PDA

View Full Version : Fire Todd Haley!!!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

FanSince72
09-17-2013, 10:25 AM
Seattle? He had a 22 rating vs Seattle! Elite?

LOL

I proved my point YOU CANT DO IT

:tt04:

He was the winning QB in a Super Bowl!
What, that's not good enough for you?

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 10:26 AM
The quarterbacks you mentioned are BACKUPS. Congrats Ben is better than a bunch of Backups

All were starting qbs for the Steelers and you know it. Roethlisberger was a "backup" at one time, too.

Rileyfactor
I counted SIX errant passes from last night. Can you name SIX good passes? I ll settle for TWO

HALEY FAULT

South Burgh
We're not talking about last night, genius. You wanted to talk about Holmes and last I checked he didn't make any catches for the Steelers last night either. Tell, me, Einstein... what has Holmes done since leaving Ben and the Steelers? Now there's a question.

TD pass was good.
251 yards passing. Not bad.

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 10:27 AM
The quarterbacks you mentioned are BACKUPS. Congrats Ben is better than a bunch of Backups

Yup, dumb as a stump.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Are you retarded? Where did I say that Ben is a top 5 QB right now? Are you carrying on different conversations in your deluded pea-brain with imaginary people?

I admitted in several threads today that BEN DID NOT PLAY WELL, stupid. I have not once hesitated to say it either. Since when does a guy having a bad game dictate him being burned at the stake?

You are a spoiled rotten brat with a serious brain dysfunction and low reading comprehension. Seek help.

Ben has a bad game 90% OF THE TIME he faces a good defense and I have showed the PROOF. His whole career. Would you like to see the proof again?

You seem a little upset. HOW COME?

:tt:

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:28 AM
He was the winning QB in a Super Bowl!
What, that's not good enough for you?

So was Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Jim Mcmahon, Jim Plunkett etc

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:29 AM
All were starting qbs for the Steelers and you know it. Roethlisberger was a "backup" at one time, too.

Ben was a FIRST ROUND draft pick. Can you say the same about the BACKUPS you listed.??

ILL WAIT

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 10:29 AM
What has Ben done since Tone left the Steelers?

Took the team to his 3rd Super Bowl appearance in his career. I guess it is overshadowed by all of those Jets Super Bowl wins since Holmes arrived there though. Oh wait....

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 10:30 AM

Roethlisberger has been to 3 Super Bowls in about 7 years. How about any of these guys?

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 10:30 AM
Ben has a bad game 90% OF THE TIME he faces a good defense and I have showed the PROOF. His whole career. Would you like to see the proof again?

I'm not upset. I just think you're stupid. :noidea:

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 10:31 AM
Ben was a FIRST ROUND draft pick. Can you say the same about the BACKUPS you listed.??

ILL WAIT

They aren't backups. All were starting quarterbacks for the Steelers.

Buddha Bus

How many of them went to 3 Super Bowls? We'll wait......

FanSince72
Bradshaw threw 222 TD's in his career --- and 218 INT's.

Bradshaw doesn't rank in the top ten in most categories that are commonly used to describe a QB's overall performance.

But he got it done when it needed doing and that's the most important "stat" there is.

Ben is the same way -- great in the clutch when it counts.

Oh and before anyone says it, no, he isn't ALWAYS great in the clutch and neither was Bradshaw (they're both human) but like Bradshaw, Ben is good more often than he's bad.

(At least he was until the F.O. decided to fix what wasn't broken)

GBpack2010
09-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Beat the Bears for us guys.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:32 AM
Took the team to his 3rd Super Bowl appearance in his career. I guess it is overshadowed by all of those Jets Super Bowl wins since Holmes arrived there though. Oh wait....

Ben played HORRIBLE in that SB and was grossly outplayed by Rodgers. MENDENHALL led us to the SB. Ben got to go despite having a 33 rating in the AFCCG

MUST BE NICE

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:33 AM
How many of them went to 3 Super Bowls? We'll wait......

Max Starks went to three Super Bowls too. Your point?

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Ben played HORRIBLE in that SB and was grossly outplayed by Rodgers. MENDENHALL led us to the SB. Ben got to go despite having a 33 rating in the AFCCG

MUST BE NICE

Mendenthall? Isn't he the one that fumbled the game away when the Steelers were about to take it.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Bradshaw threw 222 TD's in his career --- and 218 INT's.

Bradshaw doesn't rank in the top ten in most categories that are commonly used to describe a QB's overall performance.

But he got it done when it needed doing and that's the most important "stat" there is.

Ben is the same way -- great in the clutch when it counts.

Oh and before anyone says it, no, he isn't ALWAYS great in the clutch and neither was Bradshaw (they're both human) but like Bradshaw, Ben is good more often than he's bad.

(At least he was until the F.O. decided to fix what wasn't broken)

Bradshaw was clutch in the SB Ben has THREE TDS AND FIVE INTS in three Sbs.

HOW IS THAT CLUTCH?

When was the last time Ben was clutch? in 09 vs the packers?

LONG TIME AGO MATE

FanSince72
09-17-2013, 10:35 AM
I counted SIX errant passes from last night. Can you name SIX good passes? I ll settle for TWO

HALEY FAULT

Dude, you really need to get out more.

There's a lot more to life than reviewing game film.

GBpack2010
09-17-2013, 10:35 AM
Mendenthall? Isn't he the one that fumbled the game away when the Steelers were about to take it.

We almost blew a 21-3 lead in that game.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:36 AM

He didnt give them a TD like #7 did

Ben is so gooood that NO ONE can list FOUR Elite games in a row his WHOLE CAREER

FUNNY

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Max Starks went to three Super Bowls too. Your point?

Max Starks was not the leader of the offense. Play stupid all you want to (maybe it's not an act :noidea:), but your arguments are nonsensical. Stick to your strengths.... playing with fingerpaints and eating paste.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:37 AM
We almost blew a 21-3 lead in that game.

In the SB? or the AFCCG?? Please list Ben's stats

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Guys are getting mad at me for pointing out the truth about Ben. I will not let you blame the line, Haley, Tomlin, wrs, injuries on Ben's ineptitude.

Sorry

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Guys are getting mad at me for pointing out the truth about Ben. I will not let you blame the line, Haley, Tomlin, wrs, injuries on Ben's ineptitude.

Sorry

No, we're getting tired of your troll act. That's it.

cksteel10
09-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Two cents..... thats all this is worth, if that.....

Do Steelers have a deal with the Cards? We got the short end of the stick on that one. Seems they got the better end, Arias, and Mendenhall..... Coach Wis etc...... Haley?????

Just venting.... Done..... :) I just hope all the wheels don't fall off.........

Fire Haley
09-17-2013, 12:40 PM
Do Steelers have a deal with the Cards? We got the short end of the stick on that one. Seems they got the better end, Arias, and Mendenhall..... Coach Wis etc...... Haley?????

Don't forget we got William Gay back in the deal

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 01:06 PM
No, we're getting tired of your troll act. That's it.

Everyone is a troll when they say something bad about Ben. The same is not said to those who bag on Haley and Tomlin. The latest example of hypocrisy in the Steeler Nation

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 01:13 PM
Everyone is a troll when they say something bad about Ben. The same is not said to those who bag on Haley and Tomlin. The latest example of hypocrisy in the Steeler Nation

Wrong. You are a troll for beating a dead horse and seemingly wanting him gone or crucified. Big difference.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Wrong. You are a troll for beating a dead horse and seemingly wanting him gone or crucified. Big difference.

Show me where I have said I want him gone. I will wait. In fact I said HE IS A STUD.

Sorry I dont engage in hyperbole in regards to production from our qb. I tell the truth. You dont like that truth. Crucified?

REALLY??

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 01:19 PM

What about the guys that beat a dead horse in terms of our line, Arians, Haley, Tomlin. Trolls?

COURSE NOT

Only in regard to BEN

Smokes
09-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Todd hailey is the worst period and should be fired!!! He stunk in kc and was fired and he has been worse here!!! If you can't run the ball you throw the ball down the field you don't throw 100 bubble screens that are at the line of scrimmage where all the defense is. Look at Green Bay they can't run but they score by running routs down the field.
If Todd is going to continue not to throw the ball more then a foot from the line we won't score again, every defense knows they don't have to cover but 5 yards of the field at a time. My 10 year old could call defense against the steelers and Todd!!! He was horrible in kc and is still horrible!!!! If tomlin pushed for him to be here then they both should be pushed out the door!!! Let them both hit the bricks!!!

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Show me where I have said I want him gone. I will wait. In fact I said HE IS A STUD.

Is that why you continue to say he sucks and is mediocre at best? Yeah, that's the definition of a stud alright. Are you high?

teegre
09-17-2013, 01:24 PM
This is an original thread.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 01:26 PM
Is that why you continue to say he sucks and is mediocre at best? Yeah, that's the definition of a stud alright. Are you high?

You cant show me where I have said I want him gone. How come? Now I challenge you to show me where I have said Ben sucks or he is mediocre. I say "Ben is GOOD but not ELITE"

Why do you hesitate to prove me wrong and show me where I have said the above things

StainlessStill
09-17-2013, 01:27 PM
You must have missed the plethora of long-balls thrown downfield, OP. Coaching certainly is a part of the problem, but it's far beyond that.

Not sure what an above average coordinator can do with the likes of David Paulson and an offensive line on ice-skates just begging to fall into their QB's knees. That's next. Paulson, along with the running backs, should be ashamed to even ask for NFL equipment at this point. Coaching is bad. Philosophy is bad. Personnel is bad. Flow is bad. The whole team is bad. Atleast the defense hustles.

Blacksburg Zach
09-17-2013, 01:30 PM
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=86403

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 01:42 PM

MUST BE NICE

Then every OC is DUMB For not teaching their qbs to play like Ben. How come qb coaches dont teach Ben's style in camps? I'lll tell you why, it doesnt bare positives results on a consistent basis. The line looked fine to me. Its funny you glossed over all of those errant passes by Ben. I guess that was Haleys fault right? How about that last pick? I'm sure you will blam Cothery for not being 6 foot 6 in order to catch that horrible pass. How about all of those long passes that Ben led the wr out of bounds. The guy has about as much touch as a heavy handed boxer. You are so SMART for wanting a 30 year old qb running around like Johnny football. SIGH

I called it. You guys would blame the line Aians, Tomlin, Haley, wrs

EVERYONE EXCEPT BEN

Blame the line, Tomln, wrs, Arians, Cowher, Haley, Wiz

EVERYONE EXCEPT BEN

Its Todd Haleys fault because Ben has zero touch on his long passes? Its Haleys fault that we sucked on 3rd down? Its Haley fault that Ben has ALWAYS been an undeachiever.

Last question: When was the last time that Ben led a comeback win?

Wait till the Steelers let Ben open it up and pass. Then you will see how LIMITED this quarterback really is.
Ben is GOOD he is not ELITE. It will all come to pass. I cant wait to see the

EXCUSES

Uh the DEFENSE DID. Funny Ben's teammates dont feel the same. Guys that TAKE their teams" are team MVPs. How come Ben hasnt been?

Ben won a SB while creating 23 turnovers in 08. 17 TDs

Ben is 10-3 with 20 TDS and 17 INTS

Sorry hes a game manager plus

Arians was the OC when Ben sucked in 08. He was the OC in 09 when we missed the playoffs. He was the OC when Ben put up 20 TDS AND 17 INTS in the playoffs.

MAKE ALL THE EXCUSES YOU WANT. BEN IS NOT THAT GOOD. FACT

And Tone was the MVP and not Ben. Because Tone had elite stats and Ben did not.

As well as Ben's D played we should have blew the cards out. Our offense has ALWAYS sucked in the Ben era. FACT

The Defense is ELITE year in and year out. Is Ben?

LOL
Ben is not elite and his PEERS continue to tell us that in every poll. WHY do they consistently Vote Ben so low?

Because Ben is inconsistent

I never said he has to perfect. I will settle for CONSISTENCY. Ben has played 10 years can you show me where he has EVER put together a string of 4 elite games in a row???

I challenge you

ILL WAIT

Bradshaw was clutch in the SB Ben has THREE TDS AND FIVE INTS in three Sbs.

HOW IS THAT CLUTCH?

When was the last time Ben was clutch? in 09 vs the packers?

LONG TIME AGO MATE

He didnt give them a TD like #7 did

Ben is so gooood that NO ONE can list FOUR Elite games in a row his WHOLE CAREER

FUNNY

Sorry

Sorry I dont engage in hyperbole in regards to production from our qb. I tell the truth. You dont like that truth. Crucified?

REALLY??

