PDA

View Full Version : Who are your favorite '06 draft picks

Elvis
07-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Good morning to all.. My question is this morning is who is your favorite draft pick(S) for this year and why?
My first thought when we drafted WR Santonio Holmes was.. alright... we might have gotten a great WR... but oh gosh...he is a Buckeye..thats bad...little did I know he would have already been in trouble with the law twice in less than a month..Now that is really bad..
I love the pick up of Anthony Smith the Safety from Syracuse and also WR Willie Reid but the 3 that I really look forward to seeing some contribution from is...
DT Orien Harris and RB Cedric Humes
Harris made a lot of big plays for the Canes.. they are my fav college team so I have seen him play alot.
Cedric Holmes is a tough nosed back that gets the tough yards..
QB Omar Jacobs should be our back up QB by his 3rd year..even though I dont want to have to see him unless it is in mop up mode...
God Bless You All
Elvis

BlackNGold203
07-10-2006, 07:58 AM
I think Reid is the sleeper....all the attention is on Holmes...but this kid can FLY....

I see him as a big time KR...replacing El....w/o much dropoff....

nicesteel4life
07-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I think Reid is the sleeper....all the attention is on Holmes...but this kid can FLY....

Yup Yup Reid reminds me a little of Hines Ward when he was drafted, they never thought him as a number 1 but he kept persistant and NOW look..

Omar will also have a strong camp. Sending a few other QB's Packing.

Holmes will also have a good camp once he gets his legal problems done, BUT I think he will be behind Reid, by the end of camp.

section514
07-10-2006, 09:28 AM
yah, id go with reid too, i haven't seen his name in the paper since he got drafted, thats the way I like it,

if I was drafted into the NFL, you better believe that I would lock my self into my house

I mean come on, if your drafted into the NFL, you'll get women, so just have them come over to my house, make the party come to me!

lilyoder6
07-10-2006, 09:35 AM
i like the 49er's pick with vernon davis.. he was so goo d in college and he speed for a tight end is insane, one of the fastest ppl at the combine. he will be a huge playmaker for them this year and the upcoming years.. also i like the pick of micheal robinson(huge penn state fan) he is a multi-talented athelete...sinced evry where he played at penn state he started at a dif pos.. like rb to wr and then to QB.. good pick

section514
07-10-2006, 09:49 AM
i like the 49er's pick with vernon davis.. he was so goo d in college and he speed for a tight end is insane, one of the fastest ppl at the combine. he will be a huge playmaker for them this year and the upcoming years.. also i like the pick of micheal robinson(huge penn state fan) he is a multi-talented athelete...sinced evry where he played at penn state he started at a dif pos.. like rb to wr and then to QB.. good pick
i thought this was about steelers draft picks? i dunno I thought threads in the Pittsburgh Steelers section were about the pittsburgh steelers :chair:

but Robinson will never play QB, maybe a return guy or possible randel el type WR.

I dont care about who the other team gets, I am only worried about the black and gold

Mosca
07-10-2006, 10:17 AM
I like Reid, and I also like Harris. I really like them all, but those are the two whom I think are sleepers.

This is one of the most exciting times of the year; it's almost like the days running up to football Christmas, wondering what the rookie "gifts" will be; which of them will do what it takes to make the team? Who has matured and developed the most, in between the end of college/combine and the start of camp? Who has taken the playbook and learned it front to back, learned the lessons of pro footwork and pro blocking and pro coverage styles? Who has enough raw talent, compared to the guys already on the team, to make it even though he hasn't learned that stuff yet but most definitely will eventually?

Man, I love it.

Tom

Big D
07-10-2006, 10:23 AM
I think its going to be reid. He is a great special teams player. I think he will be our fill in for randle el

Stillers#1
07-10-2006, 12:53 PM
I gotta go with Humes, I'm sorry but I still think this guy was a steal. He will end up being better than LenDale. I have been thinking about how we can replace El....two words, white boy, ERIC CROUCH!! LOL....I wonder if he would condsider it.

Big D
07-10-2006, 12:58 PM
is tommie frazier available?

Stillers#1
07-10-2006, 01:06 PM
is tommie frazier available?

Isn't he in the CFL?

Big D
07-10-2006, 01:41 PM
actually hes coaching a division 3 college in my home state of south dakota. No lie

Big D
07-10-2006, 01:50 PM
the name of the college is doane university just in case any of you were wondering

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 03:20 PM
We care about Frazier? :) He was a never was, never will be.

Koopa
07-10-2006, 03:31 PM
my favorites are Orien Harris because if he pans out, i get to hear irvin say DA U, willie ried cause he's fast and is gonna make everyone forget about overrated ass punt returner antwan "f'k beating the pats here you go hines oops" randel el, and Cedric Humes cause he's fat like bettis

Big D
07-10-2006, 03:50 PM
We care about Frazier? :) He was a never was, never will be.
can you sense sarcasm? this was a joke junior

SteelerFanInCA
07-10-2006, 03:55 PM
I like this Reid guy. Hopefully he pans out. :football:

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 04:30 PM
Junior? actually I was being sarcastic as well.(note the smiley) I am 38 how old are you?

Big D
07-10-2006, 04:54 PM
as i said i'm not going to waste my time with you. If you have any more further to say to me you can pm me.

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 05:03 PM
But yet you still reply snert!

lilyoder6
07-10-2006, 05:27 PM
oh... :banging: sry about that..

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 05:41 PM
blank

SteelCzar76
07-10-2006, 07:10 PM
I wish i could say Lendale White. LOL (WEEESSSIIIDE,..FIGHT ON). But since i can't i'll have say it's a toss up Between Omar, Santonio and Mike Kudla. I know Kudla wasn't drafted but i think he'll end up being a far better fit at Linebacker for us than ANY of our current backups. YES and that includes silverback (Harrison),....yeah i said it,...LOL. I'm really looking forward to seeing Omar play in the preseason,..his game was crazy in college.. and i've never liked Batch. He was garbage folder in Detroit and not much better with us,.except now he's a little more FRAGILE.

"Hail Caesar,....Hail The Black and Gold"

Elvis
07-11-2006, 06:01 PM
First of all slashsteel... You sound like your 8 instead of 38... how immature can you get?...
This is Steelers chat and that is pretty much what you and everyone of us should be talking about...
I just hope we dont get to see QB Omar this year or for a few years atleast not in the regular season unless we are way ahead in the game, and we probably still wont' see him this year as long as Batch is around...
God Bless
Elvis

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Ok people, time to get this thread back on track. Go to your neutral corners everyone, come out talking draft picks, not personal knocks.

Carry on :cool:

Elvis
07-13-2006, 06:01 PM
sorry... just sounded like this guy was just gettin' carried away and needed to settle down. I agree..I know many people dont think that much of Batch but he is a veteran with experience.. we need that behind any starter..
God Bless..
Elvis

Acy18
07-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I wish it was LenDale White as well. Except for that 4th and 2 stop in the Rose Bowl he was unstoppable. And the Patriots got a heck of a player in TE David thomas from Texas, we will be a good one.

My verdict is still out on Holmes, especailly after the two arrests. And when I met him at a card show in Houston after the draft I waited unitl I was the lst one in line to get his signature so I could talk to him, and he wasn't the nicest guy around. My GF (who loved El) told him she wanted him to take over El's spot and that she was glad the Steelers drafted him and he just didn't say anything and just kind of looked at her stupidly. I actaully talked wiht his agent/rep ther more than i talked wiht Santonio.

I like Reid and Omar to suprise some people. I read an article after the draft about Omar might be a Matt Schaub-like commodity in a couple of years. Humes also seems to have some quality upside.