PDA

View Full Version : Fire Todd Haley!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Ricco Suavez
02-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Just thought this would eliminate starting a thread after the first week of next year.:rofl:

Fire Arians
02-06-2012, 08:10 PM
stickied :chuckle:

stb_steeler
02-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Hopefully not needed.......:wink02:

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Before the guy is even officially confirmed as our Coordinator, he's already got a bounty :doh:

Welcome to Pittsburgh!

:chuckle:

Fire Arians
02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Hopefully not needed.......:wink02:

i don't think it will, just having fun with it now lol :chuckle:

zcoop
02-06-2012, 08:13 PM
i don't think it will, just having fun with it now lol :chuckle:

Y'all crazy as He!! :chuckle:

MACH1
02-06-2012, 08:14 PM
Almost thought I was at StfU.

Heads are melting. :chuckle:

6RingsAndCounting
02-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Just score in the redzone and he won't have to worry about being fired

stb_steeler
02-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Careful Ben, this guy Bites!!! :chuckle:
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af43/SASgifs/vfz8eb.gif

AgentGold007
02-07-2012, 12:52 AM
All systems are go! http://www.digitalbusstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Wile-E-Coyote.jpg

Wallace108
02-07-2012, 12:57 AM
Careful Ben, this guy Bites!!! :chuckle:
http://i992.photobucket.com/albums/af43/SASgifs/vfz8eb.gif

I'm pretty sure he's saying "What the Fichtner." The "ner" just got cut off. :wink02:

tony hipchest
02-07-2012, 01:19 AM

speaking of stickied...

Almost thought I was at StfU.

Heads are melting. :chuckle:

and SUck-

http://picchore.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

:sofunny:

contrary to arians' lovers, aunts, and uncles popular belief, i think haley will have to work twice as hard as arians did (which means putting in a full day at the office) to **** this gig up, and draw the ire of the "Nation" in the 1st year.

ricardisimo
02-07-2012, 01:23 AM
Now all we have to do is change your user name.

Wallace108
02-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Now all we have to do is change your user name.

Rehire Arians? :noidea:

MACH1
02-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Rehire Arians? :noidea:

Do they need a jock washer?

Wallace108
02-07-2012, 01:44 AM
http://picchore.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

That gif would be a lot better if Haley wasn't in it. He's ****ing things up already. Fire his ass.

tony hipchest
02-07-2012, 01:57 AM
it would be alot better if haley wasnt in it and my penis was.

:shout:- FIRE HALEY!!!

FIREHALEY
02-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Haley's response to this thread:

http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/TODD-HALEY-F-U.gif

tony hipchest
02-07-2012, 12:06 PM
nice hat. :hatsoff:

Steel Peon
02-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Nice thread.........can't let the new guy get full of himself too fast........maybe the absence of a thread like this is why Arians was lame from the start?

jiminpa
02-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Let's give him a half season to be complete screw up before we call for his firing. That's what I gave Arians, and even then I kept hoping he would start proving me wrong. May Indy, like Cleveland before them, forever be hounded by Arians's culture of losing, now that he will be touching their organization. Fortunately, the Steelers culture of championship prevails, and hopefully Haley will contribute to that.

FanSince72
02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
I can't wait for the: "Fire the Guy We Haven't Hired Yet" thread. :sofunny:

ricardisimo
02-07-2012, 04:43 PM
I can't wait for the: "Fire the Guy We Haven't Hired Yet" thread. :sofunny:
I was considering creating a "Fire Tom Clements" thread. :noidea:

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 04:44 PM
We've hired him, it's official.

polamalubeast
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
:doh:

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-11-2012, 07:13 AM
First play... bubble screen! Haha

effyou515
02-13-2012, 12:31 PM
draw play on the one yard line:chuckle:

TRH
02-13-2012, 04:31 PM
draw play on the one yard line:chuckle:

4 times in a row...........

Fire Arians
02-13-2012, 06:02 PM
4 times in a row...........

"my offense was made to score!" (field goals) :chuckle:

mesaSteeler
02-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Can we have a fire Roger Goodell thread? I predict it would end up being even longer than the Fire Arians thread.

stb_steeler
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Can we have a fire Roger Goodell thread? I predict it would end up being even longer than the Fire Arians thread.

after we get a big thread goin on Goodhell, maybe we can sent it to him....:chuckle:

steelax04
02-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Just ran across this site with Haley gifs...

http://www.eighteen-one.com/2009/11/todd-haley-angriest-coach-in-football.html

Blackout
02-19-2012, 01:25 AM

I can't wait to see him blow up in Ben's face after these.

pitt0wns
02-19-2012, 01:32 AM
We got another Cowher on our hands :)

Kanata-Steeler
02-19-2012, 06:05 AM
We got another Cowher on our hands :)

I sure hope so, 'cause that is EXACTLY what our Offense needs, a bit of "Chin" in their face !

Bayz101
02-19-2012, 06:14 AM
I sure hope so, 'cause that is EXACTLY what our Offense needs, a bit of "Chin" in their face !

And spit :sofunny:

ricardisimo
02-19-2012, 06:29 AM

That is some classic shit. We have a colorful few years to look forward to.

Kanata-Steeler
02-19-2012, 06:30 AM
And spit :sofunny:

ya, so true.

TheManOfSteel
03-11-2012, 09:02 AM
lmbo!!! You know after our first bad performance on offense it will be coming!

FrancoLambert
03-11-2012, 10:54 AM
:applaudit:
Bring it Todd. We need some of this.....fire and intensity.
Balance Coach Cool who's way too cool most of the time especially towards the refs after a bogus call.
If accountability means getting in someone's face when they're not doing their job, well we could use more of that on our sideline.
Some players may not like this approach, tough, it's needed.

Dalarin
03-14-2012, 07:24 AM
Hopefully the draft day philosophy is "we are one lineman and a true fullback away from having a top redzone offense." If that pans out Haley might have a long productive career in Pittsburgh

chitownpit
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Todd Haley has really done well with his star players. If you have talent he will make the most of it.
We have a ton of talent on this team, He is like a kid in a candy store, He was drawing up plays
for Rainey 5 minutes after we drafted him. Ala Mc Cluster who used to shred our defense he was so quick.
Wallace,Brown,Sanders,Miller,Cotchery,ect,ect, We have all the weapons in the world but Ben has rarely
had time to use these guys laying on his back bleeding from his nose. 4 of 5 offensive line men have been
drafted in the first 2 rounds the last 3 years! Believe it or not, i believe we are in the process of building
one of the best Olines in the league. Ben could have ten quality years if not taking these hits. Im thinking
this could be one fantastic draft, give Haley his little scat back and open up this offense. HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO!!!

chrosched
07-12-2012, 02:06 AM
it is bad

Steel Scrotum
07-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Your boss can't be your friend, personality-wise it's a match...let's see if it's a match personnel-wise

Bayz101
07-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Your boss can't be your friend, personality-wise it's a match...let's see if it's a match personnel-wise

Your name :sofunny:

mistersheezy
07-20-2012, 07:48 PM
This thread will blow up on Haley's first bad call, lol!

rich4eagle
07-22-2012, 04:39 PM
I am concerned about the change of OC's. The team needs to plays to skill player talents and right now the talent is more on passing than running. Word has it focus on running will return. Where is Bettis?

JPPT1974
07-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Give him a chance. Cut the guy some slack. He has just gotten here.

rich4eagle
07-22-2012, 04:56 PM
I am concerned that we will not focus on the passing game which is a strength to use more plays running. I am high on Redman and think he will suprisingly gain a lot of yards

ricardisimo
07-23-2012, 05:45 PM
This thread will blow up on Haley's first bad call, lol!

Give him a chance. Cut the guy some slack. He has just gotten here.
I wouldn't worry too much about this. The thread was started largely as a joke. Not sure if you guys were around back when the Arians thread was alive... now that was something to behold. Haley doesn't have to do too much (especially this season) to avoid the barrage of rotten fruit.

Then again, we Steelers fans are some of the most spoiled fans in the world. It's possible that if Haley isn't running up the score week-in and week-out we'll be hearing about what a bum he is and how he needs to start packing. :noidea:

mesaSteeler
07-23-2012, 08:08 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about this. The thread was started largely as a joke. Not sure if you guys were around back when the Arians thread was alive... now that was something to behold. Haley doesn't have to do too much (especially this season) to avoid the barrage of rotten fruit.

Then again, we Steelers fans are some of the most spoiled fans in the world. It's possible that if Haley isn't running up the score week-in and week-out we'll be hearing about what a bum he is and how he needs to start packing. :noidea:

All Haley has to do to improve over the Airhead is NOT run repeated passing plays from inside the 20 at night, during a howling blizzard, on a frozen field, when we LOST to the Clownies.

urgle burgle
07-24-2012, 11:41 PM
i miss joe walton.......sigh.

drucifer
07-31-2012, 09:03 AM
This guy has yet to get us into the playoffs, let alone the AFCCG or the Super Bowl! He must go!

njsteeler87v2
07-31-2012, 05:55 PM
All Haley has to do to improve over the Airhead is NOT run repeated passing plays from inside the 20 at night, during a howling blizzard, on a frozen field, when we LOST to the Clownies.

