PDA

View Full Version : Wow my idea may be a reality?

rthorsn
02-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Well I posted a couple weeks ago that I really wanted Hue Jackson as our OC and I guess there is a chance Tomlin might agree with me.

Says nothing about a interview yet but lets hope. Just hope its not Todd Hailey!!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02/report-steelers-may-have-interest-in-talking-to-hue-jackson/

OX1947
02-01-2012, 05:12 PM
YACK! Hue Jackson is terrible. Coached the most penalized team in NFL history. Has no discipline or authority over anyone. I would have rather had Arians stay then have this clown be OC. Sorry.

TRH
02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Gawd. NO HUE jackson, please. That would be one definite step down.

TomlinsThorn
02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Well I posted a couple weeks ago that I really wanted Hue Jackson as our OC and I guess there is a chance Tomlin might agree with me.

Says nothing about a interview yet but lets hope. Just hope its not Todd Hailey!!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02/report-steelers-may-have-interest-in-talking-to-hue-jackson/

I'm honestly curious to know why you think Hue Jackson would be a good OC for the Steelers.

I don't see it. .

TRH
02-01-2012, 05:20 PM
And for another thing...what's all this "...and the Steelers may want to talk to ---, and ----.....".

They better get some fire under their a** and get a hire in place...before all the good ones are gone and we're picking from Hue Jackson and the like. Other teams are interviewing and immediately hiring.

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 05:25 PM
haley or clements would be fine. i don't know about hue though, then again, i don't have much info on jackson.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Oh hell. Please no. I'd rather have Arians.

Atlanta Dan
02-01-2012, 05:28 PM
And for another thing...what's all this "...and the Steelers may want to talk to ---, and ----.....".

They better get some fire under their a** and get a hire in place...before all the good ones are gone and we're picking from Hue Jackson and the like. Other teams are interviewing and immediately hiring.

Tomlin did not see this coming - he had no idea Arians actually was going to get booted, unfortunately lost his default in-house choice when Coach Wilson was injured, has to work through this while having just lost his father, and IMO may be told to look outside the organization while according to the P-G being forced to waste time with a courtesy interview of Todd Haley as a favor to Haley's father.

What a mess

rthorsn
02-01-2012, 05:43 PM
I think it would be a good hire for a few reasons.

1) I don't want him as head coach. He did allow his team to get all those flags BUT you really think Mike Tomlin will allow HIS team to be that undisciplined? I don't see that being a issue with Tomlin having the Head Coach title.

2) He does 1 thing I don't think I ever heard Steelers fan say they hated. He ran the football. He ran the ball well. I KNOW he had runDMC and Bush but he also had a line that was not the most skilled ever. His rushing offense ranked 7th this year (a lot without RunDMC or a decent QB to help the run game). Pitt was 14th.

3) His passing offense was not horrible either. The Raiders were 11th in the league in passing even when they lost Campbell. Then played Kyle Boller (lol) till Palmer Who is coming off the couch and learning a new playbook took over. That is saying A LOT for his play calling. Just for reference Pitt was 10th this year in passing.

4) There offense with better at rushing and nearly as good (yardage wise) as ours last year. He also worked with his line much better than Bruce did. He created schemes that made them look better than they probably are.

5) His passing game featured a rookie Moore, an overpaid/over drafted DHB, a decent TE in Boss, and a few different QB's. Imagine what he could do with Big Ben, Miller, Wallace, Sanders, Brown!

6) He had better RB's production wise BUT I would love Redmans chances of having a big year. Let's not forget about Clay, Dwyer, and who knows maybe we draft somebody. Mendenhall is going to miss some time but he MAY bounce back.

7) I know his Red zone % was not that great but I feel like that could be a result of having a lack of talent. Something we all know the Steelers have!

8) .....That's all I have off the top of my head. I will think of more

All stat info was gathered by

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/seasontype/2

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 05:47 PM
I think it would be a good hire for a few reasons.

1) I don't want him as head coach. He did allow his team to get all those flags BUT you really think Mike Tomlin will allow HIS team to be that undisciplined? I don't see that being a issue with Tomlin having the Head Coach title.

