PDA

View Full Version : world cup head butt

section514
07-10-2006, 08:02 AM
does anyone have a video of Zidane head butting that dude? that might have been the only exciting thing that I noticed

BengalBrian
07-10-2006, 08:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOGL9y-ggVU&search=World%20Cup%20Head%20Butt

That was one hell of a cheap shot.. Possibly lost them the game since he got redcarded

That player also is retiring.. That was the end of his career... Headbutting someone in the world cup game, getting kicked out and then losing

83-Steelers-43
07-10-2006, 08:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am4q6jEJi4A&search=Zidane%20headbutt - Dumb move on Zidane's part.

BlackNGold203
07-10-2006, 08:30 AM
MAN!!!

talk about losing your cool in the heat of battle!!!

:dang: :dang: :dang:

lilyoder6
07-10-2006, 08:31 AM
he was one of there best players and the best pk on the team..

BlackNGold203
07-10-2006, 08:33 AM
he was one of there best players and the best pk on the team..

He may have been their "most skilled" player....but in my humble opinion...your "best player" responds under pressure...and doesnt crew his team by doing something dumb

lilyoder6
07-10-2006, 08:42 AM
yea i know it was tupid of him.. but oh well

83-Steelers-43
07-10-2006, 08:44 AM
yea i know it was tupid of him.. but oh well

I'm sure the Frenchie's and a few teammates are not as forgiving....:sofunny:

section514
07-10-2006, 08:53 AM
that would be like Jerome throwin haymakers

83-Steelers-43
07-10-2006, 08:58 AM
that would be like Jerome throwin haymakers

More like Ben throwing haymakers in the Super Bowl....

Hawk Believer
07-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Now you re-live the headbutt experience in this game....

http://addictinggames.com/zidaneheadbuttgame.html

SteelerDan43
07-13-2006, 08:08 PM
After hearing what the Italian player said to him he should of done more than head butt him, just adding to the bad reputation of Italian soccer.

83-Steelers-43
07-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Because Zidane's word is as good as gold, right?

SteelCityMan786
07-13-2006, 08:34 PM
That was not necessary. Zedane needs to realize that he doesn't need to prove he is some tough guy. He was one of the reason they got this far. He did something stupid, and his team went down with him.

83-Steelers-43
07-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Personally, If I'm in a World Cup game, words are not going to effect me.

Then again, I was not on the field standing next to Zidane, so I don't know what was said. That's why I'm not passing judgement.

SteelerDan43
07-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Both Zidane and the BBC have the same story, if some one wishes death on your mother and family repeatedly, they are asking to get knocked out. Just reinforces the Italian Soccer rep as a bunch of crooked dirty players. Dont forget the red card in the USA game too

83-Steelers-43
07-13-2006, 09:20 PM
And once again, I was not on the field. As for the BBC, there's a trusty news station. lol.

83-Steelers-43
07-13-2006, 09:21 PM
That was not necessary. Zedane needs to realize that he doesn't need to prove he is some tough guy. He was one of the reason they got this far. He did something stupid, and his team went down with him.

I agree. He cost his team the game. I feel no pitty. I think the majority of us have played a organized, physical sport at some point in time in our lives. I can't count how many times I have heard trash talking on the field or on the ice. Example: Your mother (insert insult here). It's part of the game. The trick is not biting on the bait. Zidane bit and he bit hard and ended up costing his team. If anything, I tip my hat to Materazzi for being able to bait Zidane.

SteelerDan43
07-14-2006, 02:23 PM
there is a difference between calling some one a name and wishing death on someone, that goes over the line

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 03:20 PM
They were both running their mouths.

I'd like to know what St. Zidane said to Materazzi.

Shhhhh.....we just want to focus on one side. :rolleyes:

Eitherway, words are words. Baiting is part of team sports. If you can't handle it, I suggest tennis or golf.

SteelerDan43
07-14-2006, 03:44 PM
There is this thing called good sportsmanship and thats not part of it. But thats right playing the game the right way isnt cool. multiple top level teams from Italy were just sent down to the second league due to multiple match fixing and bogus ref assignment scandals. Thats why its a disgrace to have Italy has the World Cup Champs. The country itself is ok but the soccer program is a bunch of bums, racists, and plain crooked guys.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Baiting is part of sports. That's all it comes down to in my book. You call it bad sportsmanship (as if headbutting a player in the chest is not), I call it part of sport. To each their own. :bouncy:

BlackNGold203
07-14-2006, 04:33 PM
Baiting is part of sports. That's all it comes down to in my book. You call it bad sportsmanship (as if headbutting a player in the chest is not), I call it part of sport. To each their own. :bouncy:

You HAVE TO keep your composure...trash talking is just that...trash...focus...perform....this dude lost it...and probably the cup...for his team and country

SteelerDan43
07-14-2006, 06:58 PM
IMO and in my experiences people that talk trash are bums that usually cant back it up. Shut your mouth get out there and play. Whooping the hell out of the other team is good enough. Ask Troy or Fitzy in AZ. No need to talk trash, just makes you looks stupid.