Same thing happened against the J-E-S-Ts at the Meadowlands, right?

ricardisimo
07-31-2012, 07:23 PM
There were more than a few blunders. Arians didn't get fir... retired just because of the Browns game.

steelax04
09-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Over a month of silence in this thread?!? Shocked, to say the least. :chuckle:

TXSTEELER
09-09-2012, 09:24 PM
I thought we were going to run the ball. Not a single rush on their 3 yd line!

Hawaii 5-0
09-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Kovacevic: Haley’s Chapter 1 not so bad

By Dejan Kovacevic
Published: Monday, September 10, 2012

DENVER — The impression left all through the Steelers’ training camp and preseason was that Todd Haley’s playbook — the No. 1 issue then, now and probably for weeks to come — would lean toward power running, would limit Ben Roethlisberger’s punishment and would still leave room for Ben to be Ben.

And now that they’ve finally peeled open the first chapter?

Check, check and CHECK.

Look, I know the 31-19 loss to the Broncos on Sunday night won’t play well back home. The outcome was ugly, the late pick-six Roethlisberger threw late was uglier, and the defensive secondary was ugliest of all in getting decimated by a good-as-new Peyton Manning.

But Haley’s offense?

Ask me, and there were signs there of something solid, sustainable and maybe even career-saving for the $100 million franchise quarterback.

Ask others, and they’ll agree.

“I thought we did pretty well,” Roethlisberger replied to my broad-picture query on the topic. “We were going against a great defense in a hostile environment. We did a lot of no-huddle, mixing things in. We used a lot of clock, worked down the field, made plays when we needed to. ... Overall, I was happy with the way the guys handled the offense.”

Without a doubt, the new offensive coordinator had his head-scratching sequences.

It’s odd to see any NFL team run the ball all through midfield, only to turn to the pass inside the red zone.

It’s odd to see Roethlisberger take his first deep shot of the game in the fourth quarter.

It’s odd to see a roster that’s legitimately four wide receivers deep go with a four wide-set just once in the first half.

It’s odd to see, on first-and-15, Isaac Redman sweep to the left.

Actually, that last one was borderline bizarre.

But you know what?

For the most part, I’ll share the sentiment of Mike Wallace: “We did OK.”

Set aside the numbers. Roethlisberger finished 22 of 40 for 245 yards with two touchdowns. That won’t make anyone forget Tommy Maddox, let alone Tom Brady.

Set aside the pick, too, even if he can’t.

“Throwing that pick ... that’s on me,” Roethlisberger said. “I already told my coaches and teammates, it’s my fault. That loss is squarely on my shoulders.”

If that’s fair – and it isn’t given how the defense bent and eventually broke — then it’s also fair to examine some facets of the offense that might have gone overlooked while Western Pennsylvania was bowing anew before the altar of Bruce Arians:

• The Steelers dominated time of possession, 35:05 to 24:55. That limited Manning’s time on the field, if not necessarily his efficiency. It was easy to forget at times he was in the building.

The four scores came on consecutive drives of 10, 14, 16 and 14 plays, consuming a total of 26:51 off the clock.

“The best thing we did in this game was keep them off the field,” Redman said.

• Roethlisberger ended up being sacked five times, but that’s misleading. He hadn’t even been touched until midway through the third quarter when 190-pound cornerback Chris Harris sneaked through. The rest came late, as the offense was going for broke.

The overall good protection happened even though Ramon Foster and Marcus Gilbert were lost early to injuries.

“I thought we showed we could move the ball and protect,” guard Willie Colon said.

This is no small issue. Roethlisberger is 30. He can’t go on limping his whole career.

• The Steelers got it done on third down, often effortlessly, in converting 11 of 19. Almost always, it was a quick underneath route.

“We put together some long drives, made plays when they counted,” tight end Heath Miller said.

• I’ll say it again: Ben was Ben when he wanted to be.

“There was a lot of work out of the no-huddle,” he said.

That’s Rosetta Stone code for Roethlisberger having called a lot of his own shots. He seemed satisfied by that, and I’ll have to assume Haley was, too, though he won’t be available for interviews until later in the week.

It can get better, no question. More home run attempts. More Chris Rainey than two touches. More power near the goal line.

It didn’t all go by the script, but the opening chapter of the new offense was much better than the cover might show.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2567843-85/roethlisberger-ben-offense-lot-odd-haley-steelers-field-check-late#ixzz2661lFT8I

ricardisimo
09-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Kovacevic: Haley’s Chapter 1 not so bad

By Dejan Kovacevic
Published: Monday, September 10, 2012

DENVER — ...

Without a doubt, the new offensive coordinator had his head-scratching sequences.

It’s odd to see any NFL team run the ball all through midfield, only to turn to the pass inside the red zone.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2567843-85/roethlisberger-ben-offense-lot-odd-haley-steelers-field-check-late#ixzz2661lFT8I
This one stuck in my head the most. It's like Bruce Arians left some sort of hex on the OC's office chair, some ghost whispering in Haley's ear: "Do the opposite of what you're supposed to do... that'll get 'em."

Ricco Suavez
09-13-2012, 07:00 PM
My biggest beef of the game was just this same thing. I still would like to see some of the first down runs yield more than 2-3 yards. Second and 6, 2nd and 5, 2nd and 4, ideal downs for a team and Correct me if I am wrong we did not see any of those type downs all night, at least not from runs. Run game can and must improve if we continue to show and use rum mostly in the early downs.

Fire Arians
09-17-2012, 02:26 PM
haley spreads the ball around too much, we need more of arians gameplan where we go deep to wallace and wr screen every series

why's he throwing to heath miller? the guy's a bum, fire him!!!

Hawaii 5-0
09-18-2012, 03:25 AM
Steelers Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger Adapting Well To Todd Haley's Offense

by Neal Coolong on Sep 17, 2012

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/5560695/20120916_lbm_al8_159_extra_large.jpg

Remember when there were questions surrounding how long it would take for Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to adapt to offensive coordinator Todd Haley?

Maybe it's really more of a question of how long it will take Haley to adapt to Roethlisberger.

While the stat book will show the Steelers really choked the Jets out in a 27-10 Week 2 win during a 14-play, 75-yard touchdown drive that chewed 10:13 off the clock, Roethlisberger beat the Jets time and again through the 60 minute game.

The Steelers, largely behind Roethlisberger, were 8-for-15 on third down, and converted 13 passes to first downs.

Roethlisberger didn't turn the ball over, completing 24-of-31 passes (77.4 percent) along with two touchdowns.

Roethlisberger was masterful in whatever anyone would like to call that offense. Not taking anything away from Haley's game-plan, which scored on five of the team's nine drives, but third downs were owned by Roethlisberger.

And Haley took the leash off his stud quarterback, throwing the ball 31 times compared to 28 runs, that percentage leans more toward the pass, and with each passing game, that proportion seems more in line with a winning formula than the other way around.

Even as the Steelers still continue to find success on the ground, their willingness to run paid dividends, particularly on that 14 play game-sealing drive.

The edges are being sanded off this offense, one drive at a time, and the stellar play of Roethlisberger gives Steelers fans reason to celebrate heading into Week 3.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/9/17/3345720/steelers-quarterback-ben-roethlisberger-todd-haley-offense-stats-week-2-win-jets

steelersman
09-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Haley is really running a good football team into the ground! So much talent on the offensive side of the ball. When they use a fullback set and run the ball they were up 2 touchdowns. The same thing in Denver. We were up until Haley started constantly running the hurry up no huddle scheme with 5 wide receivers, and tries to get into a shootout with Peyton Manning. This is not a Madden video game, keep the defense honest, are you brain dead??? Think about it, even if we can score every time with this formation, why rush the defense back on the field and get into a shoot out when the d is tired and can't get off the field. This guy should be given a pink slip tomorrow. They have the best fullback in football and they barely even use him. WJ is the secret weapon like the announcers said today, and leads the NFL in yards for all fullbacks in the league. They rarely use him, he's open every play when they have him in the game on passing formation and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash.

MACH1
09-24-2012, 01:59 AM
http://www.antifeministtech.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/godzilla_facepalm.jpg

Bayz101
09-24-2012, 02:09 AM
You have got to be kidding me.

If you blame the offense for this loss, or really even the Denver loss, you're a ****ing idiot.

I apologize ahead of time for being so blunt, but that's my brutally honest opinion.

GoFor7
09-24-2012, 12:03 PM
You have got to be kidding me.

If you blame the offense for this loss, or really even the Denver loss, you're a ****ing idiot.

I apologize ahead of time for being so blunt, but that's my brutally honest opinion.

Paul Zeise blames Ben. Just go look at his twitter.

