PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison, Ryan Clark Make SpyGate References on Twitter Celebrating Patriots Lo

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2012, 10:46 PM
:chuckle:

Harrison, the controversial Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker has never shied away from letting his emotions be known, and the moments following Super Bowl XLVI were no exception.

"Told you," Harrison tweeted, "cheaters never win!!!!!!!!!"

His teammate Clark chimed in as well, posting on his own Twitter account, "0-2 post spy gate! Just saying!! Cant spell ELIte w/o Eli!!"

BigRick
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
They even rehired their other cheater McDaniels for the Super Bowl and still couldn't win!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

kan_t
02-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Too bad he's going to get another fine.

BigRick
02-05-2012, 10:58 PM

Yeah it's not nice to badmouth Goodells boy!:rofl::rofl:

GMU Steeler
02-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I was joking with my brother that Goodell was going to fine James Harrison just cuz on the podium.

JCPsteelers
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
LOL Pats.

LambertWardSteel
02-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Way to go Clark and Harrison

jjpro11
02-06-2012, 12:12 AM
funny.. opposing players consider them cheats (not just Harrison and Clark), yet the media tries to pass spygate off as, ah shucks.. no big deal.. that's just Bill, being Bill.

Deserei90
02-06-2012, 01:14 AM
This whole thing even made news. http://t.co/UgAAqllI. Talk about something that's getting blown way out of proportion. We should all make the news, since we pretty much agree with Harrison and Clark. I bet they only did this so they can take they're focus off the Pats losing. Imagine all the backlash and criticism these two are going to get smh. What they should talk about is that Pats fan who was on twitter telling everyone that she hopes NY gets blown, or that fan that told Ryan Clark he hopes he dies from his sickle cell disease.

tanda10506
02-06-2012, 02:28 AM
Oh well, let the Pats and media b*tch and moan, facts are facts and they are 0-2 since spygate. The media played it down and acted like it was a minor thing and couldn't have affected much, but clearly it was a huge difference. There should be an asterisk next to their last SB win. They get a cake schedule every year that even announcers are getting suspicious of and this year was no different, then they only had to win one real playoff game at home and were one play away from losing that, then they lost to the Giants for a second time this season. They are a good team and the 16-0 season was impressive, but they havent been champs since spygate and would have one less SB if Ed Hochuli didnt make up the tuck rule for Brady, in spite of the fact they were cheating then. Unfortunately cheaters do win, just not after they get caught, glad Harrison and Clark called them out, tired of it being "not a big deal".

4xSBChamps
02-06-2012, 04:26 AM

"... STELLA!!!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/Goodellonthephone.jpg

... get me James Harrison on the phone, pronto!!!"

plenewken
02-06-2012, 06:15 AM
Spygate + Tuck rule = The Pats are PHONY Champs.

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Spygate + Tuck rule = The Pats are PHONY Champs.

:thumbsup:

steeltheone
02-06-2012, 07:17 AM
Seems odd that Harrison or Clark would say much about the Patriots. Harrison had little to do with our last loss to the Pats in the AFC Championship and Clark was a Redskin.

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Seems odd that Harrison or Clark would say much about the Patriots. Harrison had little to do with our last loss to the Pats in the AFC Championship and Clark was a Redskin.

I'm sure a lot of the current players on our team from that period in time helped. It just rubbed off on a lot of the current players. I'm sure every team the Patriots beat in those years have a legitimate reason to feel cheated.

EbonySteel86
02-06-2012, 09:43 AM
I'm sure a lot of the current players on our team from that period in time helped. It just rubbed off on a lot of the current players. I'm sure every team the Patriots beat in those years have a legitimate reason to feel cheated.

Exactly!!! There are plenty of teams that are pissed about spygate. Eagles, Panthers, Rams, but they burnt us TWICE in the AFC championships! I remember the 2001 afc championship game saying, who are these guys??? They can't be THAT good! A few years later....Spygate!!! I get sick just thinking about it.

SoCalFan
02-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I agree with the above! Im just so sick and tired of the media, especially NFL network and SC being so far up Tom and Bills asses and pretty much ignoring this, its nice to see them lose!!!

TRH
02-06-2012, 10:58 AM
#1 places like Yahoo are completely sensationalizing this "story". They've now stuck it on their homepage. It's no big deal

but #2 - when are players going to learn.......STOP TWITTERING. You have better things to do with your time and the "tweets" rarely have good outcomes.

