PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought: trade Ben away for the first overall pick

DanRooney
02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm not saying this would ever happen or that I would be a proponent of it, but would you be willing to deal Ben away for Andrew Luck? Our quarterback has already voiced his opinion about how heartbroken he is about having his golfing buddy leave to Indianapolis so why not ship him out with him and, in return, receive their round draft pick. Or maybe a Ben+Mendenhall package deal for their 1st and 2nd. Just a few years ago, there wasn't too much of a backlash when we were rumored to trade away Ben for Asomugha and the Raiders first round pick.

TRH
02-01-2012, 08:18 AM
NO.

Besides...look how many of these so 1st rounders have been bombs beyond belief. Jamarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, etc, etc, etc.
We have an excellent franchise QB. We have extremely pressing needs on OL, DL, and defensive backfield.

You guys are also reading way too much into his comments about Arians. He's not "heartbroken". He said he'll miss the guy and would have liked to seen him stay. I would have said the same thing. His comments were no big deal and 2 steps below that, even.

60_MINUTES
02-01-2012, 08:21 AM
You want to trade away a HOF QB in his prime 2 time SB winner and took us to 3 SB in 6 years... Right please give me some of whatever you are smoking it has got to be good shit

steelfury02
02-01-2012, 08:21 AM
neh - I doubt the Colts would go for it either - that's a lot to give up for a guy that has 6 to 7 seasons left in him max.

harrison'samonster
02-01-2012, 08:26 AM
no, I'd prefer to see Ben finish out his career with the Steelers. I'm optimistic that with a new OC this offense can get back on track.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-01-2012, 09:21 AM
IF that offer was there, the Rooneys would take it.

I however do not want to trade Ben ever, and a new OC won't fix him, as he isn't broken.

The bext thing that happened is one of the OL coaches just signed with the Colts. Wait till they see what he does to an already weak line, lol.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-01-2012, 09:36 AM
Get of this website man haha, that is the most idiotic thing ive ever seen!!!! Why dont you just trade Polamalu for the 2nd overall pick too then.

Kanata-Steeler
02-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I think it's safe to say, that Ben stays, BUT, it'll be either Ben, or "Bust", in the next couple years -at the most !
If after that time period, ... well m? ya.

DanRooney
02-01-2012, 09:54 AM
neh - I doubt the Colts would go for it either - that's a lot to give up for a guy that has 6 to 7 seasons left in him max.

Probably not. But they seem to be taking a liking to our staff.

DanRooney
02-01-2012, 09:55 AM
IF that offer was there, the Rooneys would take it.

I however do not want to trade Ben ever, and a new OC won't fix him, as he isn't broken.

The bext thing that happened is one of the OL coaches just signed with the Colts. Wait till they see what he does to an already weak line, lol.

I think they would as well with all of the headaches Ben has given Dan and Art. But I'm in the same boat, I wouldn't want to trade Ben for anything but I wouldn't actually be upset at the same time if that's what we got in return.

FanSince72
02-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Maybe Ben needs to reined in a bit and made to be less of a maverick in the backfield, but he definitely has what it takes to lead this team and win more SB's and I for one don't want to see him going anywhere else.

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 11:49 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRX5DATPeRQobMfVhhMv_nZFPJ70q2t0 Fosyo43iQPLY1anSfA_

FrancoLambert
02-01-2012, 12:11 PM
Neither team would pull the trigger on this trade.

Steel Peon
02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
would you be willing to deal Ben away for Andrew Luck?
Hell no........but I'd trade him for Peyton Manning.

DanRooney
02-01-2012, 01:15 PM
Hell no........but I'd trade him for Peyton Manning.

That's something I would absolutely not do. Career choke artist, severe neck injury with maybe 3 years of play left if lucky, and his best years well behind him. That's why the Colts are willing to get rid of him in favor of Luck.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-01-2012, 01:18 PM
That would be stupid im already thinking that Andrew Luck will be bust cause of the hype

P.S you dont trade a QB that is proven for a QB that is unproven

VA_steeelrs
02-01-2012, 01:28 PM
i like the idea in concept, but that would be too good to be true for us. I think Indy would demand a lot more than just givong up Luck, such as a second rounder.
my concern is that Ben is so versted in the BA play calling schema that he would be reluctent to learn more.

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 01:30 PM
I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Luck ends up being another Ryan Leaf

StainlessStill
02-01-2012, 01:31 PM
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k635/kritterbox/facepalm_panda.gif

Darkstorm05
02-01-2012, 01:34 PM
1)Ben is not "In his prime". His prime got pounded out of him on the turf. I'm not saying he's over or done, but I do think he's getting too old to keep shrugging off the kind of beatings he's taken, and it WILL start to show. Eventually the concussion that ends his career will happen. There are plenty of young sports superstars who found that out.

2)There isn't a player on this team I wouldn't trade for the #1 overall. Yes, we have some great hall of fame players. Most of them are at least to the halfway point for their career. In a solid draft class, I take the chance on losing any single one to gain the #1 overall. One guy, even Ben, will not destroy this team.

That being said, Indy would be idiots to do this. Manning was the centerpiece of their team for a long time. If Luck lives up to the hype, he will do the same for them. What could Ben give them? 5 years of contending, IF he doesn't get too banged up. Or maybe one good helmet to helmet, and they're back where they are now?

ebsteelers
02-01-2012, 01:41 PM
why we dont trade the poster dan rooney, and dark storm 05 for a bag of skittles and a juice box...

seems like a a fair trade to me

pete74
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
i would do it in a second. i love ben and he is great but Luck will be just as good if not better and he is younger. with that said it will never happen so hopefully ben can win us another 2 super bowls before his time is up and we go back to starting horrible qb"s

Curtain_of_Steel
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM
Trade Ben for Peyton? LOL

Are you kidding me?

1st, off Peyton would say no way in hell I"m playing behind that Oline.
2nd, if he had no choice but to play here, he would not last 1 Q, he would be hit so much he would tap out like Ike did in the playoffs.

Peyton would not last here at all, his neck would be toast real quick.

MACH1
02-01-2012, 02:56 PM
why we dont trade the poster dan rooney, and dark storm 05 for a bag of skittles and a juice box...

I was thinking this would be more of a fair trade.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Box%20of%20Rocks.jpg

tanda10506
02-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes Ben is in his prime, no the Rooneys would not take that trade because they are not stupid, and hell no I wouldn't do it! Best case scenario you get someone as good as Ben, it's likely that you wont even get someone that good, and worst case scenario is you trad your SB champ playoff stud clutch QB for another Ryan Leaf.

DanRooney
02-01-2012, 03:07 PM

Just bringing up a discussion. No harm, no foul.

