PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Interview Haley *Updated*

6RingsAndCounting
01-31-2012, 04:56 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/steelers-interview-former-chiefs-coach-todd-haley-for-offensive-coordinator-position/2012/01/31/gIQAAujlfQ_story.html

PITTSBURGH ó The Pittsburgh Steelers have interviewed former Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley for the teamís vacant offensive coordinator position.

Haley, fired by the Chiefs in December, met with Pittsburgh coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday.

The Steelers need to replace Bruce Arians, who was not retained. Arians was hired to the same position by the Indianapolis Colts on Monday. Pittsburgh finished 12th in the NFL in yards in 2011 but just 21st in points scored.

The 45-year-old Haley went 19-26 in two-plus seasons with the Chiefs, leading them to the 2010 AFC West title.

Haley spent 10 seasons as an assistant before being hired by Kansas City. He was offensive coordinator for Arizona in 2007-08, helping lead the Cardinals to their only Super Bowl appearance.

Moderator Edit:

Haley interviews, unlikely to get Arians' job

Former Kansas City Chiefs coach Todd Haley, an Upper St. Clair native, is the latest candidate to interview for the Steelers' vacant offensive coordinator position. But the possibility of him being hired to replace Bruce Arians seems remote.

Haley, the son of former Steelers personnel director Dick Haley, was at the South Side facility Tuesday to meet with coach Mike Tomlin -- an interview uncharacteristically announced on the team's website.

Haley is the second former head coach to interview for the position. Former Indianapolis Colts coach Jim Caldwell was at the Steelers facility Saturday. Caldwell never was offered the position and agreed Monday to become the Baltimore Ravens quarterbacks coach.

Haley's interview was something of a surprise because he has a reputation for not getting along with players and coaches. He was the offensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals when they lost against the Steelers in Super Bowl XLIII.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12032/1207231-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1l6xojJ5h

MDSteel15
01-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Isn't Haley from the 'burgh? :popcorn:

6RingsAndCounting
01-31-2012, 05:07 PM

He was a Steelers ball boy at one point in time.

Rick5895
01-31-2012, 05:28 PM

His father was also director of player personal from 71-90.

CA Black & Gold
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Enough said, he's hired

TRH
01-31-2012, 06:03 PM
He's originally from Upper St Clair.

This is some serious s*** and a big deal. He could very well get this job.

steelerchad
01-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Hire this guy. Lots of experience. The resume is pretty good.

Bayz101
01-31-2012, 06:19 PM
I've always like the idea of Haley.

TomlinsThorn
01-31-2012, 06:36 PM
I like this a lot. Hailey seems to be a fiery competitor who expects the best out of his players. This would be fun to watch!!

Fire Arians
01-31-2012, 06:37 PM
definitely an upgrade over arians and he knows how to use his weapons. hire the man

my only worry about him is he only gave the ball to jamaal charles like 12x a game when he was averaging over 7 yards a carry. Though I wonder if part of that is due to charles being a smaller back and probably less durable than the typical rb who can chuck it 20+ times

FrancoLambert
01-31-2012, 06:51 PM
The pickings are slim now. He is clearly the best of what's left. He's not an in-house hire; he brings a new set of eyes. He has the reputation of being a "prick" and if that means accountable, I like it. He might be able to light Ben's fire, a new playbook........sounds good. Who's left with more offensive experience?

BKAnthem
01-31-2012, 07:09 PM
only Available OC left to interview is Hue Jackson right, no mention of Clements at all?

wyn50
I think he is not a good head coach but good coordinator. Much like Kevin Gilbride and Wade Phillips. Definitely an upgrade from Arians.

StainlessStill
I'm hearing through tweets that Haley's interview went very good and he was offered the position. Not sure how accurate that is though.

Fire Arians
01-31-2012, 07:14 PM
I'm hearing through tweets that Haley's interview went very good and he was offered the position. Not sure how accurate that is though.

had a feeling he was gonna be the guy after they brought him up for an interview, we'll see

Millers the sh!t
01-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Bring him on man! Next couple of years are gonna be exciting! Can't wait to see what we become, and can't wait to see what happens in redzone situations. Hopefully more 6's and less 3's and hopefully less getting sacked out of the 3 range.

Bayz101
01-31-2012, 07:34 PM
I think he'd be good as long as his maturity isn't a factor. He made quite a fool of himself several time's throughout his career, and besides Warner, he hasn't really done anything at all productive. I think he's a good coordinator, but i'm hoping Tomlin see's that he's ready before he hires him.

