PDA

View Full Version : Members Choice Awards???

BB2W
06-05-2005, 03:47 PM
2005 Members Choice Awards

I think this is great. Anothers teams forum I visit does this, and I think it cool. Near the end of the season around like week 12 a new forum is available called "Members Choice Awards" This forums holds the polls for members to vote on nominees picked by the Adminisrator (Mike) and the Moderators (Matt). Each poll also has its own thread. I know the polls wouldn't come up til late in the season, but I thought I would mention it now so if we decide to do it, the members and Admin could consider who is deserves the award throughout the whole season. Rather than bringing it up late in the year. The actual voting would be from game 12 to game 16. Usually the forum and polls are removed somtime toward the end of the off-season.

If you guys want to do it here are some ideas for awards:

-Most Informative Member of 2005
-Funniest Member of 2005
-Nicest Member of 2005
-Favorite Moderator of 2005
-Favorite Non-Steelers Member of 2005
-Favorite Female Member of 2005
-Favorite Ohio Member of 2005
-Most Knowledgable (About Steelers History) Member of 2005
-Most Knowledgable (About the NFL) Member of 2005
-Best Signature Creator of 2005
-Best Signature of 2005
-Best Use of Avatars in 2005
-Superthread Poster of 2005
-Biggest Smack-Talker of 2005
-Biggest Post W%@$ of 2005

I think it would be cool. If you guys want to do it, and want to take out or add an award post your :twocents: These are some the other forum used I just added Favorite Ohio Member because there are alot of us here and there are so many Steelers fans in Ohio.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-05-2005, 04:24 PM
As long as everybody keeps in mind that each and every one of us is equally important to the functionality and growth of SF..then it might be something to consider. We'll keep it in mind :)

What does everyone else think ?

clevestinks
06-05-2005, 04:27 PM
For fun what hell! Go for it.
How about worst speller of 2005.

bigbensgirl7
06-05-2005, 09:51 PM
I think it sounds like fun!

ironcitychef
06-06-2005, 12:50 AM
I'm all for it. You know I want to look out for all those guys and gals you see reading the boards but not really raising their hand in class. One question...

Can I put $50.00 down on Matt now?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-06-2005, 01:23 AM
For fun what hell! Go for it.
How about worst speller of 2005.

That title is already signed sealed and delivered :rofl:

Can I put $50.00 down on Matt now?

I'll see that , and raise you 100.00 :D

Prosdo
06-06-2005, 03:00 AM
Sounds like a great idea. Definitely for it.

clevestinks
06-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Do we need to wear a tuxedo they day of the awards, sit in font of the PC with a top hat.

bigbensgirl7
06-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Yah, and have your speeches prepared just in case you win...lol!! No but really, I think it sounds like fun!l

BB2W
06-06-2005, 12:15 PM
Favorite Moderator of 2005

I didn't really think this one out, but I think it should stay an award because in the future there will likely be more Mods, and this was a good poll watching all the members vote for thier favorite Mod.......kinda like an election. Plus, the thread that followed was one of the longest......good topic for poll, unless you only have one mod :)

I forgot to mention that when Mike and Matt choose the nominees go ahead and pick yourself. Obviously Matt's name should be in the hat for catagories like Most Informative or Nicest Member .....etc.

I would think that a five person max. for each award would be good, and thier can be less nominees if thats all that there is.

clevestinks
06-06-2005, 04:55 PM
HHHMMM!!!!!!!!! Wonder who will win for best Sig maker?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-06-2005, 05:20 PM
So does anybody have a problem w/ doing this little contest? Feel free to speak up and voice your .02 :)

clevestinks
06-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Lets do it! Should we print up certificates and send them out?

SteelersFever
06-06-2005, 09:35 PM
I'm not really into it. But, if you guys want to start a vote for a few categories, please do. I'm sure by the end of the season you'll know who should be nominated, so you won't need an administrator or moderator to decide. Lets keep it fun and unofficial. :)

BB2W
06-06-2005, 11:58 PM
I think this would be a big part of SF, and if Mike does not like the idea, and does not want to be involved.......we should not do it.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-07-2005, 12:19 AM
The problem with these types of things, is it becomes a popularity contest, and sometimes people feel slighted when they dont get nominated or win something they felt they should, and that can create animosity and bad vibes on the site, and we dont want that at all. As long as its purely in fun, and nobody takes it w/ any real conscience about what there presence on SF means in relation to winning or not winning, thats the main goal.

BB2W
06-07-2005, 12:29 AM
Wow!.....Are we dealing with adults? I am a big part of a Bengals site that does this, and I was not nominated for one award.......and I loved it. I thought it was great watching who the members chose, and the threads that followed. I dont remember anyone whining or crying (don't tell me Bengals fans are tougher than us). If anything it was great, and I could tell the members look forward to it every season.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Yeah we are.. but some people just feel slighted alot easier than others, so, ya know ;)

I think it could be fun, but personally, and I think Mike agrees, we dont want the responsibility of picking the nominees.. we can leave that up to the members to pick a couple nominees for each category,then hold votes via polls. Alot of the categories are kinda obvious now, but as we get more members, that will make it more challenging.

ironcitychef
06-07-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah I'm not for hyping it up too much, but if we just post it all the way and keep winnings down to maybe a special post with some cool fonts then it keeps the message as just a way to say "thanks" but without hurting feelings. Keep categories to a minimum, no best supporting poster in a daytime thread categories please. Here are my suggestions...