6RingsAndCounting
09-26-2012, 07:54 PM
Paul Zeise blames Ben. Just go look at his twitter.

If you blame Todd Haley, or anyone on that offense, you're just flat out a moron.

Bayz101
09-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Ben's looking thin!

steelfury02
09-27-2012, 09:56 AM
LOL Godzilla face palm

http://www.deviantart.com/download/214283367/haters_gonna_hate_godzilla_by_rumper1-d3jku3r.gif

AndyWitmyer
10-07-2012, 04:28 PM
RealVen (From the Colts Board):

Bench Arians.

Bstill5117
10-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Not a Haley fan...but the offense is the only positive thing goin this season. Labeau MUST get Tomlin the REALIZE the standard ain't the friggin standard without Troy. They have to adjust there playing without him. No one else can do what he does. The defensive game plan is NO GOOD unless Troy is in it. Time for a new defensive scheme til he is healthy

Just sayin!!!

ChristianKustomz
10-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Forget Haley...FIRE WALLACE!

He's about as useful as a one legged midget in a butt kicking contest!

xbroughneck
10-28-2012, 08:44 PM
This thread is gaining less and less relevance.

I like Haley's offense. As a matter of fact I like it a lot more than Arians.

Fire Arians
10-28-2012, 08:52 PM
fire him now, i hate how he passes the ball to too many people, he needs to only pass it to antonio brown cause hes on my fantasy team, F miller for stealing my points!!!11!

ricardisimo
10-28-2012, 11:08 PM
This thread is gaining less and less relevance.

I like Haley's offense. As a matter of fact I like it a lot more than Arians.
Actually, for those of us who wanted Arians fired three years ago, and the folks who swore we'd be eating our words, this thread is more and more relevant each and every week.

JeromeBetties63
11-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Actually, for those of us who wanted Arians fired three years ago, and the folks who swore we'd be eating our words, this thread is more and more relevant each and every week.

Wrong...dead wrong. Ben was sacked zero times last week. Haley is going to extend his career by three years. And lets all remember, we had some great teams in the 90's but no QB...so we never won a Super Bowl. I predict Ben will win one or two more. Haley will be a big part of it.

Kanata-Steeler
11-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Right now, the way our "O" is finally jelling (for the good), the only thing worse that "Firing Todd" would be losing Ben to the Jets, 'cause we'd never hear the end of "Buh-Buh-Buh Benny and the Jets..." :)
I think i just ate a bad joke.
:doh:

STEELERNATION657
11-11-2012, 02:35 PM
If they get behind I think they should let Ben call the plays, He's done well in the past. He's capable, let him do it.

Stu Pidasso
11-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Terrible, terrible game managing tonight.

But I still want Haley over BA

Chris Fuamatu-Ma'afala
11-19-2012, 01:18 AM
The 3rd and 2 on the 4 yard line fade pattern to Wallace still is irking me the more I think about it

Just hand the damn thing off.

BigBen2WardPITT
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
I was Firmly in the Fire Arians camp. Happy to see him gone. Happy to see Ben getting sacked less. And especially happy to see Ben putting up MVP-like numbers. I don't love Haley's offense, but look what it's done for Ben?

That said, we should stick to one RB more often. Dwyer looks good. Keep him in there!!!!

DWplayer
11-29-2012, 08:40 AM
Forget Haley...FIRE WALLACE!

He's about as useful as a one legged midget in a butt kicking contest!

That was lame

NSMaster56
12-09-2012, 05:21 PM
Surprised this thread isn't on fire after this debacle of a game.

GoFor7
12-10-2012, 09:54 PM
Surprised this thread isn't on fire after this debacle of a game.

There's still a honey moon with Haley because of the Arians hate. Truth of the matter is the offense is no better now than it was a year ago

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Hey, if Baltimore can do it, why not us?

Something needs to shake this team up.....if we can't bench Wallace, just cut Haley and run the no-huddle and let Ben call the plays......I demand entertainment from my 8-8 team.

If we lose out and the Jets get in I will fucking scream

Fire Haley
12-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Truth of the matter is the offense is no better now than it was a year ago

truth is Ben has been hurt more this year than any other......I blame Haley, he still has the stink of a loser on him from KC, I fear he's cursed

just a year ago........

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2012/11/5446544-590x434.jpg?4c1d59

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has got to be getting a little but hot under the collar as the humiliating losses keep piling up..

Bayz101
12-10-2012, 10:23 PM
truth is Ben has been hurt more this year than any other......I blame Haley, he still has the stink of a loser on him from KC, I fear he's cursed

just a year ago........

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/130/files/2012/11/5446544-590x434.jpg?4c1d59

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt has got to be getting a little but hot under the collar as the humiliating losses keep piling up..

That isn't Hunt, is it? Looks like Pioli.

rich4eagle
12-13-2012, 04:34 PM
I was Firmly in the Fire Arians camp. Happy to see him gone. Happy to see Ben getting sacked less. And especially happy to see Ben putting up MVP-like numbers. I don't love Haley's offense, but look what it's done for Ben?

That said, we should stick to one RB more often. Dwyer looks good. Keep him in there!!!!

Good post but actually I think Redman is our best back and been a victim of favoritism and being screwed:tt04:

The_Joker
12-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I was a big Anti-Arians guy, and still am. I think Haley is not to much better, but still better.

steelerchad
12-13-2012, 05:04 PM
I think Haley's been quite a bit better than Arians in Pittsburgh. The offense was starting to click before the KC game when Ben got hurt. That game had horrible conditions with rain and wind. This season, we are getting terrible offensive execution.
The drops have been the worst I can remember from a Steelers team. The fumbling was a record worst in the Cleveland game. None of that is on the OC.

What I like about Haley is that Ben has changed his game and was successful pretty early doing it. He's getting rid of the ball and staying upright for the most part. He still ad libs when needed, but isn't making a living off of it. I think long term, we're in a much better spot now.

vasteeler
12-13-2012, 05:30 PM
I think Haley's been quite a bit better than Arians in Pittsburgh. The offense was starting to click before the KC game when Ben got hurt. That game had horrible conditions with rain and wind. This season, we are getting terrible offensive execution.
The drops have been the worst I can remember from a Steelers team. The fumbling was a record worst in the Cleveland game. None of that is on the OC.

What I like about Haley is that Ben has changed his game and was successful pretty early doing it. He's getting rid of the ball and staying upright for the most part. He still ad libs when needed, but isn't making a living off of it. I think long term, we're in a much better spot now.

agreed 100%

Wallace17
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Fire the whole staff tomlin and Haley suck dick leabeu can go back to buffalo. This team sucks

VictoryFormation
12-23-2012, 07:31 PM
The question is, if the Steelers wanted to get rid of Haley, how would they go about doing it? After all, Dan Rooney was his biggest supporter, when they hired him. His father, Dick Haley, was the Director of Player Personnel for almost 20 years. It would not be pretty if they fired Todd Haley after one season. Would they offer him a position in the front office just to get him out of the way? Aside from that, they would have to be concerned about the risk that whoever they brought in to replace Todd Haley might not work out, either. It will be interesting to see what happens. It is likely that they’ll give him another season as Offensive Coordinator.

therocksteeler
12-24-2012, 04:40 AM
The question is, if the Steelers wanted to get rid of Haley, how would they go about doing it? After all, Dan Rooney was his biggest supporter, when they hired him. His father, Dick Haley, was the Director of Player Personnel for almost 20 years. It would not be pretty if they fired Todd Haley after one season. Would they offer him a position in the front office just to get him out of the way? Aside from that, they would have to be concerned about the risk that whoever they brought in to replace Todd Haley might not work out, either. It will be interesting to see what happens. It is likely that they’ll give him another season as Offensive Coordinator.

Saving face : Agree with your statements above.

therocksteeler
12-24-2012, 04:41 AM
Before the guy is even officially confirmed as our Coordinator, he's already got a bounty :doh:

Welcome to Pittsburgh!

LOL
:rofl:

GoFor7
12-24-2012, 12:11 PM

Yeah, admitting you made a mistake is the worst thing in the world....

Unfortunately you may be right. I wonder if they are praying Haley takes the head coaching job in Arizona so they can get rid of him and save face at the same time.

rich4eagle
12-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Fire the whole staff tomlin and Haley suck dick leabeu can go back to buffalo. This team sucks

Tomlin is not a good game day coach. He cannot pull the trigger and make games over and continually allows teams back in the game and allows the Steelers to lose at end game. So he needs to either get way better or be gone!:tt:

Haley sucks to high heaven he needs gone asap.

Lebeau still has it but the general game plan sucks goes back the Tomlin playing not to lose and then losing with superior players.

And what the hell is with this running back by committee when it is clear that Isaac Redman is the only quality running back on the team and he gets six carries a game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>??????????????/ are you kidding or is our coaching plain stupid:tt:...........Dwyer cannot hit a hole or push the pile and Mendenhall is a fumble awaiting or a five yard dancing loss every third play and our passing offense is NOW PATHETIC with great receivers:tt03:

GoFor7
12-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Who wants Norv?

lloydwoodson
12-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry guys - it is the same underachieving offense year after year. The offensive coordinators are variables - the quarterback is the constant.

Top quarterbacks with new coordinators last year and the ppg their offenses produced:

Roethlisberger 2011 20 ppg 2012 21 ppg

Tom Brady 2011 32 ppg 2012 35 ppg

Matt Ryan 2011 25 ppg 2012 26 ppg

Cutler 2011 22 ppg 2012 23 ppg

P Manning 2010 27 ppg 2012 30 ppg

Rivers 2011 25 ppg 2012 22 ppg

Flacco 2011 24 ppg 2012 25 ppg

Romo 2011 23 ppg 2012 23 ppg

Rodgers 2011 35 ppg 2012 27 ppg

Conclusion: Seeing that only Rodgers offensive production changed significantly, if a team wants to score more points they are better off with a new quarterback than a new coordinator.

GoFor7
12-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Sorry guys - it is the same underachieving offense year after year. The offensive coordinators are variables - the quarterback is the constant.

Top quarterbacks with new coordinators last year and the ppg their offenses produced:

Roethlisberger 2011 20 ppg 2012 21 ppg

Tom Brady 2011 32 ppg 2012 35 ppg

Matt Ryan 2011 25 ppg 2012 26 ppg

Cutler 2011 22 ppg 2012 23 ppg

P Manning 2010 27 ppg 2012 30 ppg

Rivers 2011 25 ppg 2012 22 ppg

Flacco 2011 24 ppg 2012 25 ppg

Romo 2011 23 ppg 2012 23 ppg

Rodgers 2011 35 ppg 2012 27 ppg

Conclusion: Seeing that only Rodgers offensive production changed significantly, if a team wants to score more points they are better off with a new quarterback than a new coordinator.

All those teams you mentioned aren't obsessed with ball control offenses - they actually try to score. I keep telling you that, but you seem incapable of understanding.

This is yinzer nation in the offseason:

"Ben don't gotta throw da ball more den 20 times! Gotta run da ball! Gotta rest da defense! Da stillerz dun't need ta score more points cuz da stiller defense will be well-rested!"

This is yinzer nation after a close loss:

"BEN WHY DIDN'T YINZ DO MORE! YINZ STINK! YINZ GOTTA SCORE MORE POINTS! BOOOOOOOOO!"

Don't demand the offense play ball-control and then go on demanding more points. Want more points? Gotta make some quick strikes and not worry about protecting the defense all the time.

lloydwoodson
12-31-2012, 09:11 PM
All those teams you mentioned aren't obsessed with ball control offenses - they actually try to score. I keep telling you that, but you seem incapable of understanding.

This is yinzer nation in the offseason:

"Ben don't gotta throw da ball more den 20 times! Gotta run da ball! Gotta rest da defense! Da stillerz dun't need ta score more points cuz da stiller defense will be well-rested!"

This is yinzer nation after a close loss:

"BEN WHY DIDN'T YINZ DO MORE! YINZ STINK! YINZ GOTTA SCORE MORE POINTS! BOOOOOOOOO!"

Don't demand the offense play ball-control and then go on demanding more points. Want more points? Gotta make some quick strikes and not worry about protecting the defense all the time.

NFL Team Passing Play Percentage

Steelers 13th 59.7% Pass
Green Bay 15th 58.5% Pass
New England 20th 56.1% Pass
Denver 21st 55.9% Pass

The 6 teams who passed the most frequently are out of the playoffs- Saints included. Quick!!!! Pass more!!!!

It turns out 3 of the 4 elite quarterbacks pass less than Roethlisberger percentage wise. Next theory that puts the responsibility on everyone but Ben please.

The teams that run the most you ask? Seattle, Washington, San Francisco, and Minnesota are 4 of the 5 who run the most.

Remember kids, it is a new league!!!!! Running doesn't work!!!!! Just ask GoFor7!!!!!

TRH
12-31-2012, 09:25 PM
very interesting stats.
I agree we need to run more and i'm hoping we get a different back to work with.
I think our passing game could be outstanding - but there's no question we have to work harder on the run game to make that work.
I wasn't impressed with our constant "runs up the middle". It became far too predictable. And our OL was absolutely dreadful this year when it came to opening holes.

GoFor7
12-31-2012, 11:17 PM
Remember, bubble screens count as passes too. Don't put too much stock onto run/pass ratio.

lloydwoodson
01-01-2013, 08:28 AM
Remember, bubble screens count as passes too. Don't put too much stock onto run/pass ratio.

If a wr screen counts as a run it turns out teams are running more than these stats show! Oh wow! You are on to something. With all the screens NE throws they are likely running more than they are passing! No team in the league runs more screen plays! NE probably runs the most! I think you are on to something.

Steelers58
01-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Firing Haley is not the reason were home, it all boils down to Ben making horrible decisions, all the time we hear Ben makes something out of nothing, yep, true enough, but how many times have we seen him tracked down and planted in the turf, this guy is in the prime of his carrer but still hasent learned to throw the ball away

lloydwoodson
01-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Firing Haley is not the reason were home, it all boils down to Ben making horrible decisions, all the time we hear Ben makes something out of nothing, yep, true enough, but how many times have we seen him tracked down and planted in the turf, this guy is in the prime of his carrer but still hasent learned to throw the ball away

Some quotes as the NFL Network weighed in on Ben's comments about Haley in late October.

"I can only speak on my time with Todd Haley. I didn't feel like we were dink and dunk at all. I mean, we were fifth in the league in big plays- 20 plus yards pass plays.... Big Ben is on pace to throw more than we did that year and we were fifth in the league. I still think the Steelers are taking shots." Kurt Warner

"(Ben needs to) take what the defense gives you and don't out your offensive coordinator. Some of these things you have to keep in house. I mean we murdered TO (in the media) for this but with Big Ben it's not a huge story. I'm glad we are talking about this right now." Marshall Faulk

"Mendenhall is coming back from an injury so the dink and dunk becomes your running game because you didn't know what kind of running game you were going to have. My issue with it is this, Ben Roethlisberger, once you say this now you just gave Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace and Sanders the ability to act nuts on the sideline if the offense isn't going well... and that's what you don't need right now if you're the Pittsburgh Steelers." Michael Irvin

"Didn't we all see this coming? The quarterback who has never been reined in, never been told he is holding the ball too long, never been told he is spending too much time in the pocket, never been told these things. Now he has Haley for his offensive coordinator. I have gone up against Haley's offense and he is fiery in every way, shape and form." Warren Sapp

wwhickok
01-07-2013, 10:09 AM
Hopefully he interviews with Arizona and accepts their head coaching job.

VaDave
01-12-2013, 04:31 PM
Moderators,

Can I start a sticky on firing our next OC??

Haley stays, Ben will produce, like he did before the oline blew apart. This offensive system is sound, and the hype about Ben and Todd's relationship is hype. Nothing more.

As for the rushing attack, let's look at the last Cleveland game for a microcosum of the season. We stated the game with the following offensive line left to right, Starks, Foster, Pouncey, DeCastro, Beachum. In the Second quarter it was Starks, Foster, Pouncey, Legurski, and Beachum. Then in the third quarter on, we fininised the game with Starks, Legurski, Pouncey, Malecki, and Foster.

I'm all for position flexability and all, but I got to break it to you, to expect a dominant rushing attack, with all of that shifting around, especially Foster, who spent all the week prior cramming the books prepping to play left guard, then ends up playing crunch time at RT, and position he hasn't played since he was in college, is an unreasonable expectation.

When you are playing a guy that was your second string RG, who was filling in at LG, but had to be moved to right tackle, our 4th option at RG that spend most of the season on the PS, our third option at RG moving over to LG to replace our third option at LG who had to move to RT as our 5th option at that position........ Can you understand why there might be a little disruption with our rushing attack?

Guys, injuries do matter. "Next Man Up" is nothing more than macho BS. When a guy goes down, the next man is not going to be as good. If they were as good, they would be alternating snaps to balance the work load.

Hayley is doing fine and IMO was a dang good hire.

thethinkingguy
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm loving this conversation. In fact, your posts are the subject of our first article at our new quantitative analysis site: www.steelcitystats.com (http://www.steelcitystats.com)

What we have learned, through regression analysis and statistical analysis of NFL means and standard deviations is that, the Steelers didn't lose division games because of pass/rush distribution. Rather, they lost the division because of abysmal QB play in key games. I encourage you to check it out.

bde407
01-22-2013, 09:33 AM
Fire Haley??? While I agree that the Offense was somewhat "boring in 2012" Big Ben was on his way towards his best season before getting hurt. Sitting out for 3 stright games will kill anyones progress. There are many changes that need to take place this year, which one(s) will help only time will tell... I agree in a way that the Offense needed to change from the gun slinger offense. Big Ben would not last another season without a more protective offense. Alot of that is on Big Ben himself (hold the ball to long) and I think the Haley offence would build more around Big Bens ability to read a D and make more plays with his mind and not his running around the field like a wildman. While that worked in the past it will tend to age your QB faster. I just don't think Wallace (with no training camp) adjusted to fit in with the Haley offense. Do we need the deep ball plays, of course every team has that need. But we need the other 20 passing plays to move the field. As for the running game, well that never really took off because of the constant " who will start" and how long will they last before getting hurt. D-line, while it is older when compared to the entire league, it WAS still #1 overall. Don't fix what is not broken. Not saying it does not need to be adjusted but the foundation it present!!!!

