PDA

View Full Version : QB Files: Tom Brady vs. Terry Bradshaw

Atlanta Dan
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Interesting read in The New York Times

With Tom Brady set to become the second quarterback to start five Super Bowls, The Fifth Down is comparing his body of work to some of the sport’s greatest performers in the game that decides it all.

They say you cannot compare players from different eras....So, what would the same people have to say about comparing Brady with Terry Bradshaw?...

Each contributed relatively little statistically in his first Super Bowl (relying heavily on a hard-hitting defense to keep the score close) and each blossomed into a 300-yard passer over the course of his four Super Bowl appearances....

In just over half as many passing attempts, Bradshaw threw for nearly as many yards and more touchdowns than Brady. His average of 11.09 yards per attempt would break the single-season record, set by Sid Luckman in 1943 ..

Brady seemingly has met his match in Bradshaw. While more accurate and less prone to turnovers in the Super Bowl than Bradshaw, Brady has not been as explosive offensively, and that glaring loss to the Giants seems to give Bradshaw all the edge he would need. :thumbsup:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/02/the-qb-files-tom-brady-vs-terry-bradshaw/?ref=sports

The 11.09 YPA by Bradshaw in his 4 Super Bowls was a shock until i recalled how many long TD passes Bradshaw completed in X (Swann), XIII (Stallworth), and XIV (Swann and Stallworth)

60_MINUTES
02-02-2012, 05:14 PM
yep people dont put Bradshaw in the big numbers dept because of the time he played in.. but Terry could throw the ball as good if not better then anyone in history.. IMO he threw the deep ball better then anyone in history.. no matter how you look at it.. great D, Great Team..etc... 4 SB to 0 Loss and Brady has the one Loss.. he falls short of the greatest QB Montana and Bradshaw.. Its all about the SB and Brady will forever have that loss...

IMO if he takes a loss this weekend it absolutey hurts his legecey... no question about it losing TWO superbowls would put a major hit on the great Brady.. not to mention if Eli beats him Twice I would have to put Eli ahead of Tom when it comes to who you would want in the big games..

FanSince72
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Brady, along with Montana and Rogers are "system players" meaning that their success is largely due to the type of offensive system in which they play. The proof of that is Flynn's success in Green Bay (when he replaces Rogers), Steve Young's success in San Fransisco (after Montana left) and Matt Cassel in New England (when he steps in for Brady). These backups and replacements barely miss a beat because the system works and they work within the system.

But Bradshaw was not part of a system. In his early days he was little more than a game manager. But as he developed, he became the identity of the Steeler offense as much (or more so) than Franco or the defensive line. Bradshaw, to me, was the best "money" QB in the game because no matter what kind of game he was having, he almost always brought it home when it counted most. He didn't do that by waiting for some grand plan to finally click and begin to work, he did that by seizing the moment and making it work and there isn't a system in the world that can account for that kind of ability.

The down side (if you want to call it that) was that his overall stats are mediocre at best because the way he played was more like rolling dice than counting cards and he didn't seem to care much about how he looked in terms of numbers because wins were the only number that mattered to him.

Bradshaw averaged about 16 TD's per season over his career which is what the average backup seems to do today. But Bradshaw existed in an era when running backs and defensive linemen were household names and QB's were considered little more than "necessary evil's". What I think separates Bradshaw most from other players was simply that he may have only thrown one TD or key pass in a game sometimes, but it was usually at a moment when the team most needed it and it was often the reason why we won the game.

Put it this way; if someone were to ask me who I'd want with the ball in his hands with time running out, the length of the field to go and only a couple of minutes or less and needing a TD to win, I'd want Bradshaw over everyone else and over any "system" that's out there.

4n2t0
02-02-2012, 08:03 PM
All QB's play in a "system". Besides, you don't think Brady, Montana, and Rodgers would have done well on those '70 Steelers teams? C'mon man, lol.

Bradshaw's great.
Brady's great.
Montana's great.
Marino's great.
P. Manning's great.

etc.................

FanSince72
02-02-2012, 11:37 PM
All QB's play in a "system". Besides, you don't think Brady, Montana, and Rodgers would have done well on those '70 Steelers teams? C'mon man, lol.

Bradshaw's great.
Brady's great.
Montana's great.
Marino's great.
P. Manning's great.

etc.................

Montana and Marino maybe. (Probably more Marino)

But Brady and Peyton?

Please.

You force either one of them to rush a pass or scramble and they both become incredibly average and very inaccurate QB's because neither one likes it when their system breaks down.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 05:38 AM
If the quarterback is forced into the pass it's by way of another player. This is about one player. The fact that Ben can make things happen under pressure makes him that much better than Brady and Manning.

FrancoLambert
02-03-2012, 06:23 AM

But Brady and Peyton?

Please.

You force either one of them to rush a pass or scramble and they both become incredibly average and very inaccurate QB's because neither one likes it when their system breaks down.

You're kidding, right?
Brady and Manning "incredibly average?"
If true, what do we label Ben?

DanRooney
02-03-2012, 06:54 AM
There's a reason Bradshaw isn't considered in the same discussion as Marino and Montana.

Let's take the homer glasses off. Brady will go down as the best if he wins on Sunday. I don't care if he sucks under pressure or not. He's not the same type of quarterback as Ben. Brady breaks records, wins. scores a ton of points and has been to 5 SBs in the past decade.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 07:05 AM
There's a reason Bradshaw isn't considered in the same discussion as Marino and Montana.

Let's take the homer glasses off. Brady will go down as the best if he wins on Sunday. I don't care if he sucks under pressure or not. He's not the same type of quarterback as Ben. Brady breaks records, wins. scores a ton of points and has been to 5 SBs in the past decade.

Ok. I can agree to this, but what if he loses?

DanRooney
02-03-2012, 07:07 AM

If he loses, I still put him as a top 3. Getting to a SB is still an accomplishment. Montana would likely go down as the best even though he was surrounded by a ton of talent, similar to Bradshaw. I refuse to say Marino is the best because he never won.

plenewken
02-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Brady has been to 5 SBs in the past decade.

He was not alone, and he also benefited from his coaching staff taping the opponent's defensive calls in 4 SB runs out of 5.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 07:18 AM
He was not alone, and he also benefited from his coaching staff taping the opponent's defensive calls in 4 SB runs out of 5.

:camera:

DanRooney
02-03-2012, 07:31 AM

3 out of 5

:coffee:

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 07:34 AM
3 out of 5

That's still three :hunch:

60_MINUTES
02-03-2012, 07:43 AM

anyone that gives Brady credit for being the best ever needs his head checked.. just because the NFL covered it up doesnt mean that you should. GOOD LORD man talking about taking the glasses off.. what do you really think happended during those years?
Doug Fluite said off the record of course that the information Tom was getting was unreal.. he said he didnt understand it until after the spy gate came out but then it made since and it made him kind of sick to be a part of it..When they ask Flutie what kind of infor he was talking about Flutie said Tom would get info in his helment ( flutie had a mic in his helment as well ) stuff like what side the blitz was coming from. where his hot read should be etc.. LOL they knew the exact play call the D was bringing and they w
ere giving it to Brady. Steve young who I hate was saying he heard the same things that it was much more to this then a few guys on the sidelines with signals.

Why in the world do you think the NFL burned the tapes and other stuff etc...

just because the NFL covered it up doesnt mean we should be that stupid as well. Do you know what Bill Bellicheats record duing spygate and tom bradys record.. was against teams in the playoffs that they had already played during the reg season... 7-0 during spygate.. do you know what their record is now playing teams in playoffs that they have faced during reg season ( 2 and 5 ) Gee Bellcheat seems to get out coached now days uh? lol un real

bottom line Brady and company should be treated no different then the guys who cheated baseball.. no stats... NO HOF nothing

by the way how many super bowls has Brady won since they were caught... a big fat

0 none...

Atlanta Dan
02-03-2012, 09:31 AM
If he loses, I still put him as a top 3. Getting to a SB is still an accomplishment. Montana would likely go down as the best even though he was surrounded by a ton of talent, similar to Bradshaw. I refuse to say Marino is the best because he never won.