ETL
01-31-2012, 08:07 PM
I don't know much about his Xs and Os but from what I can read on his personality, it looks like he won't take sh*t from anyone.

I like Haley as the OC based on this as I think Ben needs someone to enforce some discipline on him. Ben likes people like Arians and Fitchner because he controls them and he gets to run around looking to make plays for highlight reels (and getting sacked in the process). Ben needs someone to say - "throw the g*ddamn ball!" and I think Haley will do just that.

Edman
01-31-2012, 08:31 PM
The Steelers better fire the shot now. Haley is the best of a slim group of coaches. He's got the resume and the results of turning around offenses. Resurrected Kurt Warner's Career a little and made the Cardinals into one of the premier offenses in the league for his stint there.

Haley wasn't a great Head Coach, but has proven he's damn good coordinator who takes charge and gets the most of his personnel. Some are just better off coordinating than coaching. Haley is a hothead, but one who takes charge, takes no crap and (hopefully) will kick this Offenses' ass in gear. The Steelers need an Offensive guy who will not be Ben's ego-stroking BFF and actually spur him to do better.

Get it done, Tomlin.

Sharkissle29
01-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Can Haley chalk up a nice screen? Haven't seen one of those in awhile, and no, i didnt mean a bubble screen.

NoFieldFive
01-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Haley will likely add some fire to a normally quiet sideline.

OX1947
01-31-2012, 09:41 PM
I am not saying this because I'm a Steelers fan or that I am on a Steelers forum. But if there is one fan base in sports, that seem to have the same thoughts as their teams organization, it's the Steelers fan.

We sense things going wrong or not going as well as it should, and we identify it quickly and are pretty accurate. The offensive situation the last few years seems to be an issue that isn't just a problem to, we the fans, have had. The Rooney's gave it a shot, it didnt work and are now addressing it. Whether you agree or disagree with the Arians thing, you can not deny that the Rooney's did give it a chance. Unfortunately, it was just not working.

The Steelers have a franchise quarterback who come around very few times in teams existence. For the Steelers, twice in 88 years to be exact. So, rather then wasting time, let's get someone in here to fix the offense to fulfill its full potential. You have 3 stud receivers, stud TE and a very good pair of running backs with a Pro Bowl Qb. How the hell are you not scoring in the red zone?! These are common sense questions. There is no excuse for it.

I think interviewing Todd Haley shows that the Steelers are looking for the best OC out there. Haley also has ties to the Steelers with his pops. He may be a bit on the hot headed side, but maybe that's what Big Ben needs now. Someone to slap him in the face and tell him to stop holding the ball for 45 secs.

Fire Arians
01-31-2012, 09:54 PM
hey bill cowher was a hot headed coach and i think he did alright. i think haley will be a good fit in pittsburgh. we could use someone on the coaching staff with some intensity, he can't be worse than arians for sure

Bayz101
01-31-2012, 09:57 PM
To be honest, I though our offense was more explosive last year, and the numbers back that thought. Not sure what happened to change that this year. I'm assuming it's the reason we're interviewing offensive coordinator candidates? But it surely wasn't all Bruce's fault, we went the entire year without our starting lineman in a game as a squad...I suspect with a fresh offensive mindset provided by our new coordinator, and the Return of Willie Colon, things will immediately improve.

Bayz101
01-31-2012, 10:00 PM
hey bill cowher was a hot headed coach and i think he did alright. i think haley will be a good fit in pittsburgh. we could use someone on the coaching staff with some intensity, he can't be worse than arians for sure

Ben on new coach Tomlin in '07:

"I think it's great to have someone who isn't yelling at us all the time".

Looks like Benny Wenny may have a hissy fit :chuckle:

It's cool. He's paid plenty, he'll live.

6RingsAndCounting
01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Ben on new coach Tomlin in '07:

"I think it's great to have someone who isn't yelling at us all the time".

Looks like Benny Wenny may have a hissy fit :chuckle:

It's cool. He's paid plenty, he'll live.

He's tough enough to play through injuries, he should be tough enough to handle yelling.

Bayz101
01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
He's tough enough to play through injuries, he should be tough enough to handle yelling.

You'd think? He's spoiled I tell 'ya :flap:

6RingsAndCounting
01-31-2012, 10:22 PM
You'd think? He's spoiled I tell 'ya :flap:

Tell ya what, I wish I was talented enough to be that spoiled!