I don't follow the O-line so I can't really comment..... But it sure did not seem to help with the running game when the Defense is attacking the running back before he can get a head of steam under him.

I say keep Haley, But build in a few more 20 -25 yard passes and lose a few 5 yard dumps... Heath Miller had a pro bowl year finally because he was getting the 10 yd passes the steelers never had before.

Wallace, well.... Steelers have always build team around players that could contribute in more that just one way and well Wallace at this point can only do one or two tricks.

While 2012 was not in anyway like the last couple seasons, I think the idea was sound but they were trying to put in a entire new offense and some players just could not adjust.

bde407
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Agreed.......! The Offensive game plan was there. With Big Ben on his way towards his best year yet before getting hurt was proof of that. While I think the Offense at times did seem a little, for lack of better words "boring" I don't think it was Haley's game plan that was "boring" Heath Miller had his most productive year ever! That was a result of Haley. I think Heath Found the endzone more they ever. I think the wideouts had trouble adjusting (with one missing an entire training camp). That resulted in no need to double team a wideout which did not allow for alot of one on one coverage. Heck I could cover Wallace if I could have two or 3 guys helping to cover Wallace deep and we know Wallace has yet to show any sign of being or becoming what Hines Ward was and did. Need that go to guy who will buckle up and fly into the middle of the field regardless. That opens the sidelines. I think the game planning was there. Just need time to break in the motor, like you have to do when you get a brand new car.....

VaDave
02-02-2013, 08:41 AM
bde

RE: Oline

Pretty much you can get a reall good idea what's going on in a game by watching the line play. Take some time to watch them instead of following the ball.

Thethinkking guy

RE: Stats,

I like stats too, and read your breakdown. Truly good stuff.

But tell me, do you have any stats that can indicate how many errent passes a QB makes when protections break down or receivers run bad routes?

It's easy to show a tendency in the numbers, but frankly, it does little to show indicaters that infuence the numbers, such as an interception thrown because a guard didn't make a cutoff block for the 17th time that season, and the QB was about to be separated from his mortal coil by a 380 pound human projectile?

lloydwoodson
03-08-2013, 04:05 AM
VaDave, there are only a couple quarterbacks who hold the ball longer than Roethlisberger.

Even when the Steelers line was very solid in 2004 and 2005 Roethlisberger took a huge amount of sacks compared to the number of times he dropped back. The Steelers OL is actually middle of the pack in terms of Adjusted Sack Rate. (Steelers were 15th right behind Baltimore and they did pretty well last year.)

Kudos to Aaron Rodgers for having the second worst OL in football and still putting up 30 per game. 4th in scoring with the 2nd worst OL... now there is a QB who doesn't need excuses made for him.

VaDave
03-11-2013, 10:59 AM
Woody,

Think about who we had for receivers back then.....Ward, no speed demon, Cedrick Wilson, no speed demon, Nate Washington, a graduate of the Ike Taylor school of catching.... just saying....

lloydwoodson
03-12-2013, 02:02 AM
Woody,

Think about who we had for receivers back then.....Ward, no speed demon, Cedrick Wilson, no speed demon, Nate Washington, a graduate of the Ike Taylor school of catching.... just saying....

So your opinion is that Roethlisberger is known for his Kurt Warneresque quick release?

This is Ben's strength? Getting rid of the ball quickly?

My opinion is that Roethlisberger's style of play is to try to make something happen on every play regardless of how long that might take.

As I have posted several times... Brady, P Manning and Drew Brees all went to the Superbowl with groups of offensive linemen who were 5th round draft picks or worse.

Roethlisberger came into the league behind an OL of 1st and 2nd rounders which is also what he has now.

VaDave
03-13-2013, 07:44 AM
You have a point about the OL. Also, your observation about Ben is spot on, but I'm sure it has occurred to you that the reason Ben had to hang on to the ball forever, starting in his formative years, is because it took forever for his receivers to get open?

As that line deteriorated, he didn't have time to hold on to the ball for a millisecond, and last year was no different, as he was behind the scrubeanie lineman de jour. Two of the top picks were either on IR or missed significant time. Colon was a 4th round pic, Beachum a 7th, Legurski and Foster were a free agents. Hardly high pedigree material. And then Ben got hurt.....

Going forward, IF these kids stay healthy, it should be a great OL for a long time.

jacobo
03-13-2013, 09:59 PM
Just because the colts, pats and saints have had lesser draft picks for their linemen doesn't mean they're worse. It's just a testament to the great coaching of those teams and their ability to stay healthy. Ben would have a great line too with less sacks if we didn't have fifty different o line combinations each year. I remember last season for a while it was weird for him to get sacked. He had a stretch when he was only getting sacked one time or even none in a game. Ben proved he is, or at least can be, one of the best from inside the pocket. Haley helped that happen. The injury bug just got to us, again.

harrison'samonster
03-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Just because the colts, pats and saints have had lesser draft picks for their linemen doesn't mean they're worse. It's just a testament to the great coaching of those teams and their ability to stay healthy. Ben would have a great line too with less sacks if we didn't have fifty different o line combinations each year. I remember last season for a while it was weird for him to get sacked. He had a stretch when he was only getting sacked one time or even none in a game. Ben proved he is, or at least can be, one of the best from inside the pocket. Haley helped that happen. The injury bug just got to us, again.

then after the OL started dealing with injuries, other defenses seemed to live in our backfield. Teams were having no trouble pushing us around in the trenches towards the end of the season.

lloydwoodson
03-16-2013, 01:13 PM

Haley's short passing game is the reason Roethlisberger started taking less sacks. Haley's modus operandi was to minimize hits Roethlisberger was taking and control the clock. Tomlin made this the prime focus of the offense.

Wake up. Individually the OL of the Saints, Pats and Broncos aren't very good. They play together well as a unit though.

Jahri Evans and Ben Grubbs would start for the Steelers both at guard.

Ryan Clady would start for the Steelers at LT.

I'm not sure that any of the Pats OL could crack the Steelers starting lineup- maybe Solder.

People need to realise that the elite quarterbacks cover for their OL a TON with quick reads, audibles to elude blitzes and taking what is available.

The only elite qb who holds the ball longer than Roethlisberger is A Rodgers... and he gets sacked constantly. It isn't a coincidence.

VaDave
03-20-2013, 07:33 PM
Haley's short passing game is the reason Roethlisberger started taking less sacks. Haley's modus operandi was to minimize hits Roethlisberger was taking and control the clock. Tomlin made this the prime focus of the offense.

Wake up. Individually the OL of the Saints, Pats and Broncos aren't very good. They play together well as a unit though.

Jahri Evans and Ben Grubbs would start for the Steelers both at guard.

Ryan Clady would start for the Steelers at LT.

I'm not sure that any of the Pats OL could crack the Steelers starting lineup- maybe Solder.

People need to realise that the elite quarterbacks cover for their OL a TON with quick reads, audibles to elude blitzes and taking what is available.

The only elite qb who holds the ball longer than Roethlisberger is A Rodgers... and he gets sacked constantly. It isn't a coincidence.

Logan Mankins is no slouch.

lloydwoodson
03-21-2013, 11:41 PM
Logan Mankins is no slouch.

Willie Colon played more games than Mankins this year.

Mankins is 31 and has missed significant time with injuries over the last 3 years. No thanks.

I would take Ramon Foster at 1.4 million over a 10 million dollar cap hit for Mankins any day of the week.

VaDave
03-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Mankins has played more games than Colon over the last three years, PLUS, when healthy, plays at a much higher level than Foster.

That said, I have to agree that I'm skittish as well when it comes down to lost time over the last three years.

lloydwoodson
03-24-2013, 03:04 AM
Mankins has played more games than Colon over the last three years, PLUS, when healthy, plays at a much higher level than Foster.

That said, I have to agree that I'm skittish as well when it comes down to lost time over the last three years.