2) He does 1 thing I don't think I ever heard Steelers fan say they hated. He ran the football. He ran the ball well. I KNOW he had runDMC and Bush but he also had a line that was not the most skilled ever. His rushing offense ranked 7th this year (a lot without RunDMC or a decent QB to help the run game). Pitt was 14th.

3) His passing offense was not horrible either. The Raiders were 11th in the league in passing even when they lost Campbell. Then played Kyle Boller (lol) till Palmer Who is coming off the couch and learning a new playbook took over. That is saying A LOT for his play calling. Just for reference Pitt was 10th this year in passing.

4) There offense with better at rushing and nearly as good (yardage wise) as ours last year. He also worked with his line much better than Bruce did. He created schemes that made them look better than they probably are.

5) His passing game featured a rookie Moore, an overpaid/over drafted DHB, a decent TE in Boss, and a few different QB's. Imagine what he could do with Big Ben, Miller, Wallace, Sanders, Brown!

6) He had better RB's production wise BUT I would love Redmans chances of having a big year. Let's not forget about Clay, Dwyer, and who knows maybe we draft somebody. Mendenhall is going to miss some time but he MAY bounce back.

7) I know his Red zone % was not that great but I feel like that could be a result of having a lack of talent. Something we all know the Steelers have!

8) .....That's all I have off the top of my head. I will think of more

All stat info was gathered by

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/seasontype/2

Thanks for taking the time to put together a well-thought out response and not curse at us, lol. That's been happening a lot. I guess Hue as an OC wouldn't be as bad as it would be as a head coach. Look at Todd Haley, he didn't have success as a head coach.

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for taking the time to put together a well-thought out response and not curse at us, lol. That's been happening a lot. I guess Hue as an OC wouldn't be as bad as it would be as a head coach. Look at Todd Haley, he didn't have success as a head coach.

todd haley did have major success as an OC though. hue jackson seems to have a shitty track record as an OC.

looking at that, i don't want to replace someone who's always sucked as an OC, with someone else who's always sucked as an OC. the fact that he hasn't held a job in the NFL longer than 2 years is also disturbing

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 05:59 PM
todd haley did have major success as an OC though. hue jackson seems to have a shitty track record as an OC.

looking at that, i don't want to replace someone who's always sucked as an OC, with someone else who's always sucked as an OC. the fact that he hasn't held a job in the NFL longer than 2 years is also disturbing

You have a point, he's been VERY unsuccessful as a coordinator, and even more so as a head coach. I believe he kicked the Raiders off to a 7-4 start and then followed that up with a 1-4 finish. Sounds similar to the breakdown in which we had in '09 with Tomlin as head coach, but it's something you can't do in your first year and expect to be taken seriously.

rthorsn
02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree I would love to have a stable work history of a guy who has been a GREAT OC and has a awesome 50-50 run/pass ratio but I think we all know that won't ever happen.

I see your point with Hailey. I just live in the midwest and saw him on TV every Sunday and on every news station. He just rubbed me as a huge jerk. Not to say we need to hire a choir boy. Plus yes Hue has bounced around. Some were for better job openings though.

Remember Tomlin was only in Minnesota for 1 season. I don't know if Hue's were all promotions or what but maybe some were?

Oh and this is for all candidates for OC not just Hue or Hailey. NOBODY wanted Mike McCarthy to be the Packers head coach because of his horrible history as a OC. Well he just was a late bloomer I guess.

PS. It took everything I had to write a compliment about the Packers. I need a drink now....

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 06:06 PM
I agree I would love to have a stable work history of a guy who has been a GREAT OC and has a awesome 50-50 run/pass ratio but I think we all know that won't ever happen.

I see your point with Hailey. I just live in the midwest and saw him on TV every Sunday and on every news station. He just rubbed me as a huge jerk. Not to say we need to hire a choir boy. Plus yes Hue has bounced around. Some were for better job openings though.

Remember Tomlin was only in Minnesota for 1 season. I don't know if Hue's were all promotions or what but maybe some were?