PhantomJB93
01-31-2012, 10:26 PM
Three things about Haley to take into consideration:

1. He uses a fullback in his ground attack. Not a hybrid fullback, an actual fullback. He used Dan Kreider in Arizona, used Leonard Pope in KC, and just last offseason went out and snagged LeRon Mcclain form the Ratbirds for the Chiefs. While he didn't have much to work with in AZ, his use of fullbacks is certainly a reason why the Chiefs have been so good on the ground.

2. He runs by committee. While Jamaal Charles certainly saw his share of work due to his immense talent, Thomas Jones and even Dexter Mccluster were never denied their share of carries. With Mendy being so erratic, I know a lot of people have been campaigning for this.

3. He knows how to get in the endzone. Rankings of Todd Haley-run or HC'd offenses in the redzone since 2007: 3, 6, 25 (first year as KC HC), and 8. KC went on to finish dead last once Haley was gone this year but they weren't as bad before his firing and he had injuries to his star offensive players at the start of the season. With the exception of 2009, when he was getting used to being a HC on a new team, that's pretty damn good, compared to what we're used to.

I will gladly take on a guy with some "attitude problems" to get those things in Pittsburgh. I mean, it's not like we're hiring him as HC or GM. How bad can he possibly be as an OC in this organization?

TRH
01-31-2012, 10:29 PM
I will welcome someone with some attitude and passion.

One of the things that drove me crazy this year was Arians, LeBeau, and even Tomlin at times looking like walking zombies, deer-in-headlights with zero emotion. Think thats sorely missing right now.

TRH
01-31-2012, 10:31 PM
If he's the one who gets hired, i would expect word, if not tonight late...tomorrow at the latest. If they are that interested, they 'll make a movie quick before he goes somewhere else.
Other teams have been hiring and announcing it the day of or day after the interview.

BossAus
01-31-2012, 10:42 PM
He seems like a good fit. He helped Cassel overachieve while the Chiefs also had an excellent run game in place in 2010 with a healthy Jamaal Charles and year younger Thomas Jones. His regime would fit what the Rooney's are looking for in the offense.

Bayz101
01-31-2012, 11:06 PM
Cassel had the benefit of sitting behind Brady, and when he came in to fill in for him, he developed his reputation. That rep carried him to KC. Look at what the Packers backup did recently, and hell, look at Aaron Rodgers. These are all guys who sat on the bench behind a franchise quarterback and became successful on their own in the long run. I guess my point is, Haley was put in a good situation in most of his jobs.

Kurt Warner at Arizona and Matt Cassel with Kansas City. Now he's being put into another good situation here in Pittsburgh, and if he's hired, I think he'll do well. Put him with Browns and he's screwed though :chuckle:

Steelboy84
01-31-2012, 11:20 PM
We need to fix the O-line first. You could hire Norv Turner (a great playcaller) and it still wouldn't matter. Still in all, if the line is fixed, as long as you have Ben and that D, you'll compete for a SB year in and year out.

StainlessStill
02-01-2012, 01:58 AM
Small word has it with the littler chirps on Twitter that the Steelers are going through contract details with Haley and are waiting to announce their decision within the next couple days and anoint Haley. The organization didn't want the Butler story to be pushed to the side with them announcing his return and didn't want to release statements on top of one another.

This is all rumor but it's consistent.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Small word has it with the littler chirps on Twitter that the Steelers are going through contract details with Haley and are waiting to announce their decision within the next couple days and anoint Haley. The organization didn't want the Butler story to be pushed to the side with them announcing his return and didn't want to release statements on top of one another.

This is all rumor but it's consistent.

Thanks for that. Don't worry, i'm taking it lightly. I'll just murder you if your wrong, that's all. No pressure :chuckle::rofl:

OX1947
02-01-2012, 02:12 AM
We need to fix the O-line first. You could hire Norv Turner (a great playcaller) and it still wouldn't matter. Still in all, if the line is fixed, as long as you have Ben and that D, you'll compete for a SB year in and year out.

Steelers addressed 2/5 on the line with Gilbert and Pouncey in consecutive drafts. Pretty good job addressing the issues. Gilbert's natural position is LT too, I don't know if they will move him there next year if they do not bring back Starks. Maybe move Starks back to RT and then move Gilbert to LT. If that can happen, 3 of the 5 is taken care of. Steelers need to get rid of Kemo first and foremost. Not only for money purposes but brain dead purposes. Good guards are available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If Haley is hired, look for him to be a little more creative in using the run game and creating plays that do not leave Big Ben back tracking right after the snap. NFL is a game of adjustments. You adjust when your have a deficiency, you don't just roll with it and hope it works.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 02:17 AM
I've edited a recent article into the first post to avoid more threads on this topic. It's a new development, feel free to check it out.