I stated in the beginning that I wouldn't do it but there are a few people in here that said they would.

Can you read well?

Steelerfreak58
02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Joo crazy mang.

ebsteelers
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Just bringing up a discussion. No harm, no foul.

I stated in the beginning that I wouldn't do it but there are a few people in here that said they would.

Can you read well?

someone have their feelings hurt?

guess you cant take a joke...

fine dan rooney the poster for a mcdonalds dinner? that better for ya big guy

:rofl:

ebsteelers
02-01-2012, 03:38 PM
I was thinking this would be more of a fair trade.

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/Box%20of%20Rocks.jpg

lmao

6RingsAndCounting
02-01-2012, 03:40 PM
no, but it's a fair question. I would say if it was after Ben's suspension, I might think about it, but now, not so much.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
You guys really going to sit around and bash the guy because he started a dicussion on a dicussion board? Come on now :chuckle:

No, I wouldn't trade Ben. That would be silly. There's always a chance that Andy Luck will turn out to be a bust, and i'm not sure the colts would even accept the trade?

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
the colts did us enough of a favor by hiring arians, i'd say we just leave them alone already lol

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah i'm liking them already, lol.

stb_steeler
02-01-2012, 04:43 PM
the colts did us enough of a favor by hiring arians, i'd say we just leave them alone already lol

There ya go!... End of story....:hatsoff:

BengalDestroyer
02-01-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm not saying this would ever happen or that I would be a proponent of it, but would you be willing to deal Ben away for Andrew Luck? Our quarterback has already voiced his opinion about how heartbroken he is about having his golfing buddy leave to Indianapolis so why not ship him out with him and, in return, receive their round draft pick. Or maybe a Ben+Mendenhall package deal for their 1st and 2nd. Just a few years ago, there wasn't too much of a backlash when we were rumored to trade away Ben for Asomugha and the Raiders first round pick.

NO!! Ben is the Man of Steel, I wouldn't trade him for 31 first round picks...(actually that would be a no brainer but....)

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 05:35 PM
NO!! Ben is the Man of Steel, I wouldn't trade him for 31 first round picks...(actually that would be a no brainer but....)

Well shit, I would :chuckle:

we could draft luck and our entirely new starting offensive line, defensive line, middle linebacker, and secondary lol

harrison'samonster
02-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Well shit, I would :chuckle:

we could draft luck and our entirely new starting offensive line, defensive line, middle linebacker, and secondary lol

we'd be able to afford a punter AND a place kicker in the first round. Let's go for it!

Millers the sh!t
02-01-2012, 07:26 PM
If I was Rooney I'd take that deal in a heart beat. I highly doubt the colts (or anyone) would trade the first round pick for a guy who is damaged goods. I think Ben has reached his peak and only has 2-3 good years left to play the way he does. If a OC comes in from outside the organization with a new playbook and language it's probably gonna take Ben 2 of his prime years to become comfortable with it.

I'd probably take the rams up for their first round pick if they offered.

I appreciate everything Ben has done for our team but, I was a Steelers fan before Ben, and I'll be one well after Ben. If we were to get our best trade for Ben, it would have to be this year, rather than age uanother year, another 45 sacks, broken toe/foot, snapped or torn tendons or whatever injuries that monster gets every.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 07:33 PM
If I was Rooney I'd take that deal in a heart beat. I highly doubt the colts (or anyone) would trade the first round pick for a guy who is damaged goods. I think Ben has reached his peak and only has 2-3 good years left to play the way he does. If a OC comes in from outside the organization with a new playbook and language it's probably gonna take Ben 2 of his prime years to become comfortable with it.

I'd probably take the rams up for their first round pick if they offered.

I appreciate everything Ben has done for our team but, I was a Steelers fan before Ben, and I'll be one well after Ben. If we were to get our best trade for Ben, it would have to be this year, rather than age uanother year, another 45 sacks, broken toe/foot, snapped or torn tendons or whatever injuries that monster gets every.

You've said twice already that your mad at Ben because his lack of throws to Miller, so it'll be really hard for me to take you seriously. The Colts probably would laugh at the deal, and the Rooney's would probably laugh at somebody for suggesting it. We're not a rebuilding team, why the hell would we trade out franchise quarterback? We just made the Super Bowl a year ago man. We can't make it to the Super Bowl every year??

BengalDestroyer
02-01-2012, 08:05 PM
we'd be able to afford a punter AND a place kicker in the first round. Let's go for it!

I knew I stuck my foot in my mouth on that one lol. but seriously, Ben is a Steeler for life

harrison'samonster
02-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I knew I stuck my foot in my mouth on that one lol. but seriously, Ben is a Steeler for life

Yeah, I agree, Ben's probably here for the rest of his career.

And as for Ben having trouble learning a new OC's plays, I'm sure any good coordinator will be able to work around that.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I agree, Ben's probably here for the rest of his career.

And as for Ben having trouble learning a new OC's plays, I'm sure any good coordinator will be able to work around that.

And i'm sure a man with a 100 million dollar contract would be willing to buckle down and learn the book :noidea:

As has been said several times throughout this process, this is a business. He'll learn what he needs to learn and be ready for next year regardless of his personal interest. I understand what he's given to this team as a player, but that's what he's being paid to do.

harrison'samonster
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM
And i'm sure a man with a 100 million dollar contract would be willing to buckle down and learn the book :noidea:

As has been said several times throughout this process, this is a business. He'll learn what he needs to learn and be ready for next year regardless of his personal interest. I understand what he's given to this team as a player, but that's what he's being paid to do.

exactly. We shouldn't be worried about this causing the last good years of Ben's to be spent learning a new system.

They're getting paid lots of money, they have all the talent they need on offense, and Ben's a great QB. Getting a new OC shouldn't be a problem for Ben.

Millers the sh!t
02-01-2012, 08:41 PM
You've said twice already that your mad at Ben because his lack of throws to Miller, so it'll be really hard for me to take you seriously. The Colts probably would laugh at the deal, and the Rooney's would probably laugh at somebody for suggesting it. We're not a rebuilding team, why the hell would we trade out franchise quarterback? We just made the Super Bowl a year ago man. We can't make it to the Super Bowl every year??

I'm just answering the question/topic brought up.

It's not just miller he leaves twiddling his thumbs, it's a lot of the guys. Like I also said, colts wouldn't be dumb enough to take the trade anyways.

It don't matter if you take me serious or not. I have problems taking people serious who can't even admit that there are faults with players on this team and if anyone brings it up on the forum they are "trolls" "homers" "flamers" or whatever the new Internet flavor of the month word is.