Oh and this is for all candidates for OC not just Hue or Hailey. NOBODY wanted Mike McCarthy to be the Packers head coach because of his horrible history as a OC. Well he just was a late bloomer I guess.

PS. It took everything I had to write a compliment about the Packers. I need a drink now....

Some coaches just need the right situation to land in for them to hit there potential. There's gold in every coach, it's just found under the right circumstances. Wouldn't be surprised if Hue get's a job somewhere, but right now, we're interviewing Todd Haley, Tom Clements and Randy Finchtner. That's the only sure interviews as of right now, and i'm excited to see what Clements does.

rthorsn
02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
We all talk like we know whats best but unless we get a paycheck I doubt we do lol. Plus there is a perk to being a Steelers fan. You know 99.99% of the time we hire a awesome guy. Like him or hate him Bruce still won a Super Bowl. We have an amazing head coach and star QB. We could be a lot worse off no matter who we hire.

BKAnthem
02-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Just for reference our special teams coach didn't set the world on fire in his previous spot either..and he got a pass on this board

BengalDestroyer
02-01-2012, 07:15 PM
At this point...Haley. Screw Jackson, as mentioned already no discipline, and he coached with Ravens, gross...the Raiders, the most penalized team in the HISTORY of the NFL.... C'mon man!!!!!!!!

Give me Haley please, or at least Fitchner. I bet Clements wants a lot of money anyway....

60_MINUTES
02-01-2012, 09:38 PM
please bring someone in that is smart and can pick a D apart... Jackson is retarded and has shown it many times.. Why some of you dont like Todd H I cant understand.. the guy as a O coord has looked damn good in this league.. He is from the parcells coaching tree.. and spent two seasons with Shawn Peyton in Dallas... thats good enough for me

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 09:50 PM
please bring someone in that is smart and can pick a D apart... Jackson is retarded and has shown it many times.. Why some of you dont like Todd H I cant understand.. the guy as a O coord has looked damn good in this league.. He is from the parcells coaching tree.. and spent two seasons with Shawn Peyton in Dallas... thats good enough for me

He's definitely learned from the best...

But it's not his skills that worry people, it's his temper. He has a tendency to go off regularly, and when he does, he seems childish. It's not a Cowher temper, it's a kid who didn't get what he wanted type of temper.

StainlessStill
02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm going to hang low until the announcement and not get TOO convinced on candidates. When I do that, there's always a setup for disappointment from a fan's perspective. I'm constantly debating on several sites so I'm going to wait and take the burden off my brain until the official announcement. The same things are being said and re-hashed over and over. Giving me a headache!

60_MINUTES
02-01-2012, 09:58 PM
He's definitely learned from the best...

But it's not his skills that worry people, it's his temper. He has a tendency to go off regularly, and when he does, he seems childish. It's not a Cowher temper, it's a kid who didn't get what he wanted type of temper.

right and with BEN that could be a scary combo but I actually think its what BEN needs.. I really think BEN would end up being fine

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 10:15 PM
right and with BEN that could be a scary combo but I actually think its what BEN needs.. I really think BEN would end up being fine

Ben's not the only one who pertains to the offensive coordinator. There's 10 other guys on that starting squad that are involved as well and there's no way of telling if that's what THEY need. All we can do is sit back and speculate on who the man will be, and i'm hoping it's Clements. If not Clements, than Haley.

60_MINUTES
02-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Ben's not the only one who pertains to the offensive coordinator. There's 10 other guys on that starting squad that are involved as well and there's no way of telling if that's what THEY need. All we can do is sit back and speculate on who the man will be, and i'm hoping it's Clements. If not Clements, than Haley.

me to.. I would love to see it be Clements..

I do think one thing though.. If its Haley then it shows Tomlin is not running anything as I figure it.. Tomlin told he had to keep Dick L when he took the job. now Butler is kept to fill the spot when open.. thats a rooney move.. of course getting rid of BA is a rooney move

I like it and Im with the rooneys.. I just dont see what Tomlin is doing other then nodding his head on the sideline

anyway lets hope we get Clements and if agree if not Haley and we should be on our way back to the superbowl

NoFieldFive
02-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Imagine the penalties Kemo would have with Jackson as the o/c. Piling on after the play would likely be encouraged by a Jackson led offense.

