PDA

View Full Version : chicago 400- who to watch/ who will win

tony hipchest
07-08-2006, 11:41 AM
the point standings easilly reflect who has the best shot to win this race epecially when looking at qualifying and practice speeds. k. kahne is driving the car that he has won 4 times is in. him, burton, harvick, and jj all start in the top 5 and kenseth in the top 10. biffle should be good, leading in happy hour. it may take another late race pit strategy for dale jr. to win but he should be towards the front all day.

1. j. burton
2. k. harvick
3. j. johnson
4. d. earnhardt jr
5. k. kahne
6. - i cants see kenseth, stewart, or biffle not scoring at least a top 10

which leaves 1 top 10 spot for a sleeper. vickers is on a roll since announcing he was leaving. he has as good a shot to win at this track as any. scott riggs could prove strong enough to win. bobby labontes team and car have struggled, but he hasnt. put him in the right car and he can still win but i doubt he will.

Fire Haley
07-08-2006, 12:46 PM
1. Matt
2. Harvick
3. Kasey
4. Biffle
5. J Burton

Just keep the crash magnets away from my car.

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/nascar-cup/2006/br/nascarcup-2006-br-tm-0026.jpg

Jeremy
07-08-2006, 07:57 PM
Casey Mears

tony hipchest
07-09-2006, 06:18 PM
1. Matt
2. Harvick
3. Kasey
4. Biffle
5. J Burton

Just keep the crash magnets away from my car.

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/nascar-cup/2006/br/nascarcup-2006-br-tm-0026.jpg

good picks killer. but it looks like you have the wrong crash magnet pictured. atleast bush would never crash his old team mate on purpose for payback. as far as gordons concerned, lifting and getting them on the next lap has been a proven method in the past.

3 rookies in the top 10 is pretty impressive. bummer for jeff burton in 2nd but im sure he will take his points position any day. riggs, labonte, and vickers all had solid, top 15 runs.

on a good note i think this is the 1st time my fantasy picks have all finished in the top 10. 2,4,6,10. too little, too late.

Fire Haley
07-09-2006, 06:28 PM
**** NASCAR...their little whiny bitchboy should have been black-flagged...what a ****ed up race.

Fire Haley
07-09-2006, 09:55 PM
atleast bush would never crash his old team mate on purpose for payback...

Matt nailed it in his post-race interviews...of course it was intentional...of course it was pay-back for Bristol.

Gordon's on probation and he's not going to admit it. Don't hold your breath waiting for NASCAR to do anything about it either. Gordon is now in the top 10 in points, along with Junior, which is what NASCAR been's wanting anyway.

Just go ahead and make it official and say the new rule states that those two get in the Chase automatically each year and save us all a lot of time.

tony hipchest
07-09-2006, 10:02 PM
nascar said if there were any penalty to be given out it woulda been during the race, before the green/white/ checkered. gordon gets off scott free (they would never punish him while on probation anyways). jr. has earned his spot into the top 10 to this point. kurt bush will beat out gordon for the final spot. if there was a favoritism rule in place, regarding the 2 golden boys i think i prefer it than the "cat in the hat" rule that allows half the chase field to be made up of roush cars. a little diversity never hurt.

Jeremy
07-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Jeff Gordon and Hendrick Motorpsorts: Cheat to Win!

The worst part of the whole damn thing was the three morons calling the race for NBC criticizing the fans who threw things at Gordon. Then you have the King fot Good Ol Boys Benny Parsons saying the reason things were being thrown is that Chicago is so close to Wisconsin. Parsons should be fired today for making such an unprofessional comment on national television.

NBC sucks!!!!

blackvelvet
07-10-2006, 11:38 AM
This could just be me, but i found the whole thing greatly amusing. I don't like Kennseth, and i don't like gordon that much either, so that's probably why. I was disapointed, i didn't see a fight like before. Immature i know...

Jeremy
07-10-2006, 11:40 AM
There was no fight before. Kenseth came up to Gordon like a man and Gordon, wearing his helmet, shoved Kenseth like a bitch. Gordon is a bitch and he proved it again. I can't imagine how much Hendrick is paying the wives of Johnson and Gordon to cover up their affairs with Nick Lachay.

Fire Haley
07-10-2006, 12:56 PM
I'd bet money that NASCAR would react a little differently if the golden boys got punted for the win....if the 8, 24, 20, or 48 are on the receiving end of the hit, I guarantee that a black flag is coming out.

