wonder if someone could post the music video on the website? I would really like to see it!:smile:

siss
07-16-2006, 05:21 PM
siss, I thought you were all up for seeing Ben in a cowboy hat...(lol). What's changed your mind, toots?
I am all for the cowboy hat and the tight wranglers (a girl can only hope!) I just dont like the song. I will still watch the video and everything. I can mute the song!