OK, so here are a slew of the glowing things you've said about the guy you claim to have said was a "stud". You've called him "bad", "inept", "inconsistent", an "underachiever", "limited", "not that good", "good", and "always sucked". Sounds like something you'd want in a guy you want to have around. Maybe you didn't clearly state it, but it sure sounds like you don't like him to me. I can't find the post where you claimed to have said he was a stud other than the one where you claimed to have said it prior. Must've missed that one.

Care to continue talking out your ass and making a fool of yourself?

BowCatShot
09-17-2013, 01:42 PM
He's not the worst. Joe Walton was. But they both have one thing in common. They both were hired because they were/are cronies of the Rooneys rather than because of their accomplishments or their abilities.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 01:52 PM
OK, so here are a slew of the glowing things you've said about the guy you claim to have said was a "stud". You've called him "bad", "inept", "inconsistent", an "underachiever", "limited", "not that good", "good", and "always sucked". Sounds like something you'd want in a guy you want to have around. Maybe you didn't clearly state it, but it sure sounds like you don't like him to me. I can't find the post where you claimed to have said he was a stud other than the one where you claimed to have said it prior. Must've missed that one.

Care to continue talking out your ass and making a fool of yourself?

Making a fool of myself. Show me ONE inorrect statement. Ben IS an underachiever according to Cowher, Wiz, Marvel and Joey Porter. I'll take their words. According to Ben he wasnt liked by teammates because of it. See the E:60 piece.

I stand by EVERYTHING I have said and you have proven that you are mad about what I say. Why else would you delve so deep into my words? Again, I thank you for the tribute, I will copy and paste and add it to the archives. There are some NUGGETS of knowledge in every post

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 01:56 PM
Making a fool of myself. Show me ONE inorrect statement.

How about all of them? :popcorn:

I stand by EVERYTHING I have said and you have proven that you are mad about what I say. Why else would you delve so deep into my words? Again, I thank you for the tribute, I will copy and paste and add it to the archives. There are some NUGGETS of knowledge in every post

Not mad just pointing out your idiotic assertions and double-talk. If you can't see it, you're dumber than I thought. I looked because you practically begged for it.

You cant show me where I have said I want him gone. How come? Now I challenge you to show me where I have said Ben sucks or he is mediocre. I say "Ben is GOOD but not ELITE"

*continuing to make you look dumb....*

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 02:58 PM
The last time a Todd Haley offense was good was in 2008 when Kurt Warner carried him. His years with the Chiefs were disgraceful, and he’s been a total bust in Pittsburgh. That’s five straight years of failure right there.

SkipBayless69
09-17-2013, 05:04 PM
The last time a Todd Haley offense was good was in 2008 when Kurt Warner carried him. His years with the Chiefs were disgraceful, and he’s been a total bust in Pittsburgh. That’s five straight years of failure right there.

MATT CASSEL WENT TO THE PROBOWL WITH HALEY AS HIS COACH!

MATT CASSEL!

TODD HALEY IS BETTER AT HIS JOB THAN YOU ARE AT YOURS!

FanSince72
09-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Cassel...Cassel...

Damn! I KNOW I've heard that name before...

(it'll come to me...)

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM

Our offense has sucked the whole Roethlisberger era so....

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 05:57 PM

MATT CASSEL!

:tt04::tt04::tt04:

Fire Haley
09-17-2013, 08:41 PM

quite right

so all these 'Ben fucked my sister' haters think it's time for the Landry Jones era?

BWAhahahahaha

yeah - I can hear it now

LAN-dry!
LAN-dry!
LAN-dry!

like that?

ricardisimo
09-17-2013, 09:41 PM
You know, I will agree with one critique here, namely that elite QBs do well in spite of their OCs, not because of them. That does not appear to fit Ben.

The real question is: who do you keep? Your great (but not elite) QB, or your hot-and-cold coordinator? Trick question, by the way.

IowaSteeler927
09-18-2013, 12:28 AM
You know, I will agree with one critique here, namely that elite QBs do well in spite of their OCs, not because of them. That does not appear to fit Ben.

The real question is: who do you keep? Your great (but not elite) QB, or your hot-and-cold coordinator? Trick question, by the way.

I respectfully disagree with that statement. A quarterback is only as good as his offensive line and as his receiving corps. Just ask Tom Brady about that after the first couple of games for the Patsies this season. Ben no longer has Santonio Holmes, or even Hines Ward at his disposal. We're down to Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, and Jerricho Cotchery as our top 3 receivers. As much as I love Brown and Sanders I just haven't gotten the vibe from them that they're as good as advertised. They haven't been beating the coverage enough to inspire complete confidence in them. Let's not forget that Ben is without Heath Miller as well who is a guy who can pick up the slack when the receivers aren't getting open, and he's a phenomenal blocking TE.

Then there's the offensive line. Plagued by injuries and they have to play a backup lineman in Beachum at the TE position just to help out with blocking because the starting front five hasn't been getting it done on their own.

I think a lot of the blame for the offensive woes has to be placed squarely on Todd Haley's shoulders. His play calling has left much to be desired. They continue to try and develop a non-existant running game behind an offensive line that can't run block and they're doing it with a group of running backs that quite frankly are all backup material with some probably not even being that much. I'm not a fan of this new offensive scheme forcing Ben to try and be a prototypical pocket passer behind a limp dicked offensive line that obviously hasn't been getting things done. Todd Haley hasn't looked good as an offensive minded coach since he was last with the Cardinals. Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald apparently fit well into his offense. It obviously doesn't seem to be working the same way in Pittsburgh. As much as I hated Bruce Arians' bubble screens I'd take him back in a heart beat over Todd Haley. Ben is an elite quarterback, hands down. Three Super Bowls overall with a 2-1 record in the Super Bowl. He's not an elite pocket passer, but he is elite at what he does best and that's being able to make something out of nothing. His ability to extend plays literally helped get us two more Super Bowl rings. Let's face it, prior to Ben we weren't winning any Super Bowls. Tommy Maddox didn't get us to the promised land, neither did Kordell Stewart. Ben comes in as a rookie and goes 15-1 losing in the playoffs to Shady Brady and Bill Belicheat during the spygate era. My opinion is that Ben's elite at the way he plays the game, just as much as Brady, and Manning are elite at standing in the pocket and displaying ridiculous accuracy.

So that's just my .02 cents. I think even the most elite quarterbacks are only as good as their surrounding cast and that includes the Offensive Coordinator. Haley needs to get the offense more vertical. We have receivers that can run so let them run. Let Ben be Ben, he's going to get hit anyway but he's also one of the toughest guys in the NFL when it comes to playing with injuries. Right now I feel like Todd Haley is literally neutering our offense with this boring dink and dunk philosophy that's supposed to protect our QB. This offense might work with a different Quarterback, a guy like Brady or Manning (playing behind elite offensive lines) who are noteworthy for their abilities to get rid of the ball quickly and accurately. Nobody was complaining when Ben was running around and extending plays and winning Super Bowls over the past decade but now all of a sudden he's not elite and our offense is his fault because he's being forced to do exactly the opposite of what he's been good at for over a decade?

ricardisimo
09-18-2013, 03:37 AM
I respectfully disagree with that statement. A quarterback is only as good as his offensive line and as his receiving corps. Just ask Tom Brady about that after the first couple of games for the Patsies this season. Ben no longer has Santonio Holmes, or even Hines Ward at his disposal. We're down to Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, and Jerricho Cotchery as are Top 3 receivers. As much as I love Brown and Sanders I just haven't gotten the vibe from them that they're as good as advertised. They haven't been beating the coverage enough to inspire complete confidence in them. Let's not forget that Ben is without Heath Miller as well who is a guy who can pick up the slack when the receivers aren't getting open, and he's a phenomenal blocking TE.

Then there's the offensive line. Plagued by injuries and they have to play a backup lineman in Beachum at the TE position just to help out with blocking because the starting front five hasn't been getting it done on their own.

I think a lot of the blame for the offensive woes has to be placed squarely on Todd Haley's shoulders. His play calling has left much to be desired. They continue to try and develop a non-existant running game behind an offensive line that can't run block and they're doing it with a group of running backs that quite frankly are all backup material with some probably not even being that much. I'm not a fan of this new offensive scheme forcing Ben to try and be a prototypical pocket passer behind a limp dicked offensive line that obviously hasn't been getting things done.

So that's just my .02 cents. I think even the most elite quarterbacks are only as good as their surrounding cast.
Your objection is duly noted, except that I clearly said "OC", not "OL". This is the "Fire Haley" thread, and I was speaking to the comment made by several here that Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and maybe one or two other do well year after year after year on different teams with different coordinators.

Ben is no god, and Haley does not - thus far - seem to be speaking to his strengths. It's a bad formula.

IowaSteeler927
09-18-2013, 04:32 AM
Your objection is duly noted, except that I clearly said "OC", not "OL". This is the "Fire Haley" thread, and I was speaking to the comment made by several here that Brady, Manning, Rodgers, and maybe one or two other do well year after year after year on different teams with different coordinators.

Ben is no god, and Haley does not - thus far - seem to be speaking to his strengths. It's a bad formula.

I expanded upon my original post. I'm at work so I had to kind of work out my thoughts in spurts. I don't think Ben is a deity by any means, but it's obvious that the current offensive scheme isn't working and that Haley needs to put the focus on letting the receivers run and getting the offense more vertical. I don't think Ben is to blame for our issues, I think Todd Haley is the main reason we're having so much trouble.

ricardisimo
09-18-2013, 05:00 AM
I expanded upon my original post. I'm at work so I had to kind of work out my thoughts in spurts. I don't think Ben is a deity by any means, but it's obvious that the current offensive scheme isn't working and that Haley needs to put the focus on letting the receivers run and getting the offense more vertical. I don't think Ben is to blame for our issues, I think Todd Haley is the main reason we're having so much trouble.
And I think it's a combination. Something happened to Ben's brain or his body, as far as I can tell right around the Chiefs game last year. He hasn't been Ben since then, and any Ben detractors or defenders must have seen this by now.

Buddha Bus
09-18-2013, 05:05 AM
And I think it's a combination. Something happened to Ben's brain or his body, as far as I can tell right around the Chiefs game last year. He hasn't been Ben since then, and any Ben detractors or defenders must have seen this by now.

Maybe the near-death experience of his rib injury made him rethink his mortality in relation to his fatherhood? :noidea:

He may be a little gun shy and hesitant now. He definitely doesn't look quite right.

The good news is that he has shown some flashes of his former self in spots this year, just not as often as usual. Let's hope he gets his head right and in the game again.

IowaSteeler927
09-18-2013, 05:07 AM

I think the whole offense hasn't been the same. I think teams figured out our scheme and started using the way the Chiefs defended us last year as a template. Haley's book is too easy to read, entirely too predictable, bland, and boring. I do think you are right though, something is wrong with Ben, one thing I have noticed is that he's not as accurate though I think a lot of his bad throws in these first two games can be attributed to the fact that he's got guys in his face most of the game. Some of his throws even when he's had time though are off kilter.

South Burgh
09-18-2013, 05:32 AM

MATT CASSEL!

I don't have a job. I'm living off your tax dollars. Deal with it.

South Burgh
09-18-2013, 05:40 AM
Maybe the near-death experience of his rib injury made him rethink his mortality in relation to his fatherhood? :noidea:

He may be a little gun shy and hesitant now. He definitely doesn't look quite right.

The good news is that he has shown some flashes of his former self in spots this year, just not as often as usual. Let's hope he gets his head right and in the game again.

Ben was a better QB when he was raping broads:beerfunnel:

South Burgh
09-18-2013, 06:02 AM
I'm kidding, of course:couch:

Fire Haley
09-18-2013, 07:08 AM

Oh just let the Ben haters have their way, trade Ben to the Jags for Blaine Gabbert and their #1 and #2 pick next year which we will use on 2 more DL busts.

Then let the wunderboy Haley coach Gabbert up for the next 5 years.

Steelers could then put some tarps up over 5 -10,000 seats for the next decade if they need to cover their losses.

How's that sound?

South Burgh
09-18-2013, 08:24 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/18/report-antonio-brown-confronts-todd-haley-on-sideline/

Fansince71
09-18-2013, 01:10 PM
I'm a NEWb here, but not to Steelers football. I totally agree that Todd Haley and his offense suck. His offense is built for a QB that can't move in the pocket, or throw the ball more than 20 yards. IE: Matt Cassel.

We also need to look at getting a new Head Coach. Tomlin did okay as long as Cowers players were young and healthy, but who has he really developed into a Pro Bowl player, or drafted that has really worked out.
Let's not forget, Haley was his choice for OC.

Get ready for a REALLY LONG SEASON!

SteelCity412
09-18-2013, 01:43 PM
I've read this site for awhile and I just have to say Rileyfactor, you really need to go somewhere else and stop posting here. You don't ever seem to add anything of value and your overwhelming hatred for Ben doesn't stimulate meaningful conversation. Good day..

pittsburghmauler
09-18-2013, 01:49 PM
Haley might not deserve all the blame but this is getting ridiculous. Bring in some fresh air to this offense before its too late.

