PDA

View Full Version : steelernation.com

section514
07-10-2006, 02:31 PM
what a joke, their site is so boring!

augustashark
07-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Not all of them can bring the thunder like Steelers Fever!

section514
07-10-2006, 02:43 PM
steelernation.com Not Just Fans, Anal Retentive Fans!

Big D
07-10-2006, 02:45 PM
how gay

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Almost as gay as a picture of a boy sucking on a icecream bar. :)

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 05:36 PM
All kidding aside the nation has some good posters, but they also have their share of sarcastic di**heads. I do see a few floating around here, but nowhere near what resides at the Nation.............

CAH
07-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I belong to Steeler Nation and have been their for 7 years.

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Cah is one of the good ones. :)

HburgXL06
07-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Almost as gay as a picture of a boy sucking on a icecream bar. :)

That's Ralphie from "A Christmas Story" and he's got soap in his mouth because he had a dirty mouth.

I've seen the site.......ZZZZZZZ....I'm sorry what? What were we talkin about, I fell asleep. Oh? SteelersNaZZZZZZZZ...Wait what? Oh nevermind.

BuFu

CAH
07-10-2006, 09:00 PM
:dancing: Cah is one of the good ones. :)
You're a good guy, Charlie Brown. :cool:

slashsteel
07-10-2006, 10:53 PM
I know the x-mas story I was just busting his bubble. And as far as the nation goes there is good and bad on just about every board. I will give them this much. At least they arn't making up names to kill of our coach, like one site I know of. I guess not everyone can be as friendly as me. :)

And Cah I have read your posts before, you're good people. :)

klick81
07-11-2006, 01:26 AM
I'll admit that i've never been there before, but why put down a site that's dedicated to (as far as i know) sharing and talking about things that we're all here for as well: THE STEELERS. Call me a n00b, but i don't see the need to hate on another Steeler site.

BAS
07-11-2006, 11:02 AM
steelernation.com Not Just Fans, Anal Retentive Fans!

Is there a reason you seem to be trying to stir up animosity between the 2 boards?

section514
07-11-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm trying to get involved over at steelernation, but I started off on the wrong foot and now they won't drop it, and I being a person that can't let someone say something about me without retaliation isn't helping the cause, I dont know

section514
07-11-2006, 12:07 PM
they sure do post alot though, they have alot of members online and the posts are in such high frequency that the time it takes you to write something, 3 other people have already posted....they should change thier name to SIM for Steeler instant messaging

Lyn
07-11-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm trying to get involved over at steelernation, but I started off on the wrong foot and now they won't drop it, and I being a person that can't let someone say something about me without retaliation isn't helping the cause, I dont know

I got off on the wrong foot over there also and have since been banned. The people who belong there are nice people but the secret is "you have to gain their respect" and that takes lots of time. They have some really good posters and I would never say anything bad about any steeler site. I just never felt that I had to be maligned by fellow steeler fans and some of them feel the need to put everyone down (unless you are in the clique),

peter
07-11-2006, 12:14 PM
We are all steeler nation. :smile:

Big D
07-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I know the x-mas story I was just busting his bubble. And as far as the nation goes there is good and bad on just about every board. I will give them this much. At least they arn't making up names to kill of our coach, like one site I know of. I guess not everyone can be as friendly as me. :)

And Cah I have read your posts before, you're good people. :)
you had no idea that was the christmas story. this wasnt the first post you had about it being a ice cream bar.

section514
07-11-2006, 04:04 PM
oh well, steelersfever, proud to annouce you got me 100% i can't stand it over there, they act like I am a troll or something

83-Steelers-43
07-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Bottomline............as we all already know, this is the best damn Steeler site on the net. :sign04:

Big D
07-11-2006, 04:16 PM
I havent bothered with that site. I love the way this one is set up. And everyone one here is cool for the most part

slashsteel
07-11-2006, 05:48 PM
you had no idea that was the christmas story. this wasnt the first post you had about it being a ice cream bar.

Speak of what you know troll. Try that on for size.

Man_Of_Steel
07-11-2006, 07:38 PM
I use to post on that site as Man Of Steel and got kicked off for some reason or another, I can't remember it's been so long. I don't post much on any website any more though so it really doesn't matter.

I've never had a problem with anybody over there though. Any and all Steeler fans ROCK! Peace out.

tony hipchest
07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
ive browsed it. kinda reminds me of cincibengals.com. a heavy handed admin., overbearing mods., lots of banned posters, and just about every post not in the actual football forum is an inside joke amongst veteran posters.

while the clique mentality and commaraderie is cool, its not too beneficial to attracting new posters and increased traffic and visibility. it seems like a tight nit group over there that is pretty tough to crack, although ive only browsed a few times.

while no board has the pure X's and O's and coachspeak, this one is the closest to it. the news, articles and insight are top notch too.

but i dont see nothing that makes the other board lame or boring, just typical.

CAH
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
I've been at SN so long, I'm like an old pair of comfortable shoes to the members. Met about a dozen members when we got together at Heinz Field to watch an away game on TV and I loved them all. Some I've talked to daily for 7 years so you get pretty close and watch their kids when born and growing up by way of pictures

They ride me like crazy but so do my family and friends and I'm fine with that. It's kind of hard for a group of that size not to have some weasels in the henhouse. LOL Those I either ignore or I get pretty nasty with them. I have NEVER gotten nasty with any new member

Man_Of_Steel
07-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Yes, I can remember calling CAH a dude, thats how long its been since I was there, LOL! It was hilarious when we found out he was a she.

CAH was always pretty cool nonetheless.

CAH
07-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Yes, I can remember calling CAH a dude, thats how long its been since I was there, LOL! It was hilarious when we found out he was a she.

CAH was always pretty cool nonetheless.
That was some 3 years, I was mistaken for a man. I didn't help matters like I was divorced and I only referred to my exhusband as my ex. No one said it but when it was revealed, some guys admitted to thinking I was a gay dude. LOL

They found out when we met at Heinz Field for that game I mentioned in above post. Not only was I revealed as female but I'm also as an old bag. Dave, the owner, kept it a secret all those years which was great.

slashsteel
07-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Only as old as you feel sweetheart. I will refer to you as a sweet young thang from here on out. Will this earn me any brownie points? lol

CAH
07-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Only as old as you feel sweetheart. I will refer to you as a sweet young thang from here on out. Will this earn me any brownie points? lol
It certainly will. :cool:

BlitzburghRockCity
07-11-2006, 11:35 PM
Alright everyone, let's not start a holy war with SN. They've got some cool people over there and even though Dave runs their forum differently than we run SF they're still to be respected for their longevity and for alot of the cool members they have over there.

SF & SN have been living in harmony since SF started and we intend to keep it that way. Anybody who wants to cross post on SF and SN is more than welcome to anytime, CAH is a respected member of there as is some others that post here...Hell i started on SN and spent ALOT of time there before coming here.

slashsteel
07-11-2006, 11:37 PM
True and I pop in there from time to time as well as other posters here. Like I said earlier there is always a few bad apples on every tree. They might be cynical, but then again so can I be. :)

Diamond Dave
07-12-2006, 11:18 AM
SF & SN have been living in harmony since SF started and we intend to keep it that way. Anybody who wants to cross post on SF and SN is more than welcome to anytime, CAH is a respected member of there as is some others that post here...Hell i started on SN and spent ALOT of time there before coming here.

Just to restate the point - there is no bad blood between the sites, never has been and never will be. I personally have encouraged my members to come over here and talk and have even asked people that are getting out of hand to knock it off.

While I'm not trolling for new members, all SF members are more than welcome at SN and hopefully, vice versa. I understand that we're a little "different" and not everyone's cup of tea, but that's OK. There's enough room on the internet for everyone.

Brothers In Colors,
DD

CAH
07-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Just to restate the point - there is no bad blood between the sites, never has been and never will be. I personally have encouraged my members to come over here and talk and have even asked people that are getting out of hand to knock it off.

While I'm not trolling for new members, all SF members are more than welcome at SN and hopefully, vice versa. I understand that we're a little "different" and not everyone's cup of tea, but that's OK. There's enough room on the internet for everyone.

Brothers In Colors,
DD
LOL Great post, Dave. I might mention that Dave is a sweetheart, who will do anything to stir the pot. :toofunny:

I like both boards and as Dave almost said. "We are brothers and sisters in Colors."

Diamond Dave
07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
LOL Great post, Dave. I might mention that Dave is a sweetheart, who will do anything to stir the pot. :toofunny:

I like both boards and as Dave almost said. "We are brothers and sisters in Colors."

Pipe down, you old bat or I'll leave you here and drive off.

