PDA

View Full Version : Franco was a Seahawk?

Ironman
06-05-2005, 10:46 AM
As a relatively new Steelers fan (midway 2003 season), I was unaware of this. Take a look at this pic!

http://img41.echo.cx/img41/2739/gallery18harris6mk.th.jpg (http://img41.echo.cx/my.php?image=gallery18harris6mk.jpg)

Franco Harris
Seattle Seahawks, 1984

After spending 12 years in Pittsburgh, Franco's army marched to the great Northwest for eight games with the Seahawks. Harris averaged just 2.5 yards per carry with Seattle.

Volpe1564
06-05-2005, 11:01 AM
he had a talk with Bettis when he was thinking about taking a paycut and urged him to just take the cut becuase Franco wished he would have.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 11:17 AM
That was a sad day indeed.. seeing Franco in a seahack uniform made every steeler fan just cringe... Thank goodness he was there to talk to Bettis to...

bigbensgirl7
06-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Yah, I couldn't imagine Bettis in anything but the black and gold now!!!

clevestinks
06-05-2005, 04:48 PM
In classic Franco style, at his HOF induction, that I attended, his first words were" I`m Back"

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 10:24 PM
It came alittle close several years ago after the pro bowl and his contract was up. He says he always wanted to be a STeeler and retire in the black n gold.. but those other offers had to be enticing alittle. Thank GOD he stayed.

clevestinks
06-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Now lets get the Hines deal done, so we don`t have to worry about that too.

bigbensgirl7
06-06-2005, 09:53 AM
No kidding Cleve...that would be just as bad!!!

Bamataco1
06-06-2005, 06:19 PM
One reason Franco Harris did so poorly as a Seahawk is because as you all know the Steelers are an inside running team. At the time that Franco went to The Hawks they were an outside running team, and Franco was there to replace a back name Warner who I think retired because of injury. And Warner was a faster smaller back that fit their offense. They just hired Franco to fill the seats.

clevestinks
06-06-2005, 08:23 PM
One reason Franco Harris did so poorly as a Seahawk is because as you all know the Steelers are an inside running team. At the time that Franco went to The Hawks they were an outside running team, and Franco was there to replace a back name Warner who I think retired because of injury. And Warner was a faster smaller back that fit their offense. They just hired Franco to fill the seats.

Good reply! And welcome!

SteelerFanInATL
07-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes, Franco was a Seahawk. He asked for too much, too late in his career and the Steelers were willing to let him go. If he would have asked for the money in his prime they probably would have given it to him. I believe that was his last season in the NFL. I had forgotten he played for Seattle.
In my mind Franco was never really a Seahawk, he just wore the uniform for a brief period of time.

LambertIsGod58
07-21-2005, 08:48 PM
Franco was never really a Seahawk...His home will always be Pittsburgh. Franco is an awesome man. I just saw him again in VA a few weeks ago. He allowed me to get a picture of him and my 11 mo old son. It will be something I treasure and hope my son does too one day. Can you imagine having a picture of yourself at that age with the man who made the greatest play in NFL history-The Immaculate Reception? What an honor.

pitt
07-22-2005, 12:43 AM
I don't care what color uniform Franco wore he was a true Steeler.