shimmysteelerfan
07-14-2006, 07:05 PM
i heard he gave zidane a purple nurple too!! props to zidane for not taking any shit.....i would do the same thing.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 07:24 PM
You HAVE TO keep your composure...trash talking is just that...trash...focus...perform....this dude lost it...and probably the cup...for his team and country

My thoughts exactly. I've seen Mario Lemieux talk trash. I've seen Hines Ward talk trash. I've seen high profile and well respected athletes talk trash in all sports. The idiots are the ones who take the bait and cost their team. Like I said..........tennis or golf. :smile:

It's still odd to me that some automatically know what was said on that field (as if it matters). Were they standing next to both players? It's a joke.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 07:34 PM
By the way, I also recall Troy losing it last season and costing this team 15 yards. Anybody else remember that? When he shoved the ball into the face of an opposing player. Was it a dumb move? Sure. He was baited and he took the bait. It's part of the game. Who knows what was said and done? Doesn't matter though. Somebody baited him and he took it. Hopefully he learned from it and realized that talking trash (no matter how harsh) is part of the game. Maybe baseball, tennis or golf is more "proper" for some.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 07:51 PM
Hell, while we are it.............

I've seen............

Michael Jordan talk trash

Jack Lambert talk trash

Jerome Bettis talk trash

Wayne Gretzky talk trash

Mohammed Ali talk trash (I must be kidding right?!?!!?)

So we covered two of the greatest and most respected hockey players of all time. We covered the greatest and most respected basketball player of all time. We covered one of the greatest LB's in NFL history. We covered one of the greatest RB's in NFL history. We covered one of the greatest boxers of all time. The list can easily go on.

I can see it now......................

Jack Lambert: "Well Mr. Poop head, I'm just going to come over there and tackle your little behind."

Roger Staubach: "Well you just try Mr. Pee pee head!!!"

Gimme a break.

Hawk Believer
07-14-2006, 09:32 PM
There is this thing called good sportsmanship and thats not part of it. But thats right playing the game the right way isnt cool. multiple top level teams from Italy were just sent down to the second league due to multiple match fixing and bogus ref assignment scandals. Thats why its a disgrace to have Italy has the World Cup Champs. The country itself is ok but the soccer program is a bunch of bums, racists, and plain crooked guys.
One thing I was glad to learn was that none of the players were ever accused as being part of the scandal. It was all team officials buying out referees to steer the games in certain directions. So the system was corrupt for sure, but at least the players weren't throwing games.

CantStop85
07-14-2006, 11:09 PM
If you play international soccer, you're going to hear some of the worst things imaginable on a daily basis. It probably would've been even worse had America made the finals. Soccer's an intense sport...the fans and players are crazy.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm confused here...........are we talking about the Italy scandal (did that win them the World Cup?) or are we talking about Zidane taking the bait and losing the cup for his team?

Call me crazy, but going by the title of the thread, I thought we were talking about Zidane's bonehead move?

Hawk Believer
07-14-2006, 11:19 PM
If you play international soccer, you're going to hear some of the worst things imaginable on a daily basis. It probably would've been even worse had America made the finals. Soccer's an intense sport...the fans and players are crazy.
When the US plays in Mexico City, the crowds have repeatedly chanted Osama Bin Laden's name.

83-Steelers-43
07-14-2006, 11:23 PM
Right........and that's why I cheer against Mexico. At the same time, I don't plan on headbutting a Mexican fan anytime soon nor would I chant a certain terrorists name because they bombed Mexico. Scumbags basically who have nothing going for them in life so they would rather blame us instead of their own screwed up country. I just realize that their goverment is screwing them over and that they can only wish they can live and prosper in this country. I've seen Mexico (outside and inside the tourist areas) and it's pretty pathetic.

Then again, we are talking about players/teams and not fans. Big difference there.

Hawk Believer
07-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Then again, we are talking about players/teams and not fans. Big difference there.
Very true. I like to think that if a crowd in the US was doing something that egregious that the players would call them out on it though.

83-Steelers-43
07-15-2006, 12:00 AM
Very true. I like to think that if a crowd in the US was doing something that egregious that the players would call them out on it though.

First off, I can't imagine US fans chanting and praising some terrorists name after bombing one of the biggest cities in Mexico. Once again......some blame us for their own countries screw ups. South of the border is a perfect example. I visited that country in 1994 and I will never give that country another cent from my wallet.

F-Mexico.

83-Steelers-43
07-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Still trying to figure out why they chanted Bin Laden when all they want supposedly is to live in this country.

83-Steelers-43
07-15-2006, 09:23 AM
Maybe tennis...golf isn't safe anymore.

"I hope you brought a towel and some sunscreen, 'cause you're never gonna make it off that beach! Just like you never made it in the NHL, you JACKASS!"

:sofunny: