PDA

View Full Version : danica patrick in nascar?

tony hipchest
07-10-2006, 06:52 PM
her contract runs out at the end of this season and her father/ business manager was a guest of j. roush this last weekend in chicago and espn reported they are exploring the option. im all for this.

actually im all for jeff gordon pushing her after a bump so i can watch him get beat up by a girl. :bouncy:

BlackNGold203
07-10-2006, 07:19 PM
her contract runs out at the end of this season and her father/ business manager was a guest of j. roush this last weekend in chicago and espn reported they are exploring the option. im all for this.

actually im all for jeff gordon pushing her after a bump so i can watch him get beat up by a girl. :bouncy:

She's wicked hot...i can think of alot of places I'd like to see her....:bouncy: :bouncy:

clevestinks
07-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Not so sure bumping and grinding is her cup of tea, but I would be willing to find out

Koopa
07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
if she was in nascar i wouldn't mind watching her turn left all day

Fire Haley
07-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Hell yes...bring her on...

http://www.motorpasion.com/archivos/images/danica_patrick_hot.jpg

tony hipchest
07-10-2006, 08:13 PM
i nominate my face for a plastercast mold for her new seat :sofunny:

BlackNGold203
07-10-2006, 08:16 PM
i nominate my face for a plastercast mold for her new seat :sofunny:

LMAO....:sofunny:

Jeremy
07-10-2006, 09:44 PM
She's a terrible driver.

She'll be one season (if that) and done in NASCAR.

BlackNGold203
07-10-2006, 09:49 PM
She's a terrible driver.

She'll be one season (if that) and done in NASCAR.

I got news for ya....that lil hottie will pull in so much freakin money to NASCAR...she can drive there as long as she wants....its about the money buddy....Imagine the huge companies bidding to sponsor her team!!!

Koopa
07-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Hell yes...bring her on...

http://www.motorpasion.com/archivos/images/danica_patrick_hot.jpg

damn she looks good in that pic, a tit job would make her a perfect 10, right now she's a 9

Jeremy
07-11-2006, 12:48 AM
I got news for ya....that lil hottie will pull in so much freakin money to NASCAR...she can drive there as long as she wants....its about the money buddy....Imagine the huge companies bidding to sponsor her team!!!

Companies who sponors teams want to associate themselves with someone who WINS. That little piece of white trash can't win in IRL. She'll run laps down every week and probably get in the way of real stock car drivers.

tony hipchest
07-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Companies who sponors teams want to associate themselves with someone who WINS. That little piece of white trash can't win in IRL. She'll run laps down every week and probably get in the way of real stock car drivers. i wanna see her on the track before i make that judgement cause i thought the same thing about gordon and stewart before they made the transition. only difference....?

danica has/had a more promising career in irl :bouncy:

Hawk Believer
07-11-2006, 12:56 AM
I heard a racing dude on the radio today saying that she has no intent of going to NASCAR because she has absolutley no stock car experience and she knowshe wouldn't do well there. The guy on the radio was saying that her dad is kind of an Archie Manning type who is a bit to involved in his kid's career at this point. I guess her contract is up at the end of this season and by him starting rumors about NASCAR, he might be raising her stock (no pun intended)for the next contract.

tony hipchest
07-11-2006, 01:00 AM
I heard a racing dude on the radio today saying that she has no intent of going to NASCAR because she has absolutley no stock car experience and she knowshe wouldn't do well there. The guy on the radio was saying that her dad is kind of an Archie Manning type who is a bit to involved in his kid's career at this point. I guess her contract is up at the end of this season and by him starting rumors about NASCAR, he might be raising her stock (no pun intended)for the next contract.

actually that makes the most sense. she has a much better chance of being a winner in irl than in cup. she probably would never win in cup, and she pretty much means the world in the irl series. i would have to say irl is where her bread is buttered.

SteelerzGirl
07-11-2006, 01:13 AM

I have to agree with ya there. There's no doubt in my mind that Danica could gain stock car experience very quickly. I would love to see her enter the NASCAR ranks!

Someone mentioned that her father is heavily involved in her career. I wonder how her hubby feels about it. Hmmm...

Hawk Believer
07-11-2006, 01:16 AM
actually that makes the most sense. she has a much better chance of being a winner in irl than in cup. she probably would never win in cup, and she pretty much means the world in the irl series. i would have to say irl is where her bread is buttered.
That's exactly what the analyst said. He thought she was actually doing pretty well in IRL for this early in her career. He said that long time IRL drivers take 27 races before they win on average. He also said that her personality is too competitive to take the time and poor results that she would have to endure to learn to drive stock cars.