Jackson did have the Raiders off to a good start this year. their injuries were about equal, if not worse, than the Steelers had this year. Your qb and one of the best running backs in the game goes down....plus a number of other injuries.

But I'll pass on him as the o/c. not a Haley fan....reminds me of harbaugh too much (prickish). but if he can light some fire under this team then I could put up with him. it would be nice to see someone put discipline to Ben's game and workout habits

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 12:02 AM
One things for sure, and that's that Haley was a drunken prick before he was fired. Let's just hope that he's humbled by this and comes to the team with a new mindset. Hell, it's looking like he's not the man anyway, Dulac's already said he doubts it'll happen, and he's the one that reported Arians was on his way out right after Tomlin said he expected him back.

ricardisimo
02-02-2012, 04:58 AM
I'm not sure it's fair to judge Hue Jackson based on Steve Spurrier- and Bobby Petrino-coached teams. I think he did alright under the circumstances. I would welcome him. He seems eager to mix the pass and the run, not obsessed with one or the other.

The penalties critique is ridiculous. That's on the head coach, always. Either Tomlin has it under control or he doesn't. Has nothing to do with Lebeau or whoever is OC.

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 05:11 AM
I'm not sure it's fair to judge Hue Jackson based on Steve Spurrier- and Bobby Petrino-coached teams. I think he did alright under the circumstances. I would welcome him. He seems eager to mix the pass and the run, not obsessed with one or the other.

The penalties critique is ridiculous. That's on the head coach, always. Either Tomlin has it under control or he doesn't. Has nothing to do with Lebeau or whoever is OC.

He's certainly a likable coach from what i've heard.

wyn50
02-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Steelers taking a long time to find a OC. Clements has not been contacted yet from an article I read. I guess that is a good thing to not rush into hiring just anyone.

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 10:16 AM
"Aaron Rodgers could still lose his quarterbacks coach to another team.

It seems every time a team that looked at Tom Clements fills a vacancy, his name is dropped with another team.

The Pittsburgh Tribune Review reports the Steelers want to hire Clements for their vacant offensive coordinator's job.

Clements is a Pennsylvania native and did apply for the Penn State job this fall.

Head coach Mike McCarthy said during last week's Pro Bowl that he will make a decision about Green Bay's offensive coordinator this weekend. Clements is seen as a likely replacement for Joe Philbin.

The Steelers' interest could accelerate that decision."

I sure hope we get him.

Kingmagyar
02-02-2012, 12:13 PM
One of the many reasons why the Steelers may have given Arians the boot was they couldn't justify giving Mendenhall a new deal in the Arians system. Hue Jackson would certainly help Mendenhall be like a Mcfadden in Oakland and justify the money he would get on a new deal.

2010 when he was the OC in oakland
McFadden had 47 receptions for 507 yards to go with his rushing numbers.

It seems more and more like Hue Jackson is what the Steelers want out of their offense. Solid Running, short passing game to running backs, and deep ball strikes for scores.

Kingmagyar
02-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Tom Clements is a smart guy as his law degree will attest, but Aaron Rogers is a smart guy too. So how much of their success is the fact Rogers is the best QB in the league right now and has been in that system his whole career. How long would it take Ben to get up to speed.

Clements 2 years as an OC in Buffalo:
2004 7th points 25th in yards with Drew Bledsoe
2005 24th points 28th yards with Kelly Holcomb

in Green Bay as QB coach the offense has been top ten in pts and yards from 2007 -2011 4 of 5 times being in the top 5 in pts.

Kingmagyar
02-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Hue Jackson's career is diversified.