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Haley's offense was fine when Kurt Warner led it for the Cards. He even let Kurt audible. Why cant you guys understand that when an 11 year vet is not allowed to audible, then the problem is the QUARTERBACK.

The Rooneys are well aware that Haley wont let Ben audible. Does any rational thinker believe for an instant that the Rooneys will let Haley treat Ben unfairly. I dont think they would. There is MORE to this story then most want to admit.

Ben not being able to audible tells me that he sucks at audibling and the plays that YOU ALL got mad at Arians for seems to be the probuct of Ben Roethlisberger.

Not a Ben hater but a Ben realist.

pittsburghmauler
09-18-2013, 03:06 PM
Ok so Big Ben was very effective under Arians, won us two, almost three superbowls. Remember that last minute drive to win the Superbowl against the cards? Without Ben there is no way in hell we win that.

Now a new coordinator comes in, the offense looks terrible and you're telling me are proven QB is the problem?

Blacksburg Zach
09-18-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm a NEWb here, but not to Steelers football. I totally agree that Todd Haley and his offense suck. His offense is built for a QB that can't move in the pocket, or throw the ball more than 20 yards. IE: Matt Cassel.

We also need to look at getting a new Head Coach. Tomlin did okay as long as Cowers players were young and healthy, but who has he really developed into a Pro Bowl player, or drafted that has really worked out.
Let's not forget, Haley was his choice for OC.

Get ready for a REALLY LONG SEASON!

I hope the season is long. I like seasons that last 19-20 games.

Lokki
09-18-2013, 04:13 PM
. Why cant you guys understand that when an 11 year vet is not allowed to audible, then the problem is the QUARTERBACK.

So explain to me then how we move the ball down the field when we go no huddle and Ben is calling the plays? I know that in Game 1 it was in garbage time at the end of the game, but when he did it in game 2, it wasn't garbage time.

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Ok so Big Ben was very effective under Arians, won us two, almost three superbowls. Remember that last minute drive to win the Superbowl against the cards? Without Ben there is no way in hell we win that.

Now a new coordinator comes in, the offense looks terrible and you're telling me are proven QB is the problem?

Under Arians you guys were saying the same crap you're saying about Halwy. Dont try to champion Arians now. Under Arians WE DIDNT SCORE A LOT OF POINTS (great between the 20s) but low point output. Same thing under Wiz. ONE COMMON DENOMINATOR. BenRowthlisberger. Its obvious where the problem is. Ben LED us to three SBS? Hyperbole at its finest. Ben Rowthlisberger has 20 TDS And 17 INTS But yet hes has a 10-3 record. How do you LEAD with stats so pitiful. Last drive in 40 was great but one drive out of three Sbs speaks volumes. So does the fact that Haley, Tomlin and the Rooneys wont let him audible.

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 04:51 PM
So explain to me then how we move the ball down the field when we go no huddle and Ben is calling the plays? I know that in Game 1 it was in garbage time at the end of the game, but when he did it in game 2, it wasn't garbage time.

So Haley wont let him audible BUT he lets him call plays in no huddle? DOES THAT MAKE SENSE TO YOU? As I have explained to many, during no huddle HALWY is calling the playa. What does Ben turn off his headset? Its simple. Haley calls out a number in Bens ear. Ben looks down on wrist and calls the number his Oc instructed.. Now before you object, please keep in mind we only scored ONCE in hurryup. 19 points in TWO games. BLastly Russell Wison scored over 40 points like 4 times last year. Ben hasnt done it 6 times in his CAREER. Blame Wiz, Arians, Haley, the line...,,

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 05:19 PM
We didnt score a lot of points before Todd Haley came but its HIS FAULT
We had a sack problem before he came but its HIS FAULT.
Ben didnt get along with Cowher
Ben didnt get along with Wiz
Ben doesnt get along with Haley

Ben is UNCOACHABLE. Who does he think he is?
I ONLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY ONE WAY COACH
Bens OWN teammates call him out Porter, Marvel, Hines and Harrison
They get ripped for it.
He has run ins with Wiz and Cowher
Goodell says NOT ONE of his teammates went to bat for him

Ben is a DIVA. If this were Leftwich would you be backing a PLAYER over a coach?

Ricco Suavez
09-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Alas we don't have Peyton, Brady, and now Russell or is it Luck. How's Brady doing so far this year without his weapons? You are like an AM station in Kansas that plays one sad song all night long. Keep spouting your garbage there LW maybe you can get your membership up to double digits around here.(That's if you open a few more accounts)

pittsburghmauler
09-18-2013, 05:54 PM
We didnt score a lot of points before Todd Haley came but its HIS FAULT
We had a sack problem before he came but its HIS FAULT.
Ben didnt get along with Cowher
Ben didnt get along with Wiz
Ben doesnt get along with Haley

Ben is UNCOACHABLE. Who does he think he is?
I ONLY KNOW HOW TO PLAY ONE WAY COACH
Bens OWN teammates call him out Porter, Marvel, Hines and Harrison
They get ripped for it.
He has run ins with Wiz and Cowher
Goodell says NOT ONE of his teammates went to bat for him

Ben is a DIVA. If this were Leftwich would you be backing a PLAYER over a coach?

Where the heck do you get the idea that Ben is uncoachable?
lol every sport in every city will have some occasional riffs between players. This is completely normal and always blown way out of proportion by the media. I can guarantee you Ben has the respect of all his teammates. He has played through so much pain so many times and has come through under pressure all the while remaining very humble.

As for the rest, you speak of stats. Well Ben has put together good statistical seasons in just about every season so far. His QB rating is almost always over 90. How much offense has he created by extending plays? Ben has made the Steelers offense look better than it is.

Just look at last game. Steelers had no run game whatsoever but were still tied 10-10 at the half. Why? Because Ben came through. That's why.

It's one thing if you don't agree that Haley is a problem but to blame big Ben? You have to be kidding me! Franchise quarterbacks are extremely hard to come by. We are very fortunate to have Ben. Do you remember Stewart or Maddox? I sure do....

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 06:07 PM
Alas we don't have Peyton, Brady, and now Russell or is it Luck. How's Brady doing so far this year without his weapons? You are like an AM station in Kansas that plays one sad song all night long. Keep spouting your garbage there LW maybe you can get your membership up to double digits around here.(That's if you open a few more accounts)

Brady is 2-0 thats how hes doung. we won 3 superbowls without weapons. He also excelled with Weiss, Mcdaniels and Obrien as OC. Why cant Ben do the same?

Singed LW

Ricco Suavez
09-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Brady is 2-0 thats how hes doung. we won 3 superbowls without weapons. He also excelled with Weiss, Mcdaniels and Obrien as OC. Why cant Ben do the same?

Singed LW

To the tune of 18 points per game, guess his defense is carrying his worthless ass. Maybe he should give them a discount on his 100 million salary. At least he has had a running game in the past to carry him.

As for weapons he had Corey Dillon one of those SB and he averaged over 100 yards per game by his self. Pretty good for no weapon, Could not win with Welker or Moss WTH?

Ricco Suavez
09-18-2013, 06:14 PM

Singed LW

We ain't had Weiss, McDaniels, or O'brien. Would love to try though.

pittsburghmauler
09-18-2013, 06:49 PM

Singed LW

lol the patriots are 2-0. its funny how its always the qb and nobody else who gets all the credit or blame. Fact is brady never won a superbowl without a great defense. Not saying he isn't a great qb but fact is no qb can win on his own.

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 07:02 PM
Where the heck do you get the idea that Ben is uncoachable?
lol every sport in every city will have some occasional riffs between players. This is completely normal and always blown way out of proportion by the media. I can guarantee you Ben has the respect of all his teammates. He has played through so much pain so many times and has come through under pressure all the while remaining very humble.

As for the rest, you speak of stats. Well Ben has put together good statistical seasons in just about every season so far. His QB rating is almost always over 90. How much offense has he created by extending plays? Ben has made the Steelers offense look better than it is.

Just look at last game. Steelers had no run game whatsoever but were still tied 10-10 at the half. Why? Because Ben came through. That's why.

It's one thing if you don't agree that Haley is a problem but to blame big Ben? You have to be kidding me! Franchise quarterbacks are extremely hard to come by. We are very
fortunate to have Ben. Do you remember Stewart or Maddox? I sure do....

Bill Cowher says Ben don't ride that motorcycle without a helmet so Ben doea anyway. Even after the accident he rides again w/o hwlmet and flips off camera.

Has run ins with OC Ken Wisenhunt. Has off field issues involving women despite all of the NFL Seminars etc

Openly criticizes managements decision to remove Arians
Openly criticizes new OC Todd Haley.

COACHABLE? Course

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 07:06 PM
To the tune of 18 points per game, guess his defense is carrying his worthless ass. Maybe he should give them a discount on his 100 million salary. At least he has had a running game in the past to carry him.

As for weapons he had Corey Dillon one of those SB and he averaged over 100 yards per game by his self. Pretty good for no weapon, Could not win with Welker or Moss WTH?

So you blame Brady for two games of ineptitude but give Ben a pass for a careera worth?

Brady starts IF hes in the burgh. Fact

Ricco Suavez
09-18-2013, 07:13 PM
So you blame Brady for two games of ineptitude but give Ben a pass for a careera worth?

Brady starts IF hes in the burgh. Fact

Whats good for your arguments is good for me. Tit for tat. Like I said you are a cherry picker.

Ricco Suavez
09-18-2013, 07:15 PM
Hey Riley/LW/whoever I answered your 100 million dollar comparisons, why have you not come back with anything, Can't find that one special fact to put your "spin" on it?

Ricco Suavez
09-18-2013, 07:35 PM
Gotta go, can't wait all night for you to find those certain "facts" or for you to create a new ID to agree with you. I will be back to laugh and play tomorrow.

pittsburghmauler
09-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Bill Cowher says Ben don't ride that motorcycle without a helmet so Ben doea anyway. Even after the accident he rides again w/o hwlmet and flips off camera.

Has run ins with OC Ken Wisenhunt. Has off field issues involving women despite all of the NFL Seminars etc

Openly criticizes managements decision to remove Arians
Openly criticizes new OC Todd Haley.

COACHABLE? Course

lol you have to be out of arguments to try and use his choice to ride a bike without a helmet to try and prove him uncoachable. Its what he does and how he acts on the field that shows how coachable he is. He's a team player and Bill Cower would be the first to defend Big Ben. As a matter of fact, Ben would've never become the starting QB under Cowher if he was not coachable.

j-d-s
09-18-2013, 08:34 PM
I think it's obvious that Todd Haley is a big reason why we're so bad right now. We didn't go 8-8 last year for no reason and are now 0-2. Our D is alright, even though they lack turnovers. It's just that your Offense has to be able to score more than 20 points if you wanna be a contender.

Everytime Ben went to no huddle, we suddenly get something going, after only 3&outs while Haley called the plays. So it's obvious that Haley is the problem.

Plus, i agree on the fact that we should just stop runnig... Redman is a joke and the rest of the RBs is not much better. Until Bell returns, just pass always.

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Whats good for your arguments is good for me. Tit for tat. Like I said you are a cherry picker.

Cherry pick?
Brady has more wins than Ben.
Has more yards,
More Tds,
More Sb wins.
More SB appearances.
Better head to head record.
More league Mvps.
More SB Mvps,
A unanimous Hofer.
Teammates love him,
More Females
More Pro Bowls
More All Pro teams
More Espys
lastly, If Brady was a Steeler we would sing this to Ben...

Nah Nah na nah Nah Nah Nah Nuh HEY HEY HEY GOOOD BYE

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 09:07 PM
lol you have to be out of arguments to try and use his choice to ride a bike without a helmet to try and prove him uncoachable. Its what he does and how he acts on the field that shows how coachable he is. He's a team player and Bill Cower would be the first to defend Big Ben. As a matter of fact, Ben would've never become the starting QB under Cowher if he was not coachable.

Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher says it was hard to get through to Ben Roethlisberger after the quarterback had so much success early in his career.

Yet Cowher believes the sexual assault investigation that led to a six-game suspension for Roethlisberger was a "slap in the face" that has led to some much-needed maturity.
In an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday, Cowher described how Roethlisberger used to respond to advice about his off-field behavior. "'But we're winning games. We're winning championships," Cowher recounted. "'What do you mean? Isn't that what we're here to do
"Yeah," Cowher said, "but there's more to it than that."

Uncoachable

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 09:10 PM
I think it's obvious that Todd Haley is a big reason why we're so bad right now. We didn't go 8-8 last year for no reason and are now 0-2. Our D is alright, even though they lack turnovers. It's just that your Offense has to be able to score more than 20 points if you wanna be a contender.

