PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte?

Jeremy
07-09-2006, 11:02 AM
Any fans in Charlotte, NC?

83-Steelers-43
07-09-2006, 11:04 AM
kmsteelerwr15 lives in the Charlotte area.

steelcity984
07-09-2006, 12:04 PM
I live in Tyro...a city that (as far as I know) will not appear on your map, about 30 min or so from Charlotte

Jeremy
07-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I was looking at maybe moving to Charlotte when I retire and I was looking to get some impressions of the city from people who live in, or close, to the city.

Steel City Mafia
07-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Steel City Mafia will host an event Saturday night December 16 at Dixies Tavern in Downtown Charlotte and will feature Kevin Greene. For more info visit...

WWW.STEELCITYMAFIA.COM

wadester47
09-19-2006, 12:28 PM
hey what about florence, sc
just kidding

racerbuddy3
09-19-2006, 07:54 PM
UNC CHARLOTTE right here!!! 1 of 5 fans i know of here

Chamberlain
10-06-2006, 04:20 PM
I was looking at maybe moving to Charlotte when I retire and I was looking to get some impressions of the city from people who live in, or close, to the city.

I've lived in Charlotte since I was 8 (I'm 25 now), and I love it. I attended college here, and have chosen to settle down here, buy a house, etc. It has grown significantly since we moved here in 89. It is definately a white collar town with alot of suits. I like the surrounding areas, and would recommend a move to Cornelius, Concord, or Harrisburg before a move to the city. The taxes are much lower in Cabarrus County, and it's only 15 minutes up the interstate from uptown. There is alot to do, several arts districts, concert halls, movie theaters, etc. Lake Norman provides the summer atmosphere of boating, although it is heavily congested during these times and is more of a party atmosphere than relaxed fishing atmosphere you are probably looking for in retirement. For that, I would recommend either Lake Wylie or Lake Tillery, which is in Albermarle, about 30 minutes from Concord. If you like Racing, then this is the heart of that culture. There are two races a year at Lowe's Motor Speedway. The traffic gets crazy during those times of year. And of course you have NFL, NBA, and minor league baseball with the Charlotte Knights, who play in Fort Mill, which is South of Charlotte. I hope this helps!

writersblock
11-13-2006, 12:21 PM
I live in Charlotte and help operate the Charlotte Steel City Fanatics. We have a web site where we update where we watch the games, club news, etc. Visit http://www.charlottesteelers.com for more info.

Go Steelers!

Writersblock