PDA

View Full Version : Steelers waiting on Kirby Wilson?

6RingsAndCounting
02-03-2012, 02:57 PM
John Clayton says that the Steelers seem to be waiting on Kirby Wilson to see if he becomes healthy enough to become the new OC.

https://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN

John Clayton @ClaytonESPN Close
If RB coach Kirby Wilson gets healthy soon, he'll likely end up as Steelers offensive coordinator. They seem to be waiting for him.

This would be a great story. I'm rooting for him.

MACH1
02-03-2012, 03:07 PM
I seriously doubt he'll be healthy enough too this year. He's probably got more surgeries to go through.

They need to get this position filled asap and not wait around till the last minute and end up standing there with their dicks in their hands and no OC.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I doubt very much that there waiting for coach Wilson to get healthy enough to coach, and unfortunately, that doesn't look likely. I just hope the guy pulls through :hunch:

Clayton says it seems they're waiting. I could say it seems there not going to hire anyone based on how slow there taking this. They are interviewing people, and they'll probably have a guy in next week, and i'm thinking Finchtner.

6RingsAndCounting
02-03-2012, 03:17 PM
He most likely won't be healthy enough, but it would be a great story if by some miracle he could.

California-Steel
02-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Maybe this is something that could help coach Kirby. Looks promising. If using this tech he could be healed rather soon.

7Y5H9Sasq5U

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 03:20 PM
He most likely won't be healthy enough, but it would be a great story if by some miracle he could.

I'd love nothing more than to see him as our Offensive Coordinator. I've always liked the guy, and i've always liked what he's done with our Backs. He was a big force behind picking up Redman, he showed interest in him long before he was signed.

Fire Arians
02-03-2012, 03:48 PM
if his injuries sound as serious as they are, it's wishful thinking for them. they know kirby isn't getting back to normal by the time they need him.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-03-2012, 03:53 PM
This would be from bad to worse. If you guys disliked BA, your not going to like him as an OC.

He hasn't exactly lit up our run game, or have you forgot Mendy dances before he hits each hole? Sure you will cite Redman, but thats gets countered with RM.

We did enough charity this year with Smith, Ward, McFadden etc.

Hopefullly he makes a full recovery, this is not about his tragedy or antything else, but he is not the guy to be our OC.

DanRooney
02-03-2012, 04:16 PM
This would be from bad to worse. If you guys disliked BA, your not going to like him as an OC.

He hasn't exactly lit up our run game, or have you forgot Mendy dances before he hits each hole? Sure you will cite Redman, but thats gets countered with RM.

We did enough charity this year with Smith, Ward, McFadden etc.

Hopefullly he makes a full recovery, this is not about his tragedy or antything else, but he is not the guy to be our OC.

My thoughts exactly. :drink:

wyn50
02-03-2012, 05:36 PM
He should just focus on recovering and steelers should not put pressure on him to say if he gets better he will be promoted. Too much pressure. Just get better. Coaching would be the last thing on my mind.

TRH
02-03-2012, 05:56 PM
..and you don't want a guy hired because "it would make a great story".

No way in the world this happens. We don't even know if he'll be healthy enough to start the year, if ever. We need someone in place today. This was speculation at its finest.

Curtain_of_Steel
02-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Bring him back to make a great story?

We are not book writers or movie makers. We need someone that can work with Ben, be on the same page and work to a common goal, the superbowl.

I think going inside the org, is going to have so much pressure to be a dam run team, that all logic will go out the window when you need to make calls in crunch time.

RE: BA's 4 run plays on the 1/2 yard line.

Heeeeeeeath
02-04-2012, 09:55 AM
If the Steelers are waiting on anyone, it could be Giants' QB coach Mike Sullivan, IMO.

60_MINUTES
02-04-2012, 11:31 PM
If the Steelers are waiting on anyone, it could be Giants' QB coach Mike Sullivan, IMO.

Yep im with you... I think the same thing... I say we are looking to bring someone off the G men in... with our ties to the G men ownership i look for it... not to mention lets face it... the Giants are the closest thing to the NFC version of our Steelers... Good D... run the ball like we use to...and a tough QB that finds a way to win... can throw when he has to.,.,'

I think the Steelers want to get back to steeler football and the giants seem to be playing that more than the steelers are anymore... when is the last time you saw G men line up five wide on third and one????

FrancoLambert
02-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Coach Wilson will NOT be ready to assume OC duties.......take that to the bank.
His injuries are way too severe. It's a sweet thought and would make a wonderful story but it's not happening.
Plus, we need more than sweet thoughts and heart warming stories to improve the offense.