Everytime Ben went to no huddle, we suddenly get something going, after only 3&outs while Haley called the plays. So it's obvious that Haley is the problem.

Plus, i agree on the fact that we should just stop runnig... Redman is a joke and the rest of the RBs is not much better. Until Bell returns, just pass always.

Our offense DIDNT score points pre Haley. Next Excuse?
When we go No huddle, Haley is STILL in Ben's ear calling a number. Ben looks on his arm and calls that play. We have scored only 8% of the time while in NO huddle. Still wanna credit Ben for calling said plays??? Next Excuse???

Just pass always???

WHY DID I REPSOND TO THIS???

Ricco Suavez
09-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Cherry pick?
Brady has more wins than Ben.
Has more yards,
More Tds,
More Sb wins.
More SB appearances.
Better head to head record.
More league Mvps.
More SB Mvps,
A unanimous Hofer.
Teammates love him,
More Females
More Pro Bowls
More All Pro teams
More Espys
lastly, If Brady was a Steeler we would sing this to Ben...

Nah Nah na nah Nah Nah Nah Nuh HEY HEY HEY GOOOD BYE

By this criteria then only the great Peyton is in your opinion the only QB other than Brady able to QB in the NFL, I mean Arron Rodgers does not live up to these standards. You set the bar high. I see now why a QB like Ben could never live up to your expectations. You truly are a great judge of talent.

j-d-s
09-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Our offense DIDNT score points pre Haley. Next Excuse?
When we go No huddle, Haley is STILL in Ben's ear calling a number. Ben looks on his arm and calls that play. We have scored only 8% of the time while in NO huddle. Still wanna credit Ben for calling said plays??? Next Excuse???

Just pass always???

WHY DID I REPSOND TO THIS???

That doesn't change the fact that Todd Haley's playcalling is poor and that there is absolutely no excuse for the play our offense shows. Todd Haley never produced good results and he continues not to do so. He is responsible for that.

Btw... even though i think Tomlin is a good coach, he should improve the way we call Timeouts. We often waste Timeouts just like that. Plus i want him to go for a 4th&short more often...

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 10:50 PM
By this criteria then only the great Peyton is in your opinion the only QB other than Brady able to QB in the NFL, I mean Arron Rodgers does not live up to these standards. You set the bar high. I see now why a QB like Ben could never live up to your expectations. You truly are a great judge of talent.

You are the one trying to compare FG Ben to Touchdown Brady. Thats like nickel (you) debating Hamilton (me).

MISMATCH

Rileyfactor
09-18-2013, 10:53 PM
That doesn't change the fact that Todd Haley's playcalling is poor and that there is absolutely no excuse for the play our offense shows. Todd Haley never produced good results and he continues not to do so. He is responsible for that.

Btw... even though i think Tomlin is a good coach, he should improve the way we call Timeouts. We often waste Timeouts just like that. Plus i want him to go for a 4th&short more often...

Todd Haley dialed up several TDS. Only our Qb haz no touch on the ball and habitually overthrows or grossly under throws the wr. True Story. Todd Haleys offense looked awesome with an elite quarterback running it (Kurt Warner)

See

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RchW9GpUipI

Buddha Bus
09-19-2013, 04:14 AM
Ooooh, more digital diarrhea from Riley showing us what a "stud" he thinks Ben Roethlisberger is.

There really needs to be a rule against allowing people with severe brain trauma who do hallucinogenic drugs to post here.

pittsburghmauler
09-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher says it was hard to get through to Ben Roethlisberger after the quarterback had so much success early in his career.

Yet Cowher believes the sexual assault investigation that led to a six-game suspension for Roethlisberger was a "slap in the face" that has led to some much-needed maturity.
In an interview with The Associated Press on Tuesday, Cowher described how Roethlisberger used to respond to advice about his off-field behavior. "'But we're winning games. We're winning championships," Cowher recounted. "'What do you mean? Isn't that what we're here to do
"Yeah," Cowher said, "but there's more to it than that."

Uncoachable

You say the sexual assault case was the slap in the face he needed so therefore he is now coachable by your logic.

Also, a player is coachable if he does what is asked of him on the field. Big Ben has done that and more. He's a big leader on this team. He's very coachable. As for off field incidents, its not your coach who is responsible for how you act outside of football games. Every human is responsible for their own actions. Plus Big Ben hasnt had any off the field incidents in a heck of a long time so oonce again you have zero proof that he is uncoachable. We're not talking about a big ego dude like T.O who puts himself before the team. We're talking about big Ben, a QB who will play through anything the doctors let him to try and help our beloved Steelers win.

Rileyfactor
09-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Ooooh, more digital diarrhea from Riley showing us what a "stud" he thinks Ben Roethlisberger is.

There really needs to be a rule against allowing people with severe brain trauma who do hallucinogenic drugs to post here.

Notice he can only name call? Why cant he list the last time Ben has played well on National tv.????

Rileyfactor
09-19-2013, 11:02 AM
You say the sexual assault case was the slap in the face he needed so therefore he is now coachable by your logic.

Also, a player is coachable if he does what is asked of him on the field. Big Ben has done that and more. He's a big leader on this team. He's very coachable. As for off field incidents, its not your coach who is responsible for how you act outside of football games. Every human is responsible for their own actions. Plus Big Ben hasnt had any off the field incidents in a heck of a long time so oonce again you have zero proof that he is uncoachable. We're not talking about a big ego dude like T.O who puts himself before the team. We're talking about big Ben, a QB who will play through anything the doctors let him to try and help our beloved Steelers win.

Actually, those are Cowhers words not mine. Ben is coachable? Present your proof, I could care less about your opinion. When have you ever heard about Ben Roethlisberger staying late after practice in helping the receivers? Why does Bruce Arians go on and on about how smart Carson Palmer is and he never said the same thing about Ben Roethlisberger? How come TEAMMATES only started voting him captain RECENTLY? So openly going against your office of coordinator is being coachable openly going against your head coach Bill Cowher is being coachable? If you say so mate

Rileyfactor
09-19-2013, 11:05 AM
At least TO performs ELITE. EVERYONE speaks of how hard TO works. And lastI checked hes never had the cops involved. TO is a cancer but Ben isnt. CLASSIC

pittsburghmauler
09-19-2013, 12:21 PM
-Big Ben on Arians: ''Roethlisberger has a friendly relationship with Arians, 60, but said that never stood in the way of what was professional interaction first.

"He knows when to push you," Roethlisberger said. "People always thought that it was this great relationship that was hunky dory. We got into our disagreements, our arguments. I think that is healthy. All good relationships should have that and he knows how to motivate each player.''

Bill Cowher on Big Ben's ranking in the NFL network top 100: ''I mean the guy is a winner; he's a competitor. You put him in the fourth quarter and I will take that quarterback over anybody in the league. The guy is strong in the pocket, he can throw the ball accurately and he can move. He's a better athlete than you give him credit for''

So Cowher wouldtake this uncoachable quarterback over any in the league? lol just lol

Hasnt had any off the field incidents in a long time but you still go on about those.

What has T.O won? T.O's terrible attitude ruined his late career

Rileyfactor
09-19-2013, 01:20 PM
-Big Ben on Arians: ''Roethlisberger has a friendly relationship with Arians, 60, but said that never stood in the way of what was professional interaction first.

"He knows when to push you," Roethlisberger said. "People always thought that it was this great relationship that was hunky dory. We got into our disagreements, our arguments. I think that is healthy. All good relationships should have that and he knows how to motivate each player.''

Bill Cowher on Big Ben's ranking in the NFL network top 100: ''I mean the guy is a winner; he's a competitor. You put him in the fourth quarter and I will take that quarterback over anybody in the league. The guy is strong in the pocket, he can throw the ball accurately and he can move. He's a better athlete than you give him credit for''

So Cowher wouldtake this uncoachable quarterback over any in the league? lol just lol

Hasnt had any off the field incidents in a long time but you still go on about those.

What has T.O won? T.O's terrible attitude ruined his late career

Cowher was asked SPECIFICALLY about Ben. You act like he went out of his way and volunteered the information

Rileyfactor
09-19-2013, 01:23 PM
Cowher didnt even want to draft Ben. How come you didnt post Bens last game that he played well on Natl Tv? Lol

TO is a cancer and I agree but SO IS BEN.

SteelersCanada
09-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Cowher didnt even want to draft Ben. How come you didnt post Bens last game that he played well on Natl Tv? Lol

I think we'd all appreciate if you just stopped everything you're doing right now. That would be fantastic.

Now, a little bit more on topic - say what you will about Haley and his offense, but we've seen it work. Everyone needs to be on the same page, but more importantly, everyone needs to be healthy. Once Heath and Le'Veon come back, I think it will spark this offense but in the meantime, guys need to step up. Felix, Paulson and Redman need to stop shitting the bed.

Fansince71
09-19-2013, 08:08 PM
I think we'd all appreciate if you just stopped everything you're doing right now. That would be fantastic.

Now, a little bit more on topic - say what you will about Haley and his offense, but we've seen it work. Everyone needs to be on the same page, but more importantly, everyone needs to be healthy. Once Heath and Le'Veon come back, I think it will spark this offense but in the meantime, guys need to step up. Felix, Paulson and Redman need to stop shitting the bed.

I could not agree more about Rileyfactor. He is about as much a Steeler fan as I am a Cowboy fan!
Speaking of someone being a CANCER, that is what Rileyfactoid is. To bad this board can't cut him out like a tumor.
From what I have read, there are a lot of good fans that come here. Riley probably has no friends to talk to, so he comes here just to spout his version of "facts".
Riley, since you love Brady so much, how about going to the Pats board and screwing up their forums.

Buddha Bus
09-20-2013, 06:27 AM
Notice he can only name call? Why cant he list the last time Ben has played well on National tv.????

Because, as I've stated before, you merit no such respect. You are a giant douchebag troll and nothing more. I look forward to your imminent banning.

Rileyfactor:monkey:

MasterOfPuppets
09-20-2013, 08:15 PM

there is...

http://anthonycolpo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/internet-police-stupid.jpg

Hawaii 5-0
09-20-2013, 09:20 PM

http://cdn.lolzbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/You’re-an-idiot.jpg

Lady Steel
09-21-2013, 12:26 AM

Um, this thread is about Todd Haley. There are a ton of Ben threads around here. Stay on topic or GTFO! :mad:

therocksteeler
09-22-2013, 09:58 PM
I have been a member of Steeler Nation for a long time. I have seen the heart aches of bad seasons come and go. However, speaking very objectively I cannot over look the current play calling the offense is attempting to complete. But I feel there is more going on in the Pittsburgh Steeler organization than meets the eye. Years ago when the Steelers acquired Todd the team as a whole voiced there objections to this change. The front office and current head coach then came back with deal with it. I feel the non aggressiveness during the game is in part to two major points. Point one...If the front office will not listen to us then we will call his plays and let the chips fall...I feel this is taking place and the team on offense is not at fault. Yes they will say in interviews yeah we should have played better but they know thay are just doing as told in order to weed out Todd and his High Schoolish playbook. Point two....When the two minute offense is going and no helmet plays are being called in We Move The Football Well. Yep when Ben calls on the fly we do well. When failure is a facture only when the games beginning moments during which Todd's plays fall to the ground like the Patriot's video camera during Training Camp. Solution....we suffer this year but the Dan in the Box better start looking now for someone that will be aggressive and consistent. These 3rd down and 15 yards to go outlet pass plays just do not cut it with this long time fan. " But that's just my opinion folks and I could be wrong"......bet I'm not though.....L8ter!

islandsnow
09-22-2013, 10:38 PM
Ok what the hell kind of call was that on 4th and 10? A screen? Fire Haley!!! NOW!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Hawaii 5-0
09-22-2013, 11:46 PM
Tomlin might have no other move than to fire Haley

by JOHN DUDLEY
SEPTEMBER 23, 2013

PITTSBURGH -- This isn't the start the Steelers had in mind. They're not alone.

Misery has had plenty of company among NFL teams with high expectations this season.

Six playoff participants from 2012 are either 1-2 or 0-3 after Week 3, including the Super Bowl runner-up 49ers, who are 1-2 and have been outscored 84-44.

The Giants and Redskins, expected to battle it out for NFC East supremacy, are winless. And the Falcons and Packers, preseason favorites in their respective divisions, have two victories between them.

That's of little consolation to the Steelers, who are fighting their own demons for the second straight season.

They fell behind the Bears 17-0 and 24-3 Sunday night and, regardless of the outcome, were assured of waking up this morning looking up at the Bengals and Ravens in the AFC North standings.

That's not the view Steelers fans expected three weeks into the season, even in the wake of another rash of injuries that's already claimed center Maurkice Pouncey and linebacker Larry Foote for the year and kept rookie running back Le'Veon Bell on the sidelines.