Washington Redskins
Running Backs coach
RB Stephen Davis rushed for 1,432 yards
OC in 2003 22nd in points 23rd in yards Patrick Ramsey QB

Cincinnati Bengals
Wide Receivers coach 2004-6
-Chad Ochocinco and T. J. Houshmandzadeh became one of the most prolific wide-receiving tandems in the NFL. Ran well and known for the deep passing game. ranked 10th, 4th, 8th in points those years.

Atlanta Falcons 2007
OC Bad year in 2007 with Atlanta when Joey Harrington was his QB near last in pts and yards

Baltimore Ravens 2008-9
QB coach
Flacco played better then, than he is now.
2008 11th in points 18th in yards
2009 9th in points 13th in yards Flacco 3,613 yards

Raiders OC
2010 6th in points 10th in yards from 31st ranking the year before he was hired.

So you get a coach who has coached running backs, wide receivers, QBs, and called offensive plays and game planned on the NFL level as a coordinator and has been a head coach. Sounds qualified to me.

Plus he knows 2 division opponents well.

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 12:58 PM

Washington Redskins
Running Backs coach

Cincinnati Bengals
-Chad Ochocinco and T. J. Houshmandzadeh became one of the most prolific wide-receiving tandems in the NFL. Ran well and known for the deep passing game. ranked 10th, 4th, 8th in points those years.

Atlanta Falcons 2007
OC Bad year in 2007 with Atlanta when Joey Harrington was his QB near last in pts and yards

Baltimore Ravens 2008-9
QB coach

Raiders OC
2010 6th in points 10th in yards from 31st ranking the year before he was hired.

So you get a coach who has coached running backs, wide receivers, QBs, and called offensive plays and game planned on the NFL level as a coordinator and has been a head coach. Sounds qualified to me.

:thumbsup:

rthorsn
02-02-2012, 02:01 PM

Washington Redskins
Running Backs coach

Cincinnati Bengals

Atlanta Falcons 2007

Baltimore Ravens 2008-9
QB coach

Raiders OC

Well researched! I think this really helps the cause. I was just happy 1 person in 4 pages of responses thought it wouldn't be a horrible idea. We will see.

60_MINUTES
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Well researched! I think this really helps the cause. I was just happy 1 person in 4 pages of responses thought it wouldn't be a horrible idea. We will see.

unless I was the one person you were talking about.. count me as number 2... we need a coach and someone to let the guys know what to do and where to go.. Our team already has to many buddy buddy things going on.. Tomlin is losing control of the team IMO and Hue Jackson has the same kind of relationship.. most of the time those things dont work.. Coaches are suppose to tell players what to do and players are suppose to pay attention and do it period. Bill Parcells, Tom Coughliin, Bill Belicheat, Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher,, Marty ball... CHUCK NOLL ( remember him ) all of these guys had great sucess.. not all won championships but they all had good sucess.. Give me a coach not another buddy running around and calling everyone dog.. and no Im not taking about race so dont even go there. I love the carnell Lake hire.. I also think Tomlin will turn into a great head coach for us over the years ( as he grows up and stops hanging with the guys)

anyway my main point is simple get me a coach and someone who coaches them up

John Grunden... ever seen him coach a QB up.. its a thing of greatness.. dont get me wrong the coach can have a relationship with the player and enjoy what that player does and have respect for the guy but he also has to let the player know that he is the boss as well

BKAnthem
02-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I think if they don't go with Clements...Hue should get a call and if Fitch wants to Bail,,,you have Doug Pederson or Alex Van Pelt

StainlessStill
02-02-2012, 06:02 PM
Green Bay just promoted Clements to their offensive coordinator position.

You would have to think that if we DO go outside, an announcement and the process is going to have to speed up. Another candidate of ours off the board.