StainlessStill
02-01-2012, 02:25 AM
What does Dulac really know? If the Steelers announced that Tomlin met with Haley, then maybe that's actually a sign of Haley being hired? Like an announcement before the announcement?

I'm hearing all kinds of stuff. Not sure what the hell is going on. I just wish we'd announce someone already, get this thing on the road!

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 02:29 AM
What does Dulac really know? If the Steelers announced that Tomlin met with Haley, then maybe that's actually a sign of Haley being hired? Like an announcement before the announcement?

I'm hearing all kinds of stuff. Not sure what the hell is going on. I just wish we'd announce someone already, get this thing on the road!

Dulac usually doesn't say anything unless he's sure of it, but this sounds like nothing but an opinion. Not sure what he really knows :noidea:

Wallace108
02-01-2012, 02:52 AM
Dulac usually doesn't say anything unless he's sure of it, but this sounds like nothing but an opinion. Not sure what he really knows :noidea:

I'm leaning toward that just being Dulac's opinion. He says that it "seems remote." And it appears that he's basing his opinion on Haley's reputation. But the Steelers knew about his reputation before they brought him in for an interview, so I don't think that would automatically disqualify him.

PhantomJB93
02-01-2012, 03:20 AM
That just seems weird. He titles it "unlikely to get job" and says "seems remote" but gives absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support those statements, just mentioning the fact that he has a "history of not getting along"

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 03:26 AM
That just seems weird. He titles it "unlikely to get job" and says "seems remote" but gives absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support those statements, just mentioning the fact that he has a "history of not getting along"

Yeah, Dulac's usually spot-on with his judgement, but this seems like his opinion, rather than a hunch. I'm pretty sure he's the one who said Bruce would likely be gone just a few days after Tomlin said he'd be back, and everyone got on his case then, so i'll just wait and see.

Wallace108
02-01-2012, 03:37 AM
Reporters generally don't write their own headlines. I'm guessing an editor read the lede (where Dulac says Haley's hiring "seems remote") and interpreted it to mean that the hiring was "unlikely." It wouldn't be the first time an editor's headline didn't accurately reflect what the reporter meant. :chuckle:

StainlessStill
02-01-2012, 03:45 AM
I think Haley would be the right addition to this offense. If the Steelers wanted a buddy-buddy coach, then they would have kept Arian's and worked hard on our weakness's. Instead, Rooney wanted a change and a chance to go outside of the organization and was "excited to move forward" with our team. Haley is the perfect candidate where we can move forward, but understand the roots of what this team wants and needs to do. I think Haley understands the culture of Pittsburgh more-so than any other candidate.

former RB
02-01-2012, 04:36 AM
I saw every team in the league experimenting with the spread offense this year. I'll be watching the draft to see if the number of Wr's being drafted is unusually high this year. Teams are going to try to find 4 good WR's to run the spread.

Naturally , teams are going to gravitate to the 4-3 defense to defend the spread. You have to be able to get to the QB with 4 down lineman, and use 6 to defend the pass. And use your middle LB sideline to sideline.

Running backs are becoming a dinosaur nowadays. The new OC should excel at beating the 4-3 since he is going to see it every week.

Todd Haley has football coaching experience in the age of the 3-4. He coached offense in the 2000's decade. He doesn't have much experience designing plays to beat a 4-3. When he was a head coach, he liked his defense to use a 3-4.

Old OC's would come in handy nowadays. 4-3 was a 70's, 80's and 90's defense.

Haley just might nto have a real good grasp on beating a 4-3 because he spent so much of his coaching life scheming to beat the 3-4, and I don't expect to see more than a few 3-4 defenses this year and in the forseeable future.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 04:38 AM
I saw every team in the league experimenting with the spread offense this year. I'll be watching the draft to see if the number of Wr's being drafted is unusually high this year. Teams are going to try to find 4 good WR's to run the spread.

Naturally , teams are going to gravitate to the 4-3 defense to defend the spread. You have to be able to get to the QB with 4 down lineman, and use 6 to defend the pass. And use your middle LB sideline to sideline.

Running backs are becoming a dinosaur nowadays. The new OC should excel at beating the 4-3 since he is going to see it every week.