The panic button doesn't get much use in Pittsburgh. You have to wonder if the thing even works. This is a proud franchise whose history hasn't been built on scapegoats and sacrificial lambs.

But that could change.

Head coach Mike Tomlin's job doesn't appear to be in jeopardy, but Tomlin seems to be running out of moves to find a quick fix for his struggling team. The Steelers haven't posted back-to-back wins since Weeks 9 and 10 of last season. They went into Sunday 8-11 in their previous 19 games, including the January 2012 playoff loss in Denver.

One move Tomlin could make -- and probably should make -- is to replace Todd Haley.

Almost since his hiring before the 2012 season, Haley has been coordinator non grata here.

His well-publicized dispute with Ben Roethlisberger months before training camp began was probably blown out of proportion. But where there's smoke there's usually fire, and there's little doubt the relationship between Haley and his franchise quarterback has been a slow burn.

The perception is that Tomlin acted rashly in cutting ties with Bruce Arians, under whom the Steelers had been a productive, if not particularly flashy, offensive team.

They ranked 12th, 14th, seventh and 22nd in total yards and tied for 21st, 12th, 12th and 20th in scoring in Arians' final four seasons.

Last season under Haley they were 21st in total yards and 22nd in scoring.

But in a league in which success is judged on wins and losses, not statistics, more damning is the Steelers' record since Haley arrived, compared with the 45-19 mark in the previous four regular seasons under Arians.

Excuses abound, including the horrible series of injuries along the offensive line, Rashard Mendenhall's spiraling decline from franchise runner to disposable part and the departure of Mike Wallace via free agency.

But every team deals with unexpected losses. The Steelers' one-time AFC playoff rivals, the New England Patriots, have experienced their own run of bad luck, including the absence of tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez and Wes Welker's jump to the Broncos. Yet there New England sits at 3-0.

After the Steelers fell behind 24-3 on national television Sunday night with a turnover-and sack-filled performance, jobs should be on the line this week.

Haley could be the first to go, and it will be hard to find anyone in Pittsburgh who would make a strong argument to save him.

http://goerie.com/article/20130923/SPORTS0509/309239957/Tomlin-might-have-no-other-move-than-to-fire-Haley

ZoneBlitzer
09-23-2013, 12:51 AM
If you're going to make the move, better do it now. Obviously he and Ben are at a philosophical impasse.
Cut ties or be willing to bench Ben. Yes, I said Bench Ben.

South Burgh
09-23-2013, 04:35 AM
I hate to say it, but that Rileyfactor dude might be right. Roethlisberger does $uck:chuckle:

Nxstang
09-23-2013, 07:54 AM
If you're going to make the move, better do it now. Obviously he and Ben are at a philosophical impasse.
Cut ties or be willing to bench Ben. Yes, I said Bench Ben.

Exactly. This is the time to let Haley go, as the bye week is coming up. Fire him, put someone currently on the staff in his place, let Ben go no huddle more often, and lets see what happens. The O-line is killing us but so is Haley's inept playcalling.

Or, like you said, bench your Franchise QB and put in a career backup or a rookie.

I like option A better.

steelfury02
09-23-2013, 08:42 AM
I didn't read through it all since last night, but, I'm not seeing any comments where Bloodsport is involved regarding Haley.

I'll take that as a sign that some have progressed to the point of seeing where the players are actually responsible for some piss poor performances

therocksteeler
09-23-2013, 11:49 AM
I didn't read through it all since last night, but, I'm not seeing any comments where Bloodsport is involved regarding Haley.

I'll take that as a sign that some have progressed to the point of seeing where the players are actually responsible for some piss poor performances

LL...I do agree with you and do accept that players do need to be held to the fire regarding their play on the field. But looking at the big picture on 4th down you throw a screen pass...really? Play after play this year we have had the OC call in numerous plays that has left us all like ...did that just happen???!!! As I have said the guys may be like the trained animals at the circus tip their hat and take the penny like a good boy. All the while thay realize this is not the coach they want nor our team deserves to have. It now is a question of saving face or taking a stnd for the future for the Steelers Organization.

FanSince72
09-23-2013, 01:50 PM
LL...I do agree with you and do accept that players do need to be held to the fire regarding their play on the field. But looking at the big picture on 4th down you throw a screen pass...really? Play after play this year we have had the OC call in numerous plays that has left us all like ...did that just happen???!!! As I have said the guys may be like the trained animals at the circus tip their hat and take the penny like a good boy. All the while thay realize this is not the coach they want nor our team deserves to have. It now is a question of saving face or taking a stnd for the future for the Steelers Organization.

Thank You!

I remember one series last night where a bubble screen was sent in and I saw Ben walk up to the line, look to his left at his receiver and then at Tillman and some other dude standing about six feet away from him.

He maybe could have checked out and audibled, but I don't think he even cared. He snapped the ball, threw the pass and watched his receiver get smacked down for a three yard loss.

There are no "reads" in such a play and it's more like a handoff -- there's only the one way to run it and he just seemed disgusted and seemed to say, "Fuck it. He wants this stupid play I'll run it".

Many people believe that Ben has lost a step or that his best days are behind him and I think that's bullshit.

Ben is just frustrated and he KNOWS that whatever Haley brings to the table is not going to work and I think he's just tired of fighting about it. He looks more resigned than anything else and that's sad because I think Ben has a lot of miles left in him. Right now he just has no heart for it.

Haley has to go.
It's not working and it never will.

vasteeler
09-23-2013, 02:59 PM

totally agree

with out the turnovers we win this game. granted some of the play calling was questionable. bottom line is the game plan would have worked if not for the turnovers.......ben

steelfury02
09-23-2013, 06:00 PM
All the We Hate Whoever is at OC Crowd - I'll give you the bubble screen. I've even said I haven't been thrilled the first two games but I think you're reading too much into what guys like Ed Bouchette are feeding you

FanSince72
09-23-2013, 10:09 PM
All the We Hate Whoever is at OC Crowd - I'll give you the bubble screen. I've even said I haven't been thrilled the first two games but I think you're reading too much into what guys like Ed Bouchette are feeding you

Not "whoever".

Just Haley.

steelfury02
09-24-2013, 09:03 AM
Not "whoever".

Just Haley.

I have a feeling you'll let us know otherwise :chuckle:

Lokki
09-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Saw this on Facebook earlier.

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/p320x320/1175048_231349167020199_1605158193_n.jpg

Fire Haley
09-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Tomlin might have no other move than to fire Haley

Haley could be the first to go and it will be hard to find anyone in Pittsburgh who would make a strong argument to save him.

Hell yeah!

that's what I'm talkin' about!

bout time the world finally sees it my way, except for the bitter clingers

islandsnow
09-29-2013, 02:14 PM
With a bad offensive line someone please tell Ben that after 3 seconds throw the damn ball away or run with it. What the hell is wrong with the guy. Can't he count? Even cassell makes more decisive decisions. He used to run with the ball more in the past. Is it because of fear of getting injured? Has he ever heard of sliding to avoid a hit? Gosh

Lady Steel
09-29-2013, 03:38 PM
With a bad offensive line someone please tell Ben that after 3 seconds throw the damn ball away or run with it. What the hell is wrong with the guy. Can't he count? Even cassell makes more decisive decisions. He used to run with the ball more in the past. Is it because of fear of getting injured? Has he ever heard of sliding to avoid a hit? Gosh

Your post is in reference to Todd Haley how?

Lady Steel
09-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Benstonium.com

Todd Haley = Yoko Ono

:laughing:

TheWarDen86
09-30-2013, 10:05 AM
Benstonium.com

Todd Haley = Yoko Ono

I'm not on the "fire Haley" bandwagon yet, but that was damn funny. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
10-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Not "whoever".

Just Haley.

Amen brother

therocksteeler
10-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Benstonium.com

Todd Haley = Yoko Ono

If you think that is funny ....

Can someone get this man a Snickers!

STEELERINTX
10-06-2013, 01:51 PM
He has to go! These little dink and dunk passes are not preventing Ben from getting killed. ITS THE O LINE who would've thought. :tt:

Hawaii 5-0
10-08-2013, 02:04 AM
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-FPh9mv_r1eI/UiztYb6p1WI/AAAAAAAANMs/EhShwtK0Uxg/w800-h800/Fire+Todd+Haley.jpg

kan_t
10-13-2013, 02:38 PM
3rd and goal means calling a trick play which has been played once before and has taken the ball out of your QB hand.

Play action works but stops calling it.

Great idea.

Lambert13
10-20-2013, 06:20 PM
WOW, haley where is the PLAY ACTION, Where is the PLAY ACTION, PLEASE can you use some PLAY ACTION??????????? Last week we scored on a BOMB to Sanders from Ben off of PLAY ACTION!!!!!! todd haley, where is the PLAY ACTION, DAMN, use it!!!!!

Steeler32_4Life
10-20-2013, 07:07 PM
RB screen would be nice once in a while. Play action just did not seem to be called in the right situations today nor was it sold very well when it was called. He seemed to not call any of the WR screens in the second half either. Needed to call more quick hitters to loosen up the deep coverage.

Lambert13
10-23-2013, 07:12 PM
Whats up Steeler32, I totally agree with the RB SCREEN also, yes that would be nice! It makes me so mad every week to see all these other teams using the RB SCREEN for BIG gaines and we hardly ever use it. Good point, and like I said, where is the PLAY ACTION also, cmon haley mix it up a little out there!!!!!!!!!!

Lady Steel
10-24-2013, 12:11 PM
https://www.facebook.com/FireToddHaley

:chuckle:

JeromeBetties63
10-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Okay…im in…this guys offense sucks…fire him.

islandsnow
10-27-2013, 05:30 PM
WOW, haley where is the PLAY ACTION, Where is the PLAY ACTION, PLEASE can you use some PLAY ACTION??????????? Last week we scored on a BOMB to Sanders from Ben off of PLAY ACTION!!!!!! todd haley, where is the PLAY ACTION, DAMN, use it!!!!!

I'm not on the "fire Haley" bandwagon yet, but that was damn funny. :chuckle:

Why not?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

IowaSteeler927
10-27-2013, 06:45 PM
I am now firmly on the side of firing Haley... I'm done watching this clown and his putrid, stale, predictable, dink and dunk, overly conservative "offense". How many god damned screen plays are we going to call every game? Why are we running the ball and burning the clock when we're down 21-3 near the end of the third quarter? Why do we wait until the end of the game to go no huddle and star spreading the field? Todd Haley has been living off of his one year wonder season where Kurt Warnwr and Larry Fitz made him look good for far too long. Time to give Haley the boot IMO, enough is enough.

Lady Steel
10-27-2013, 06:48 PM
I am now firmly on the side of firing Haley... I'm done watching this clown and his putrid, stale, predictable, dink and dunk, overly conservative "offense". How many god damned screen plays are we going to call every game? Why are we running the ball and burning the clock when we're down 21-3 near the end of the third quarter? Why do we wait until the end of the game to go no huddle and star spreading the field? Todd Haley has been living off of his one year wonder season where Kurt Warnwr and Larry Fitz made him look good for far too long. Time to give Haley the boot IMO, enough is enough.

Welcome aboard, Iowa. I absolutely cannot stand Haley. I just want to kick him in the beans every time I see him. :mad:

Fire Haley
10-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Okay…im in…this guys offense sucks…fire him.

atta way to go

get the stink of losing off this team

Fire Haley
10-27-2013, 06:56 PM
I am now firmly on the side of firing Haley... I'm done watching this clown and his putrid, stale, predictable, dink and dunk, overly conservative "offense"..

preach it!

Fire Haley
10-27-2013, 06:59 PM
I absolutely cannot stand Haley. I just want to kick him in the beans every time I see him. :mad:

even if he is ball-less, you can give it a try anyway, I approve

Lady Steel
10-27-2013, 06:59 PM
even if he is ball-less, you can give it a try anyway, I approve

Thanks, baby.

swang228
10-27-2013, 09:50 PM
How bout Tomlin too? Clock management, awful drafting, cant develop players, rode Cowhers coat tails to a SB. Fire the whole staff and start over! Except Lebeau, but he probably wants to leave this disgrace of a team anyway!

Fire Haley
10-27-2013, 11:16 PM
How bout Tomlin too? Clock management, awful drafting, cant develop players,

no, sorry, this thread is dedicated to getting Haley fired, like the sign says

can't you read?

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Why not?

I'm leaning towards climbing on board, but are you under the impression that firing Haley would turn our season around? I don't see anything good coming from it in the middle of the season.

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 06:41 AM
all together now...