Mankins was a Probowl calibre player before the injuries though youre right. Every year some team is paying 10 million dollars to watch an injured star sit on the bench. Ouch.

acepilot1990
05-16-2013, 01:12 AM
I think i agree

Uptown Murf
05-19-2013, 09:54 PM
I happen to think Todd Haley is the truth. People misconstrue his "Dont give a flip' attitude as a negative thing. He will ride for his players. He's loyal like that...is scheme is way versatile, as he's been a premiere passing team, as well as a top flight run scheme..He's not afraid to challenge authority as well...Though the results aren't what people wanted, record wise - the offense looked real good imo. Injuries were the death of last season. This season will be different on offense. He is always good with using what he has..Matt Cassel looked like the truth with Haley as his HC/OC/QB coach in KC. Without Haley, Cassel looks like he should be selling cell phones at a Kiosk at the mall...

lloydwoodson
05-20-2013, 09:11 PM
I happen to think Todd Haley is the truth. People misconstrue his "Dont give a flip' attitude as a negative thing. He will ride for his players. He's loyal like that...is scheme is way versatile, as he's been a premiere passing team, as well as a top flight run scheme..He's not afraid to challenge authority as well...Though the results aren't what people wanted, record wise - the offense looked real good imo. Injuries were the death of last season. This season will be different on offense. He is always good with using what he has..Matt Cassel looked like the truth with Haley as his HC/OC/QB coach in KC. Without Haley, Cassel looks like he should be selling cell phones at a Kiosk at the mall...

This comment is the truth.

AlSwearengen
07-01-2013, 05:58 AM
With Ben and Haley getting on the same page, Steelers passing game should break out in a big way. Plus, all the advanced stats suggest Wallace was massively overrated. Sure, who buys the stats, but it could be interesting to see what Wheaton brings to the table. Love the rookies. I keep reading all this stuff about Bell and his absurd Agility Score for a big guy. What is he's our Doug Martin.

Ravens are going down, collapse-style.

BengalsOverload
07-25-2013, 06:03 PM
It will take more than an offensive coordinator to win this decade, get your wallet ready, refs look a little thirsty.

Buddha Bus
07-25-2013, 06:42 PM
It will take more than an offensive coordinator to win this decade, get your wallet ready, refs look a little thirsty.

Oh goody. A won nothing, bottom-feeding, pre-season Super Bowl champ following Bungals troll. Hooray for us. :facepalm:

We have a thread for you and your woeful brethren.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=11317

Get back to us once you're done reading that (if you can) and when your team has finally won..... anything. :coffee:

SteelCityMom
07-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Freaking Bungles fans.

Forever the pre-season champs.

GBMelBlount
07-25-2013, 11:23 PM

We played some pretty good Rosetta Ball until Ben was injured.

With another year of familiarity with the playbook and a healthy line this could be a breakout year for the offense.

Fire Haley
08-07-2013, 09:56 AM
Hire Arians!

lopanchein
08-11-2013, 12:35 PM
todd haley = 3yards and a cloud of dust
he would be a great OC in the big ten

Joelbushbaum
08-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Nice board. I just registered, and this is my first post. Haley's offense is antiquated and predictable. Ben's best stuff is no-huddle, 4 wide, and play action. You hardly see this in Haley's offense.

While the pre-season is just that, I noticed our long passing play was but 14 yards. By contrast the Giants had six players with longer pass receptions. Ben is right. Its dink and dunk, take two.

-JB

vasteeler
08-12-2013, 04:59 PM
haleys offense was working just fine until ben went down. with leftwich and batch anybody's offense is going to suffer

sluggermatt15
08-20-2013, 10:36 AM
The more I watch these games (even though they are preseason) I feel the worse the Steelers offense is. Makes me start to wonder if in fact Haley's system is fit for Pittsburgh's personnel and offensive philosophy. I might have to wait until the regular season to make a call one way or another. Last year I never thought this way.

Jazzo
08-20-2013, 04:02 PM
I am getting more and more irritated when I watch Haley's offensive play calling, especially in last night's game vs. the Skins. We finally draft a descent RB who has potential to be a future star and Haley is calling the game like it is a Pop Warner Jr. Pee Wee game running the ball 4 straight times! How more predictable can you be? Where is the balanced attack? Of course Bell won't stay healthy if he runs him 4 times in a row! The defense is just going to sell out and target our RB. I blame the injury on the play calling! What happened to playing chess trying to outsmart the opposing team? Try throwing it on 1st down once in awhile or at least mixing up the play calling.

synchxts
08-21-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm reserving judgment on Haley. This year wont be a good indicator as we have absolutely no talent at the offensive skill positions as well as an offensive line that looks amazingly worse than last year so far in the preseason. The lack of talent at WR, RB, and TE is what is going to kill this offense. I know a lot of people are high on Brown and Sanders, but I am not. Brown had an amazing decline in production after getting paid even while Ben was in there. We'll see about Sanders. I think many fans seem to think our front office is infallible in the draft and we are going to get top flight talent at RB and WR in the third round and beyond and that just isn't true. Most of the great WRs and RBs playing today were first or second round choices, mostly first rounders (Calvin, Fitz, Green, Jones, Peterson, Richardson, Spiller...all first round picks). We're going to be going in to this season with our top 3 WRs all at least 3rd round picks or higher. I don't care how good the front office is, they didn't get all starting talent there. Now I am not arrogant enough to say I know I am right, but I fear I am and I fear that you are going to see this offense struggle under a lack of talent. That's not Haley.

sluggermatt15
08-22-2013, 09:15 PM
I am getting more and more irritated when I watch Haley's offensive play calling, especially in last night's game vs. the Skins. We finally draft a descent RB who has potential to be a future star and Haley is calling the game like it is a Pop Warner Jr. Pee Wee game running the ball 4 straight times! How more predictable can you be? Where is the balanced attack? Of course Bell won't stay healthy if he runs him 4 times in a row! The defense is just going to sell out and target our RB. I blame the injury on the play calling! What happened to playing chess trying to outsmart the opposing team? Try throwing it on 1st down once in awhile or at least mixing up the play calling.

Well we'll see what Haley's got Saturday night. This is considered the "most important" preseason game. I would think we will get a good indication of what is to come this season. If it turns into what we saw against the Redskins, then yeah I agree with you, the offense won't be very dangerous. The last option for a team is to be predictable. Defensive players and coordinators aren't stupid. Once they figure that out, it does not bode well for the offense. I'm interested to see what the offensive gameplan will be. Do they throw it more? Are plays called based on the gameplan, or success on the field? :popcorn:

Kleeberg
09-08-2013, 03:39 PM
After watching today's game against the Titans, it's clear that Haley needs to go. His offense is awful. Just awful.

ZoneBlitzer
09-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Yes. It is time. It's either him or Mike.

FanSince72
09-08-2013, 04:25 PM
Get rid of this fucking moron!

Would someone like to tell me again about how shitty it was with Arians?
Five winning seasons, two SB appearances, one SB win.

Can anyone HONESTLY say that we have ANY chance of doing that with Haley?

princessmalissa
09-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Todd Haley is a Douche

princessmalissa
09-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Get rid of this fucking moron!

Would someone like to tell me again about how shitty it was with Arians?
Five winning seasons, two SB appearances, one SB win.

Can anyone HONESTLY say that we have ANY chance of doing that with Haley?

hell no, Not with Haley!

SteelCurtain5643
09-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Im really starting to want Cowher back, seems like he needs money, i mean hes doing Time Warner commercials

princessmalissa
09-08-2013, 04:39 PM

Let's look at the record, Mike won the youngest team head coach in NFL history. Todd lead a NFC championship team to utter destruction. Any questions?

Kleeberg
09-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Bringing Cowher back would be awesome.

Fire Haley
09-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Todd Haley is a Douche

goddammed right

I've been saying that forever - but still people was to suck his dick around here

all together now!

Fire Haley!

....the stink of losing never leaves him - I saw Tomlin screaming at him on the sidelines - if the Rooneys have any balls at all they will fire this useless jerk today

DO it!

..of course the Steelers F.O. deserves a big part of blame for listening to the fans and hiring this clod in the first place

princessmalissa
09-08-2013, 04:50 PM
goddammed right

I've been saying that forever - but still people was to suck his dick around here

all together now!

Fire Haley!

....the stink of losing never leaves him - I saw Tomlin screaming at him on the sidelines - if the Rooneys have any balls at all they will fire this useless jerk today

DO it!

..of course the Steelers F.O. deserves a big part of blame for listening to the fans and hiring this clod in the first place

THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING TRUTH!

therocksteeler
09-08-2013, 04:55 PM

Yesterday ...... When our troubles seemed so far away.....I just dream for Yesterday!

Fire Haley
09-08-2013, 04:56 PM

all together now!

Fire Haley!

DO it!

----------------------------------------

I speak nothing but the truth, sister

yea verily

Haley is a douche

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/GaiaBayz/todd-haley-animated-gif.gif

Fire Haley
09-08-2013, 05:04 PM

First things first

I want an on-line petition with 50,000 Steelers fans calling for Haley's firing on my desk by 8 am tomorrow morning

get cracking

Galax Steeler
09-08-2013, 05:04 PM
After watching today's game against the Titans, it's clear that Haley needs to go. His offense is awful. Just awful.