Fact is the steelers have always been a bad ass team and all they needed to do was invest a high draft pick for an above average qb to get us to the superbowl. Any of the qb's in bens draft class would have probably yielded us the same results.

I'm not a Ben hater, I own his jersey, root for him on game day, and defend him every day from all the Brady queers that I have to hear while living in MA.
BUT I'm also not blind and understand that Ben needs to change his game, get a better work ethic and start playing with wisdom/experience cause he'll be aging, slowing down and can't do his magic forever.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm just answering the question/topic brought up.

It's not just miller he leaves twiddling his thumbs, it's a lot of the guys. Like I also said, colts wouldn't be dumb enough to take the trade anyways.

It don't matter if you take me serious or not. I have problems taking people serious who can't even admit that there are faults with players on this team and if anyone brings it up on the forum they are "trolls" "homers" "flamers" or whatever the new Internet flavor of the month word is.

Fact is the steelers have always been a bad ass team and all they needed to do was invest a high draft pick for an above average qb to get us to the superbowl. Any of the qb's in bens draft class would have probably yielded us the same results.

I'm not a Ben hater, I own his jersey, root for him on game day, and defend him every day from all the Brady queers that I have to hear while living in MA.
BUT I'm also not blind and understand that Ben needs to change his game, get a better work ethic and start playing with wisdom/experience cause he'll be aging, slowing down and can't do his magic forever.

I'm sorry pal, but with our line, Miller hasn't went out for a catch consistently all year. The only time he really left the line to receive was when the game plan was designed around that. That's the coordinator, not Ben. As for leaving other guy's twiddling there thumbs, we had to receivers over 1,000 yards this season, and that's not something that every team can do.

It seems to me like we're getting the ball to several receivers, and based on Ben's stats, he's only getting better as his career progresses. Ben's not "out of his prime" as some people say, he's just getting into it. It's the injuries that will knock him out of it if we don't improve our line, and that's what we're likely going to address in this year's draft.

Rooney has already mentioned we need to protect Ben, and that's what we're going to do. I respect your opinion that you'd trade him, but I disagree with your statement that he's left people "Twiddling there thumbs". I honestly think he's one of the best quarterbacks in the league when it comes to hitting several receivers on any given day. Hopefully next year we'll be able to utilize a game plan where Miller can be used for something other than blocking, cause that's all he's done. He's also dropped quite a few passes this year, and that's uncharacteristic of him.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I know I sure as hell wouldn't make the deal, but if the deal did go down, I can't say it would be a big problem based in terms of the teams future. Most people just don't rid 8 year franchise quarterbacks though, lol. He's a quarterback, not a runningback.

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I know I sure as hell wouldn't make the deal, but if the deal did go down, I can't say it would be a big problem based in terms of the teams future. Most people just don't rid 8 year franchise quarterbacks though, lol. He's a quarterback, not a runningback.

I wouldn't do it, just because the talent level of this team right now has the ability to win more championships. If we replace ben, even with the #1 pick, that's basically saying the next 2 seasons are a wash and we're building for the future. For the level that this team is at, if we can win now, we retool our roster for now.

going through a qb change that drastic is pretty much saying the team is in rebuilding mode. we don't have a perfect team, but we're far off from needing to rebuild.

sharkweek
02-01-2012, 09:22 PM
That's something I would absolutely not do. Career choke artist, severe neck injury with maybe 3 years of play left if lucky, and his best years well behind him. That's why the Colts are willing to get rid of him in favor of Luck.

I wouldn't even want Manning in his prime, certainly not behind our OL. Pocket QBs that utterly choke under any sort of pressure like Manning and Brady wouldn't be half as successful here.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't do it, just because the talent level of this team right now has the ability to win more championships. If we replace ben, even with the #1 pick, that's basically saying the next 2 seasons are a wash and we're building for the future. For the level that this team is at, if we can win now, we retool our roster for now.

going through a qb change that drastic is pretty much saying the team is in rebuilding mode. we don't have a perfect team, but we're far off from needing to rebuild.

I'm just trying to find some way to agree with the thought of this, and it's not working. The thought of this discussion really puzzles me.

60_MINUTES
02-01-2012, 10:29 PM
1)Ben is not "In his prime". His prime got pounded out of him on the turf. I'm not saying he's over or done, but I do think he's getting too old to keep shrugging off the kind of beatings he's taken, and it WILL start to show. Eventually the concussion that ends his career will happen. There are plenty of young sports superstars who found that out.

2)There isn't a player on this team I wouldn't trade for the #1 overall. Yes, we have some great hall of fame players. Most of them are at least to the halfway point for their career. In a solid draft class, I take the chance on losing any single one to gain the #1 overall. One guy, even Ben, will not destroy this team.

That being said, Indy would be idiots to do this. Manning was the centerpiece of their team for a long time. If Luck lives up to the hype, he will do the same for them. What could Ben give them? 5 years of contending, IF he doesn't get too banged up. Or maybe one good helmet to helmet, and they're back where they are now?

Wow... were in the world does the world find some of you guys... your not alone on this post and thats the sad part... Are you kidding me... all the guys in the history of the league that have been bust and you would trade away any steeler to draft one of them and take a 50 50 shot... wow man un real.. So luck is the next ryan leaf... lol

Ben has 6 to 10 years of his best football still to come.. the guy is a 2 time SB champion... have you guys looked at his win loss pct... he will go down as one of the best QB in history and we are in the middle of that run... even if your right and he has 5 years left... do you know how long that is in the NFL... If BEN can bring us one SB over that time then its worth it to stick with him...

Do you guys know how many teams would dream to have Big BEN right now look around the league.. look at BENS numbers and championships and look at everyone else... You guys are idiots plain and simple idiots...

Not near as stupid as the colts... hell they are gonna give up the best QB in history for a chance on Luck... and BA is gonna develop him..lol watch the colts lose for the next 8 years or so... thank GOD we have the rooneys who seem to have more football Knowledge then any owner in football

DanRooney
02-02-2012, 02:38 AM
I wouldn't even want Manning in his prime, certainly not behind our OL. Pocket QBs that utterly choke under any sort of pressure like Manning and Brady wouldn't be half as successful here.

I don't know about Manning but I'd love to have Brady. He can get the job done with anyone. He had THE worst defense in the league and possibly one of the worst secondaries ever. I mean he has a WR is playing corner for him. That's almost as bad as a washed up special teams teams gunner seeing the field as a corner in the playoffs for...oh wait...damn you Anthony Madison. :chuckle:

But in all seriousness, if Brady wins this SB, I hate to say but I have him down as the best QB of all time.