SteelerzGirl
07-11-2006, 01:20 AM
He also said that her personality is too competitive to take the time and poor results that she would have to endure to learn to drive stock cars.

So she has a personality to want to win? Hello! :smile:

Hawk Believer
07-11-2006, 01:26 AM
So she has a personality to want to win? Hello! :smile:
He wasn't saying it in a bad way. I think he meant that even though she could probably end up making way more endorsement money in NASCAR, taking a step back to learn again just wouldn't be worth it to her. If thats the case I have a lot of respect for that.

BlackNGold203
07-11-2006, 07:50 AM
He wasn't saying it in a bad way. I think he meant that even though she could probably end up making way more endorsement money in NASCAR, taking a step back to learn again just wouldn't be worth it to her. If thats the case I have a lot of respect for that.

You watch...she'll cave in and run to the cash....do you think only "team" athletes are money hungry???

NASCAR is HUGE (although I'm not a fan...I still know a successful business when I see it)...The endorsement money alone will be way too much to pass up

Just my opinion....:cool:

Ambridge
07-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Danica is smokin'!! :drool:

A friend of mine who is a big NASCAR fan said it would be an easier transition from Indy cars to stock cars rather than vice versa........so maybe she could make a successful switch???

Jeremy
07-11-2006, 10:19 AM
There are drivers who can make the transition from open wheel racing to stock car racing. Juan-Pablo Montoya, Sam Hornish Jr, and Dan Wheldon are three guys who can do it. Danica Patrick won't be able to. The biggest reason is focus. Drivers at the Nextel Cup level need total focus on their job in order to run well. Patrick has come out in interviews and said she wants to be a part time fashion model. You can't have that kind of split-focus and still be successfull at the highest level of American stock car racing.

Plus she's just not very good. I've watched open wheel racing longer than I've watched stock car racing and Patrick simply isn't a very good driver. Oh she's great when the car is set up perfectly. But she has no idea what to do when the setup on her car is off. That one trait alone will kill her in stock car racing where the setup is almost never perfect from the start.

Stay in IRL Patrick......leave stock car racing to women who are serious about winning.

BlackNGold203
07-11-2006, 10:23 AM
Has there ever been a female NASCAR driver?

CowherLover
07-11-2006, 12:53 PM
IF she makes the attempt, I think she would be foolish to dive right in. That's why Nascar has all of the developmental divisions and she would be crazy not to test her skills in those division first. I'm all for her being successful wherever she's at, but I'd hate to see the same thing happen over and over again with female drivers.
Ray Evernham is doing exactly what should be done with Erin Crocker. Jeremy Mayfield was just whining about Ray not being there for his Cup teams on Sunday because he's spending so much time with her and developing her skills. Here's a tissue for your issue there Jeremy! Sorry, got off topid- He's bringing her through the ranks and not just pushing her into the limelight. He wouldn't waste his time on her if he didn't feel she didn't have the talent. This is the same guy who brought us Jeff Gordon, he has an eye for talent.

Jeremy
07-11-2006, 01:08 PM
I'll wait until Erin Crocker can finish a truck race on the lead lap before I call her a good driver.

Patrick's ego is too big to go through an entire season of Busch Series racing. She needs the limelight. Taking her clothes off for FHM or whoever is a pretty thin coverup for the fact that she lacks the skills to run on oval tracks. She should really be racing in the Champ Car series because she was trained as a road course racer.

In this PC world we live in, she'll probably get a ride if she wants one. I can only imagine that Jack Roush will fall over himself to have the opportunity to take away some of Toyota's thunder next season.

Big D
07-11-2006, 02:18 PM
get patrick out of the race car and put her behind the wheel of a mini van :)

Fire Haley
07-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Danica is smokin'!! :drool:

A friend of mine who is a big NASCAR fan said it would be an easier transition from Indy cars to stock cars rather than vice versa........so maybe she could make a successful switch???

Scott Pruit says it ain't so easy.....besides.....we know you don't have any friends.

Fire Haley
07-11-2006, 06:21 PM
Ray Evernham is doing Erin Crocker.

There...fixed that for you...

SteelerzGirl
07-11-2006, 10:10 PM

Thanks for the explanation, Hawk. I can see his point, I guess, but I really would love to see Danica break into NASCAR.

Hmmm... Who could her sponsors be? Would they be sponsors who would be geared towards women? Playgirl perhaps? :grin:

Big D
07-12-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Hawk. I can see his point, I guess, but I really would love to see Danica break into NASCAR.