Hard to leave Elway off your list - he also went to 5 SBs, won 2, and had a mediocre supporting cast for those 80s teams that were blown out by the Giants, Redskins, and 49ers

Sixburgher
02-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Montana would likely go down as the best even though he was surrounded by a ton of talent, similar to Bradshaw.

He won two Super Bowl MVPs throwing to the likes of Dwight Clark and Freddie Solomon. Outside of Montana, Rice, Lott and maybe Craig, the 49ers of the 80s were a pretty nondescript bunch.

FanSince72
02-03-2012, 10:44 AM

But Brady and Peyton?

Please.

You're kidding, right?
Brady and Manning "incredibly average?"
If true, what do we label Ben?

Are YOU kidding?

Are you saying that when Manning or Brady get flushed from the pocket and have to improvise --- they're GOOD?

That's their biggest problem!
When the receiver they had in mind isn't precisely where they need them to be at precisely the right moment, they tend to freak out a bit and both of them (when forced to improvise) tend to make bad decisions because they're waaaaay out of their comfort zones.

Danny136200
02-03-2012, 12:57 PM
This is a pretty funny discussion.

MACH1
02-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Brady or Manninig wouldn't last 5 games back in the day without the pussification rules.

Danny136200
02-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Brady or Manninig wouldn't last 5 games back in the day without the pussification rules.

Rule changes should be weighed in to the discussion as well. Im pretty sure Manning and Brady would be different QBs than what they are now back then, but to say they wouldn't last... Im not too sure about that.

FanSince72
02-03-2012, 01:32 PM
What really bugs me is that every time the Super Bowl rolls around and the inevitable "Best QB" argument comes up, why is everyone always compared to Montana and why is Bradshaw never in that conversation?

Case in point:
Today I'm watching First Take and the comparison between Montana and Brady comes up. So after all the usual yak yak, someone says that Brady may get to four, but he wouldn't be "perfect" (referencing Montana's 4-0 SB record).

Excuse me?

Where is Bradshaw in this conversation?
Bradshaw was already a "Perfect" 4-0 in SB's - in just six years, no less - when Montana was barely a rookie!

Why is Bradshaw the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL?

Danny136200
02-03-2012, 03:17 PM
What really bugs me is that every time the Super Bowl rolls around and the inevitable "Best QB" argument comes up, why is everyone always compared to Montana and why is Bradshaw never in that conversation?

Case in point:
Today I'm watching First Take and the comparison between Montana and Brady comes up. So after all the usual yak yak, someone says that Brady may get to four, but he wouldn't be "perfect" (referencing Montana's 4-0 SB record).

Excuse me?

Where is Bradshaw in this conversation?
Bradshaw was already a "Perfect" 4-0 in SB's - in just six years, no less - when Montana was barely a rookie!

Why is Bradshaw the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL?

Montana was a better QB than Bradshaw.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 03:25 PM

I could name several quarterback's better than Bradshaw right off the top of my head. You need to have a good team around you to win it all, and the Steelers we're certainly a good team.

harrison'samonster
02-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I've said it before, but I think if the Patriots lose and Brady never sees another SB, in 10 years the biggest thing anybody will remember about him is that he lost 2 X's to Eli Manning in the SB.

I think Brady's a great QB and he does win and set records but those wins don't mean much compared to SB victories and the records will be shattered within 10 years.

4xSBChamps
02-03-2012, 04:29 PM

"... fine James Harrison $250,000...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg
... and suspend him for life..."

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 04:32 PM
"... fine James Harrison $250,000...
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg
... and suspend him for life..."

Every word you speak is quoted. I'm jealous :chuckle:

FanSince72
02-03-2012, 05:10 PM

Maybe so, but at least mention him in the conversation.

I mean he was the first one to win four; doesn't that at least deserve a sentence or two?

Danny136200
02-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Maybe so, but at least mention him in the conversation.

I mean he was the first one to win four; doesn't that at least deserve a sentence or two?

You are right in that. He does deserve consideration, and its not like he did not make plays, he made several big ones.

BigRick
02-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Rule changes should be weighed in to the discussion as well. Im pretty sure Manning and Brady would be different QBs than what they are now back then, but to say they wouldn't last... Im not too sure about that.