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Free-Speech. I'd encourage it. Not to mention that it's true. Harrsion doesn't care what people think, and he's seen the results of his tweets and facebook posts in the past. He's not concerned.

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Not to mention it's Chris Chase writing the articles. That guy's a nutjob, and NOBODY likes him. Look at the comments section on some of his articles, he's not highly regarded by Yahoo! users.

"Some guy tweets 5 words and you write 150 words about it."

TRH
02-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Not to mention it's Chris Chase writing the articles. That guy's a nutjob, and NOBODY likes him. Look at the comments section on some of his articles, he's not highly regarded by Yahoo! users.

I agree. Chase is a moron and a known Steelers-hater. Thats what sucks about this day and age is any pro blogger now can be a hired "journalist" (NOT).

Still. James has better things to do than "tweeting". You want to say that to the guy next to you in conversation, cool. But to "tweet" it to the world? I understand the "free speech" thing, but nothing good ever comes from these things.
Now, you can BET he's going to have more heat on him. Yes, Goodell's office has already seen this and made note of it. And thats not a good thing. Its just unnecessary.

TRH
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
plus...i was just thinking. It doesn't look good publicly saying some thing like that when you and your team lost the Super Bowl last year (whatever the reasons doesn't matter).
Man, he's opening up himself to a WORLD of criticism.

tony hipchest
02-06-2012, 11:35 AM
Man, he's opening up himself to a WORLD of criticism.

he called the leagues commissioner the devil and said he wouldnt piss on him if he were on fire. he also called him a fag.

id say hes already stared down a world of critisism and isnt too concerned. :noidea:

Whodis
02-06-2012, 12:12 PM
This just goes to show how much resentment still lingers from the AFC Championship game vs the Pats. There has to be good reason the league destroyed the tapes.

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Although Harrison and Clark didn't even play in that game, nor the team, if i'm not mistaken.

Triggerfish
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
I'm probably going to take some heat for this, but here goes anyway.

Personally, I think it's unnecessary and frankly immature to post crap like this on Twitter, or ANYWHERE publicly, as a player.

I get it. We hate the Pats. The Pats hate us. We love it when they lose, and vice versa. It's a rivalry, and this comes with the territory. But really, Harrison and Clark should have more on their minds than still crying about Spygate. I mean, of all people, they should know a thing or two about Super Bowl losses. This seems a lot like the pot calling the kettle black.

And let's not forget....our Steelers lost to Tebow and the Donkeys in the first round of the playoffs. With all due respect to Harrison and Clark, I think they'd be better served just keeping their mouths shut. And I'm pretty certain the Rooneys and coaching staff would likely agree. It's one thing for a FAN to be calling out shots at the Patriots after a SB loss, but the players themselves should show a little discipline when it comes to stuff like this.

Let the bashing commence in...3...2...1....

4xSBChamps
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM

Personally, I think it's unnecessary and frankly immature to post crap like this on Twitter, or ANYWHERE publicly, as a player.

no-bashing here... today's 24/7 media NEEDS crap like Twitter so that the mental-midgets who work at ESPN continue to be employed:
do we really F'n-care if you have a fart caught sideways in your large intestine?

the only reason I have a facebook page is to keep in-touch with my fiancee's 2 daughters, 1100 & 2900 miles away, and even THEY don't post much there

TRH
02-06-2012, 12:32 PM

I get it. We hate the Pats. The Pats hate us. We love it when they lose, and vice versa. It's a rivalry, and this comes with the territory. But really, Harrison and Clark should have more on their minds than still crying about Spygate. I mean, of all people, they should know a thing or two about Super Bowl losses. This seems a lot like the pot calling the kettle black.