Millers the sh!t
02-02-2012, 03:57 AM
I don't know about Manning but I'd love to have Brady. He can get the job done with anyone. He had THE worst defense in the league and possibly one of the worst secondaries ever. I mean he has a WR is playing corner for him. That's almost as bad as a washed up special teams teams gunner seeing the field as a corner in the playoffs for...oh wait...damn you Anthony Madison. :chuckle:

But in all seriousness, if Brady wins this SB, I hate to say but I have him down as the best QB of all time.

Brady turns into a babyfaced wimp under pressure. That's guys the worst at handling it. This season alone that pats went 1-2 against teams with a winning record. The only win they got was against the Ravens in the playoffs and that win had absolutely nothing to do with Brady.

The guy who said they wouldn't want Manning in his prime..... That's the funniest thing I've heard all day. Manning is an engineer at this game. He's incredibly smart and would call plays at the line tht get the job done. You think Peyton would be throwing 3 bubble screens a game? You think he'd be running Mendy into a brick wall 3 plays in a row? You think he'd be getting sacked out of FG range 2 times a game? You don't think Peyton would make quicker decisions and throw the ball with laser accuracy compared to Ben? You're nuts! Our O line is garbage but Ben really makes them look worst than they are from holding on to the ball too long.

Darkstorm05
02-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Wow... were in the world does the world find some of you guys... your not alone on this post and thats the sad part... Are you kidding me... all the guys in the history of the league that have been bust and you would trade away any steeler to draft one of them and take a 50 50 shot... wow man un real.. So luck is the next ryan leaf... lol

Ben has 6 to 10 years of his best football still to come.. the guy is a 2 time SB champion... have you guys looked at his win loss pct... he will go down as one of the best QB in history and we are in the middle of that run... even if your right and he has 5 years left... do you know how long that is in the NFL... If BEN can bring us one SB over that time then its worth it to stick with him...

That's a rather silly attitude to take. Maybe we should cancel the draft? Or just trade away all our picks, since it's too much of a gamble by your logic. We're talking about the #1 overall pick here. Take a look at the QB's that have gone #1 in the last decade or so(Pro Tip: Leaf was not a #1 overall pick :))

Yes, Russel was one of them. The rest were guys like Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, and if you go back just a couple more years, Peyton Manning. Last I checked, a few of those guys were scraping by? How about last years #1 overall, Cam Newton? Or maybe it's the Panthers carrying him, right?

If you need more proof that it works, go take a look at the Patriots. The last decade or so they'll trade anyone if the draft pick is high enough. And whether you like it or not, they've won a hell of a lot more in the last decade than we have. They proved that any "Superstar vet" can be replaced with the right draft pick, and the team can stay at a high level.

Further, take a look at the Cowboys, or the Eagles this year. They'll sign any vet who has talent, because surely a proven vet is the best way to go? How's that working out for them these days?

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Although I personally find the idea of trading Ben to be silly, it is a discussion, and this is a discussion board. I see no problem with this being discussed. As crazy as it may seem to trade Ben Roethlisberger to another team, it is the #1 pick we're talking about, and Ben has had his fair share of issues off the field, and the most recent incident nearly had him off the team indefinitely. It's not going to happen, but just like fantasy drafts during the season, it's worth a good conversation, is it not?

kan_t
02-02-2012, 11:41 AM
It doesn't hurt to bring some competition to the special team at the very least.

FrancoLambert
02-02-2012, 11:53 AM
[QUOTE=Millers the sh!t;993513]Brady turns into a babyfaced wimp under pressure. That's guys the worst at handling it. This season alone that pats went 1-2 against teams with a winning record. The only win they got was against the Ravens in the playoffs and that win had absolutely nothing to do with Brady.

Sure..... a quarterback going for his 4th Super Bowl Championship is a "babyfaced wimp."

How many other "babyfaced wimps" can lay claim to that?

No, I'm not a Patriots fan trolling; I'm as Black and Gold as you can get.

You may not like Brady but you should respect his accomplishments.
You may not like Joe Flacco but he did beat us twice this year and the second win
in our house decided our season.

Please connect with reality.....both of those quarterbacks outplayed ours by a lot.

Fire Arians
02-02-2012, 11:56 AM

hey i thought antonio brown did pretty decent at corner in the pro bowl lol. he did get burned by fitzgerald, but there's only 1 or 2 men in the league that can shut him down, and even that's not likely if he's got a real qb throwing at him

brady's the only qb other than ben who can survive behind our line cause his release is so damn quick

brady already is the best qb in history imo. yeah i hate the guy but i'll give credit where it's due.

Millers the sh!t
02-02-2012, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE=Millers the sh!t;993513]Brady turns into a babyfaced wimp under pressure. That's guys the worst at handling it. This season alone that pats went 1-2 against teams with a winning record. The only win they got was against the Ravens in the playoffs and that win had absolutely nothing to do with Brady.

Sure..... a quarterback going for his 4th Super Bowl Championship is a "babyfaced wimp."

How many other "babyfaced wimps" can lay claim to that?

No, I'm not a Patriots fan trolling; I'm as Black and Gold as you can get.

You may not like Brady but you should respect his accomplishments.
You may not like Joe Flacco but he did beat us twice this year and the second win
in our house decided our season.

Please connect with reality.....both of those quarterbacks outplayed ours by a lot.

Yea, so re read what I actually wrote and then base judgement on that. I didn't say Brady is a babyfaced wimp. I said when he gets pressured he turns into one. He's so accustomed to getting 6 seconds in the pocket just to throw a 7 yard in route to welker that when he does actually get pressured he can't handle it. Watch his face progression over the day (when he plays a real team) it gets red, his eyes water up, and he's got this ridiculous tight lipped look that a 7 year old gets when she's put in time out.

Anyone with a half of brain knows Brady is TERRIBLE under pressure. And that's the "reality" that I see. Pats Games are aired every week in my neck of the woods, so unfortunately I see a lot of them and know what I'm talking about.

Watch him in this superbowl. If the G men get the pressure they should, I'll guarantee 3-4 balls thrown 3 yards short into the feet/ground of brady's receivers. At least 1 off target ball going across the middle picked because the WR couldn't take it in.

Yea so anyways, I acredit Brady going for his 4th ring more to having a superior o line, the solid defenses they had during the early 2000's, terrible officiating, and Venetieri. Not to mention every year they have one of the easier schedules in the league, and no consistent competition in their division. Brady's so great and irreplaceable to his team that Matt Cassel came in not taking a snap since high school and bright the Pats* to a 11-5 season. That right there says it all.

And who said I didn't like Flacco?