Their careers would probably have ended by now if they had to play under the same rules as Bradshaw. Hell under todays rules you get a penalty for shoving a QB too hard.:helmet:

zcoop
02-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Their careers would probably have ended by now if they had to play under the same rules as Bradshaw. Hell under todays rules you get a penalty for shoving a QB too hard.:helmet:

You're right today's league has prima donna QBs. They might as well put a skirt on em. TB was one hellava gunslinging QB, I don't give a damn what anybody says. I enjoyed watching the teams play smash mouth football.

I don't think different era players can be given a fair comparison. There are too many variables to stack em up against each other. MHO.

jiminpa
02-03-2012, 07:42 PM
3 out of 5

Okay, but in his first one he got there by a mid-game rule change.

BigRick
02-03-2012, 11:16 PM
You're right today's league has prima donna QBs. They might as well put a skirt on em. TB was one hellava gunslinging QB, I don't give a damn what anybody says. I enjoyed watching the teams play smash mouth football.

I don't think different era players can be given a fair comparison. There are too many variables to stack em up against each other. MHO.

I don't know how long you have been a fan. But I can remember Buck Buchanan grabbing Bradshaw by the back of the pads and picking him up off the ground and slamming him down. He jumped up and got right in Buchanan's face. Terry was one tough SOB!:helmet:

zcoop
02-03-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't know how long you have been a fan. But I can remember Buck Buchanan grabbing Bradshaw by the back of the pads and picking him up off the ground and slamming him down. He jumped up and got right in Buchanan's face. Terry was one tough SOB!:helmet:

Yeah, remember that one.Been around since the seventies.

4xSBChamps
02-04-2012, 06:10 AM
Bradshaw also did some punting early inhis career, and served as an emergency punter for most of his career ~ when he threw an interception, it appeared that he enjoyed trying to make the tackle for his mistake, and when he tucked the ball to run, he often took-on defenders, rather-than step out-of-bounds

I also remember a report from early in his career, when he still hadn't clearly won the job from Hanratty, that Bradshaw went to the coaching staff, and volunteered to begin studying the role of the RB in the playbook, in an attempt to make that transition and help the team

He may've been high-risk/high-reward, and been a bit eccentric (for those times), but that man could play football with anybody, against opponent, in any era:
can you honestly say that about many of today's primma-donna quarterbacks?

Kanata-Steeler
02-04-2012, 02:53 PM
How many SB's has Terry lost ?, and how many SB's has Brady lost.?
That eternal "edge" will forever belong to TB.

GMU Steeler
02-04-2012, 02:54 PM
I'll take Terry and his four SBs over Brady.

zcoop
02-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I'll take Terry and his four SBs over Brady.

On any day of the week. TB's team didn't cheat to win his titles, they earned them.

GMU Steeler
02-04-2012, 03:03 PM
On any day of the week. TB's team didn't cheat to win his titles, they earned them.

Goes without saying.

Atlanta Dan
02-04-2012, 03:37 PM

Of course even Bradshaw could not get up from every hit that was delivered back then

t_BuDursFIg

If someone did that to Brady today they would be banned for life

zcoop
02-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Of course even Bradshaw could not get up from every hit that was delivered back then

t_BuDursFIg

In today's game they wouldn't have to do it. If they just think about doing it against Brady, Big Bro (Godell Squad) would fine em.

Damn, I remember that hit, he cleaned TB's clock.

4xSBChamps
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
t_BuDursFIg

suit me up!!!

BigRick
02-04-2012, 07:40 PM

t_BuDursFIg

Very true. That's was what I meant to put in the post, but got distracted and left it out. In that era QBs weren't protected like they are today. Saw a lot of other QBs besides Bradshaw take some hits, that as you point would get you banned for life in todays game.:tt03:

Kanata-Steeler
02-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Every single up n' comin' (wanna-be) QB wants to "EMULATE" a Montana, or a Marino,, or an Elway, or a Brady, ..., but NONE have I ever heard of, want to, or even try to, emulate a Terry Bradshaw.
Why, ?
-'cause none of them ( think they) are actually TOUGH enough physically, or mentally to grab and run with that chalice, and do it, in that short grinding time-frame, let alone, live, to talk about it.
Sorry Tom, but "...you can't touch that..." !

