PDA

View Full Version : Reliving AFC Divisional playoff again

BlitzburghRockCity
07-08-2006, 05:20 PM
I figure I can still keep reliving the glorious 2005 season until training camp starts so I just sat back today and watched NFL network replay the colts/steelers playoff game. Damn, looking back at all 3 of our games leading to the SB, I cant say I remember seeing more crazy games, wild endings, and a team that played with more heart, ever !!!

Damn what a run that was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt: :tt:

Black@Gold Forever32
07-08-2006, 05:24 PM
I figure I can still keep reliving the glorious 2005 season until training camp starts so I just sat back today and watched NFL network replay the colts/steelers playoff game. Damn, looking back at all 3 of our games leading to the SB, I cant say I remember seeing more crazy games, wild endings, and a team that played with more heart, ever !!!

I agree man. That was a great run and I never tire watching it. I watched it again on NFL Network today also. Plus I always watch my Super Bowl XL DVD. I don't think we will ever see a run like that for sometime like the Steelers had last year. Those games will last with me until the day I die.

SteelCzar76
07-08-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm with ya'll wholeheartedly. I felt redeemed after previous postseason fiasco's. It just seemed like we finally played up to our potential when it really mattered. Cowher did'nt coach like he was timid (for the most part),... and almost everyone on the field just seemed to step up their overall game. It was definetly memorable. Now,...let's go become the greatest franchise in Nfl history (as far as the haters are concerned),...and win ANOTHER TITLE FOR THE NEW DYNASTY !!

"Hail Caesar,...HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

klick81
07-08-2006, 05:41 PM
Yep, i'm watching the Superbowl right now :)

HometownGal
07-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Y'know, I loved our dynasty Steelers of the 70's - they were just an awesome team, but they were annual favorites to go far in the playoffs most of that decade. I'm not taking anything away from those great teams here by saying that the 2005 Steelers excited me even more than the Steelers of the 70's. We had our fears, questions and yes - sometimes our doubts about this team, but they believed in themselves and most imporantly, in each other. I for one can freely admit that I did not anticipate or expect them to go all the way this past season - I felt it would take a few more years until they "gelled" as a team and a Super Bowl contender. They played hard, they played physical football, they rallied and they did the unthinkable by going into enemy territory and winning the Pittsburgh Steelers way - tough assed smash-mouth football. I am so proud of this team and even prouder to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. :smile:

klick81
07-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Y'know, I loved our dynasty Steelers of the 70's - they were just an awesome team, but they were annual favorites to go far in the playoffs most of that decade. I'm not taking anything away from those great teams here by saying that the 2005 Steelers excited me even more than the Steelers of the 70's. We had our fears, questions and yes - sometimes our doubts about this team, but they believed in themselves and most imporantly, in each other. I for one can freely admit that I did not anticipate or expect them to go all the way this past season - I felt it would take a few more years until they "gelled" as a team and a Super Bowl contender. They played hard, they played physical football, they rallied and they did the unthinkable by going into enemy territory and winning the Pittsburgh Steelers way - tough assed smash-mouth football. I am so proud of this team and even prouder to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. :smile:

:cheers:

DIESELMAN
07-08-2006, 06:43 PM
YEAH BABY!!!!! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!

:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt: HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-08-2006, 08:00 PM
YEAH BABY!!!!! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!

:tt::tt::tt::tt::tt: HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO :tt::tt::tt::tt::tt:

Damn that sounds great, I never get tired of seeing those words :t02: :tt02:

Ive got the SBXL on DVD too, along with all 3 playoff games, I still get excited everytime I watch them !

clevestinks
07-08-2006, 08:34 PM
What a run, thats an understatement, but true! It was a helluva run!

WWIIOwheelz
07-09-2006, 02:32 AM
I was just thinking today.... that NFL Films dvd that came with the Superbowl package will probably never be surpassed for how much I enjoy it. I honestly don't know how it could be. The loved veteran leaving, an incredible talent making a name for himself, hardworking role players executing to perfection, a revisiting of greatness by an already-storied franchise?

I'm not sure how it can ever be better, in this old fan's eyes, but I can honestly say that I've cherished every moment of them being the world's best, and.... LOL... I still am.