JCPsteelers
02-03-2012, 04:11 AM
If Oliver Luck and Andrew make a power play and say they aren't coming to Indianapolis and if Big Ben's meeting with Art Rooney doesn't go well its not that crazy.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Ben said he was meeting Rooney as soon as he returned, and I believe they returned to the mainland a few days ago. The "meeting" between Rooney and Ben was overplayed by the media and it'll be nothing but a way for the owner and the 100 million dollar employee to get on the same page. If you think it's anything more than that, look away from the T.V. Put away the paper, and listen to the interviews we're Ben mentioned this meeting.

DanRooney
02-03-2012, 07:00 AM
[QUOTE=FrancoLambert;993604]

Yea, so re read what I actually wrote and then base judgement on that. I didn't say Brady is a babyfaced wimp. I said when he gets pressured he turns into one. He's so accustomed to getting 6 seconds in the pocket just to throw a 7 yard in route to welker that when he does actually get pressured he can't handle it. Watch his face progression over the day (when he plays a real team) it gets red, his eyes water up, and he's got this ridiculous tight lipped look that a 7 year old gets when she's put in time out.

Anyone with a half of brain knows Brady is TERRIBLE under pressure. And that's the "reality" that I see. Pats Games are aired every week in my neck of the woods, so unfortunately I see a lot of them and know what I'm talking about.

Watch him in this superbowl. If the G men get the pressure they should, I'll guarantee 3-4 balls thrown 3 yards short into the feet/ground of brady's receivers. At least 1 off target ball going across the middle picked because the WR couldn't take it in.

Yea so anyways, I acredit Brady going for his 4th ring more to having a superior o line, the solid defenses they had during the early 2000's, terrible officiating, and Venetieri. Not to mention every year they have one of the easier schedules in the league, and no consistent competition in their division. Brady's so great and irreplaceable to his team that Matt Cassel came in not taking a snap since high school and bright the Pats* to a 11-5 season. That right there says it all.

And who said I didn't like Flacco?

You know there's times where Ben looks like an assclown under pressure. How about that Ravens game in week 1?? The Colts game? The 49ers game? What about that Browns game in 09? I can go on???

Who cares if he's a crybaby or a wimp. He wins.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 07:15 AM
[QUOTE=Millers the sh!t;993666]

You know there's times where Ben looks like an assclown under pressure. How about that Ravens game in week 1?? The Colts game? The 49ers game? What about that Browns game in 09? I can go on???

Who cares if he's a crybaby or a wimp. He wins.

Oh god. Quit it with your Brady crap, okay? :chuckle: He's great, It would take an idiot to see otherwise. He's one of the best, I get it. Ray Charles could see that in the moonlight. There's nothing you need to prove here. :chuckle:

Ben's good when he evades pressure, not necessarily under pressure. He could be under duress and decide to stay in the pocket, and that's where he makes and assclown out of himself. This is when he needs to either throw the ball away, or try and extend the play. At this point in his career, he needs to throw that ball away.

You'll see less and less of Ben extending the play next year, and more and more pocket passing. It's because he extending the play this year that got him injured, and I think he knows that.

60_MINUTES
02-03-2012, 08:19 AM
That's a rather silly attitude to take. Maybe we should cancel the draft? Or just trade away all our picks, since it's too much of a gamble by your logic. We're talking about the #1 overall pick here. Take a look at the QB's that have gone #1 in the last decade or so(Pro Tip: Leaf was not a #1 overall pick :))

Yes, Russel was one of them. The rest were guys like Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, and if you go back just a couple more years, Peyton Manning. Last I checked, a few of those guys were scraping by? How about last years #1 overall, Cam Newton? Or maybe it's the Panthers carrying him, right?

If you need more proof that it works, go take a look at the Patriots. The last decade or so they'll trade anyone if the draft pick is high enough. And whether you like it or not, they've won a hell of a lot more in the last decade than we have. They proved that any "Superstar vet" can be replaced with the right draft pick, and the team can stay at a high level.

Further, take a look at the Cowboys, or the Eagles this year. They'll sign any vet who has talent, because surely a proven vet is the best way to go? How's that working out for them these days?

You just proved my point lol are you kidding me.. Alex Smith, Russel, Bradford, the only guy on your list that is even close to BEN is Eli and he needs a Superbowl to even be mentioned along side of BEN. Unreal guys you want to trade away one of the top 5 QB in the league in the middle of his prime for a draft pick... lol you guys are on crack

by the way please stop it with the Brady stuff.. the guy hasnt won a Superbowl since they were caught period..

the guy knew the exact D the other team was playing including which side the blitz was coming from and who would be his best hot read.. thats the kind of cheating they were doing.. Flutie off record said Bradys pre snap info was unreal and they would tell him where the blitz was coming from as well as who to look for on his read... he said he was amazed and wondered how in the world they knew what they knew.. Can you imagine what a Pro QB can do if you told him the exact play the D was gonna run... Just because the NFL swept it under the rug and burned the tapes doesnt mean we have to.. to me Brady lost all respect with that shit... the Pats D who was top 10 ever year now is in the bottom half of the league... Un real that people still give them credit

if Brady loses this superbowl he will go down as much below the greats... They didnt lose superbowls guys... Montanta and Bradshaw dont lose

Darkstorm05
02-03-2012, 08:51 AM
You just proved my point lol are you kidding me.. Alex Smith, Russel, Bradford, the only guy on your list that is even close to BEN is Eli and he needs a Superbowl to even be mentioned along side of BEN. Unreal guys you want to trade away one of the top 5 QB in the league in the middle of his prime for a draft pick... lol you guys are on crack

by the way please stop it with the Brady stuff.. the guy hasnt won a Superbowl since they were caught period..

the guy knew the exact D the other team was playing including which side the blitz was coming from and who would be his best hot read.. thats the kind of cheating they were doing.. Flutie off record said Bradys pre snap info was unreal and they would tell him where the blitz was coming from as well as who to look for on his read... he said he was amazed and wondered how in the world they knew what they knew.. Can you imagine what a Pro QB can do if you told him the exact play the D was gonna run... Just because the NFL swept it under the rug and burned the tapes doesnt mean we have to.. to me Brady lost all respect with that shit... the Pats D who was top 10 ever year now is in the bottom half of the league... Un real that people still give them credit

if Brady loses this superbowl he will go down as much below the greats... They didnt lose superbowls guys... Montanta and Bradshaw dont lose

Are you talking about the same Brady that just set a record for most TD's in a playoff game, against a team that humiliated us on national television? And yea, Alex Smith hasn't done much of anything...except kick the shit out of us. How many points did Ben light up the board with in that game?

So, because Russel was a #1 overall, and Smith(Who beat the hell out of us with the 9ers) hasn't done anything to impress you, it's not worth the gamble? Not seeing it. For every #1 overall QB that was a bust, there were more that were great, or at least good enough to elevate their team. If it wasn't so, there wouldn't be a draft for long, would there?