And let's not forget....our Steelers lost to Tebow and the Donkeys in the first round of the playoffs. With all due respect to Harrison and Clark, I think they'd be better served just keeping their mouths shut. And I'm pretty certain the Rooneys and coaching staff would likely agree. It's one thing for a FAN to be calling out shots at the Patriots after a SB loss, but the players themselves should show a little discipline when it comes to stuff like this.

nope....i agree (as i said above). Not everyone is Steeler fans and fans and media everywhere both are really taking this one for a ride.
It's not doing anyone on this side any good...thats my only point...especially after you lost the previous SB.
James for example, i understand his thinking and the comment was innocently enough made, but it was on Twitter.....if you have an ounce of smart in you have to know that Facebook and Twitter posts are going all the way these days.

plenewken
02-06-2012, 12:39 PM

You're not going to get any heat from me because I agree with you. Personally, I'm sick and tired of some Steelers making the headlines for stupid behavior and idiotic public statements. Ben, Santonio, Harrisson, Reed, Pouncey, Mendenhall etc......
It looks like there is absolutely no discipline in this team, really. It is not the Rooneys' values and principles for sure.
Am I wrong?

TRH
02-06-2012, 12:46 PM
You're not going to get any heat from me because I agree with you. Personally, I'm sick and tired of some Steelers making the headlines for stupid behavior and idiotic public statements. Ben, Santonio, Harrisson, Reed, Pouncey, Mendenhall etc......
It looks like there is absolutely no discipline in this team, really. It is not the Rooneys' values and principles for sure.
Am I wrong?

Tomlin should put his foot down with a new rule about no tweets or facebook posts that pertain to the league, games, or teammates. It's hurting the team and its reputation.
You want to post about the weather or your vacation or something, go for it.

Triggerfish
02-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Am I wrong?

Completely agree. In fact, I was having a discussion about this with my Bro-in-law, a huge Pats fan, this morning. He asked me, "If the shoe were on the other foot, and the Steelers just lost the Super Bowl, do you think any Pats players would be tweeting shit like that?"

My answer was NO. I really don't think they would. And I think it has a lot to do with the players on that team (as much as I and everyone else here despises them) has more DISCIPLINE than many of our beloved Steelers players. The Krafts insist on it, and as much as I REALLY despise Bellicheck, he also insists on it.

My opinion is that Tomlin, the Rooneys, etc. have gotten a little too soft with these guys. Someone needs to call them out once in awhile on this immature behavior and see that it doesn't continue. If it does, someone needs to have the balls to show them the door. The Steelers have always had a reputation of being a classy organization from the top down, and we don't need this kind of negative publicity. It's just unnecessary.

tanda10506
02-06-2012, 01:23 PM
No Pats players wouldnt tweet like that, partly because that organization has little tolerance for it, but mostly because WE DIDNT CHEAT! Harrison and Clark wouldnt be making tweets like that if the spygate problem was addressed correctly, they are not "crying" about it, they are just being smug about the Pats not winning anything since cheating. Note that Harrison didnt say spygate he said cheaters, he probably thinks they still are cheating, and Im sure he's not alone in that thought.

steeltheone
02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
No Pats players wouldnt tweet like that, partly because that organization has little tolerance for it, but mostly because WE DIDNT CHEAT! Harrison and Clark wouldnt be making tweets like that if the spygate problem was addressed correctly, they are not "crying" about it, they are just being smug about the Pats not winning anything since cheating. Note that Harrison didnt say spygate he said cheaters, he probably thinks they still are cheating, and Im sure he's not alone in that thought. No the Steelers did not cheat but if you start throwing darts, your closet better be clean.

The pats board in turn are blasting back about our wife beaters, druggies, rapist, and big mouthed spoiled athletes.

Sixburgher
02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
The pats board in turn are blasting back about our wife beaters, druggies, rapist, and big mouthed spoiled athletes.

Who gives a flip what they're saying? Patriots fans collectively are probably the biggest bunch of douches there is. And frankly, I hope this one stings even worse for them than the last time "Gomer" Manning owned their ass.

Fire Arians
02-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Who gives a flip what they're saying? Patriots fans collectively are probably the biggest bunch of douches there is. And frankly, I hope this one stings even worse for them than the last time "Gomer" Manning owned their ass.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l2VT7bYUEaY/TRo56PjuOJI/AAAAAAAAQR8/kk9ZvMKLgBs/s1600/hey-i-think-they-mad.jpg

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2012, 02:34 PM
No the Steelers did not cheat but if you start throwing darts, your closet better be clean.

Yeah this is awful - imagine Clark and Harrison tweeting what players around the league presumably have been saying to the Pats for the last 4 years
i
As far as the Pats fans barking back, they are lashing out today at anyone, even ther own kind, who questions the greatness of their wonderful team - check out the comments to this column posted online in The Boston Globe last night that tore into Brady

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/wilbur/2012/02/not_so_safety_c.html

It's apparently OK to mock Tim Tebow for his faith but not to call out an arrogant team that broke league rules for years

Cry me a river:chuckle:

plenewken
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah this is awful - imagine Clark and Harrison tweeting what players around the league presumably have been saying to the Pats for the last 4 years
i
As far as the Pats fans barking back, they are lashing out today at anyone, even ther own kind, who questions the greatness of their wonderful team - check out the comments to this column posted online in The Boston Globe last night that tore into Brady

Cry me a river:chuckle:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

It's perfectly fine for fans to mock the Patriots fans, it's part of the game and it's healthy ........ and funny.
What's not fine is when a player does it especially when his name is Harrison and when the Pats have been sanctioned for their infraction. Some could say the sanction was not severe enough. It think it's a moot point. It's over, let's move on.
I'd like to acknowledge Harrison as one of the greatest Steelers play makers and the one who turned SB 43 around with his incredible 100yds INT. Unfortunately, by acting foolishly, he's losing a lot of sympathy, even in Steelers country.
Someone in the front office has to step in and stop this online sh*t now. It does no good to the Steelers, and it does no good to the players who do it either.

SteelKid212
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Completely agree. In fact, I was having a discussion
My opinion is that Tomlin, the Rooneys, etc. have gotten a little too soft with these guys. Someone needs to call them out once in awhile on this immature behavior and see that it doesn't continue. If it does, someone needs to have the balls to show them the door. The Steelers have always had a reputation of being a classy organization from the top down, and we don't need this kind of negative publicity. It's just unnecessary.

i agree with everything you said.

as far as who needs to call them out, well that is Tomlins job. he is the head coach and that is what he is paid to do. and as long as he has been our coach, and as long as i can remember he doesnt really lay down the law like cowher used to.

he is too daam concerend with being a "friend" to these guys and being on their good side, than actually being a COACH and coaching them, and partt of "coaching" is Discipline to the players, something that has been lacking badly since tomlin
took over cowhers team.

that is why they lacked urgency to win last years superbowl, and play emotionless and lack urgency to punch the dam ball in the endzone.

this is why they got manhandled by the broncos, and to top it off they go mouthing off when the pats loose. sure we all hate the pats, but show some class man!!!

i guess it pisses me off, because they lost to denver, but beat the pats, and it was the pats playing in the big game instead of the steelers.

james i know you are targeted by gaydell and hated by most around the league, and portrayed as a dirty player, but just shut up and play. look where all that loud mouthing got joey porter. released from the team.

Cherinko
02-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I have no problem with what Clark and Harrison said. It's not like everyone isn't thinking the same exact thing. More power to them for speaking their minds.

Maybe the whole spygate thing is overblown, but NE surely isn't doing anything to put it to rest. 3-0 before, 0-2 afterwards.

Atlanta Dan
02-06-2012, 03:33 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right.

It's perfectly fine for fans to mock the Patriots fans, it's part of the game and it's healthy ........ and funny.
What's not fine is when a player does it especially when his name is Harrison and when the Pats have been sanctioned for their infraction. Some could say the sanction was not severe enough. It think it's a moot point. It's over, let's move on.
I'd like to acknowledge Harrison as one of the greatest Steelers play makers and the one who turned SB 43 around with his incredible 100yds INT. Unfortunately, by acting foolishly, he's losing a lot of sympathy, even in Steelers country.
Someone in the front office has to step in and stop this online sh*t now. It does no good to the Steelers, and it does no good to the players who do it either.

Agreed the use of twitter is out of control but that toothpaste is out of the tube and is not getting back in

I am not approving of what Harrison or Clark did but I decided a long time ago that if I was going to continue to root for any pro sports team I could not base it on any expectation these guys were solid citizens whom I would expect to behave appropriately off the field - if that was the test Roethlisberger would have turned me off the Steelers years ago, assuming i woild not have quit supporting them when Ernie Holmes was taking shots at police helicopters in 1973

Ideally everyone would behave like Troy Polamalu off the field but that is not how the real world works

Classless behavior permeates the league - Brady's wife trashed his receivers after the game, Belichick would not come out for the ritual post-game interview on NBC with the losing coach, the Patriots would not shake the Giants hands after the coin toss, and even the sainted Peyton Manning spent Super Bowl week in Indianapolis playing the diva and leaking stories about his future when he could have shut up until after the Super Bowl

Again, not excusing Clark and Harrison, just saying as far as I am concerned it is a non-story for me with regard to supporting the Steelers - I root for the Black & Gold laundry no matter who is wearing it with no misimpression these guys are any role model for anything beyond playing football.