SteelShooter
07-09-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm with all of you!

Yesterday I watched the Colts-Steelers game, immediately followed by the Broncos-Steelers Game, on the NFL Network.

Moments prior to opening up SF here, I put on the Superbowl package DVD also. And dad-gummed if I didn't go right to this thread first to see all of your posts.

This was great, for I was starting to feel a bit like the Mike Meyers character in "Fever Pitch" with the way I tend to go overboard with the Steelers. During the regular season, a chunk of my weekend schedule is written around their game schedule.

That is another reason I truly enjoy coming on this board. I feel at home; amongst friends; with all my Black & Gold Freak Brothers and Sisters........... :smile:

Congratulations everyone on an incredible 2005 season that will be spoken of for decades.

The Bungle Hunter
07-09-2006, 11:32 AM
just happy that I was alive durin this super bowl run, can't imagine what it was like in the 70s!

BlackNGold203
07-09-2006, 11:47 AM
just happy that I was alive durin this super bowl run, can't imagine what it was like in the 70s!

to be living here in the 70's...with the steelers dynasty...and the Pirates being a great team...was truly special.....it was a rough economical time in this area...and the local sports teams energized us...and brought alot of pride back to the region....I'm proud to be a Pittsburgher...and always will be!!!

LOL...I just popped my SB DVD in....*goosebumps*

SteelersMongol
07-09-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm with all of you! ...

That is another reason I truly enjoy coming on this board. I feel at home; amongst friends; with all my Black & Gold Freak Brothers and Sisters........... :smile:

Hear hear hear. Amen brother. :smile: I feel the same way.

blackvelvet
07-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I agree man. That was a great run and I never tire watching it. I watched it again on NFL Network today also. Plus I always watch my Super Bowl XL DVD. I don't think we will ever see a run like that for sometime like the Steelers had last year. Those games will last with me until the day I die.

i just watched the whole thing last night. generally, i watch the end of the indy game when i feel like giving myself a heart attack (not seriously though)

MNsteelers
07-09-2006, 03:04 PM

I was four months old when the Steelers won the Super Bowl in 1980. Obviously, this team has a great deal of tradition, but speaking for the 20-something Steelers fans, this title is our only one, really. I didn't grow up with Lambert, Ham and Bradshaw. I grew up with O'Donnell, Thigpen and Hoge. I grew up with a coach who couldn't win an AFC Championship, I grew up with playoff losses to two dynasties (Cowboys and Patriots x2). This title, to me and my generation, is on par with the Red Sox and the White Sox. Regardless of how many the franchise has, I only truly was a part of one championship, and it had been a helluva long time until I saw it. It's something that will be with me forever, regardless of how the next 26 years go, or complaints about officiating.

This post says it all about the playoff games. "It's just that kind of year."

http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0604.html

Atlanta Dan
07-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Have watched the Steelers-Colts playoff broadcast in its entirety several times.

The whole game is great, but from the time Manning waved off Dungy to go for it on 4th down at the end of the 3Q until the end of the game, that is the most intense sporting event I have ever watched, going from garden variety high intensity (two Steelers's 4th down conversions), to high anxiety (the screwed up call on Troy's interception), to total hysteria from the time of the Bettis fumble until Vanderjagt blows the FG.

Definitely good times!

X-Terminator
07-09-2006, 05:25 PM
I remember back when the Steelers were 7-5 and had just lost to the Colts...so many fans were jumping ship, calling for Cowher to be fired, etc. I, however, never gave up and predicted that the Steelers would run the table and get into the playoffs, which is exactly what they did. And after they went into Cincinnati and beat the Bengals, I really felt like something special was going to happen. The team played with so much grit and intensity, and with something to prove, since so many people outside of Pittsburgh doubted them. They, however, never stopped believing in themselves, and while they felt the joy and the unbelievable thrill of winning the Super Bowl, I'm sure they also felt vindicated by doing what the "pundits" and so many others said couldn't be done. It was the greatest championship run in NFL history and one of the greatest in the history of professional sports, and one that I'm so happy I was able to witness first hand.