Haley fucking sucks!

run it up the gut or bubble screen - that's all he knows - he runs a FG offense in a wide open TD passing league

and Brees had 5 TD's in his game without ever once being used as a WR on a stupid 3 yd wildcat run - meanwhile, the Steelers have 4 Td's in 3 games

this team went downhill the minute Haley set foot on this team - the stench of his losing has been the #1 reason for this pathetic offense

Fire Arians!

oh yeah - brilliant move yinzers - the Rooneys deserve the team they got now for listening to those dumbass fans

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 06:51 AM
all together now...

Haley fucking sucks!

run it up the gut or bubble screen - that's all he knows - he runs a FG offense in a wide open TD passing league

and Brees had 5 TD's in his game without ever once being used as a WR on a stupid 3 yd wildcat run - meanwhile, the Steelers have 4 Td's in 3 games

this team went downhill the minute Haley set foot on this team - the stench of his losing has been the #1 reason for this pathetic offense

Fire Arians!

oh yeah - brilliant move yinzers - the Rooneys deserve the team they got now for listening to those dumbass fans

You forgot the new one: two wild cat runs for 5 yards.

You want 3-5 every time? Haley is your guy. :facepalm:

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 07:15 AM
You forgot the new one: two wild cat runs for 5 yards.

You want 3-5 every time? Haley is your guy. :facepalm:

I didn't forget anything -

"without ever once being used as a WR on a stupid 3 yd wildcat run"

Haley's offense has to be the easiest in the league to gameplan against - run it up the gut on 1st and 2nd down - bubble screen on 3rd and 8 - oh no, the Raiders would never think to look for that stupid wildcat move in the tape from the Steelers last game - Haley is a complete fucking moron

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 07:19 AM
I didn't forget anything -

"without ever once being used as a WR on a stupid 3 yd wildcat run"

Haley's offense has to be the easiest in the league to gameplan against - run it up the gut on 1st and 2nd down - bubble screen on 3rd and 8 - oh no, the Raiders would never think to look for that stupid wildcat move in the tape from the Steelers last game - Haley is a complete fucking moron

Well, picking high in each round over a 10 years span (Oakland) as to eventually pay off. Plus, they had two weeks to plan for us. They're a more solid team than we are.

But yea, Haley seems to be out of his element as an NFL OC.

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 08:44 AM
Haley seems to be out of his element as an NFL OC.

I told you last week we are OK when we are facing a weak team willing to play a FG game

The din&dunk is a dinosaur offense from the 90's - this is a passing league now and he's clueless

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 08:59 AM
I told you last week we are OK when we are facing a weak team willing to play a FG game

The din&dunk is a dinosaur offense from the 90's - this is a passing league now and he's clueless

I still see the need to run the ball and still want to see the run. In fairness (deserved or not), We were inept on offense most of the game, but we didn't have to give up 21, somewhat easy, points either.

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Quit trying to change the subject with more alibi's

Here's the bottom line:

We were 12-4 when Arians was fired - now we're 2-5 and I demand Haley's head on a stick!

We know the Rooney's listen to the fans - it worked for Fire Arians!

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Quit trying to change the subject

Here's the bottom line:

We were 12-4 when Arians was fired - now we're 2-5 and I demand Haley's head on a stick!

We know the Rooney's listen to the fans - it worked for Fire Arians!

You're the one trying to change the subject and save face for looking like a fool.

also...

FACT: ARIANS WASN'T FIRED.

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 09:51 AM
hahahaha

who the fuck cares about your little pissing match

now back to the thread...

Fire Haley!

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 10:01 AM
hahahaha

who the fuck cares about your little pissing match

now back to the thread...

Fire Haley!

The very definition of "sour grapes." thank you.

You're the one throwing a hissy fit over looking like an jackass. I'm merely throwing more fuel on your little fire.

I'm also amusing myself at your expense. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 10:02 AM
ha ha - OK you win the whatever prize

I believe the Fire Arians! crowd is too ashamed to admit they were wrong and have nothing but alibi's left now

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 10:07 AM
ha ha - OK you win the whatever prize

I believe the Fire Arians! crowd is too ashamed to admit they were wrong and have nothing but alibi's left now

Anyway, you're logic is a flawed. Just because the man replacing Arians sucks, doesn't mean those who hated Arians are wrong. They wanted to give our QB a running game, the Steelers just chose the wrong guy (seemingly).

You're not as smart as you think you are. You think you can make judgments on too little information and rely on fallacy for you logical reasoning. You may fool the kids in your neighborhood, but you don't fool me.

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 10:15 AM
whatever Spock

ha ha

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 10:18 AM
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t134/CaptainMnemo/ChallengeSeries/SmartBadAssSpock.jpg

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 10:20 AM
anybody that has to post a little ghey pic for a response has already lost the game

it's a sign of the weak

Like Haley's weak, sloppy, confused, malfunctioning offense that has scored fewer points this year than almost every team in the league but the worst of the worst like the Bucs and Jags

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 10:25 AM
anybody that has to post a little ghey pic for a response has already lost the game

it's a sign of the weak

A what?

A sign of a wimp, to me, is someone running their man-pleaser about "I'm here to school the poorly informed" while being ignorant of the facts themselves.

I was going to respond with "I'll use smaller words for you in the future" but decided not to beat you up any further. Now I regret that. It won't happen again, don't worry. :coffee:

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 11:56 AM
are you gonna follow me around on every thread like my little bitch dog?

I'll have to find a name a for you in that case

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 12:02 PM
are you gonna follow me around on every thread like my little bitch dog?

I'll have to find a name a for you in that case

If anyone's the bitch here today, it's you. And I've already given you a name, "Precious."

Fire Haley
10-28-2013, 12:11 PM
whatever, Polly Pissy Pants

TheWarDen86
10-28-2013, 12:12 PM
Meh, polly pissy pants, meh.

Rowghani1981
10-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Hey guys this is my first post and I can't begin to express how frustrated I was watching the game yesterday. Some thoughts:

1) I completely 100 % agree with the firing of Hayley . Ben was 100 % right when he called this a dink and dunk system. I remember at one point I couldn't remember the last time ben threw it for 10+ yards. Everything seemed to be run, wide out screen and other short passes. We truly have one of the best qbs in the league and we are not using one bit of his strengths. Near the end when he had to throw we actually ended up scoring a touchdown. Why couldn't we do that earlier Todd? And that wildcat is absolutely useless. The one drive that we chewed up 9 min off the clock was priceless. You're down 21-3 so ya let's chew up the clock and come away with nothing. Absolutely brutal.

2) wow is our OL absolutely dismal. Yes lots of injuries but still, that is by far and away our Achilles heel. I'd love to see what Payton would do with our line. Limp off the field probably. I was watching the packers game and I couldn't believe how much time rogers had or the huge holes that we're being opened for lacy. Adams and Gilbert just aren't going to cut it. Every time Adams is on I cringe. We need to do something about this in the offseason.

3) I have always defended Colbert when it comes to the draft but either he's lost it or Tomlins influence is the cause but either way , not counting last years draft which luckily is showing signs of promise although Jarvis come on you gotta pick it up soon, our evaluation of talent has been dismal. Forget the fact that we could have had ray rice instead of mendenhall or Sean lee instead of Jason worlds, it's the fact that most of our high picks have contributed insignificantly:Gilbert, Adams, worlds, mendenhall, sweed, hood etc etc . Thank god Hayward and decastro are starting to play better. Anyways I think its time to move on from both Tomlin and Haley. Get a coach who's got a better eye for talent and a coordinator who will use Ben like Aryans did.

Ok enough of my rant . Happy Monday to all.

IowaSteeler927
10-29-2013, 12:22 AM
I will say I despised Bruce Arians at the end of his tenure with this team but at least he took risks here and there. Todd Haley is so damned fixated on this dink and dunk garbage that it's literally hurting our offensive production. The offensive line play surely doesn't help our situation either but we have GOT to throw the ball down the field more.

Kleeberg
10-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Haley shouldn't have a job in the NFL at all. He would barely fit in at the NCAA level.

TheWarDen86
10-29-2013, 07:36 AM
Haley shouldn't have a job in the NFL at all. He would barely fit in at the NCAA level.

Tough to argue.

I know it's hindsight, but we should have been slinging it, not matter what, in an effort to make up some ground earlier in the game. Yea, Ben may have thrown a pick and probably taken another sack or two, but if it resulted in even one more TD EARLIER in the game, it would have been worth it.

For me, the straw that broke the camels back was the consecutive wild cat runs that resulted in 5 yards.

IowaSteeler927
10-29-2013, 09:17 AM

Can't say that I don't agree. I tried to think of an argument why he's better than college coaches and realized there really isn't much of an argument to be made.

TheWarDen86
10-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Can't say that I don't agree. I tried to think of an argument why he's better than college coaches and realized there really isn't much of an argument to be made.

Same here. Each game offers more proof that he's not "it."

Scratching my head as to how he's managed to be an OC and even an HC in the NFL.

I'm sure he's good at coaching something, but what that is escapes me.

Too bad too; I wanted his return to Pittsburgh to be successful.

Fire Haley
10-29-2013, 09:55 AM
Hey guys this is my first post and I can't begin to express how frustrated I was watching the game

1) I completely 100 % agree with the firing of Hayley . Ben was 100 % right when he called this a dink and dunk system. I remember at one point I couldn't remember the last time ben threw it for 10+ yards. Everything seemed to be run, wide out screen and other short passes. We truly have one of the best qbs in the league and we are not using one bit of his strengths. Near the end when he had to throw we actually ended up scoring a touchdown. Why couldn't we do that earlier Todd? And that wildcat is absolutely useless. The one drive that we chewed up 9 min off the clock was priceless. You're down 21-3 so ya let's chew up the clock and come away with nothing. Absolutely brutal..

very nice first post

I approve:drink:

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2013, 10:01 AM
I will say I despised Bruce Arians at the end of his tenure with this team but at least he took risks here and there. Todd Haley is so damned fixated on this dink and dunk garbage that it's literally hurting our offensive production. The offensive line play surely doesn't help our situation either but we have GOT to throw the ball down the field more.

The Steelers do throw the deep pass down the sidelines to start every game but after that is missed give it up

When I was at the Ravens game last week I noticed what another poster (OX?) saw at the Oakland game - the Steelers WRs do not get separation - Haley would throw it deep with Wallace last year and Arians had both Wallace & Holmes

Given the woeful OL maybe throwing the deep ball is not feasible

IowaSteeler927
10-29-2013, 10:06 AM
The Steelers do throw the deep pass down the sidelines to start every game but after that is missed give it up

When I was at the Ravens game last week I noticed what another poster (OX?) saw at the Oakland game - the Steelers WRs do not get separation - Haley would throw it deep with Wallace last year and Arians had both Wallace & Holmes

Perhaps but sometimes you've got to just throw it up and see if your receiver can make a play. Antonio Brown is supposed to be our #1. I'd like to see him get more chances to make a play.

TheWarDen86
10-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Ben does have tendency to over throw deep/open WR's.

Though he liked to underthrow Nate and Wallace.

Atlanta Dan
10-29-2013, 10:09 AM
It appears Ed.B. of the P-G thinks some coaches (Haley and the OL coach who was brought in to install the zone blocking system that is rarely used?) could be in danger

It’s possible some assistants will go but anyone looking for them to fire Tomlin and/or Colbert has no idea about the Steelers history or how they operate.

http://sportsblogs.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers-steelers-blog/2013/10/29/No-They-Are-Not-Going-to-Fire-Them-All/stories/201310290001

Rowghani1981
10-29-2013, 07:19 PM
very nice first post

I approve:drink:

Thanks. I wish the Rooneys would approve ;)

Rowghani1981
10-29-2013, 07:25 PM

It's not about throwing the deep ball. It's about not using bens strengths from so many wide out screens and dink and dunk plays. When we opened it up at the end of the game He seemed to do fine and we got that touchdown. Also from what I've seen brown does a pretty darn good job of separation but ya I'm totally with you on that the o-line is making the passing game impossible. You think we could have fixed it by using 2 second rounders and 2 first rounders....but clearly not!

Fire Haley
10-29-2013, 11:09 PM
Thanks. I wish the Rooneys would approve ;)

we just have to keep up the pressure

sing it!

Fire Haley!

Fire Haley
10-30-2013, 09:23 AM
It appears Ed.B. of the P-G thinks some coaches (Haley and the OL coach who was brought in to install the zone blocking system that is rarely used?) could be in danger

It’s possible some assistants will go

Eddy always toes the company line so he might be on to something...

so, in no particular coaching order:

Haley!

OL

S.T.

I approve

TheWarDen86
10-30-2013, 09:25 AM
Eddy always toes the company line so he might be on to something...

so, in no particular coaching order:

Haley!

OL

S.T.