Why is it haleys faught that they can't protect the quarterback :noidea:

Galax Steeler
09-08-2013, 05:08 PM
Haleys faught t Ben throwed interception that turned into a touchdown. Haleys faught that Redman fumbled:noidea:

Galax Steeler
09-08-2013, 05:12 PM
:noidea:Haleys faught they couldn't run the ball

Fire Haley
09-08-2013, 05:15 PM
Todd Haley is a Douche

Well said

and yet I predict all his nut-hanging blind apologists will come running with a clown hat full of alibi's and excuses

you watch

all Ben haters too, mostly

3Rivers33
09-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Haley must go. The offense did not score until late in the 4th quarter, when it was meaningless. Haley is a curse. Let him go, preserve the franchise.

3Rivers33
09-08-2013, 05:34 PM
How has the coaching staff and management of this organization failed year after year to assemble an offensive line? The GM has to go. He is not bringing in the necessary players to fill the offensive needs. Ben has no support.

Lady Steel
09-08-2013, 06:08 PM
Dear Ben,

Please continue to run your own plays. It's when you move the ball best.

https://sphotos-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1233963_10151882675044905_485194604_n.jpg

ricardisimo
09-08-2013, 06:12 PM
I speak nothing but the truth, sister

yea verily

Haley is a douche

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/GaiaBayz/todd-haley-animated-gif.gif
You're responding to your own posts now, K? It must be lonely in the Gulf.

ricardisimo
09-08-2013, 06:13 PM
Hire Arians!
Arians did have the good sense to hire Rashard, so there's that, I guess.

Lady Steel
09-08-2013, 06:20 PM
:laughing: ricardisimo. You're on a roll!

Fire Haley
09-08-2013, 07:24 PM
Haley must go..

Hell ya!

and tell him to take his bland, boring, predictable, chickenshit, limpdick, vanilla pudding gameplan, roll it into a fine paper tube and shove it up his worthless ass

anybody with a lick of football sense should agree

Carolina Steelers
09-08-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm officially on the band wagon to fire Haley after last yr then preseason now 1st game of the yr can't believe how awful our offense looks.

Kleeberg
09-08-2013, 09:11 PM
:noidea:Haleys faught they couldn't run the ball

"Faught"? Whaaaat....

Lady Steel
09-08-2013, 09:12 PM
"Faught"? Whaaaat....

He's a Virginia Hillbilly. :chuckle:

Galax Steeler :hug:

therocksteeler
09-08-2013, 09:38 PM
I was really pulling for a one shed of logical play calling today...I really was. But when Todd Haley called an outlet pass on on like 3rd and 15 to go I was like what in the world. This is not Pop Warner guy...Titans ate our lunch wiped their mouth with our towel. I will say this Tomlin hit it on the head in his press conference "Coaching" was a problem. Yeah think there buddy? Hey Mike take those freaking aviators off and starting ripping out some hearts on your coaching staff then worry about the players. You picked them and now you have to coach them plain and simple. I played ball when the call comes in it comes in and you execute the play. I seen some mistakes but the calls that came into this game really left me thinking what in world are you thinking?

Confounding Factor
09-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Not calling for his head yet...

Fire Haley
09-08-2013, 09:45 PM
I'm officially on the band wagon to fire Haley - can't believe how awful our offense looks.

the truth shall set you free

oh yeah

Fire Arians!!!!

my ass

This is what you get people.

Enjoy your "Teach Ben a lesson" fucking dink&dunk - Haley has managed to destroy our offense and turn our 2 time SB winning QB into Bubby fucking Brister in a little over a year.

Daddymac10
09-08-2013, 10:08 PM
This guy make the Bruce Arians days the good ole days. At least we scored points under Bruce Arians..

zcoop
09-08-2013, 10:12 PM
We don't need to fire Haley, he just needs to mix this offense up a bit.

Hawaii 5-0
09-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Deion Sanders takes shot at Todd Haley

September 9th, 2013
Mark Kaboly | Tribune-Review

If it wasn’t bad enough that the Steelers offense was non-existent in a 16-9 loss to Tennessee Sunday afternoon, now a Hall-of-Famer is calling out offensive coordinator Todd Haley.

NFL Network analyst and co-host of NFL Gameday highlight show Deion Sanders put the majority of Sunday’s lackluster offensive performance by the Steelers on Haley.

“I am not concerned about the Steelers because of Mike Tomlin,” Sanders said. “(However,) I am concerned about their rushing attack (and) offensive coordinator Todd Haley. It seems as if every place he goes, this happens.”

There’s no denying that the Steelers offense looked out of sync and out of ideas by the second half, but putting the blame on Haley alone isn’t fair, and isn’t necessarily a correct place to put it.

Was it Haley’s fault that Isaac Redman fumbled what could’ve been a game-changing play into the end zone in the first quarter?

Was it Haley’s fault that Emmanuel Sanders dropped a pair of key passes?

And most of all, was it Haley’s fault that the offensive line that was provided to him by Tomlin and the front office couldn’t block anybody?

Let’s face it, Haley was very limited in what he could call because of the offensive line. Break down what you want, but it is truly that simple.

You can’t call a run play if there are no holes.

You can’t call a pass play if your quarterback keeps getting hammered.

I am sure there is enough blame to go around for this loss to the Titans, but Haley is way down on that list in my eyes.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2013/09/09/deion-sanders-takes-shot-at-todd-haley/#.Ui0qw_7U1R8.twitter

ZoneBlitzer
09-09-2013, 01:08 AM
We don't need to fire Haley, he just needs to mix this offense up a bit.

Being creative would go along way.

Do things like alter the tempo to keep their minds in the game.
Try early snaps, change the count. Put receivers in motion.
Run your best running plays, the ones where your line blocks the best. Just do it to see if they can stop it. If they do, take it outside and run off tackle or...

Throw on first down. Just come out throwing to loosen up the D for the run. Keep them guessing. Keep your own team guessing.

I liken it to an energy line in hockey. The line that sets the emotional and physical tone. Their usually stacked with hard working grinders who'll just give 'er to get 'er done.

THAT'S the attitude this Steelers offense needs. They're just not capable of executing straight up in a clinical manner. They don't have the smarts or attention to detail for that.
They need to play with fire, a sense of urgency, to fire up the crowd and lead their team.

Rileyfactor
09-09-2013, 01:24 AM
Was it Haleys fault that Ben gave a high handoff to the RB in the redzone? Its funny how everyone blames Wiz, Arians, haley, the line and we seldom blame the quarterback. Oh by the way, we have been a low scoring team in the whole Roethlisberger era. Lastly, isnt it ironic that Brady and Manning go through new OC after new OC, new system after new system and they dont miss a beat. Why is that? Why arent there fans blaming the OC year after year?

The correct quote by Sanders was "I DONT KNOW ABOUT OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND BIG BEN"

Fire Haley
09-09-2013, 05:24 AM
When do the alibi's and excuses end?

Fire Haley!

Haley carries the stink of losing around with him like Pigpen and his cloud of dust. How stupid do you have to be to design a running offense in a passing league?

I blame the F.O. too for trying to "Teach Ben a lesson" by firing Arians

and you can blame Pouncey's injury on Haley too - that zone blocking bullshit which is just another way of calling for cheap cut block shots at opponents knees - well that concept backfired too

Confounding Factor
09-09-2013, 07:34 AM
When do the alibi's and excuses end?

Fire Haley!

Haley carries the stink of losing around with him like Pigpen and his cloud of dust. How stupid do you have to be to design a running offense in a passing league?

I blame the F.O. too for trying to "Teach Ben a lesson" by firing Arians

and you can blame Pouncey's injury on Haley too - that zone blocking bullshit which is just another way of calling for cheap cut block shots at opponents knees - well that concept backfired too
:rofl:

★FALCON★
09-09-2013, 10:15 AM
First time poster here.

Yesterday's game had to be the worst I think I have ever seen. And I expected it after that miserable pre-season.

When is Trayvon Tomlin ever going to take any responsibility for this terrible team? I think they have been getting progressively worse since the last Super-Bowl loss. This just isn't an acceptable product.

If Trayvon Tomlin doesn't fire Haley - I think he'll be fired himself. Right now he has a scapegoat in Haley, but that won't last long if the horrendous play continues.

Lastly, another terrible press conference after the game. I wanted to throw a brick through my idiot box. So tired of Trayvon Tomlin's antics and unprofessional demeanor.

Lokki
09-09-2013, 11:23 AM
First time poster here.

Yesterday's game had to be the worst I think I have ever seen. And I expected it after that miserable pre-season.

When is Trayvon Tomlin ever going to take any responsibility for this terrible team? I think they have been getting progressively worse since the last Super-Bowl loss. This just isn't an acceptable product.

If Trayvon Tomlin doesn't fire Haley - I think he'll be fired himself. Right now he has a scapegoat in Haley, but that won't last long if the horrendous play continues.