GO STEELERS!!!! :tt02: :tt02:

SteelersMongol
07-09-2006, 07:03 PM
I just watched the whole season's highlights. Just SUPERB! And I missed Bettis so bad. Remembered how El played great games with us. :crying01: What more can I say?

Elvis
07-10-2006, 06:51 AM
I have DVR and have the AFC Tittle Game and Super Bowls still recorded and need to get them recorded on to a tape or cd somehow, because I had the Colts game also but it accidently got deleted.. So I have watched those games atleast 4 or 5 times I guess..It Never gets old..
God Bless
ELvis

SteelerFanInCA
07-10-2006, 10:05 AM
That Super Bowl DVD is just something we will watch over and over. It never gets old.

BlackNGold203
07-10-2006, 10:13 AM
That Super Bowl DVD is just something we will watch over and over. It never gets old.

No doubt...I love the players comments on the sidelines...LMAO....in the Vikings game..LOL...Farrior..."that reality TV show....(all chime in)...LINEBACKERS GONE WILD!!"

LOL..and in the AFC championship game..Larry Foote after his interception..."I get nervous with the ball....why do I get nervous?....I gotta work on that!"

LMAO

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!!

SteelerFanInCA
07-10-2006, 10:29 AM
No doubt...I love the players comments on the sidelines...LMAO....in the Vikings game..LOL...Farrior..."that reality TV show....(all chime in)...LINEBACKERS GONE WILD!!"

LOL..and in the AFC championship game..Larry Foote after his interception..."I get nervous with the ball....why do I get nervous?....I gotta work on that!"

LMAO

I LOVE THESE GUYS!!!!!
Loved the look of the two bengal fans up in the stands after the play off game win vs the bengals.

The two guys with the Who & Dey painted on their chest. The look on their faces is priceless. They looked like somebody shot their dogs.

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 03:41 PM
LMFAO Just the whole "who dey" thing kills me. You know the first time the smacks beat us, we should expect to hear that a lot. But then at that moment...... we can remind them about who is the XL champions!

shevdog
07-10-2006, 06:08 PM

I had my Tivo record it and I had a Steelers marathon yesterday afternoon. That was one heck of a game against the Colts. The defense hammered Peyton like crazy in the first quarter. We controled the Colts. Aside from almost falling apart in the 4th quarter, we embarrashed the Colts. That was the real Super Bowl right there!

klick81
07-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Ahhhh...how good it feels to be able to reflect this way....what way you ask? AS CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jammin:

steelerdude
07-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I've watched the DVD three times already.

MNsteelers
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
We just lost to the Bengals to drop to 7-5. And while I broke my remote control and made the last minute of that game the first Steelers action I have missed in the last six years (I just couldn't look anymore. It was getting violent), I wasn't thinking Cowher was done, I wasn't thinking of jumping ship. Losing to arch-rival Baltimore with Maddox under center, losing on Monday Night at Indianapolis, and losing a 38-31 shootout to the talented Bengals is just a rough patch of football.

But I PROMISE you this: If this team did not lose those three games, they wouldn't have won the Super Bowl. This was the first Steelers team with that Underdog Chip on their shoulder.

I remember back when the Steelers were 7-5 and had just lost to the Colts...so many fans were jumping ship, calling for Cowher to be fired, etc. I, however, never gave up and predicted that the Steelers would run the table and get into the playoffs, which is exactly what they did. And after they went into Cincinnati and beat the Bengals, I really felt like something special was going to happen. The team played with so much grit and intensity, and with something to prove, since so many people outside of Pittsburgh doubted them. They, however, never stopped believing in themselves, and while they felt the joy and the unbelievable thrill of winning the Super Bowl, I'm sure they also felt vindicated by doing what the "pundits" and so many others said couldn't be done. It was the greatest championship run in NFL history and one of the greatest in the history of professional sports, and one that I'm so happy I was able to witness first hand.

GO STEELERS!!!! :tt02: :tt02:

SteelersMongol
07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
I went to the newly opened Sports store last Sunday. And they were showing the DVD in football section. I stood there and watched it even though I'd watched it a night before. The thought about the Bus is no longer playing with us, I could almost feel the tears in my eyes. :crying02:

WWIIOwheelz
07-11-2006, 06:11 PM
I've lost count of how many times I've watched that DVD.