In other racing news...Juan Pablo Montoya, the F1 Superstar, has left the lucrative world of F1 for the opportunity to race alongside the likes of David Stremme.

OK - I feel better now - he finally came out and admited it...

Gordon spins Kenseth, holds on to win under hail of debris
CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9547595

JOLIET, Ill. -- Matt Kenseth accused Jeff Gordon of spinning him out on Sunday in retribution for an accident earlier in the season.

Gordon's answer: So what if I did?

"I certainly didn't mean to wreck him," Gordon said. "But I didn't mind moving him out of the way, either."

NASCAR officials fined Gordon $10,000 and put him on probation until Aug. 30. Kenseth figures Gordon just waited for that controversy to die down to serve up his revenge.

"He is not going to do it next week or the week after," Kenseth said. "He will wait. So I know it was intentional, but that is OK. Part of it is my fault -- we got slow."

"When it came down with five to go, he should have expected, if I could get to his bumper, there was going to be some action," Gordon said. "One, because of what happened in Bristol - and I'm not saying I just was going to wreck him, but you better believe I was going to make life difficult on him. And then No. 2, just 'cause we're hungry right now."

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y55/lombardos/17poop24.jpg

Jeremy
07-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Mike Helton is on Hendrick's payroll along with Darrell Waltrip, Benny Parsons, and Jeff Hammond.

tony hipchest
07-10-2006, 03:00 PM
I'd bet money that NASCAR would react a little differently if the golden boys got punted for the win....if the 8, 24, 20, or 48 are on the receiving end of the hit, I guarantee that a black flag is coming out.

In other racing news...Juan Pablo Montoya, the F1 Superstar, has left the lucrative world of F1 for the opportunity to race alongside the likes of David Stremme.

]

him being on probation is like having the golden track pass to do whatever he wants cause he simply wont get suspended no matter what he does to cross the line. nascar dont do their stars like that and they would make up some story about how his clean record and lack of past transgressions come into play.

i didnt hear kenseth whining to much or calling him an idiot. i cant wait to see gordons reaction the next time it happens to hin. tears will be flowing. hell he was whining after daytona.

juan montoya is gonna be pretty interresting. hes taking quite a paycut. it will definitely get fans south of the boarder more interrested. hes gotta good chance of being r.o.t.y. if he has some good success we may see more of this. im wondering what his endorsements were like and if they will grow. seems like hes just sick of losing to shumacher but hell find out these americans are no pushovers.

SteelerzGirl
07-11-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm mad at Jeff Gordon. I took Kenseth in fantasy and he was soooooooo close to winning it! :frown: I was hoping to take 1st place away from Diesel, but there's just no catchin' that guy...(lol)! :smile:

CowherLover
07-11-2006, 05:00 PM
You guys are trippin!! That's the way it goes, you dump me and I'll get ya back at some point. That's racin kids! I don't like the sanitized version of racing so I'm glad to see em mix it up, it's the way it's always been and hopefully will be.

Conspiracy theorist need to at least conceed that Jr has earned his place and quit b*itching. I'm sure when those cautions came out it was for -insert driver here- benefit and there wasn't debris on the track either right? RIIIIIGHT!

tony hipchest
07-11-2006, 05:13 PM
I'm mad at Jeff Gordon. I took Kenseth in fantasy and he was soooooooo close to winning it! :frown: I was hoping to take 1st place away from Diesel, but there's just no catchin' that guy...(lol)! :smile:diesels a freak! who'd he pick again as a "c" driver longshot? i think it was sorensen who came in 7th leading all rookies and c drivers.

unbelievable

tony hipchest
07-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Conspiracy theorist need to at least conceed that Jr has earned his place and quit b*itching. I'm sure when those cautions came out it was for -insert driver here- benefit and there wasn't debris on the track either right? RIIIIIGHT!

if its not a penske driver im pulling for jr. to win it all. hes been quiet yet awfully consistant. dale jr. reminds me of nascars version of big ben. die hards either love him or hate him, and casual fans in general seem to root for them cause they cant understand all the hatred.

same stigmas was put on them. they were both put in perfect situations and didnt really have the talent to win a championship. (i always knew ben could shoulder a team just like i know dale jr. can drive the wheels off a car).

and most of all, neither are dorks. put celebrity aside, if these were dudes i went to school with or grew up with they would probably be beer buddies. i would never go to a nail salon with tom brady but i'd definitely go shoot pool at a bar with jr. or go to a sorority party with ben.