And to the extent there is any impression the players care what the fans think, Maurkice Pouncey's tweets after the Denver loss are a good indication where they are coming from on that subject

:drink:

Sixburgher
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
i agree with everything you said.

as far as who needs to call them out, well that is Tomlins job. he is the head coach and that is what he is paid to do. and as long as he has been our coach, and as long as i can remember he doesnt really lay down the law like cowher used to.

he is too daam concerend with being a "friend" to these guys and being on their good side, than actually being a COACH and coaching them, and partt of "coaching" is Discipline to the players, something that has been lacking badly since tomlin
took over cowhers team.

that is why they lacked urgency to win last years superbowl, and play emotionless and lack urgency to punch the dam ball in the endzone.

this is why they got manhandled by the broncos, and to top it off they go mouthing off when the pats loose. sure we all hate the pats, but show some class man!!!

i guess it pisses me off, because they lost to denver, but beat the pats, and it was the pats playing in the big game instead of the steelers.

james i know you are targeted by gaydell and hated by most around the league, and portrayed as a dirty player, but just shut up and play. look where all that loud mouthing got joey porter. released from the team.

Anyone else getting supremely tired of the "if Cowher were still the coach" bullshit?

Yeah, I know, if Cowher were still the coach, not a negative word would have ever been uttered about the Steelers during the last five years, every Steelers player would have been a perfect little boy scout during the offseason and the Steelers would be 5-0 in the Super Bowl during the same time. Enough already.

TRH
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
i'm sure if Tomlin wouldnt' come out for the post-game interview, he'd be fined immediately by the league. But this is Belechik, who is exempt since Kraft and Goodell are good buddies.

TRH
02-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Anyone else getting supremely tired of the "if Cowher were still the coach" bullshit?

Yeah, Cowher isn't here and doesn't want to be here. He left on his own doing.

Last time i checked, Tomlin has taken the team to 2 Super Bowl's in his short tenure. He's doing a DAMN good job.
Of course there are small things that drive me crazy about him, like at times not having his team foaming at the mouth and seeminly ready to play, but you get stuff like that with any coach. Doesn't matter who's at the helm. If God himself were down here as our head coach, half the board here would be complaining :toofunny:

jiminpa
02-06-2012, 03:52 PM
Let them talk. They speak the truth, and someone has to.

plenewken
02-06-2012, 03:52 PM
If God himself were down here as our head coach, half the board here would be complaining :toofunny:

I'm not sure about that, unless God has awful clock management skills and challenges the wrong calls. :tt02:

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 04:01 PM
They speak the truth like it's a foreign language to 'yall.

I got 'nothin.

tony hipchest
02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
tomlin is soft. the rooneys are following suit. we need a team disciplinarian like belichick and a team owner whos wife just died to galvanize the team like angels who kiss kraft on the cheek twice. look at all the success that brought them.

plus patriots DONT tweet! you dont even hear anything stupid coming from chad johnson no more and he's had his greatest season yet.

they wouldnt ever think of saying something to incite the competition.

5lk-wWUQKBg

0WCb17psf8A

screw them and anyone who pretends to be little angels. nobody even cared when harrison called them cheaters 10 hours before they lost. it was only a story BECAUSE they lost.

tweet on, james!

Triggerfish
02-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Maybe the entire league IS thinking that the Pats are a bunch of cheaters, but that doesn't condone Harrison and Clark's actions. Let everyone think it. I don't need our PLAYERS to be the spokesperson for "what everyone thinks". Just shut the hell up! You're payed to play football. So focus on that, and leave all this Twitter/Facebook childish BS alone! Harrison was actually upset, and posted on Twitter to that affect, that he wanted/expected MORE attention for his comments. "I'm not even trending on Twitter!" Um....who gives a shit? Are these guys SO concerned about trending on Twitter? Maybe some of that effort should be put into...gee, I don't know....stopping someone on D? Maybe getting a sack? You know....their job?