I'd STILL like to see Haley. He's my choice to spice things up within our organization and how we ATTACK on offense.

zcoop
02-02-2012, 06:44 PM
unless I was the one person you were talking about.. count me as number 2... we need a coach and someone to let the guys know what to do and where to go.. Our team already has to many buddy buddy things going on.. Tomlin is losing control of the team IMO and Hue Jackson has the same kind of relationship.. most of the time those things dont work.. Coaches are suppose to tell players what to do and players are suppose to pay attention and do it period. Bill Parcells, Tom Coughliin, Bill Belicheat, Bill Cowher, Jeff Fisher,, Marty ball... CHUCK NOLL ( remember him ) all of these guys had great sucess.. not all won championships but they all had good sucess.. Give me a coach not another buddy running around and calling everyone dog.. and no Im not taking about race so dont even go there. I love the carnell Lake hire.. I also think Tomlin will turn into a great head coach for us over the years ( as he grows up and stops hanging with the guys)

anyway my main point is simple get me a coach and someone who coaches them up

John Grunden... ever seen him coach a QB up.. its a thing of greatness.. dont get me wrong the coach can have a relationship with the player and enjoy what that player does and have respect for the guy but he also has to let the player know that he is the boss as well

Don't even go there, race? Have you read what you have said about Tomlin on this board, compared him to and your rationale or lack thereof for it? And you have the audacity to preface another one of your subliminally racist rants against Tomlin, with the disclaimer about race?

Just Damn and give it a rest man.

60_MINUTES
02-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Don't even go there, race? Have you read what you have said about Tomlin on this board, compared him to and your rationale or lack thereof for it? And you have the audacity to preface another one of your subliminally racist rants against Tomlin, with the disclaimer about race?

Just Damn and give it a rest man.

Im not sure where your going with this man..My rants about Tomlin have nothing to do with Race.. I assure you that.. I just figured If I through out the dog word some retard would start yelling race race race... Ive said many times over Tomlin is on his way to being a great coach...IMO he has a lot to prove.. I think anyone that can coach at all could have done what Tomlin has done to this point.. he will show what he really is over the next 6 to 10 years...The reason I dont like Randy F or Hue jackson and one of the things I dont like about Tomlin is I dont think they lead... they spend to much time trying to be boys with the guys... I like Bill Cowher, Parcells, Gruden, Coughlin, Belicheat.... those guys coach and the player sits his ass down and does his job.. if they dont like it they can hit the road..

notice have you heard anything at all about the superbowl this week... anyone reported to go out to night clubs... strip clubs??? anyone doing anything out of line that we know of...

Its just IMO but I think Tomilin needs to grow up and practice what he preaches... he has a good mouth but doesnt back it up much.. that has nothing to do with race.. If you think so oh well thats your view... If you knew me and who I hung out with you might just be really suprized...most all of my buds black and white agree with me.. its what we spend most of our time on sundays and on the phone pissed about... Oh well call it race if you want.. thats the easy thing that everyone goes to no matter what is the subject lol.... get real man.....

so let me get the facts straight... if I say tomlin screws up every game as a game mgr, and I say he is nothing more then George Seifort, or Barry switzer so far... and he gets along to much with the guys... then that means im playing the race game.... ok got it now I know... so basically anyone who thinks Tomlin cant control or manage the game is racist.... got you man no problem:coffee::coffee::coffee:

zcoop
02-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Im not sure where your going with this man..My rants about Tomlin have nothing to do with Race.. I assure you that.. I just figured If I through out the dog word some retard would start yelling race race race... Ive said many times over Tomlin is on his way to being a great coach...IMO he has a lot to prove.. I think anyone that can coach at all could have done what Tomlin has done to this point.. he will show what he really is over the next 6 to 10 years...The reason I dont like Randy F or Hue jackson and one of the things I dont like about Tomlin is I dont think they lead... they spend to much time trying to be boys with the guys... I like Bill Cowher, Parcells, Gruden, Coughlin, Belicheat.... those guys coach and the player sits his ass down and does his job.. if they dont like it they can hit the road..

notice have you heard anything at all about the superbowl this week... anyone reported to go out to night clubs... strip clubs??? anyone doing anything out of line that we know of...