Whodis
02-03-2012, 08:53 AM
http://discoveringbeliefs.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/stupid-idea-award.jpg

60_MINUTES
02-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Are you talking about the same Brady that just set a record for most TD's in a playoff game, against a team that humiliated us on national television? And yea, Alex Smith hasn't done much of anything...except kick the shit out of us. How many points did Ben light up the board with in that game?

So, because Russel was a #1 overall, and Smith(Who beat the hell out of us with the 9ers) hasn't done anything to impress you, it's not worth the gamble? Not seeing it. For every #1 overall QB that was a bust, there were more that were great, or at least good enough to elevate their team. If it wasn't so, there wouldn't be a draft for long, would there?

your kidding right??? your really gonna take Smith over BEN... Good Lord get a brain.. and yes Im talking about the same Brady that Cheated the game... and is probably cheating it again.. josh mcdaniels is back so Im sure the cheating is back as well.. Mcdaniels has been caught twice once wasnt good enough for him..

oh yeah by the way the question again is why would we trade away a number one superbowl winning QB for someone else that can elevate their team... hello dont we already got one doing that...

Alex Smith... lmao... I really cant believe your going there

steelerchad
02-03-2012, 09:03 AM

Exactly.

The Colts are rebuilding. They don't need a QB that is near the end of his career by the time their team is ready to win again. They would just keep Manning, provided he's healthy enough, if that were the case.

Ben, has 7 years left tops and it could be far less. He'll likely have more and more injury issues from this point on and would likely show a decline in his skills within the next 5 years.
From our standpoint, we are still contenders and would be foolish to waste the window of opportunity we have by grooming a new young QB.

Darkstorm05
02-03-2012, 09:14 AM
your kidding right??? your really gonna take Smith over BEN...

Let's all pause and read the title of the thread again. Last I checked, it didn't say anything about trading Ben for Alex Smith?

skline00
02-03-2012, 11:44 AM
If Ben was 34-35 this post might make sense, but it is an insult to my intelligence that people post like this. I am 60 almost 61 and Big Ben has won 2 superbowls and lost 1. Besides Terry Bradshaw and Mark Malone who else got us to the promised land, the Superbowl? And while we are at it TB played on an exceptional team that just got better as he did but honestly the first two SB wins were more defense than offense.

Ben has been saddled with a so-so O line. He had an incredible back in Jerome Bettis and now he has some pretty solid receivers. To talk about trading Big Ben is a definite sentence to NO HOPE of being a contender for at least 4-5 years.

With Ben we are a contender, without him we are a pretender. PERIOD!

And as to Big Ben being a crybaby? He can cry all he wants but I have NEVER seen a tougher QB play hurt, other than Terry Bradshaw. Ben takes incredible punishment, some inflicted by holding on to the ball too long but HE PLAYS! On a toughness scale from 1 to 10 he is an 11 minimum and he plays. After this season if you don't believe that then you need to get an eye exam.

stb_steeler
02-03-2012, 02:33 PM
If Ben was 34-35 this post might make sense, but it is an insult to my intelligence that people post like this. I am 60 almost 61 and Big Ben has won 2 superbowls and lost 1. Besides Terry Bradshaw and Mark Malone who else got us to the promised land, the Superbowl? And while we are at it TB played on an exceptional team that just got better as he did but honestly the first two SB wins were more defense than offense.

Ben has been saddled with a so-so O line. He had an incredible back in Jerome Bettis and now he has some pretty solid receivers. To talk about trading Big Ben is a definite sentence to NO HOPE of being a contender for at least 4-5 years.

With Ben we are a contender, without him we are a pretender. PERIOD!

And as to Big Ben being a crybaby? He can cry all he wants but I have NEVER seen a tougher QB play hurt, other than Terry Bradshaw. Ben takes incredible punishment, some inflicted by holding on to the ball too long but HE PLAYS! On a toughness scale from 1 to 10 he is an 11 minimum and he plays. After this season if you don't believe that then you need to get an eye exam.

Well said my friend...You know there is a saying some Steeler fans really are greedy, they want more n more....Kinda hate to think if we never won shit since the TB days, wonder what the crying would be then.....:wink02:

60_MINUTES
02-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Let's all pause and read the title of the thread again. Last I checked, it didn't say anything about trading Ben for Alex Smith?

I dont have to pause and read the article again.. I read what you wrote and you said if we trade BEN we could get guys like Alex Smith... then you went on to tell me how he beat us this year.. So by your post your saying if we trade BEN we could get someone like Alex Smith so I assume you think that is just as good if not better then BEN... Im just reading what you said...

Im pretty sure no one else in the history of a chat board would say it so its pretty clear your the one... Debate it however you want... bottom line is BEN is one of the best QB in the league... and very well may go down as one of the best in history...having established that he has 5 to 8 years left of great football... there is not a person alive that knows football that would ever consider getting rid of BIG BEN... R you kidding me man..

2 time Superbowl Champion,, 1 runner up

04-05 13-0 as a rookie to start the season goes to afc champ game in which pats cheat their way to jumping passes... funny thing is we killed them early that year.. wow you think they knew the play call

05-6 won superbowl enogh said
06-7 yep hurt in off season team had off year
07-8 getting back on track... wild card loss... jags killed our running D... we put up 29 on OFF

08-09 you wont believe this we won another superbowl...
09-10 yep just like 90 percent of NFL we faded the next year
10-11... you might want to sit down but yes BEN took us to another superbowl
11-12... great year had the playoffs started 4 weeks before the end of the season we may have been the best in football... however after the last quarter of the season injured everyone on the team we looked like a team full of back ups and played like it

either way 8 years in the league we have went to 4 afc championship games... are you kidding me there are teams that would pay billions for that... not to mention 3 SB and 2 Superbowl wins... hello 2 SUPERBOWL WINS... now we havent won a SB in about 25 years before BEN but now have played in 3 and won 2...

8 years in the league... for big time QB's most seem to play about 15 years so I would say BEN is right in the middle of his prime... I give him at least 6 years left of playing great football so going off his stats he should take us to at least 3 more Afc Championship games and win us 1 or 2 more superbowls

that would give him a total of 14 years in the league... 7 AFC chamionship games... playing in 4 or 5 Superbowls and winning a total of 3 or 4 Superbowls...lets say he gets the W....
so 14 years in league. 7 afc champ games 5 superbowls 4 wins... without cheating... wow Id say that would match Brady ( if Brady wins this week ) so does that make BEN the greatest ever like everyone is calling brady

Darkstorm05
02-03-2012, 11:24 PM
I dont have to pause and read the article again.. I read what you wrote and you said if we trade BEN we could get guys like Alex Smith...