Todd Haley has football coaching experience in the age of the 3-4. He coached offense in the 2000's decade. He doesn't have much experience designing plays to beat a 4-3. When he was a head coach, he liked his defense to use a 3-4.

Old OC's would come in handy nowadays. 4-3 was a 70's, 80's and 90's defense.

Haley just might nto have a real good grasp on beating a 4-3 because he spent so much of his coaching life scheming to beat the 3-4, and I don't expect to see more than a few 3-4 defenses this year and in the forseeable future.

Our QB coach Randy Finchtner brought the spread offense to Memphis, however.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 05:41 AM
Steelers interviewed Tom Clements as well?

http://ewallstreeter.com/report-steelers-to-interview-todd-haley-and-tom-clements-for-offensive-coordinator-position-8702/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 05:42 AM
Steelers plan to interview three candidates:

Clements
Haley
Finchtner

Millers the sh!t
02-01-2012, 05:48 AM
To be honest, I though our offense was more explosive last year, and the numbers back that thought. Not sure what happened to change that this year. I'm assuming it's the reason we're interviewing offensive coordinator candidates? But it surely wasn't all Bruce's fault, we went the entire year without our starting lineman in a game as a squad...I suspect with a fresh offensive mindset provided by our new coordinator, and the Return of Willie Colon, things will immediately improve.

I liked our O better last year. Bird brain arians actually started running the ball in the redzone instead of having Ben try throwing it 3 times then kick a fg. Too bad it took almost the whole season for that to start taking affect. I was hoping it would have rolled over into this previous season but it didn't.

StainlessStill
02-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Steelers plan to interview three candidates:

Clements
Haley
Finchtner

As I expected. Like I said earlier, I'd take any 3 of these guys. I'm leaning more towards a fresh start with Pittsburgh roots and going out of the organization. I think the time is NOW to take that chance and look onto some bigger and better opportunities and working relationships.

TRH
02-01-2012, 11:08 AM
i expect them to move VERY quickly here. At least 2 of the 3 could sign a job offer with someone else immediately, i think thats why other teams are interviewing and getting the deal done immediately.

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
i expect them to move VERY quickly here. At least 2 of the 3 could sign a job offer with someone else immediately, i think thats why other teams are interviewing and getting the deal done immediately.

haley and clements aren't going to stick around forever. if they plan to hire either of the two, they need to do it before someone else does

Pentheon
02-01-2012, 01:04 PM
I wouldnt mind haley at all, upgrade from arians

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Ed Bouchette and Gerry Dulac of the P-G both contend Todd Haley was given an interview that was made public as a courtesy, perhaps to help Haley rehab his image as being difficult to get along with, but that Haley is not likely to get the OC job

This from Dulac

They do think the world of Dick Haley, which is why I think they granted his son, Todd, an interview. Todd Haley has had a difficult time getting any interviews since he was fired by the Chiefs, and part of the problem is his reputation for being unable to get along with players and, more importantly, his fellow coaches. The Steelers, in my opinion, are merely doing Haley a favor, which is why I also think they announced his interview on their website. Since when did they ever do that? Did they announce on their website that they interviewed Jim Caldwell for the same position two days earlier? Of course not.

They want to help Haley get the ball rolling again, as a favor to his dad. At least, that's my opinion. Coaches who might know say Tomlin will not hire Todd Haley

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114673-gerry-dulacs-steelers-chat-transcript-2112

This from Bouchette

I would be surprised if he hired Todd Haley. Remember, they interviewed Chan Gailey for the job before Tomlin got it because Bill Cowher asked them to. It would be no stretch if they asked Tomlin as a favor to interview Haley, who was a Steelers ballboy and whose father was their longtime personnel director.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114663-ed-memories-of-super-bowl-lost-still-hurt

tanda10506
02-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I'd go with Clements, Haley seems like a smug a******. I would go with Finchtner if we can't get Clements.

DanRooney
02-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Ed Bouchette and Gerry Dulac of the P-G both contend Todd Haley was given an interview that was made public as a courtesy, perhaps to help Haley rehab his image as being difficult to get along with, but that Haley is not likely to get the OC job

This from Dulac

They do think the world of Dick Haley, which is why I think they granted his son, Todd, an interview. Todd Haley has had a difficult time getting any interviews since he was fired by the Chiefs, and part of the problem is his reputation for being unable to get along with players and, more importantly, his fellow coaches. The Steelers, in my opinion, are merely doing Haley a favor, which is why I also think they announced his interview on their website. Since when did they ever do that? Did they announce on their website that they interviewed Jim Caldwell for the same position two days earlier? Of course not.