CAH
07-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Pipe down, you old bat or I'll leave you here and drive off.
You learned to drive? :rolleyes:

Man_Of_Steel
07-12-2006, 02:51 PM
I belong to Steeler Nation and have been their for 7 years.

Is it a pay site now?

section514
07-12-2006, 04:46 PM
you have to pay to do anything aside from posting

pay for avatar, sig, and other shit i guess, i'd rather give $10 here for a green tag and help out the cause and know its going to help good steeler fans,

The Masterful Chameleon
07-12-2006, 08:09 PM
That was some 3 years, I was mistaken for a man. I didn't help matters like I was divorced and I only referred to my exhusband as my ex. No one said it but when it was revealed, some guys admitted to thinking I was a gay dude. LOL

They found out when we met at Heinz Field for that game I mentioned in above post. Not only was I revealed as female but I'm also as an old bag. Dave, the owner, kept it a secret all those years which was great.

I do want to share this, and CAH will probably figure out who I am, but Dave actually emailed me and stated, I have this person that everyone thinks is a guy but is really a woman and she is wondering if people would care if she revealed it. Talk about VAGUE. I never could figure it out either. Had CAH pegged for some mid-40ish accountant guy with glasses and a receding hairline.

Almost died when she had that sex change operation.

CAH is one of a kind.:blurp:

CAH
07-12-2006, 08:58 PM
you have to pay to do anything aside from posting

pay for avatar, sig, and other shit i guess, i'd rather give $10 here for a green tag and help out the cause and know its going to help good steeler fans,

SN has a $5 per month donation and 6 months paid is given a discount. We knew as the membership grew, bigger equipment was needed since the board was almost at a crawl.

LOL As for the paying for avatars, etc., that was just from members pulling your chain, which they do to FNGs as well as requiring new female members to post a pic of themselves in a thong.

CAH
07-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I do want to share this, and CAH will probably figure out who I am, but Dave actually emailed me and stated, I have this person that everyone thinks is a guy but is really a woman and she is wondering if people would care if she revealed it. Talk about VAGUE. I never could figure it out either. Had CAH pegged for some mid-40ish accountant guy with glasses and a receding hairline.

Almost died when she had that sex change operation.

CAH is one of a kind.:blurp:
If you don't want to say your name, PM me. LOL Chicken shit .HAHAHAHAHA

I want to know now!!!!!!

The Masterful Chameleon
07-12-2006, 09:04 PM
I do not care. I run from no man.

Now, my wife scares the hell out of me.

The Masterful Chameleon
07-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Its easy baby, read the initials.

The Masterful Chameleon is the name I started using after being banned from HoBengals.com.

CAH
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
Its easy baby, read the initials.

The Masterful Chameleon is the name I started using after being banned from HoBengals.com.
OH MY GOD!!!!! TMC LMAO

We have a friend who named their cat after you. :bouncy:

Fire Haley
07-13-2006, 05:29 PM
OH MY GOD!!!!! TMC LMAO

We have a friend who named their cat after you. :bouncy:

You calling TMC a pussie?

83-Steelers-43
07-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Went there for a few days to get a feel. It's pretty sad and pathetic. Completely sucks for the most part. Some real straight up pricks on that site.

Came here and I was met with total open arms. Clevestinks, Suit (get back here), TH, Deisel, Blitz, Prosdo, BTW2, Blackngold (both of ya) etc.......totally cool people (even though I get carried away at times and I apologize). Steeler Nation is full of pricks. I'm sorry. That's as plain as I can put it.

You can joke around here as long as it doesn't get out of hand and I will be the first to admit that I took it a little far at times and I apologize. It's a classy Steeler site with the best fans on the globe.

And for once in my life, I actually met a cool Patriot fan. 3 to be 4. Never thought I would say that in my life.

So once again.........Steeler Nation doesn't have jack compared to this site. It literally is the best Steeler site on the net. I tip my hat to those in charge. You guy/gals do a helluva job.

Salute!

section514
07-13-2006, 06:43 PM
double post sorry

CAH
07-13-2006, 08:14 PM
You calling TMC a pussie?
TMC is a football whiz. I read all of his football posts b/c his logic is uncanny.

Now, as far as TMC in the General Discussion Forum, he deserves a lot of names. LOL One poster named her cat after him since he hates cats.