kan_t
02-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Every single up n' comin' (wanna-be) QB wants to "EMULATE" a Montana, or a Marino,, or an Elway, or a Brady, ..., but NONE have I ever heard of, want to, or even try to, emulate a Terry Bradshaw.
Why, ?
-'cause none of them ( think they) are actually TOUGH enough physically, or mentally to grab and run with that chalice, and do it, in that short grinding time-frame, let alone, live, to talk about it.
Sorry Tom, but "...you can't touch that..." !
They don't want to emulate a Terry Bradshaw because they won't last long in nowadays league with a 51.9 Comp% and 1:1 TD/Int ratio. And if they want to emulate a 'tough' QB, they can always pick Elway who is closer to their era.

4xSBChamps
02-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Why, ?

it's possible that even today's punktoids are aware of the reputation Bradshaw had as a young player of being "lil' Abner in-cleats", and they are reluctant to be classified as 'stupid':
also, his on-air persona of being an excitable guitar-playing 'country-bumpkin', and the fact that he refused to give a damn what he looked-like (gap-toothed & bald) might minimize his legend to those who never saw him play, especially with today's image-conscious, media savvy generation

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/TerryBradshawtoothless.jpg

Kanata-Steeler
02-05-2012, 08:57 AM
They don't want to emulate a Terry Bradshaw because they won't last long in nowadays league with a 51.9 Comp% and 1:1 TD/Int ratio. And if they want to emulate a 'tough' QB, they can always pick Elway who is closer to their era.

stats again ? -Lol,
there are a few QB's that don't start out shing right away, but atleast they wouldn't be "Limping" around for 5 games in a row, every year, like well.... nevermind.
TB, with today's "grass-skirts" QB-protectionist-rules could easily last 20 years.
TB was "physically" pretty tough.

Kanata-Steeler
02-05-2012, 09:00 AM
it's possible that even today's punktoids are aware of the reputation Bradshaw had as a young player of being "lil' Abner in-cleats", and they are reluctant to be classified as 'stupid':
also, his on-air persona of being an excitable guitar-playing 'country-bumpkin', and the fact that he refused to give a damn what he looked-like (gap-toothed & bald) might minimize his legend to those who never saw him play, especially with today's image-conscious, media savvy generation

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/TerryBradshawtoothless.jpg

That "stupid" QB, with those "stupid" 4 Rings. ?
Not only could TB spell "cat", but he even sang like one.
:chuckle:

Bayz101
02-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Now you'll see Kanata edit his post several times until he finally get's it right.

Kanata-Steeler
02-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Now you'll see Kanata edit his post several times until he finally get's it right.

oh ya, I forgot about you, the Super Ben Mod.

Bayz101
02-05-2012, 09:13 AM
oh ya, I forgot about you, the Super Ben Mod.

Super Ben Mod? I thought that shit you smoke 'expands' your mind :chuckle:

4xSBChamps
02-05-2012, 01:50 PM
That "stupid" QB, with those "stupid" 4 Rings. ?

I recall the Sports Illustrated article about SB9, and it said 'Bradshaw was stupid... like a fox'

Let's not forget that Noll basically threw Bradshaw into the fray with no professional experience, playing on a team that won a single game the prior year, so he didn't have a whole lota help in '70 & '71

BigRick
02-05-2012, 06:53 PM

Who knows what Bradshaw's stats would be in todays NFL.:helmet:

kan_t
02-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Sure. Just like no one knows what Starr's stats would be. Just point out that why nowadays QBs rarely emulate him.

4xSBChamps
02-05-2012, 07:34 PM
well... let's see

Kolb, Webster, Mansfield/Webster, Mullins/Courson, and Brown/Pinney could legally hold on-rushing linemen

Shanklin, Lewis, Swann & Stallworth would roam the secondary freely, unencumbered by things like bump & run, or Harris & Tatum allowed to knock them into the next zip-code

the running-game as a whole being down-played, with emphasis on throwing 40+ passes every game, even when ahead in the 4th quarter

does anybody here think he wouldn't throw for 4,000 yards each season (250/game), with 35-45 TD passes?

BigRick
02-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Sure. Just like no one knows what Starr's stats would be. Just point out that why nowadays QBs rarely emulate him.

The point is you can't emulate a player who had to play under a lot different rules. Hell if Unitas played under to days rules Manning probably wouldn't have many Dolt records. You pointed out Bradshaw's stats if he played under todays rules they would have been a lot better.:helmet:

4xSBChamps
02-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Ms. Brady... Mr. Bradshaw has two words for you...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/TerryBradshaw-4.jpg

FOUR, beeyotch!!!

jjpro11
02-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Ms. Brady... Mr. Bradshaw has two words for you...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/TerryBradshaw-4.jpg

FOUR, beeyotch!!!

Mr. ****ing Super Bowl! Bradshaw for life!!

kan_t
02-05-2012, 10:48 PM
The point is you can't emulate a player who had to play under a lot different rules. Hell if Unitas played under to days rules Manning probably wouldn't have many Dolt records. You pointed out Bradshaw's stats if he played under todays rules they would have been a lot better.:helmet:
My post is a reply of why nowadays QBs rarely emulate Bradshaw. Like you said different games, different rules. There's no point for them to emulate Bradshaw and make stats adjustment when they can easily pick Elway or Montana who's closer to today games.

BigRick
02-05-2012, 11:05 PM
My post is a reply of why nowadays QBs rarely emulate Bradshaw. Like you said different games, different rules. There's no point for them to emulate Bradshaw and make stats adjustment when they can easily pick Elway or Montana who's closer to today games.

Most QBs would love to emulate Bradshaw( stats aside) instead of Brady. Terry never lost a Super Bowl!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

stb_steeler
02-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Most QBs would love to emulate Bradshaw( stats aside) instead of Brady. Terry never lost a Super Bowl!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Right u are...........:drink:

GMU Steeler
02-05-2012, 11:14 PM
Brady really hasn't done much since 2004. He's a very good QB but I laugh at those who try to elevate him with Elway, Montana, and Bradshaw.

BigRick
02-05-2012, 11:26 PM
Brady really hasn't done much since 2004. He's a very good QB but I laugh at those who try to elevate him with Elway, Montana, and Bradshaw.

I really think Brady is a so-so QB in avery good system.:thumbsup:

GMU Steeler
02-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I really think Brady is a so-so QB in avery good system.:thumbsup:

I don't know. I do think he benefits from the system he's in. I definitely agree that he's overrated. I think Belichick's overrated too. I also think the Pats have benefited from having some weak division foes in the past decade. Bills? Dolphins? All incompetent as hell. Same with the Jets to a smaller degree. They don't have a rival like we do in the Ravens or even the Bengals really.

BigRick
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't know. I do think he benefits from the system he's in. I definitely agree that he's overrated. I think Belichick's overrated too. I also think the Pats have benefited from having some weak division foes in the past decade. Bills? Dolphins? All incompetent as hell. Same with the Jets to a smaller degree. They don't have a rival like we do in the Ravens or even the Bengals really.

Yeah I have to agree with everything you said.:helmet:

GMU Steeler
02-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah I have to agree with everything you said.:helmet:

Yeah man, we've been hearing about Belichick's this genius for how long now? I really question some of his draft choices. Two RBs this year on a team that desperately needed a pass rush?

BigRick
02-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah man, we've been hearing about Belichick's this genius for how long now? I really question some of his draft choices. Two RBs this year on a team that desperately needed a pass rush?

Thats been the knock on the Pats all season their defense. Even when they won they gave up a lot of yards. I think Belichick gets way to much credit.

GMU Steeler
02-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Thats been the knock on the Pats all season their defense. Even when they won they gave up a lot of yards. I think Belichick gets way to much credit.

He does get way too much credit. A solid coach, yes, but the genius? Uh no. A genius HC wouldn't neglect his DB depth to the point where he has to start Julian Edelman at corner.

BigRick
02-06-2012, 05:20 AM
He does get way too much credit. A solid coach, yes, but the genius? Uh no. A genius HC wouldn't neglect his DB depth to the point where he has to start Julian Edelman at corner.

Absolutely right. I forgot to mention how bad their DB was.