I'm not saying that Facebook and Twitter can't be a good thing. It's a cool way for fans to follow a players day to day life, a way for them to interact with their fans, run contests and giveways, promote their charity work, etc. It's when they use it SOLELY for the purpose of garnering attention that I have a problem with it.

Say what you will, let your homer flags fly, but I call a spade a spade. The comments Harrison and Clark made were just unneccessary. Plain and simple.

These kinds of childish antics are what gave TO and Ochocinco bad reputations. The same kinda stuff that we all made fun of them for here on this very message board. I know that not everyone in the NFL is a boy scout. I don't expect them to be either. But I won't blindly defend a knucklehead action by a player either, just because they happen to be wearing the Black and Gold.

All I'm saying is that those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Tweeting some BS about a team that just lost in the SB, while sitting in your living room watching it on your TV because YOU couldn't get it done against a very poor Denver team? Seems kind of ridiculous to me, that's all.

I still love my Steelers. Always will. And I don't even have anything against Harrison OR Clark. I just think they someone needs to call them out when they pull a stupid stunt. That person is Tomlin, and this stunt qualifies.

4xSBChamps
02-06-2012, 04:15 PM
... as far as who needs to call them out...

mosty of these guys are 'supposedly' mature 25 year-old men, having had at-least a few years of higher education

they shouldn't NEED to be called-out, they should have the common-sense that God gave dirt

Fire Arians
02-06-2012, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I know, if Cowher were still the coach, not a negative word would have ever been uttered about the Steelers during the last five years, every Steelers player would have been a perfect little boy scout during the offseason and the Steelers would be 5-0 in the Super Bowl during the same time. Enough already.

things like this would still happen. i wonder how much trouble lee flowers and joey porter would have gotten into if twitter was around when they played lol

Steelerstud07
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
2001 AFC Divisional Playoffs, Raiders vs. Patriots, it was not Ed Hochuli officiating in that game, actually, it was Walt Coleman, who overturned the fumble to non-fumble call.

BengalDestroyer
02-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Ha, I love those two!!!

steeltheone
02-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Agreed the use of twitter is out of control but that toothpaste is out of the tube and is not getting back in

I am not approving of what Harrison or Clark did but I decided a long time ago that if I was going to continue to root for any pro sports team I could not base it on any expectation these guys were solid citizens whom I would expect to behave appropriately off the field - if that was the test Roethlisberger would have turned me off the Steelers years ago, assuming i woild not have quit supporting them when Ernie Holmes was taking shots at police helicopters in 1973

Ideally everyone would behave like Troy Polamalu off the field but that is not how the real world works

Classless behavior permeates the league - Brady's wife trashed his receivers after the game, Belichick would not come out for the ritual post-game interview on NBC with the losing coach, the Patriots would not shake the Giants hands after the coin toss, and even the sainted Peyton Manning spent Super Bowl week in Indianapolis playing the diva and leaking stories about his future when he could have shut up until after the Super Bowl

Again, not excusing Clark and Harrison, just saying as far as I am concerned it is a non-story for me with regard to supporting the Steelers - I root for the Black & Gold laundry no matter who is wearing it with no misimpression these guys are any role model for anything beyond playing football.

And to the extent there is any impression the players care what the fans think, Maurkice Pouncey's tweets after the Denver loss are a good indication where they are coming from on that subject

:drink: I agree that it really does not bother me that much what Harrison said. But ,being that they went and we didnt it makes him look like a sore loser.

Pouncey's tweet was all togather different. I dont know who he thinks he is, but i do know he could not hold Darmonti Dawsons jock strap.

SteelKid212
02-06-2012, 05:38 PM

now where the hell did you read "if cowher were still the coach"

cuz it sure as hell wasnt in my post. and if thats the assumption u get then read again dude.

all i said was this team lacks discipline and it aint there man, were not talking about the players being "perfect little boy scouts" or whatever the hell excites you.

i was just COMPARING coaches, not saying i dont want tomlin, or that he hasnt done anything good. just saying that the team has gotten softer since he took over. Thats just the way he is and it trickles down to the staff and players. it comes with a new coach. (oh and i love that deer in the headlight look when they start screwing up on offense or defense)