I approve

I think OL may warrant another chance (Injuries and he doesn't call the plays). But, by-all-means, can the other two. :chuckle:

Fire Haley
10-30-2013, 09:39 AM
I think OL may warrant another chance (Injuries and he doesn't call the plays). But, by-all-means, can the other two. :chuckle:

I only including the OL coach because he must have had input at some time on the development of our top draft pick OT's who have looked totally clueless in how to play their positions.

TheWarDen86
10-30-2013, 09:57 AM
I only including the OL coach because he must have had input at some time on the development of our top draft pick OT's who have looked totally clueless in how to play their positions.

You're right. Can his ass too.

Dillinger-63
11-03-2013, 04:12 PM
Got my vote to to FIRE him, and if Tomlin does not make some changes, he needs to go too. Is Ken Wisenhunt still unemployed?

woofermazing
11-03-2013, 04:23 PM
Just when I think he can't be any more stupid, he has to go and call another play!

FightFan27
11-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Over 600 yards of offense and over 50 points for the Pats over 500 yards of offense for the Steelers and 31 points . . The one that has to go is TOMLIN but they'll probably give him an extension and of course keep good OLD Dick Leblow around . But its all on Haley .

islandsnow
11-03-2013, 09:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing. The offense sucks but the defense sucjs more. Where the hell is thst #1 D for all these years?

synchxts
11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I think trying to put all of our issues on Haley is not an option anymore. There is blame enough to go around. We scored 31 and lost. That's not Steeler football. What you are seeing is a team of players who are so unprepared and so undisciplined. This is on the entire coaching staff and I think they all need to go. Tomlin will be the last to go because I believe the Rooneys do not want to be thought of as hypocrites. They are going to stick with Tomlin way longer than any other organization would and the team is going to suffer for it.

SteelersCanada
11-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Over 600 yards of offense and over 50 points for the Pats over 500 yards of offense for the Steelers and 31 points . . The one that has to go is TOMLIN but they'll probably give him an extension and of course keep good OLD Dick Leblow around . But its all on Haley .

So the Steelers got a ton of points and yards as they were playing from behind the entire game, and you're on board with Haley? Really?

Todd is treating Ben like he's Matt fucking Cassel. What's your excuse for Todd not pulling DeCastro nearly enough? What's the excuse for the lack of an outside zone run attack, all the while knowing (and provable with statistics, mind you) that it's the only time when this team can run the ball. What's your excuse for not being able to put points up again this year against a terrible Oakland defense, a team that just gave 7 TDs to Nick Foles.

I'd love to hear this rationalized.

FanSince72
11-04-2013, 02:42 PM
Todd is treating Ben like he's Matt fucking Cassel.

Exactly!

Ben is NOT a pocket-passer or game-manager.
He's a creative and improvisational player who does his best work when he's allowed to be himself and that's not happening with this"dink and dunk" shit we're doing now.

Ben is happiest when he's trying to thread some impossible needle or going deep across the middle to Miller or Brown on a seam route and when the protection breaks down (which is virtually a play-by-play guarantee these days), he becomes a different person as he moves out of the pocket and into his element.

It may seem weird to some, but I firmly believe that Ben actually PREFERS the chaos. I think it focuses him, he thinks better and he tends to be far more accurate.

Ben may be friendlier with Haley of late and he may even be seriously trying to buy into some of whatever Haley is selling, but he's not happy. I know he'd rather not be getting hit so much (which was supposed to be the whole idea behind Haley's so-called plan in the first place) but since he is getting hit (possibly even more so than before) if you asked him I think he'd say that he'd rather get hit doing his Fran Tarkenton thing than just standing in the middle of a collapsing pocket.

Ben needs to play the way he's comfortable playing and Haley isn't allowing that to happen.

troypolamalu43
11-07-2013, 10:56 PM
Hoping he gets fired ASAP.

Hawaii 5-0
11-07-2013, 11:33 PM
http://mrice.fatcow.com/Steelers/Fired2.jpg

Blacksburg Zach
11-08-2013, 07:26 PM
http://i.imgflip.com/3xvkv.jpg

Blacksburg Zach
11-08-2013, 07:29 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/03/0e/cd/030ecd0f1da9fd2698f4a11a75e1062e.jpg

Marto.Argentina
11-09-2013, 07:15 PM
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/581230_245826135572502_455937739_n.jpg

steelersfan299
11-10-2013, 09:30 AM
WTF now Ben's leaving the Steelers even though he's "unhappy with the team's direction" and not Todd Haley, which is a load of BS

pczach
11-10-2013, 02:53 PM
http://uglyfours.com/storage/THECHIEFSSENTTODDHALEYPACKING.png?__SQUARESPACE_CA CHEVERSION=1323941944551

Hawaii 5-0
11-10-2013, 05:01 PM
http://uglyfours.com/storage/THECHIEFSSENTTODDHALEYPACKING.png?__SQUARESPACE_CA CHEVERSION=1323941944551

:rofl: :sofunny: :chuckle:

BigBen69
11-10-2013, 07:36 PM
hoping he gets fired asap

dudes a plague in pittsburgh, waste of life, sucks at play calling, anyone that has played madden nfl can call better plays than him, not even kidding.

his offense doesn't even fit with his personal

its for a offense with a dork, C or D class , QB. not a leader n play maker like BEN

and lol at the o-line coach, who the hell has been drafting theses bums and coaching them all theses years, the whole line expect for pouncey should be replaced anyone with some NFL EXP is probably better than anyone expect the center

harrison'samonster
11-10-2013, 07:42 PM
and lol at the o-line coach, who the hell has been drafting theses bums and coaching them all theses years, the whole line expect for pouncey should be replaced anyone with some NFL EXP is probably better than anyone expect the center

actually, I think we'll be fine without Pouncey

Hawaii 5-0
11-10-2013, 11:09 PM
http://thatschurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/steelerscamp7.jpg

Blacksburg Zach
11-13-2013, 12:22 PM
http://i.imgflip.com/3xvni.jpg

Blacksburg Zach
11-13-2013, 12:24 PM
http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-fire-todd-haley-1.png

LVSteelersfan
11-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Fire Todd. Hire Hines. FIXED. :tt02:

http://i.imgflip.com/3xvni.jpg

Hawaii 5-0
11-15-2013, 11:22 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers News: Todd Haley Could be Fired This Weekend

Nov 14, 2013 By ChatSports NFL

While the Pittsburgh Steelers brass threw their support behind head coach Mike Tomlin on Thursday, the same can’t be said for embattled offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

Haley has been the target of much criticism so far this season, and Pittsburgh has only reached 30 points in one game so far this year – a 55-31 mauling at the hands of the New England Patriots. Ben Roethlisberger has voiced his displeasure when it comes to Pittsburgh’s options on offense, and while Roethlisberger will not request a trade, as had been reported by NFL.com earlier this week, he’s growing more and more frustrated with Haley by the day.

Everything we’ve heard out of Pittsburgh indicates that Haley will be coaching for his job this weekend against the Detroit Lions – if the Steelers come out flat and don’t put points on the board, he could be out of a job come Monday morning. Even if Pittsburgh manages to put on a solid offensive showing against Detroit, the next two games – AFC North matchups against the Browns and the Ravens – are even more important for Haley. If Pittsburgh doesn’t win at least two of their next three games, we’re confident that Haley will be shown the door.

http://www.chatsports.com/pittsburgh-steelers/a/Pittsburgh-Steelers-News-Todd-Haley-Could-be-Fired-This-Weekend-10-106-490

Lady Steel
11-17-2013, 11:31 AM
I think Ian Rappaport should dig deeper into the Todd and Chrissy Haley swingin' drama :chuckle:

islandsnow
11-17-2013, 02:41 PM
As much as haley needing to go, the defense sucks just as bad as the offense.

Updated: ok at least the D adjusted in the 2nd half

BigBen69
11-17-2013, 06:25 PM
As much as haley needing to go, the defense sucks just as bad as the offense.

Updated: ok at least the D adjusted in the 2nd half

nah last week he shook the bills young qb up, this week they had injuries and come on, ike taylor against megatron thats was just asking for trouble

Lady Steel
11-18-2013, 06:10 PM
Daily Todd Haley hateness. :chuckle:

steelfury02
11-21-2013, 03:50 PM
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18j4mjpjq2rsfjpg/ku-medium.jpg

TXSTEELER
11-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Looked like the guy grabn brown outside the 5 yds on that one

FanSince72
11-25-2013, 10:50 AM
No comment about Haley.

But has anyone noticed who's 7-4 right now and possibly headed for his 7th - straight winning season?

Just sayin'... :sofunny:

Lady Steel
11-29-2013, 10:49 AM
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2817/10061199763_b4ac8e7295_o.jpg

FanSince72
11-29-2013, 12:56 PM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/toddhaleysoffense_zps490de7d2.jpg

FireTomlinNow
12-04-2013, 06:52 PM
stickied :chuckle:

Why is this stickied, but a fire mike tomlin post is locked?

Racist much?

harrison'samonster
12-04-2013, 06:57 PM

Racist much?

You gonna start trolling thread to thread bitching at the mods for closing your little thread. Oh poor you.

Bayz101
12-04-2013, 06:58 PM

Racist much?

Because one is debatable and the other is absurd. Are you aware that the Rooney's are very disappointed, not in Tomlin, but in the league offices for issuing this punishment? Tomlin isn't going anywhere. Not now, not next year. Or the next year. Or the next year. :chuckle:

Bayz101
12-04-2013, 06:58 PM

Racist much?

I see you are from Orlando. Are you wearing a Tannehill jersey by chance? :wink02:

harrison'samonster
12-04-2013, 07:00 PM
I see you are from Orlando. Are you wearing a Tannehill jersey by chance? :wink02:

He's probably pissed at the Steelers for selling Wallace over the last few years as a #1 receiver.

FireTomlinNow
12-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Get rid of that ******.

Bayz101
12-04-2013, 07:07 PM
Alright, our filter only filters a few words, and they are bad. The fact that you were just filtered suggests you need to take a hike! Don't bother signing up again as i'll just ban you from ever seeing the website again.

harrison'samonster
12-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Alright, our filter only filters a few words, and they are bad. The fact that you were just filtered suggests you need to take a hike! Don't bother signing up again as i'll just ban you from ever seeing the website again.

the funny thing is a couple of posts ago he called somebody else a racist.

Next time people say there aren't Tomlin haters that are racist, remember this joker.

Bayz101
12-04-2013, 07:16 PM
the funny thing is a couple of posts ago he called somebody else a racist.

Next time people say there aren't Tomlin haters that are racist, remember this joker.

Yeah, and according to the VB filter log, the word he used was very racist, indeed. People like that have no place not only on a forum, but on this planet.

FanSince72
12-04-2013, 08:44 PM

**sigh**

Certain people sometimes make it difficult to believe that this is actually the 21st Century.

islandsnow
12-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Its more a problem with the defense now rather than the offense and haley. I still don't like the guy though

VictoryFormation
12-08-2013, 11:16 PM
At then beginning of the preseason, exhibition games, it was apparent that the problems with the Todd Haley offense had carried over into the new season, and the problems continue. If they keep Todd Haley on after this season, it would be insane.

WVABE
12-09-2013, 03:52 PM
I highly doubt Haley will be here next season.

Bayz101
12-09-2013, 03:56 PM
The offense hasn't been the problem for a while now. Defense has had a hard time doing much of anything, really.

Hawaii 5-0
12-09-2013, 05:32 PM
by Dale Lolley

@ If there was one braintrust decision I do have to question, it was the lack of use of Le'Veon Bell after the first quarter. Bell had eight carries for 32 yards on Pittsburgh's first touchdown drive.

He got seven carries after that. In fact, the Steelers ran the ball nine times on that first touchdown drive, but just 12 more times after that. And one of those was an 8-yard run by Ben Roethlisberger on fourth-and-10.

Before you start killing Todd Haley on that, realize that the Steelers were running a lot of no-huddle in the second half, which means Roethlisberger was making many of those calls.

Bell looks like a younger version of Matt Forte and it should be the goal to get him 25 touches every game, with 20 or so carries and five or so receptions.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/12/post-miami-thoughts.html

FanSince72
12-09-2013, 06:46 PM
Anyone notice who's team is 8-5?

Jus' sayin'...

Cyphon
12-09-2013, 07:11 PM
by Dale Lolley

@ If there was one braintrust decision I do have to question, it was the lack of use of Le'Veon Bell after the first quarter. Bell had eight carries for 32 yards on Pittsburgh's first touchdown drive.

He got seven carries after that. In fact, the Steelers ran the ball nine times on that first touchdown drive, but just 12 more times after that. And one of those was an 8-yard run by Ben Roethlisberger on fourth-and-10.

Before you start killing Todd Haley on that, realize that the Steelers were running a lot of no-huddle in the second half, which means Roethlisberger was making many of those calls.

Bell looks like a younger version of Matt Forte and it should be the goal to get him 25 touches every game, with 20 or so carries and five or so receptions.

http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/2013/12/post-miami-thoughts.html

Interesting article but the problem wasn't the 2nd half, it was the 2nd quarter. 1 Bell run the entire quarter compared to 2 from Jones and 2 from Dwyer. The hell were they thinking?

Hawaii 5-0
12-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Anyone notice who's team is 8-5?

Jus' sayin'...

with Carson Palmer at QB and Rashard Mendenhall as their starting RB...

Hawaii 5-0
12-12-2013, 12:41 AM
ROBINSON: Roethlisberger defends Haley — again

December 10, 2013
By Alan Robinson

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2013/12/benhaley-300x225.jpg

Ben Roethlisberger is going from offense to defense – yet again, he is defending Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

Following the 34-28 loss Sunday to the Dolphins, Roethlisberger was asked why Le’Veon Bell was used sparingly as a running back in the second half. Bell touched the ball an equal amount of times in each half, but his primary role past halftime was as a receiver.

Roethlisberger responded by saying, “No idea. Coach Haley’s over there. You can ask him.”

The comments were like several made previously by the quarterback following games this season, and were interpreted by some as him being critical of the play-calling.

But Roethlisberger strongly denied that during his weekly 93.7 FM radio show Tuesday, saying he and the coordinator have an excellent relationship in an offense that he said is working. The Steelers are No. 16 in the league offensively.

“It was taken way out of context. There is absolutely no issue between coach
Haley and I,” Roethlisberger said on the radio show. “I love where this offense is right now.”

He added, “No way, shape or form was it directed negatively at him. I think the offense is as good as it’s been in a long time. We’ve got guys doing some great things. I genuinely am enjoying this offense and what coach Haley is doing with it and where we’re going. We’re getting better every week, and I think we can keep getting better.”

Roethlisberger said he made the remarks because Haley was calling the plays, except when he was doing so in the no-huddle formation.

“He’s our coordinator, if you want to ask questions about play calling, go ask him about it,” Roethlisberger said, explaining his post-game remarks. “He’s the guy that calls the plays. If you want to ask me about the no-huddle and I’m calling them, then you can ask me.’”

Despite the Steelers’ 5-8 record, Roethlisberger is on pace for one of the best seasons of his career statistically. He is 320 of 500 for 3,724 yards, 24 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, and he has a 94.1 passer rating.

He is on pace to easily surpass his previous career high of 513 passes in 2011.

Roethlisberger’s 320 completions through 13 games are 44 more than he has had in any previous season. And his 3,724 yards are nearly 200 more than he has had in a season to date; his owns the team record of 4,328 yards in 2009.

Antonio Brown also could set some team single-season receiving records. He already has 90 catches; Hines Ward and Brown are the only receivers in team history to make that many catches.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/12/10/robinson-roethlisberger-defends-haley-again/#ixzz2nEiy5dxr

FanSince72
12-12-2013, 08:01 AM
ROBINSON: Roethlisberger defends Haley — again

December 10, 2013
By Alan Robinson

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2013/12/benhaley-300x225.jpg

Ben Roethlisberger is going from offense to defense – yet again, he is defending Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

Following the 34-28 loss Sunday to the Dolphins, Roethlisberger was asked why Le’Veon Bell was used sparingly as a running back in the second half. Bell touched the ball an equal amount of times in each half, but his primary role past halftime was as a receiver.

Roethlisberger responded by saying, “No idea. Coach Haley’s over there. You can ask him.”

The comments were like several made previously by the quarterback following games this season, and were interpreted by some as him being critical of the play-calling.

But Roethlisberger strongly denied that during his weekly 93.7 FM radio show Tuesday, saying he and the coordinator have an excellent relationship in an offense that he said is working. The Steelers are No. 16 in the league offensively.

“It was taken way out of context. There is absolutely no issue between coach
Haley and I,” Roethlisberger said on the radio show. “I love where this offense is right now.”

He added, “No way, shape or form was it directed negatively at him. I think the offense is as good as it’s been in a long time. We’ve got guys doing some great things. I genuinely am enjoying this offense and what coach Haley is doing with it and where we’re going. We’re getting better every week, and I think we can keep getting better.”

Roethlisberger said he made the remarks because Haley was calling the plays, except when he was doing so in the no-huddle formation.

“He’s our coordinator, if you want to ask questions about play calling, go ask him about it,” Roethlisberger said, explaining his post-game remarks. “He’s the guy that calls the plays. If you want to ask me about the no-huddle and I’m calling them, then you can ask me.’”

Despite the Steelers’ 5-8 record, Roethlisberger is on pace for one of the best seasons of his career statistically. He is 320 of 500 for 3,724 yards, 24 touchdowns and 10 interceptions, and he has a 94.1 passer rating.

He is on pace to easily surpass his previous career high of 513 passes in 2011.

Roethlisberger’s 320 completions through 13 games are 44 more than he has had in any previous season. And his 3,724 yards are nearly 200 more than he has had in a season to date; his owns the team record of 4,328 yards in 2009.

Antonio Brown also could set some team single-season receiving records. He already has 90 catches; Hines Ward and Brown are the only receivers in team history to make that many catches.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/12/10/robinson-roethlisberger-defends-haley-again/#ixzz2nEiy5dxr

You gotta love a passive/aggressive personality because without it, it would be tough to keep a controversy going. :applaudit:

Hawaii 5-0
12-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Haley hitting stride in 2nd season as Steelers assistant

By Alan Robinson
Published: Saturday, Dec. 21, 2013

Steelers' offensive turnaround:

Games 1-7 Games 8-14

Points per game 17.85 28.0

Passing yards per game 253.4 268.4

Sacks 27 14

Interceptions 7 4

Turnovers 14 6

Rushing yards per game 68.7 90.1

Ben Roethlisberger and Todd Haley went to dinner last week at The Capital Grille along with the other Steelers quarterbacks. The meal was much-praised, the atmosphere relaxed and cordial. Coach Mike Tomlin anted up for a bottle of wine.

Afterward, player and coach talked about how enjoyable the evening was. So much for the theory NFL Network floated that Roethlisberger is so disgusted with Haley and the offense that he might ask to be traded during the offseason.

As his party left the Downtown restaurant, Haley found himself wondering, “Why can't we have paparazzi that follows us, so they could actually find out the truth?”

Truth is, as Haley winds down his second season as offensive coordinator in his hometown, the offense finally is growing into what he envisioned. Even if the Steelers (6-8) aren't winning as much as he expected.

Roethlisberger is breaking many of his single-season franchise passing records and is poised to play a full 16-game season for only the second time in his 10-season career. He hasn't had a better season statistically, and he's doing it under Haley — not his longtime boss and close friend Bruce Arians.

“Everybody talks that they don't get along, but when you sit and visit with them, they do seem like they're OK,” said former Baltimore Ravens coach Brian Billick, a Fox and NFL Network analyst.

Roethlisberger said they're more than OK. There was the customary adjustment period last season as coach got to know player and vice versa, but the quarterback said they are developing excellent chemistry.

“We're more than fine,” he said. “We have a great relationship.”

Just like the one Roethlisberger has with Antonio Brown, who is third in the NFL with 95 catches and could break a 16-year-old club single-season receiving yardage record as early as Sunday in Green Bay. Brown likes how the Haley offense is designed to get him the ball in the open field, often in single coverage.

Rookie Le'Veon Bell is developing into the best dual-purpose running back the Steelers have had in years. Offensive line coach Jack Bicknell is patching together an injury-thinned unit every week, yet Roethlisberger has been sacked only five times in five games.

And an offense that couldn't seem to get out of its way while making a sea of mistakes during an 0-4 start has only three turnovers in five games and is averaging 28 points since midseason.

“The offense is good right now,” said Brian Baldinger, a former NFL lineman and an NFL Network analyst.

“The points have gone up. I think production has gone up,” Roethlisberger said. “I think the mistakes have really come down. I think guys enjoy doing it.”

It's a big change since September, when Haley was dealing not only with a balky offense but also two consumer-related lawsuits filed against him and wife Christine.

About then, the former Kansas City Chiefs coach might have found himself wondering what he got into by returning home to work. But he never did.

“I love it. I love it. I love it,” Haley said of Pittsburgh. “Everybody (in the family) loves it. It's a great place to live, a great place to raise kids.”

Haley is raising five of them of varying ages in Upper St. Clair, and it seems as if no matter how late he gets home from his South Side office, there is at least one child waiting to greet him and discuss the day's affairs.

Unlike in September, there is much good to discuss. Except for those lawsuits — one over a house the Haleys were renting, another over a dog-care service. Because the cases are being resolved, Haley could not comment specifically about them. But it's obvious he believes he and his wife were represented badly when a home builder accused them of yanking appliances from the home.

“I'd like to see how many people are in legal situations that are no fault of their own,” he said.

He prefers to talk about how the offense is progressing on an almost weekly basis.

“We've been playing at a pretty high level,” Haley said.

Including the quarterback, around whom all things revolve. Roethlisberger is enjoying frequent chances to the run no-huddle offense he prefers, mostly because he gets to call his own plays. He also is getting rid of the ball more quickly than he did under Arians, which is translating into fewer sacks. Yet he still gets to throw downfield more.

“Before with Ben, it was run around and make plays outside the structure of the offense, and everything's good. But it's hard to do it that way,” Billick said. “There is more orchestration with this. ... As he gets into the later part of his career, I take him at his word that this is something he applauds.”

It seems to be everything team president Art Rooney II and Tomlin supposedly wanted when they brought in Haley, the son of former Steelers player personnel chief Dick Haley. Namely, they wanted to keep Roethlisberger upright and healthy and build a better-balanced offense with more emphasis on the running game.

But, according to Haley, there wasn't such a mandate.

“Mike and I never had that discussion,” Haley said. “We never had that specific conversation. But Coach has a clear picture of what he wants. ... He's a great head coach, a great boss, and he just wants to score enough points to win.

“We all know to do that, you've got to have a quarterback who can play like Ben. And we're better with him on the field than not on the field. So that clearly was something that Ben had to evolve to. He's doing a terrific job.”

Haley never gave any sign of being bothered by the early season fan unrest over the play-calling, turnovers and lack of scoring.

“(My father) always said that if you listen to outside forces, you're liable to do something you wouldn't normally have done out of your own hard work,” Haley said. “And I've never coached worrying about being fired.”

Given the offense's progress, there appears to be little chance Haley will be fired and a third offensive coordinator in four years is brought in. Especially given how Roethlisberger appears to be buying in.

“That's the last thing I want,” Roethlisberger said.

It's the last thing Haley wants, too. Finally, to him, he has found home — and he went back home to do it.

“I'd like to stay here for as long as I can,” Haley said. “As long as they'll have me.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5264299-74/haley-offense-roethlisberger#ixzz2oN3TASGZ

FrancoLambert
12-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Things aren't as rosy as this article implies.

I heard that Ben and Haley got into a shouting match over who was going to leave the tip and take home the leftovers.

FanSince72
12-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Things aren't as rosy as this article implies.

I heard that Ben and Haley got into a shouting match over who was going to leave the tip and take home the leftovers.

Yeah but the REAL fight started later in Haley's office when Ben noticed the dartboard with his picture on it.

teegre
12-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Yeah but the REAL fight started later in Haley's office when Ben noticed the dartboard with his picture on it.

Yeah... but, Ben pulled out his phone & showed Todd a picture that had been sent to him by Mrs. Haley herself. Todd replied, "Oh... so you're from the chat room... HelmetlessMan07" ...and the two of them hugged it out.

FanSince72
12-24-2013, 08:16 AM
Yeah... but, Ben pulled out his phone & showed Todd a picture that had been sent to him by Mrs. Haley herself. Todd replied, "Oh... so you're from the chat room... HelmetlessMan07" ...and the two of them hugged it out.

:rofl:

Goldsteel86
12-24-2013, 08:56 AM
I would like to see the same or pretty close to the same personnel back next year, Ben healthy again as well as Bell and see what Haley could do with this offense. We all know that Sanders is probably gone, not that he has done tremendous things this year, but I would also like to see if Plax may have just a little in the tank left. I say one more year for Haley, if he disappoints then there needs to be an end to his era.

FanSince72
12-24-2013, 09:43 AM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/benandtodd_zps7f6c48d6.jpg

Goldsteel86
12-24-2013, 11:00 AM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/benandtodd_zps7f6c48d6.jpg

I didn't see WR Bubble Screen in the play selection?????

Millers the sh!t
12-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Thats a fucking hilarious photo

IowaSteeler927
12-25-2013, 03:06 AM
I didn't see WR Bubble Screen in the play selection?????

Is it just me or does bearded Bruce Arians kind of look like Bearded Iowa State Football Coach Paul Rhoads in that photo?