02-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Hey guys check NFL draft worlds 3 round mock draft http://nfl-draft-world.com/

Our first two picks are

Pick 24

Pittsburgh Steelers

Offense Rank 12: Passing rank 10 Rushing rank 14

Defense Rank 1: Passing rank 1, Rushing rank 8

Team needs: OG OT NT CB WR

The Steelers have major issues along the offensive line. Big Ben just made it through the season and was not able to stay upright when it counted most, against Denver in the Playoff game. Look for the Steelers to pounce (no pun intended) on the best lineman available. Kelechi Osmele might seem like a bit of a reach here but this kids has a tremendous upside and could develop into one of the best in the business if he stays motivated.

With the 24th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State

Pick 56

Casey Hamptom is getting up there in age and the Steelers defense needs to have a NT that can hold the point of attack. The Steelers will be hoping that Dontari Poe falls to them here but unluckily for the Steelers he is taken one pick earlier, so the Steelers get their consolidation prize and pick up Alamenda Ta’amu.

With the 56th pick the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Alameda Ta’amu Washington DT

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 01:25 AM
I think if both Barron and Vontaze are available at the point that we'll take one of them. Also, they have us getting a RB in round three. We have lot's of RB depth already, and Mendenhall tore his ACL, not his MCL.

ricardisimo
02-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Not to mention that I've seen numerous mocks with Osemele going late in the 2nd. 24th would be a reach, IMO. I would prefer would trade up to grab DeCastro, or luck into Glenn at our slot. If we grab a guard in the first, and Osemele is still there in the 2nd round, I say take him. :thumbsup: Don't even think about the line for the next few years.

BKAnthem
02-02-2012, 06:42 AM
I think Colbert can pick up a Decent Nose Later...Get that OL Shored Up

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 06:44 AM
I think Colbert can pick up a Decent Nose Later...Get that OL Shored Up

What's wrong with Colbert's nose??

:chuckle:

MDSteel15
02-02-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't see us taking RB Robert Turbin Utah State in any round! We are fine at RB til Mendy recovers...

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't see us taking RB Robert Turbin Utah State in any round! We are fine at RB til Mendy recovers...

Yeah. I don't think we'll take a Running Back considering the depth we have at that position, however, Mendenhall likely won't see the light of day on the football field for much of next season.

The ACL rehabbing period for athletes takes an estimated 8 months, and then another couple of months to get complete strength back in the muscle. As of right now, i've heard many opinions on his status for next season, and it's looking like we'll have to wait until Late October, Early November before Mendenhall's even activated on the roster. Hell, i'd be surprised if he plays next season at all. He may go on IR.

Expect Redman to start a majority of next season, with Batch backing him up.

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 08:50 AM
But even without Mendenhall, as you said, we're fine until he recovers. Redman, Batch, Dwyer, Clay and Spann are the names that come to mind.

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-02-2012, 06:54 PM
DL and ILB are our biggest need right now many people are thinking that we need to shore up the OL, but it is looking pretty good with LT-Gilbert, LG-Legursky/Rookie, C-Pouncey, RG-Foster, RT-Colon. We have absolutely no NT on the team worth noting and they will definitely have to attack that position. I really think they will attack a NT in the 1st. Poe will definitely be available there and they could definitely take a OL in the 2nd and then an ILB the 3rd.