Then go back and read it again, because you're missing it...

"Yes, Russel was one of them. The rest were guys like Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, and if you go back just a couple more years, Peyton Manning. Last I checked, a few of those guys were scraping by? How about last years #1 overall, Cam Newton?"

So out of both Mannings, Newton, etc., you lock onto Alex Smith. Again, I listed a bunch of #1 overall QBs. You're going on about Alex Smith and Jamarcus Russel.

Lets make this easy. You name some #1 overall drafted NFL QB's that were "Busts", with the stats to back that up, and for every one you name, I'll name one that made the pro-bowl, won a Super Bowl, or is in the Hall of Fame.

Millers the sh!t
02-03-2012, 11:44 PM
I dont have to pause and read the article again.. I read what you wrote and you said if we trade BEN we could get guys like Alex Smith... then you went on to tell me how he beat us this year.. So by your post your saying if we trade BEN we could get someone like Alex Smith so I assume you think that is just as good if not better then BEN... Im just reading what you said...

Im pretty sure no one else in the history of a chat board would say it so its pretty clear your the one... Debate it however you want... bottom line is BEN is one of the best QB in the league... and very well may go down as one of the best in history...having established that he has 5 to 8 years left of great football... there is not a person alive that knows football that would ever consider getting rid of BIG BEN... R you kidding me man..

2 time Superbowl Champion,, 1 runner up

04-05 13-0 as a rookie to start the season goes to afc champ game in which pats cheat their way to jumping passes... funny thing is we killed them early that year.. wow you think they knew the play call

05-6 won superbowl enogh said
06-7 yep hurt in off season team had off year
07-8 getting back on track... wild card loss... jags killed our running D... we put up 29 on OFF

08-09 you wont believe this we won another superbowl...
09-10 yep just like 90 percent of NFL we faded the next year
10-11... you might want to sit down but yes BEN took us to another superbowl
11-12... great year had the playoffs started 4 weeks before the end of the season we may have been the best in football... however after the last quarter of the season injured everyone on the team we looked like a team full of back ups and played like it

either way 8 years in the league we have went to 4 afc championship games... are you kidding me there are teams that would pay billions for that... not to mention 3 SB and 2 Superbowl wins... hello 2 SUPERBOWL WINS... now we havent won a SB in about 25 years before BEN but now have played in 3 and won 2...

8 years in the league... for big time QB's most seem to play about 15 years so I would say BEN is right in the middle of his prime... I give him at least 6 years left of playing great football so going off his stats he should take us to at least 3 more Afc Championship games and win us 1 or 2 more superbowls

that would give him a total of 14 years in the league... 7 AFC chamionship games... playing in 4 or 5 Superbowls and winning a total of 3 or 4 Superbowls...lets say he gets the W....
so 14 years in league. 7 afc champ games 5 superbowls 4 wins... without cheating... wow Id say that would match Brady ( if Brady wins this week ) so does that make BEN the greatest ever like everyone is calling brady

^ this right here is the most delusional thread I've ever read. For decades the steelers have dominated, and been a top tier team before Ben came. They finally spent a high pick on a decent qb and it gives them the edge they need to get into the SB. I'm pretty confident the same thing would have happened if our qb was rivers, manning, or any of the above average qb's before that draft. You're acting like we haven't smelt the playoffs until Ben arrived.

Another thing u state is that Ben has another 6 years of great football ahead of him. Yea right!! That dude won't even be able to walk to practice when he's 36 years old, nevermind be the escape artist he's been in the past. He has 2-3 years tops then he'll be in Free Agency as a broken-down old man.

60_MINUTES
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
^ this right here is the most delusional thread I've ever read. For decades the steelers have dominated, and been a top tier team before Ben came. They finally spent a high pick on a decent qb and it gives them the edge they need to get into the SB. I'm pretty confident the same thing would have happened if our qb was rivers, manning, or any of the above average qb's before that draft. You're acting like we haven't smelt the playoffs until Ben arrived.

Another thing u state is that Ben has another 6 years of great football ahead of him. Yea right!! That dude won't even be able to walk to practice when he's 36 years old, nevermind be the escape artist he's been in the past. He has 2-3 years tops then he'll be in Free Agency as a broken-down old man.

What are you a Browns fan get off the board

are you kidding me... you dont just plug guys in my friend... you either got it or you dont... BEN has got it... Last time I check Rivers has had some of the best Teams in football but cant get it done... Its the x factor... when a guy takes you to 3 superbowls in 7 years hes got the x factor man...

he is 29 years old... r you kidding me... you think a broke down old man in 3 years lol... get off the board ravens fan... go pull for flucko if you want to see a shit QB we have a HOF guy already in place\

Kanata-Steeler
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM

It's an interesting thought, but I gotta say, try Ben first, with the right OC, and not one hired from the inside,..'that won't work.
Whatever.
But I agree that our Mr. 100+Million dollar QB-Man better stop shooting his stoopid "2-Cent" mouth off, because no one, except 'da Media, is even listening to this golf-bound circus clown - if that's where he wants to head next year too.?
Lynne Swanne, on the other hand, summed it up best, recently:
"...so, you wanna bitch/cry?, then go to your head Coach, and NO, you don't go above him to your Owner, -ya know - the one who Pay$ you, -even despite your Fans - and that ain't forever...."

... 'cause those kind-of immature, and spoiled-brat actions, from "any" player, will only make " trade a Ben for the first overall pick" that much moire tantalizing, whether we like it or not..

anyway, Cheers.

60_MINUTES
02-05-2012, 12:20 AM
Then go back and read it again, because you're missing it...

"Yes, Russel was one of them. The rest were guys like Eli Manning, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, and if you go back just a couple more years, Peyton Manning. Last I checked, a few of those guys were scraping by? How about last years #1 overall, Cam Newton?"

So out of both Mannings, Newton, etc., you lock onto Alex Smith. Again, I listed a bunch of #1 overall QBs. You're going on about Alex Smith and Jamarcus Russel.

Lets make this easy. You name some #1 overall drafted NFL QB's that were "Busts", with the stats to back that up, and for every one you name, I'll name one that made the pro-bowl, won a Super Bowl, or is in the Hall of Fame.