Its just IMO but I think Tomilin needs to grow up and practice what he preaches... he has a good mouth but doesnt back it up much.. that has nothing to do with race.. If you think so oh well thats your view... If you knew me and who I hung out with you might just be really suprized...most all of my buds black and white agree with me.. its what we spend most of our time on sundays and on the phone pissed about... Oh well call it race if you want.. thats the easy thing that everyone goes to no matter what is the subject lol.... get real man.....

so let me get the facts straight... if I say tomlin screws up every game as a game mgr, and I say he is nothing more then George Seifort, or Barry switzer so far... and he gets along to much with the guys... then that means im playing the race game.... ok got it now I know... so basically anyone who thinks Tomlin cant control or manage the game is racist.... got you man no problem:coffee::coffee::coffee:

I just felt a draft blowing up my rear. C'mon Man! Of the coaches you mentioned I'll give Parcells his due straight up (two rings), the others (except for the cheater) have done what Tomlin has done thus far in his young coaching career.

(Fact) It took Cowher (love him to death) 14 years to win a SB in a storied program such as ours. The Steeler organization has been built to win titles since the seventies. (Fact) Bill missed a few oportunities to have at least two more during the nineties (Imho), some were left on the table. He is still a great coach nonetheless. (See I can acknowledge a coaches accomplishments). I would not attempt to take away from his past value to the Steeler organization.

Gruden? (Fact) He won one and he did so early. Can't take anything away from him and won't attempt to, I like John. Coughlin? (Fact) Another one that has one under the belt. Give him his props (could be two after Sunday).

Pay close attention here. (Fact) Tomlin has one won a SB and lost one as a coach and has been coaching less time than the other guys that you referenced. Yet you want to some how denegrate what he has done this early in his career? You want to wait six to ten more years before an eval? C'mon Man! Come clean.

Either you have a personal beef with Mike or yes, it does reek of a little racism. BTW, all coaches have their faults, differents styles and motivational methods for running their teams, but at the end of the day, winning prevails.

I'm out man!

ricardisimo
02-04-2012, 06:01 AM
I'm not sure where the idea came from that Tomlin is "one of the guys", and that the boys can go out whoring every night at the strip clubs. Can you name a player who's been out of line under Tomlin? Or who's just generally been a boor? Ben. That's about it. But then Tomlin inherited his club's franchise QB... don't know just how much he has to say about it. :noidea:

Kingmagyar
02-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Out of Line players under Tomlin.

Santonio Holmes
Jeff Reed
Matt Spaeth
James Harrison
Ben Roethilisberger
Rashard Mendenhall

Almost any coach in the league would have won that super bowl in 2008 with Dick Lebeau calling the defense that year. So in my mind Tomlin has to prove his worth as a coach in the upcoming years. What he does do a great job of is having younger players ready to play. "Next man up" and having his offensive lineman practice at various positions along the line so they can step in and be ready to play anywhere.
I think he is a good coach but must improve his clock management greatly. Too many points are squandered away by this team.

60_MINUTES
02-04-2012, 10:44 PM

Santonio Holmes
Jeff Reed
Matt Spaeth
James Harrison
Ben Roethilisberger
Rashard Mendenhall

Almost any coach in the league would have won that super bowl in 2008 with Dick Lebeau calling the defense that year. So in my mind Tomlin has to prove his worth as a coach in the upcoming years. What he does do a great job of is having younger players ready to play. "Next man up" and having his offensive lineman practice at various positions along the line so they can step in and be ready to play anywhere.
I think he is a good coach but must improve his clock management greatly. Too many points are squandered away by this team.

Thank you amen.... I guess you said it better then me.. someone on here seems to think its Race cause I think Tomlin needs to prove something as well... Lol I just want him to prove he is not Barrry Switzer... IMO it will take a few years for him to do that... I do agree he is on his way.. but I agree he has little influence unless you count shitty game management in winning thus far.

one last thought on the race comment... If I had race problems then I wouldnt pull for the Steelers at all... I think our whole Offense other then BEN and Miller are black... I guess if I was into race I would pull for the Pats...lol... give me a break... someone thinks a Black coach makes bone head calls during the game and is to close to his players and all of a sudden its race...lol give me a ****ing break.