From smashmouth backs and run blocking linemen, to panzy ass linemen that cant block for crap on the run OR pass, with the exeption of pouncey. maybe gilbert. and i mean i understand eventually new linemen have to come in, but when its the same dam problem with the Oline year after year after year? cmon man.

he wanted to keep dumbass arians for too dam long, because he was "comfortable" with how things were, until the big man had to step in and get rid of arians.

the defense is old, sure there are some young guys, but ive seen a trend where they let up in the forth quarter, that trend goes back a couple years already, and last year it cost us allot of games as well. what the hell is this "giving up double digit leads" to loose games on last minute drives. like the one to the ratbirds.

im talkin about DISCIPLINE. If you are world champions, then talk all you want AFTER you bring home the lombardi. The best players are the ones that do their talking on the field with their gameplay. close out games. and the best coaches address the problems on the team themselves. I just need to see that more from coaches and players, and i didnt see that last year.

Hoping this summer is a badass summer and the right changes are made to get that superbowl next year. :tt04:

I have no problem with harrison pointing out the cheatriots for what they are and will always be labled as, but then i remember the loss to denver, and it pisses me off that they were talking smack from at their homes and not at indianapolis playing for the trophy.

Sixburgher
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
now where the hell did you read "if cowher were still the coach"

cuz it sure as hell wasnt in my post. and if thats the assumption u get then read again dude.

Yeah, I guess the line "he doesn't lay down the law like Cowher used to" doesn't allude to how things were when Cowher was still the coach. My bad, "dude".

tony hipchest
02-06-2012, 05:54 PM
this cowher crap is all a myth. look no further than cowher allowing porter to run his mouth as much as he wanted to.

loved cowher's "we dey" chant.

wera176
02-06-2012, 06:02 PM
things like this would still happen. i wonder how much trouble lee flowers and joey porter would have gotten into if twitter was around when they played lol

Oh man, that's funny right that! I can only imagine! :toofunny: :drink:

Cowher had no control over them either...

wera176
02-06-2012, 06:03 PM
this cowher crap is all a myth. look no further than cowher allowing porter to run his mouth as much as he wanted to.

loved cowher's "we dey" chant.

^ this

Who was the head coach when Porter had his "brawl" with the brownies?

(Although Porter's mouth helped them beat the seachickens. A certain TE was scared to catch that ball!)

tony hipchest
02-06-2012, 09:45 PM
kinda suprised at some of the reaction to this. what ryan clark said was true.

the Pats ARE 0-2 in sb's since spygate. :hunch:

plus the giants are ryans 1st team and he still has friends there as well as in washington. now what people should really be outraged at is the reaction clark is getting from SORE LOSER, bitter grape patfans-

“@Sharrard13: @realrclark25 funny, a team you're not on loses a SB and you wanna tweet about them. Sickle cell sucks dick

@Sharrard13: @realrclark25 I hope you die from your stupid disease”

“@BrianShaw12: I heard Denver is nice this time of year how about moving there? Seriously u should live there"

“@Petrachilis24: @RealRClark25 keep ur trap shut u scrub n ppl won't be mad”

jtbsteeler
02-07-2012, 07:02 AM
Way to go Clark and Harrison

Ditto:tt03::tt03:

jtbsteeler
02-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Tomlin should put his foot down with a new rule about no tweets or facebook posts that pertain to the league, games, or teammates. It's hurting the team and its reputation.
You want to post about the weather or your vacation or something, go for it.

Screw that. The days of the Steelers being darlings is over. I like "us against the world". James said nothing wrong and I hope he continues. We don't play NE next year. One more W and the Steelers would've probably been in that Bowl. This team is a solid oline away from another bowl.

jtbsteeler
02-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Screw NE and their fans with a dirty prick.. They deserve the pain.

Edman
02-07-2012, 09:26 AM
The Steelers don't have to apologize for anything, the NFL sought out to make them a villain. If that is what they wanted, I have no issue rooting for the Bad guy. The Steelers are villified just for playing football but the Good Old Boy Patriots are all covered up and hidden. Nope. Nothing shady or illegal happened here. The Pats are clean. Slap them on the wrist and move on. But Goodell is all over OUR ass, though. Stop those Evil Steelers from playing football.

So no, screw that "nice guy" crap.