Suitanim
07-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Bwahahahahahaha!

I'm not back, just popping in...

THIS is rich. Kenseth, who was gonna run out of fuel anyway, and knew he couldn't hold the stronger car off regardless, blocks over and over and over again, then complains when he gets off the gas, checks up and gets the lightest of love taps? I'll buy his excuse as soon as NASCAR mandates brake lights...until then, good, clean win for the (still) best driver in NASCAR.

Isn't it ironic that Gordon who has only embraced aggressive driving late (late? He's going to pass up DE Sr's win count in half the time it took Earnhardt) in his career is about to pass Dale Earnhardt Sr. who almost never won a race without punting 5-6 guys out of his way? Nobody threw beer cans at Earnhardt Sr. when he just booted driver after driver out of his way...

Fire Haley
07-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm not back, just popping in

Hey suit!
Night race at Bristol...be there...should be fun.

Oh yeah...no coincidence that Jeffy wrecking Matt also kept the lead for the #48, a car he owns?
Funny how that works out, now, isn't it?
If he's such a great driver in a faster car, why not pass the #17 on the track?
No friggin way he HAD to spin Matt to get around, there was plenty of race left.

tony hipchest
07-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Bwahahahahahaha!

I'm not back, just popping in...

THIS is rich. Kenseth, who was gonna run out of fuel anyway, and knew he couldn't hold the stronger car off regardless, blocks over and over and over again, then complains when he gets off the gas, checks up and gets the lightest of love taps? I'll buy his excuse as soon as NASCAR mandates brake lights...until then, good, clean win for the (still) best driver in NASCAR.

Isn't it ironic that Gordon who has only embraced aggressive driving late (late? He's going to pass up DE Sr's win count in half the time it took Earnhardt) in his career is about to pass Dale Earnhardt Sr. who almost never won a race without punting 5-6 guys out of his way? Nobody threw beer cans at Earnhardt Sr. when he just booted driver after driver out of his way... hey suit- ive been waiting for a good gordon debate. you see pti report that kenseth was ironically rear ended today on his way to the airport? :sofunny:

i wouldnt mind gordon playing tough guy on the track so much if he werent the one to throw the biggest fit when the exact same thing happens to him. (see bristol and his actions towards kenseth when matt came up to apologize).

gordon will pass dale sr in wins. i doubt he ever will in championships though. dale sr. never had a teammate who had a better team and equipment.

i see the best driver comment (although tony stewart probably is). i still think gordon was the biggest beneficiary of davey allisons helicopter accident. had that not happen you can subtract about 15-20 wins and 1 champ off gordons total. gordon lost his biggest rival before a rivalry was even born.

anyways we will see what happens late in the season when tonys, dales, or matts hunger surpasses jeffs. (jimmies wont- he knows better). i think a prescedent has been set. we will see who cries loudest.

SteelerzGirl
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM
diesels a freak! who'd he pick again as a "c" driver longshot? i think it was sorensen who came in 7th leading all rookies and c drivers.

unbelievable

He is a freak...(lol)! I think he did pick Sorensen, but I can't remember. I think he has a crystal ball over there in the Land of Sand. It's spooky.

BTW... You did great in fantasy this week, tony. You're a contender and I'm afraid. Very, very afraid. Hold me. :sweating:

tony hipchest
07-11-2006, 09:44 PM
BTW... You did great in fantasy this week, tony. You're a contender and I'm afraid. Very, very afraid. Hold me. :sweating:

*arms extended*

dont worry. im not contending for nuthin but middle of the pack. im gonna be away for several weekends and wont even get to look into any of my picks (starting with this weekend)

Suitanim
07-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Lost in all this petty bickering is the fact that NASCAR's best driver suddenly has a team that is capable of giving him a car that can win at an intermediate track. JG hasn't been able to win at a cookie-cutter in years, and when you race at tracks that are 80% handling, even that ****y ******* Mike Shumacher (who dissed NASCAR today, by the way, the arrogant product of a 400 million dollar Ferrari program who wins every race by two laps because his team outspends the competition 4-1) would finish 33rd if he didn't have great equipment.

I'm only sorry that I burned up so many of his fantasy starts too early...