PDA

View Full Version : Ken Anderson for OC

MOFan17
02-04-2012, 04:14 PM
I know Ken Anderson has retired but I wonder if he has it in him to coach again? I always wondered if he left because we stayed with Arians. He served as OC at the Bengals and his work with Ben speaks for itself:

From Wikipedia:

In January, 2007, new Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin hired Anderson as his quarterbacks coach. During Anderson's tenure with the Steelers, Ben Roethlisberger passed for over 10,000 yards, 75 touchdowns and only 38 interceptions. In Ken's first season in Pittsburgh, Roethlisberger was voted to the NFL Pro Bowl. In 2009 under Anderson's tutelage, Roethlisberger had the best season of his career statistically, completing 66.6% of his passes for 4,328 yards.

I know this is an "old school" pick, but maybe that's what we need, a return to basics.

Thoughts?

FrancoLambert
02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I know Ken Anderson has retired but I wonder if he has it in him to coach again? I always wondered if he left because we stayed with Arians. He served as OC at the Bengals and his work with Ben speaks for itself:

From Wikipedia:

In January, 2007, new Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin hired Anderson as his quarterbacks coach. During Anderson's tenure with the Steelers, Ben Roethlisberger passed for over 10,000 yards, 75 touchdowns and only 38 interceptions. In Ken's first season in Pittsburgh, Roethlisberger was voted to the NFL Pro Bowl. In 2009 under Anderson's tutelage, Roethlisberger had the best season of his career statistically, completing 66.6% of his passes for 4,328 yards.

I know this is an "old school" pick, but maybe that's what we need, a return to basics.

Thoughts?

Nothing wrong with "old school" if it brings offensive improvement.
I remember him as a pretty smart and tough quarterback. I know..... he's not playing.
But those qualities in a QB coach/coordinator who played the position could help Ben.
Ben is plenty tough, no improvement needed there. :tt04:
But Ben could play smarter and as a result remain healthier

BKAnthem
02-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Isn't Anderson Retired?

steeltheone
02-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Very interesting idea...Kenny performed well as a coach here!