Once again your missing the point and once again you have proved my point... you said for every one I name that didnt work out that you would name one that did.. so thats 50 percent... so you want to trade our Probowl QB Superbowl champ QB. and on his way to HOF QB for a 50 50 shot at another one... wow .... not to mention our guy has many years left... hes not even 30 yet man

and thats is also the point your missing... why would you even risk it when the guy still have many years left.. hell hes right in the middle of this prime...QBs play til there in their late 30s He has at least 5 to 7 years of great football left dude not to mention we are finally getting line fixed.. pouncey gilbert a good start... look for us to add another nice one this year... along with new O coord BEN should stay up right more this year

anyway here you go to prove its a fifty fifty shot... and again to me fifty fifty shot when you already have a probowl QB superbowl winner is just plain stuid... I dont know a GM in the world that would give BEN up for a fifty Fifty shot... thank GOD the Steelers arent that stupid

Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma St. Louis Rams 1 0
2009 Matthew Stafford QB Georgia Detroit Lions - -
2007 JaMarcus Russel
2005 Alex Smith QB Utah San Francisco 49ers 4 0
2004 Eli Manning QB Mississippi San Diego Chargers 5 1
2003 Carson Palmer QB Southern Cal. Cincinnati Bengals 6 2
2002 David Carr QB Fresno State Houston Texans 7 0
2001 Michael Vick QB Virginia Tech Atlanta Falcons 6 3
1999 Tim Couch QB Kentucky Cleveland Browns 6 0
1998 Peyton Manning QB Tennessee Indianapolis Colts 11 9
1993 Drew Bledsoe QB Washington State New England Patriots 14 4
1990 Jeff George
\\\

This goes back to 1990 there is no need for stats I think we all know these guys very well and what kind of QB they turned out to be... on this list the only ones I put in BENs frame of work is Peyton, Eli and Bledso... I would put BEN infront of eveyone but Peyton... Bledson never won shit but the guy was money most of his football life... but facts are facts... stats are for losers you either a winner or a loser... so you would be giving up a two time Superbowl chamion and going back to 1990 over 20 years you cant replace it...no one on the list can say they done it

anyway to me it looks like you have no better then a 50 50 shot at getting a probowl QB to replace the probowl guy you would be giving up... take the superbowls out of it... no matter how you look at it that is dumb as hell to take a 50 50 shot at getting what you already got

Russel..Alex .Smith.... Jeff George........ Dog Killer in prison vick......... David Carr... lol.... should I go on.....ok I will Tim Couch

Now that is 6 out of 12 on the list for the past 20 years... you ask for it so there it is... could you imagine givingup ben and getting one of these guys...

maybe you will get lucky and get Carson Palmer.......lol... I guess he would be better then above but not a BEN thats for sure and been proven

so thats leaves you about a 30 percent chance to get a Eli, Peyton or Bledso

and I wouldnt take Bledso for BEN either far as bradford and stafford.... we dont know yet... but even giving you them..... bledso and plamer on your list its 50 50 so to you that make since to give up your superbowl champ QB probowl QB for a 50 50 shot...wow.... you ask for it... so what you got to say and please dont try to tell me more then half of those QBs are better then BEN...lol you can take your foot out of your mouth now..

I think the ones in bold say it all... you get a fifty fifty shot at one of these guys...lol... yeah lets trade BEN and take our chances...oh boy maybe we can get a David Carr or Tim Couch man I cant wait

Darkstorm05
02-05-2012, 01:51 AM
Once again your missing the point and once again you have proved my point

Yes, it's pretty clear that you don't get it. I do find it funny you decided to cut off your list 1 year before Aikman would have made it, with Elway, Bradshaw, etc., also being left off. I guess those guys are irrelevant, right? Hey, remember that time we decided it was better to play it safe, and passed on Dan Marino in the draft? So does Rooney, and luckily he understands the draft better than you...

"I couldn't bear the thought of passing on another great quarterback prospect the way we had passed on Dan Marino in 1983, so I steered the conversation around to (Ben) Roethlisberger," Rooney writes in the book.

So there you go. Our team deliberately going against your advice on abstaining from the draft is the reason we even have Ben. Kind of creates a paradox for your arguments, doesn't it? I mean, clearly we knew what we had with Maddox...why gamble on something as silly as a draft? Seriously, it's like 50/50!

Millers the sh!t
02-05-2012, 04:04 AM
What are you a Browns fan get off the board

are you kidding me... you dont just plug guys in my friend... you either got it or you dont... BEN has got it... Last time I check Rivers has had some of the best Teams in football but cant get it done... Its the x factor... when a guy takes you to 3 superbowls in 7 years hes got the x factor man...

he is 29 years old... r you kidding me... you think a broke down old man in 3 years lol... get off the board ravens fan... go pull for flucko if you want to see a shit QB we have a HOF guy already in place\

Only time will tell.. If Ben don't change his attitude and playing style then I think my predictions are closer to the truth than yours. Hit me up in 3 years and I'll apologize if I'm wrong.

Also if it makes you feel any better, if I wasn't a steelers fan, I'd probably be a Ravens fan. It is ok to think for yourself you know..

Bayz101
02-05-2012, 04:21 AM
My guess is that Ben will retire a couple years over his contract, that being 2018. His current contract is up in 2016, when he'll be 34. At that point it won't be about money, it'll be a final push for a SuperBowl. And anyone who says he'll be done shortly because of the beatings he's taken, when he's healthy, he shows no sign of fatigue. So your just blowing smoke by saying crap like that.

Navy86
02-05-2012, 08:28 AM
I don't care what anyone says, NO ONE knows whether Luck will succeed in the NFL or not. He has not played a single down in the NFL. Everyone of those #1 QB picks (well, maybe minus Russell) were expected to succeed in the NFL. Several of them didn't. We know what we have in Ben. A QB that wins and has the capability to bring a team back from a 21-3 Halftime deficit in the SB and darn near win it. A QB that has taken his team to the AFC championship game in half the seasons he's played, the playoffs in 75% of seasons played. Some of you would want to trade that away for a guy that has never taken a snap in the NFL. No way. The Colts would jump all over that trade in a heartbeat. Think about it.

"Coach Pagano, Bruce Arians, good morning. Mr. Rooney has offered Ben Roethlisberger for our #1 pick. What do you think, should we make this trade?"

Their response "Please excuse us both for a minute while we go change our underwear."

Are you kidding me? A brand new HC that needs to succeed now? Do you think they would really say "well, we like Luck's potential...he could be a starter for us for 15 years; Ben will only give us another 6-8 years. Yes, those 6-8 years will involve 2-3 SuperBowl births, but Luck might be a good starter for us for more years."

Nope, teams are all about winning now. They really don't care about 10 years down the road, and Ben gives them a shot at winning THIS year. I know it's about more than the QB, and bash Arians all you want, but you don't think BA could put together an offense built around Ben that could get them to the SB this year? I would lose my mind if the Steeler's even remotely considered this trade.