Last point and I will say it again... I like Tomlin and I love the young players he brings in... I think the replacements for our Vets look lke it will be another 10 years of not missing a beat... but anyone that cant see that Tomlin has lots to prove is wearing homer goggles.. The guy thus far has won with a team already in place.. now that team is fading out and Tomlin will have to do it more his way... To me over the next 5 or so years we will see if he can get it done... also to me he needs to get control of his team.. I think everyone is tiring of the movie quotes and speeches about attrition... just get the players under control go to work and lets see if he can take his team and kick ass for many years like the guys before him did

zcoop
02-05-2012, 10:03 AM
Thank you amen.... I guess you said it better then me.. someone on here seems to think its Race cause I think Tomlin needs to prove something as well... Lol I just want him to prove he is not Barrry Switzer... IMO it will take a few years for him to do that... I do agree he is on his way.. but I agree he has little influence unless you count shitty game management in winning thus far.

one last thought on the race comment... If I had race problems then I wouldnt pull for the Steelers at all... I think our whole Offense other then BEN and Miller are black... I guess if I was into race I would pull for the Pats...lol... give me a break... someone thinks a Black coach makes bone head calls during the game and is to close to his players and all of a sudden its race...lol give me a ****ing break.

Last point and I will say it again... I like Tomlin and I love the young players he brings in... I think the replacements for our Vets look lke it will be another 10 years of not missing a beat... but anyone that cant see that Tomlin has lots to prove is wearing homer goggles.. The guy thus far has won with a team already in place.. now that team is fading out and Tomlin will have to do it more his way... To me over the next 5 or so years we will see if he can get it done... also to me he needs to get control of his team.. I think everyone is tiring of the movie quotes and speeches about attrition... just get the players under control go to work and lets see if he can take his team and kick ass for many years like the guys before him did

Remember, you brought race into this discussion. I don't know what game you're playing but the dog ain't huntin.

You're the one who compared Tomlin's record to other coaches whom he clearly equals or trumps when using the rules you stipulated, only to raise the goal post where his success is concerned. Matter of fact, you keep chainging the targets in this post.

You called Gruden better than Tomlin, yet Gruden won a SB with players left over from Dungy's era. According to your last post, Tomlin won because of what was left in place. I personally don't have a problem with coaches winning based on a club's foundation. Just keep winning and Tomlin has done that whether you or others want to acknowledge that or not is your problem. But those are facts not mine or yours but plain and simple FACTS. We're still winning and that is the objective of football games last I checked.

You also inserted Cowher into the discussion. Cowher had 15 years in a great system that he took over, yet he won the SB in year 14. I think Cowher is a great coach not because I'm a Steeler fan but a student of the game as well. However, I believe that Tomlin will win more SBs if given the support that Cowher got during his tenure with us. There is a contrast to their style of coaching but both knew/know how to win games.

Again, I don't know what your beef is with Tomlin, but you need to come clean so we can have a straight up discussion. Many of us have issues with things that coaches do but we don't make it personal as you seemingly have done. All folks have to do is go back and read your post about Tomlin to see what I'm talking about.

My bottom line for football coaches, is just win games and give us a chance to take another SB. That is what Tomlin has been doing.

ricardisimo
02-06-2012, 02:57 AM

Santonio Holmes {Traded away for a bag of balls}
Jeff Reed {Cut}
Matt Spaeth {Gone}
James Harrison {Out of line how?}
Ben Roethilisberger {Suspended}
Rashard Mendenhall {Out of line how?}

What am I missing here? :noidea:

Lots of dominant defenses never even made the Super Bowl.

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 03:52 AM

Santonio Holmes
Jeff Reed
Matt Spaeth
James Harrison
Ben Roethilisberger
Rashard Mendenhall

:confused:

We're you dropped on your damn head???

Dominant defenses win championships. And those players, they we're disciplined. Look at the Jets and the foot coach. They WELCOME those type's of players.

ricardisimo
02-08-2012, 12:03 AM
As it turns out, defense won yet another championship. The mighty Cheats could only muster 17 points against Giants D, and they couldn't keep the always mediocre Eli Manning from yet another MVP title.