Hmmm... Who could her sponsors be? Would they be sponsors who would be geared towards women? Playgirl perhaps? :grin:
tampax

SteelCityMan786
07-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Even more NASCAR attraction. She wants to jump ship, Fine. At least report that I heard from ESPN Radio's Gamenight was right now she is negotiating a new deal to stay with her current race team in the IRL.(I don't know even anyone said that yet). How accurate not certain

tony hipchest
07-12-2006, 05:57 PM
Even more NASCAR attraction. She wants to jump ship, Fine. At least report that I heard from ESPN Radio's Gamenight was right now she is negotiating a new deal to stay with her current race team in the IRL.(I don't know even anyone said that yet). How accurate not certain your right. the guys just said she announced she wants to win in irl before even thinking about cup. listening to her talk about it, it seems going from a 14 race schedule (weak) to a 36 race schedule would be too much for her.

Koopa
07-12-2006, 06:26 PM
your right. the guys just said she announced she wants to win in irl before even thinking about cup. listening to her talk about it, it seems going from a 14 race schedule (weak) to a 36 race schedule would be too much for her.

well if that's the case, we'll never see her racing for a cup

Ambridge
07-12-2006, 09:51 PM
Scott Pruit says it ain't so easy.....besides.....we know you don't have any friends.

Thanks Spikiller.

I bet you about shit yourself when you had to lose the Flying Pig Sig??

CowherLover
07-12-2006, 10:58 PM
Sorry Jeremy and Killer but you both sound like :jerkit:. Could you be any bigger egomaniacs or more full of testoserone? This is the arguement you were looking for I'm sure. Well I'll bite, come on with it big boys!

Jeremy
07-13-2006, 12:53 AM
A couple of things.

Danica Patrick hasn't won an IRL race yet. Tony Stewart was a two time champion when he made the move to NASCAR.

Patrick is a trained street and road course racer. NASCAR races on mainly oval tracks. She needs a few more years of experience racing on ovals before she can make the change and be competitve.

Maybe she can make the switch someday. But this isn't the time.

I don't know that NASCAR is the right thing for Patrick. She has talked about her love for fashion and how she would like to model. I don't know if that passion would fit well into the 365 day a year culture of NASCAR.

Jeremy
07-13-2006, 02:46 AM
Sorry Jeremy and Killer but you both sound like :jerkit:. Could you be any bigger egomaniacs or more full of testoserone? This is the arguement you were looking for I'm sure. Well I'll bite, come on with it big boys!

Don't get so riled up. My posts were just for grins, but also to show the type of reception she'd received among a good part of the NASCAR fan base.

Any driver who can lead at Indy has some talent, and my respect. But the time just isn't right for her to make the move.

CowherLover
07-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Companies who sponors teams want to associate themselves with someone who WINS. That little piece of white trash can't win in IRL. She'll run laps down every week and probably get in the way of real stock car drivers.
I was admittedly intoxicated last night when I called you and Killer a jerk-off, sorry if that was a bit harsh. Back to the topic. This is just one of your posts in regards to her. That statement is easy enough to understand.

BlackNGold203
07-13-2006, 10:23 AM

Although I see what you are saying....keep your mind open to the modern business world....Companies who sponsor teams want to associate themselves with whoever can draw the most attention to their products...REGARDLESS of whether they are cup champions or not....the cold hard truth here is that SEX SELLS...it's 2006 my friends...I dont necessarily agree with it or condone it...but I do recognize it as a business truth. If this lil hottie starts runnin NASCAR...her team will be INUNDATED with major sponsors....look away from the sport for a moment...yeah...she may suck as a NASCAR driver...but she will get damn rich doing it...thats all I'm saying...

Jeremy
07-13-2006, 10:52 AM
I was admittedly intoxicated last night when I called you and Killer a jerk-off, sorry if that was a bit harsh. Back to the topic. This is just one of your posts in regards to her. That statement is easy enough to understand.

Like I said, my posts were for laughs and not to be taken seriously. If you found my humor in bad taste, I'm sorry.

Personally, I think she has talent. But I don't know if she has enough talent to step right into Nextel Cup.

Fire Haley
07-13-2006, 02:01 PM
Thanks Spikiller.

I bet you about shit yourself when you had to lose the Flying Pig Sig??

He's been put out to stud......the Pig karma WORKED, like I always said it would...
Never forget...we have him to thank...

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/9A/78/56841370-d230-02000180-.jpg

Fire Haley
07-13-2006, 02:09 PM
Could you be any bigger egomaniacs or more full of testoserone? ....come on with it big boys!

You want more pics?.... all you had to do was ask...

http://wizbangblog.com/archives/danica_patrick.jpghttp://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/06/15/conexiones/danica_patrick04.jpghttp://fernandoalonso.bitacoras.com/images/danica_patrick_hot.jpg