I could care less about "reputation" right now. The Steelers have been designated "bad guys" for a while now and it's not changing anytime soon, so it best that you embrace it. F the Patriots and everyone else.

jiminpa
02-07-2012, 09:48 AM
The Steelers don't have to apologize for anything, the NFL sought out to make them a villain. If that is what they wanted, I have no issue rooting for the Bad guy.

I could care less about "reputation" right now. The Steelers have been designated "bad guys" for a while now and it's not changing anytime soon, so it best that you embrace it. F the Patriots and everyone else.But still how ironic is that? The team that has to blatantly cheat to win is the good guys, and the team that just plays football as a contact sport is the villain in Goodell's pro-wrestling No Football League.

BKAnthem
02-07-2012, 10:22 AM
This is dumb....stop acting like teenagers and don't get beat by a TE playing QB...The Pats made the SB with no WR's no RB's and a shit D...we have no room to be sniping....do it on the field...not on tweeter

jiminpa
02-07-2012, 11:02 AM
This is dumb....stop acting like teenagers and don't get beat by a TE playing QB...The Pats made the SB with no WR's no RB's and a shit D...we have no room to be sniping....do it on the field...not on tweeterThat's because they cheat. The Cheatriots have never belonged in the SB. From the league rewriting the rulebook mid-game to "spygate", to the fact that it was the tip of the iceberg and everyone knows it, to the refs deciding games in their favor and still losing. There are now calls by the puppet sports media to change the intentional grounding rule, since it has now worked against the Cheatriots and their golden boy. I'm surprised they didn't rewrite that rule on the spot. The NFL has rules on the books specifically to keep Brady from taking sacks and Hines Ward from blocking down field.

James Harrison has every right to complain about the way he is cheated against by Roger Goodell, and it is cheating when you impose a different set of rules on one player than everyone else. He has been fined, suspened and labeled a cheap shot artist for playing the game by the book and being held on every play. They've thrown penalty flags against him before he even made contact. Yet let the Ravens elbow BR in the nose in front of a ref and see if there is a flag. At least some of the Steelers aren't on board with scripting the NFL.

plenewken
02-07-2012, 11:28 AM
That's because they cheat. The Cheatriots have never belonged in the SB. From the league rewriting the rulebook mid-game to "spygate", to the fact that it was the tip of the iceberg and everyone knows it, to the refs deciding games in their favor and still losing. There are now calls by the puppet sports media to change the intentional grounding rule, since it has now worked against the Cheatriots and their golden boy. I'm surprised they didn't rewrite that rule on the spot. The NFL has rules on the books specifically to keep Brady from taking sacks and Hines Ward from blocking down field.

James Harrison has every right to complain about the way he is cheated against by Roger Goodell, and it is cheating when you impose a different set of rules on one player than everyone else. He has been fined, suspened and labeled a cheap shot artist for playing the game by the book and being held on every play. They've thrown penalty flags against him before he even made contact. Yet let the Ravens elbow BR in the nose in front of a ref and see if there is a flag. At least some of the Steelers aren't on board with scripting the NFL.

Let's beat the Pats on the field when it matters. It'll be the best statement we can make to close the issue. Words don't mean squat in football.

jiminpa
02-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Let's beat the Pats on the field when it matters. It'll be the best statement we can make to close the issue. Words don't mean squat in football.Maybe they don't mean much to us, but Goodell is not interested in football, in fact, he treats it as an obstacle.

Triggerfish
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Sorry, but this is still all "homer" talk in my opinion. If it was a player from some other team Tweeting publically last year after WE lost that "Rapists never win", everyone here would be up in arms and calling whoever Tweeted it a douchebag. Well kids, James is the D-bag here. The statement was unnecessary and childish. Plain and simple.

And now everyone in here is crying about Goodell. When the hell did this have ANYTHING to do with Goodell?! Harrison and Clark weren't Tweeting about Goodell, they were Tweeting about the NE Patriots. So involving Goodell in ANY of this is a pretty damn far reach, but whatever helps justify it in your minds I guess.

I suppose it is what it is now. Harrison and Clark don't seem to give a shit, the coaching staff doesn't seem to give a shit, so what's done is done now. I just hope this kind of social media attention whoring doesn't continue. I just prefer my Steelers do their talking on the field. :tt03:

4xSBChamps
02-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Screw NE and their fans with a dirty prick..

I'd prefer a heavily-splintered telephone pole, but...

Hines0wnz
02-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Saw that and LOLd