PDA

View Full Version : Our uniforms/jerseys

tanda10506
02-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I was thinking of ordering a few jerseys online when I found out that Nike will be making the NFL uniforms for 2012. I was searching around and couldn't find anything on when they would be released for sale or when there will be pictures of them. What irritated me though was I found plenty of articles on how nike is pushing hard for major uniform changes. If they want to change the throwbacks that is okay, but they are talking about changing the regular home and away jerseys. Im already not happy that all my jerseys will be out of date, but I really dont like the idea of us changing uniform design. So are the Steelers in charge of their own uniforms or do the uniform manafactures get to make changes? Also, does anybody know where I can find info on when the uniforms are supposed to come out for sale and/or view?

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Rooney has said that the Steelers won't make any significant changes with the jerseys. The only changes they may make will be new throwback's, and that's not new at all. Some teams won't make changes, and we're one of them. I'd hold off on buying a Reebok jersey though, Nike jerseys will be on retail soon.

MACH1
02-03-2012, 09:00 PM
I would think the team is in charge of the design.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 09:03 PM
The team is in charge of the jersey designs. It's just that most teams are open to any changes Nike suggest. Newer teams such as Houston and Jacksonville will probably see some changes. But teams with tradition and history like the Packers, Bears and Steelers Etc. will probably stay with the original jersey's.

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I think we will see what the throwbacks look like during draft weekend

MACH1
02-03-2012, 09:07 PM
The team is in charge of the jersey designs. It's just that most teams are open to any changes Nike suggest. Newer teams such as Houston and Jacksonville will probably see some changes. But teams with tradition and history like the Packers, Bears and Steelers Etc. will probably stay with the original jersey's.

Yep. If the manufactures were in charge we'd end up with some of those USFL lookin uni's.

tanda10506
02-03-2012, 10:28 PM

Good news, thanks for clearing it up. Maybe I will wait, I buy from weiketrade cause I dont notice a difference between my $200 nfl shop jersey and my $25 weiketrade jerseys lol. Wonder if they will get them around the same time. How long is the new nike contract?

tony hipchest
02-04-2012, 02:26 AM
my feeling is anyone who spends $200 on a shirt made in china probably deserves to be ripped off in the 1st place.

while people are gearing up in the "cool" new nike gear, i'll look exactly the same with no regards to logo brand for 90% off. :thumbsup:

FrancoLambert
02-04-2012, 10:25 AM
my feeling is anyone who spends $200 on a shirt made in china probably deserves to be ripped off in the 1st place.

while people are gearing up in the "cool" new nike gear, i'll look exactly the same with no regards to logo brand for 90% off. :thumbsup:
:applaudit::hatsoff: