PDA

View Full Version : Goodell: NFL could drop Pro Bowl

Atlanta Dan
02-05-2012, 02:46 PM
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he is disappointed in the quality of last week's Pro Bowl and changes must be considered, perhaps even dropping the game altogether.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/02/05/roger.goodell.pro.bowl.criticism.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a3&eref=sihp

:thumbsup:

As the saying goes, even a broken clock is right twice a day - that game needs to be put out of its misery

MACH1
02-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Every game will be like the probowl after godell gets done.

stb_steeler
02-05-2012, 03:07 PM
What.......Goodhell isnt reaping enough of the great rewards from PB....cant imagine that!

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-05-2012, 03:20 PM
I super surprised he is mad at the play of the Pro Bowl, it is just what he wanted. No defense ALLLLLLLL OFFENSE! They didn't touch the QB's that much and there was barely any running. Again I am super shocked that he did not love that kind of play.

tony hipchest
02-05-2012, 03:33 PM
he's a hypocritical prick. clark treated it like a once in a lifetime opportunity. james had a ball and played his heart out. so did our 2 young wr's. ben cherished it like he will never get back again.

just another example of goodell wanting to punish the steelers.

he LOVES pu$$ified football where nobody tries, or gets hurt and balls are flying throughout the air.

%&$# him.

4xSBChamps
02-05-2012, 09:22 PM
he's a hypocritical prick.

he LOVES pu$$ified football where nobody tries, or gets hurt and balls are flying throughout the air.

%&$# him.

"... vhe hef places uhnt vheys for
people liken-yuh to git der minds-r-r-right...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/RogerGoodellwithHitlermoustache.jpg

konzider yourzef vahrned!!!"

jjpro11
02-05-2012, 09:28 PM
the game actually wasn't THAT terrible after the first 10 or so minutes of playing patty-cake.. they all played pretty hard when Newton was in near the end of the game.

steelerchad
02-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I actually think they should scrap the pro bowl. It is so watered down without any real football anyway. Why not make it a total exhibition and put the guys in an arena where the fans can get right along the sidelines. Then put them in shorts and let them play flag football. Kids would like it and they may get a little closer to these guys. Just make it a fun, family friendly event rather that trying to have some type of real football game that isn't going to happen.

TRH
02-05-2012, 09:58 PM
A "good" decision possibly coming from the completely inept and sport-ruiner himself Goodell???

The Pro Bowl needs scrapped and thrown away NOW. Its completely useless and serves no purpose other than giving the players and their families free vacations to Hawaii.
No one plays hard or correctly because they're afraid of getting hurt and its played before the Super Bowl. Duuuuuuh. Homer Simpson himself could tell you thats just plain stupid.

Get rid of it.

Kanata-Steeler
02-06-2012, 08:56 AM
IMHO, The PB should be sometime AFTER the SB, but then again, who's gonna wanna show up, let alone the fans. ?
Sooo, in effect, the Pro Bowl is about as useless an idea, as having a "Pro Cup" -just before the NHL's Stanley Cup Championship game. ???!!!

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 08:58 AM
IMHO, The PB should be sometime AFTER the SB, but then again, who's gonna wanna show up, let alone the fans. ?
Sooo, in effect, the Pro Bowl is about as useless an idea, as having a "Pro Cup" -just before the NHL's Stanley Cup Championship game. ???!!!

This.

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Peter King sums it up

I think I'd like to applaud Aaron Rodgers, and not just for winning the MVP. (Lots of suspense there.) But for bashing the effort put forth by players at the Pro Bowl last weekend. As you know, I've given up on the game. It's a silly, meaningless, stupid exhibition. Most players work harder in a Saturday morning walkthrough practice than they do in the Pro Bowl game. The NFL should cancel it immediately.

Not that I'm blaming the players. Who wants to get hurt in an exhibition game, with millions on the line if you suffer a freak injury? I've been asked a lot what's the solution, and what should the league do about the game. I say: Eliminate it. Forget the skills competition. Just end the season with the Super Bowl, and you want to honor all the men voted to the Pro Bowl, bring them to the Super Bowl site and introduce them on the red carpet at the Saturday night show, and make that show the football Oscars. Overwhelm the place with football players, coaches and stars. Make it appointment television. And good for Roger Goodell, telling Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic Sunday that if the game can't be improved the league will consider abolishing it

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/02/06/superbowl46/3.html

tony hipchest
02-06-2012, 12:03 PM
what pissed me off is all these mediots and that asshole goodell talking shit about all the players who coasted through the game, and nobody gives credit to james, clark, brown, even b. marshall, larry fitz etc who played their asses off.