Time frame: opens at season start week 1, closes on Sunday before SuperBowl Offseason is offseason work on getting over not winning or whatever.

Open to all members, but voting is doen in a week time frame. Ballots done on Championship Monday.

Categories:
+Most Informative Member (ie most up to date poster)
+Funniest Member (most likely to crack a joke for every post)
+Nicest Member (who is the PR member of SF?)
-Favorite Moderator (we know this, so is it necessary? Tons of Respect though BRC)
+Favorite Non-Steelers Member (I actually like this category a lot)
-Favorite Female Member (kinda vague, why this category? why not guys?)
+Favorite Ohio Member (I'd go for favorite new member(rookie-1st year member))
+Most Knowledgable (About Steelers History) Member (combine with NFL knowledge)
-Most Knowledgable (About the NFL) Member (see above)
-Best Signature Creator (see Mod category, Might add later thogh, T.O.R.T. BB2W)
+Best Signature (more useful than above so it stays)
-Best Use of Avatars (don't understand, couldn't care)
+Superthread Poster (who gets the members typing is a great category)
+Biggest Smack-Talker (Blast Furnace Championship should always be defended)
-Biggest Post W%@$ (we don't want it anyway so lose this category)

I'm at nine so to make an even ten lets throw in: SF achievement award. This should be about making the site better so lets give one to those who make good ideas better by implementing new software(or whatever two hamsters in a wheel keep this site running), t-shirt ideas, get togethers, etc.

Procedure: If unofficial, I don't know if mod can set up poll threads on Champ Mon to end in a week, then we vote and a simple cool font post is then made by mod and we all clap and cheer and get on with the offseason. If not then one of us do it.

Well its a start. So help fine tune it.

BB2W
06-07-2005, 01:17 AM
What?.....starting voting at week 1......that is stupid!!! There is no suspense. You only get one vote! how could you determine who wins in week 1,2,3 or 8 for that matter. It has to be done at the end of the year. For the award you must consider what has happend throughout the season. We are all stupider having read that post. :confused:

ironcitychef
06-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Okay if you are going to act like that then I am not for the awards at all.

Now, what I mean is you have to have a start time for the posts to start counting. Much like regualr season games, posts should only count during the season. This would also include our other members who come calling once we get fired up. I could live with a Mel Kiper award for best draft info or Turk award for camp news as that is really the only thing that happens in the offseason. Voting as I thought I posted would take place the week between the Champ games and the Super Bowl. Guess it was something I thought and didn't type. So relax. I do agree it should be at the end. Sorry I didn't make crystal clear in my first post on how to do this. But be careful as I am already getting concerned on these awards, like the admin of this board after that post...

BB2W
06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Act like what? You guys are so sensitive it is embarassing Steelers fans everywhere.
I don't care if we do this or not. I thought it was cool at the other site, and I could tell the members enjoyed it. I thought I would mention it here......no big deal.

I actually don't think we should do it since Mike does not like the idea, and does not want to be involved. I think it would end up being a big part of SF, and I don't think he wants that.

clevestinks
06-07-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey if I don`t win the ugliest member award, then I`m going to be pissed! LOL. :blurp:

SteelersFever
06-07-2005, 09:59 PM
I actually don't think we should do it since Mike does not like the idea, and does not want to be involved. I think it would end up being a big part of SF, and I don't think he wants that.
What's that supposed to mean?

BlitzburghRockCity
06-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Im alittle confused on that one too!

and cleve, acceptance is the first step in recovery :D

BB2W
06-07-2005, 10:43 PM
I don't know what that means......I was just typing stuff.

When I post something in this Feedback & Support forum especially like "Members Choice Awards" I guess I am looking for a yes or a no from you. I new there would be some members responses, but if thats what I was after I would have posted it in the Locker Room. MCA's was a big part of the other site I visit (especially near the end of the year), and If you are not for it. Why would we do it......I mean you are the Administrator.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-07-2005, 10:50 PM
oh well, that clears it up ALITTLE then ;) If mike doesnt want it done, he'll say so in no uncertain terms, but if he is willing to let the members have some fun w/ it then we can probably see how it goes. We're all adults here, if we can have some fun w/ it, then why not.

BB2W
06-07-2005, 11:03 PM
I think I am more confused than you. :lost:

ironcitychef
06-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Alright. BB2W sorry for posting back in a sarcastic tone. Just didn't like getting ripped for offering suggestions. I just want to get back to reading and posting in the next week so I'll say my peace and leave it to you all. I like the idea. I don't want people to feel slighted or outcasts. Since the end of the year is a good deal away we should be able to come to some agreement of how to make this work. I just think it would be a good thing for the site as long as we don't take it too seriously or personal. Thanks for the idea.

BlitzburghRockCity
06-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Well said!

clevestinks
06-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Now theres the love! :)

BlitzburghRockCity
06-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Is that what you call it? :blurp: :D