They want to help Haley get the ball rolling again, as a favor to his dad. At least, that's my opinion. Coaches who might know say Tomlin will not hire Todd Haley

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114673-gerry-dulacs-steelers-chat-transcript-2112

This from Bouchette

I would be surprised if he hired Todd Haley. Remember, they interviewed Chan Gailey for the job before Tomlin got it because Bill Cowher asked them to. It would be no stretch if they asked Tomlin as a favor to interview Haley, who was a Steelers ballboy and whose father was their longtime personnel director.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/114663-ed-memories-of-super-bowl-lost-still-hurt

Good stuff :drink:

Clements please! :tt:

6RingsAndCounting
02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Aaron Rodgers wants Clements, so I think eventually he'll end up staying there

"I'm feeling a little selfish when it comes to Tom. I have a real good relationship with him. It's been a real good six years together. I want to keep it going. I think Tom deserves to take a jump though. I think it would be a seamless transition to have him as the offensive coordinator in Green Bay as Joe (Philbin) has moved on now."

ebsteelers
02-01-2012, 03:43 PM
i feel like at this rate they might as well hire me for a year at oc...

just let ben call the plays and i'll pick my nose on the side lines

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
i feel like at this rate they might as well hire me for a year at oc...

just let ben call the plays and i'll pick my nose on the side lines

yeah but can you do the 'deer in headlights' gaze whenever things go wrong? that's the ticket

TRH
02-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Good stuff :drink:

Clements please! :tt:

I'm kinda thinking that might be a possibility. If we were going to take on Haley....i figured it would have been announced by now. Other teams doing their interviews are announcing right away and we need someone in place yesterday to get prepared. If its not announced today, i would be surprised if it happens.

wyn50
02-03-2012, 06:43 PM
No matter who it is, steelers need to make a decision soon. Are they waiting for anyone on the Superbowl staffs?

TRH
02-03-2012, 06:54 PM
they don't have to wait.

They better move soon. If they're looking externally, all the good possibilities will be gone and we'll be left with the leftovers that nobody wants. Looks as if Haley's history. My guess at this point, though that could change, is that we're looking internally, possibly Fichtner.
I figured we would have a call on this by now.

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2012, 07:57 PM
they don't have to wait.

They better move soon. If they're looking externally, all the good possibilities will be gone and we'll be left with the leftovers that nobody wants. Looks as if Haley's history. My guess at this point, though that could change, is that we're looking internally, possibly Fichtner.
I figured we would have a call on this by now.

Maybe the plan is to bring Kevin Gilbride back:chuckle:

FrancoLambert
02-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Maybe the plan is to bring Kevin Gilbride back:chuckle::sofunny:

Still, it would be an improvement over what we had.

Heeeeeeeath
02-04-2012, 12:42 AM
Mike Sullivan (Giants QB coach) could be a darkhorse candidate, and they would likely have to wait until after the Super Bowl to interview him, so that is a possibility.

OX1947
02-04-2012, 05:22 PM
Just read on the NFL Network ticker Jim Zorn has been offered the offensive coordinator job in Pittsburgh. Anyone see this yet?

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Just read on the NFL Network ticker Jim Zorn has been offered the offensive coordinator job in Pittsburgh. Anyone see this yet?

Not yet - Zorn could not hold on to a job as the Ravens QB coach so Tomlin hiring him to replace Arians would make perfect sense

StainlessStill
02-04-2012, 05:48 PM
I can get behind Zorn, I really can. I think hiring outside of the organization is what is needed and Zorn is one of those coach's that clicks within the stability with his players. I'd like this signing.

StainlessStill
02-04-2012, 06:02 PM
That report is correct: Zorn is awaiting offer from Steelers. Here's the quick screen shot I tried to get on the ticker but it said in fact, it's Zorn if he doesn't accept the Chiefs QB coach job.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1187/zorn.png

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Well - i am awaiting an offer to pick up a winning Powerball ticket

Maybe this is the story to which the scroll refers:noidea:

NFL.com reported Saturday that Zorn will stay in Kansas City unless the Steelers approach him for their offensive coordinator job. This decision should serve the Chiefs well. Zorn had a good relationship with the quarterbacks last year and keeping him will ensure continuity.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/39603/daboll-takes-over-promising-cheifs-offense