BTW He would be a plus for any football board.

section514
07-13-2006, 09:08 PM
i got banned today until friday from steelernation, mainly b/c i was defending myself

but o well, if i ever sit next to anyone from steelernation at a steeler game, we would never know, its a giant family once you sit in a yellow seat

BAS
07-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Went there for a few days to get a feel. It's pretty sad and pathetic. Completely sucks for the most part. Some real straight up pricks on that site.

Came here and I was met with total open arms. Clevestinks, Suit (get back here), TH, Deisel, Blitz, Prosdo, BTW2, Blackngold (both of ya) etc.......totally cool people (even though I get carried away at times and I apologize). Steeler Nation is full of pricks. I'm sorry. That's as plain as I can put it.

You can joke around here as long as it doesn't get out of hand and I will be the first to admit that I took it a little far at times and I apologize. It's a classy Steeler site with the best fans on the globe.

And for once in my life, I actually met a cool Patriot fan. 3 to be 4. Never thought I would say that in my life.

So once again.........Steeler Nation doesn't have jack compared to this site. It literally is the best Steeler site on the net. I tip my hat to those in charge. You guy/gals do a helluva job.

Salute!

I was under the impression that the owners of steelernation.com and steelersfever.com have a "no animosity" policy going.

This thread certainly isn't conducive to it

SteelCityMan786
07-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Alright everyone, let's not start a holy war with SN. They've got some cool people over there and even though Dave runs their forum differently than we run SF they're still to be respected for their longevity and for alot of the cool members they have over there.

Ocassionaly I'll spend a couple of days over there but pretty much I spend my normal time here.

section514
07-13-2006, 10:20 PM
i asked for this thread and the i'm trying thread to be deleted

Stlrs4Life
07-13-2006, 11:53 PM
what a joke, their site is so boring!

I also have been a member there also for 7 years. It's far from boring. I like both sites.

Stlrs4Life
07-14-2006, 12:06 AM
i got banned today until friday from steelernation, mainly b/c i was defending myself

but o well, if i ever sit next to anyone from steelernation at a steeler game, we would never know, its a giant family once you sit in a yellow seat

Funny, because I own a seat in Sec 514 Row HH Seat 7:busted:

Livinginthe past
07-14-2006, 01:49 AM
What they need is a thread about sand sculpture...

Oh wait.

You say they have one already?

How can anyone call that site boring?

NM

Big D
07-14-2006, 08:46 AM
I like this site because there is only one prick on this whole entire website. Otherwise everyone else in here is awesome.

slashsteel
07-15-2006, 05:09 PM
I like this site because there is only one teenage drama queen on it.

Who usually can't seem to type more than one line

at a time.

But other than that I love this site!

:dang:

Suitanim
07-15-2006, 08:46 PM
The one lesson I've drug away from all this nonsense? There is a huge World out there beyond the keyboard and monitor. I don't regret the many, many, MANY hours I've spent on Steelers MB's, but I don't see myself posting all the time (and I mean ALL the time) again anytime soon.

And, truth be told, I have met a bunch of really cool people posting up over the last 10 years.

CAH
07-15-2006, 11:05 PM
The one lesson I've drug away from all this nonsense? There is a huge World out there beyond the keyboard and monitor. I don't regret the many, many, MANY hours I've spent on Steelers MB's, but I don't see myself posting all the time (and I mean ALL the time) again anytime soon.

And, truth be told, I have met a bunch of really cool people posting up over the last 10 years.
.....and one of them is CAH, right? Say no and I'll post your pic. :cool:

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm thinkin' about registering over at SN cause I have lots to say. :popcorn:

Nah, just kiddin'. Well, maybe... :sofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-16-2006, 12:27 PM
I like this site because there is only one prick on this whole entire website. Otherwise everyone else in here is awesome.

...why ya gotta call me names!!:sofunny:

CAH
07-16-2006, 02:59 PM
...why ya gotta call me names!!:sofunny:
Oh, you're the prick? :toofunny:

Truthfully, I haven't been here long enough to notice any.

CAH
07-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm thinkin' about registering over at SN cause I have lots to say. :popcorn:

Nah, just kiddin'. Well, maybe... :sofunny:
Better change your name if you do. We have a SteelrzGirl there, a moderator.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-17-2006, 01:24 AM
In an effort to diffuse any more possible issues with SF and SN and all the rantings going on lately, this thread is closed. Also by the request of the creator of the thread.