Lastly, another terrible press conference after the game. I wanted to throw a brick through my idiot box. So tired of Trayvon Tomlin's antics and unprofessional demeanor.

Not sure what you're trying to get at with calling him Trayvon...

dustydusky
09-09-2013, 12:06 PM
Haley is one of the worst coordinators in the league...the only problem is it may be too late to fire him! How can you just bring in a new coordinator suddenly and teach everybody the system that quick?

South Burgh
09-09-2013, 12:08 PM

Seems racist to me. Sure, Tomlin is being exposed as a bum. But, there is no need to attack him for being African American.

South Burgh
09-09-2013, 12:11 PM
Haley is one of the worst coordinators in the league...the only problem is it may be too late to fire him! How can you just bring in a new coordinator suddenly and teach everybody the system that quick?

In reality, the Steelers can't or won't fire him this early into the season. But, it's just a matter of time if the losing continues. I think this season is lost anyway. Lack of talent, bad coaching all-around. And, now, injuries right out of the gate.

Rileyfactor
09-09-2013, 12:15 PM

Worst? Explain the offensive prowess of the Cardinals while he was the OC. Was that offense as bad as ours? Are you sure its Haley?

Course it is. Worth noting our offense didnt score points under Arians or Wisenhunt either. Dont you guys wonder how Manning and Brady can switch OC's and not miss a beat?

Why do we miss a beat? Is it the OC?

The line, the oc, the weather, the rooneys, Tomlin, Its everyone EXCEPT the obvious

dustydusky
09-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Our offense did much better under Arians! We had two receivers over 1000 yards. We moved the ball. We can't move the ball now. Our running backs get 1 or 2 yards a carry yet we continue to try to do that. Watch the Patriots they throw 70% of the time and if they adjust to that, that's when they start to run it and exploit it. We need to realize the league is much more pass happy now. We need to follow with it.

Fire Haley
09-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Our offense did much better under Arians! We had two receivers over 1000 yards. We moved the ball. We can't move the ball now. Our running backs get 1 or 2 yards a carry yet we continue to try to do that. Watch the Patriots they throw 70% of the time and if they adjust to that, that's when they start to run it and exploit it. We need to realize the league is much more pass happy now. We need to follow with it.

Church!

Fire Arians
09-09-2013, 02:37 PM

roethlisberger would get sacked 90 times a season if we had the same game plan as the patriots. they can do it because brady has forever and a day to throw the ball. ben ddoesn't have that liberty

my main gripe with the personell decisions is where the hell was felix jones? give the start to redman, who hasn't played more than 2 downs in the preseason and probably rusty / not in game shape? yeah lets pound the rock with a 180 lb running back.. and he's injured for the season, who didnt see that coming?

Kleeberg
09-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Worst? Explain the offensive prowess of the Cardinals while he was the OC. Was that offense as bad as ours? Are you sure its Haley?

Course it is. Worth noting our offense didnt score points under Arians or Wisenhunt either. Dont you guys wonder how Manning and Brady can switch OC's and not miss a beat?

The line, the oc, the weather, the rooneys, Tomlin, Its everyone EXCEPT the obvious

Lets be honest here...#7 is the only reason the Steelers score any points this year. He's the best (or 2nd best) Steelers QB of all time.

Fire Haley
09-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I know you weren't born then, but you spoiled Ben haters really need to grow up and find some game tape of Bubby Brister, Kent Graham, Kordell Stewart and Mike Tomczak in the 90's.

you won't ever talk bad about Ben again

Kleeberg
09-09-2013, 06:11 PM
I know you weren't born then, but you spoiled Ben haters really need to grow up and find some game tape of Bubby Brister, Kent Graham, Kordell Stewart and Mike Tomczak in the 90's.

you won't ever talk bad about Ben again

Agreed. After his first year as starting QB, those later Slash years make me shudder. Brister and Tomczak...:banging:

Ricco Suavez
09-09-2013, 06:38 PM

Warner thrived in the quick dink and dunk, who wouldn't with Boldin and Fitz to throw at and watch them take it to the house for you. Both were number 1 WR and both were surehanded and physical. Ben hits his scatbacks and they are taken down immediately or they can't shake a corner loose at the line or they drop it. Haley at KC had a running game that was near the top in the league and any QB will benefit from a good run game. BTW did you just join so you could bash Ben in every thread or do you really want to discuss Steeler Football?

zcoop
09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Church!

Out

Killer, you on fire. :chuckle:

Hawaii 5-0
09-10-2013, 12:35 AM
Todd Haley’s Dink-and-Dunk Offense Continues to Depress

BY SEAN CONBOY

Week 1 recap: Well, that was a mess.

Hell is a third-and-long bubble screen.

Yes, the Steelers were manhandled at home by the team that gave up the most points in the NFL last season. And yes, Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey’s season is likely over after tearing his ACL and MCL in a case of friendly-fire. And yes, the Steelers did not have single rushing first down.

Sure, that’s all enough to inspire even the most enlightened, far-sighted and reasonable Steelers fan call in to their favorite radio station and have a borderline-epileptic neurological event that sounds something like, “Der should fahr dat coach Tumlins.”

Inane rage-blindness aside, here’s a more telling visual for the state of the Steelers right now: In the second quarter, the Steelers had the ball near midfield. It was 3rd and 11. Roethlisberger lined up in the shotgun, presumably readying to do what he does best in 3rd-and-long situations — buy time in the pocket, extend the play, scramble away from pressure if necessary and throw the ball down field.

It’s the classic Roethlisberger formula. Unfortunately, we’ve seen very little this impromptu brilliance under offensive coordinator Todd Haley’s frustrating and at times stupefying reign. There would be no ramshackle Roethlisberger magic on Sunday.

Needing 11 yards to keep a vital drive alive, Roethlisberger instead threw a bubble screen — yes, a bubble screen — to Emmanuel Sanders. The play went for negative-two yards.

Coming off the field, Roethlisberger looked worse than pissed off. He looked totally exasperated.

In theory, Haley’s offensive philosophy sounds just fine: Take the pressure off of your beaten-up, 31-year-old franchise quarterback by employing a more high-percentage short passing game. This is the sales pitch that won Haley the job.

There’s just one problem: Roethlisberger is not like Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees. He’s nothing like Kurt Warner, the quarterback Haley had the most success coaching. Roethlisberger is a different football brain with a very different set of strengths. And yet Haley didn’t seem to consider this very important nuance when he arrived in Pittsburgh. Instead of working closely with Roethlisberger to create a hybrid playbook that made the Steelers' veteran receivers comfortable and gave Roethlisberger room to be creative (his greatest strength), Haley installed in his own playbook and terminology with zero collaboration.

“I joke and say that my final paper for Miami [of Ohio] on Tibet was a lot easier than the Rosetta Stone we’re doing now here,” Roethlisberger said when Haley first came to town in May 2012. Even when Haley’s plays were identical to Bruce Arians’ old plays, Haley insisted that the Steelers use his terminology.

Roethlisberger on Haley’s philosophy:

“We would say, 'Oh, we know this play, it's the same thing we had, but it's called completely different.' So why not call it the same thing? So there was a lot of frustration with that.”

Three weeks into the 2012 season, Roethlisberger had already started using plays from Arians’ old playbook in a loss to the Oakland Raiders. When asked why he decided to use those plays during the no-huddle offense late in the game, Roethlisberger sniped, “Because they were going to be open, and they worked every time I did, so that was good."

So that was good. Hoo, boy.

On Sunday, the Steelers had their only offensive success late in the fourth quarter with Roethlisberger in the no-huddle. This time he didn’t say whether or not he went off-playbook.

Does it matter? In the words of the great philosopher Chris Rock, “If you just broke up with your girlfriend, you’ve been breaking up for six months.”

These two are like the sad-sack couple passive-aggressively sniping at one another in the food court of your local IKEA. It’s been over since the day Haley walked into the Steelers’ practice facility with zero Super Bowl rings on his hand and zero desire to compromise.

Check out this quote from Haley in an ESPN fluff piece on how much the Haley-Roethlisberger relationship has “evolved” since last season. This appeared the day before the Steelers went out and laid an egg against the NFL’s worst defense at Heinz Field:

“Change isn't always easy. It isn't always comfortable, but if it's seen as a necessity then it has to happen,” Haley said. “I think that process has gone along, and we're much further ahead at this point than we were a year and a half ago.”

Wow, they sound like best buds! It reads like an Anthony Weiner apology speech.

And what’s with this: Seen as a necessity? Who exactly saw this change in offensive philosophy as a necessity?

If it was to prolong Roethlisberger’s career, it isn’t working. He was sacked five times on Sunday. And even if he keeps his jersey clean, what’s the point of five more seasons in an anemic offense that doesn't play to his strengths?

Bummed-out Steelers fans who had the courage to tune in to the 4:45 game between the 49ers and Packers must have felt like they were watching a different sport entirely. Both teams finished the game with 23 first downs. The Steelers managed 13 on Sunday.

Mike Tomlin loves reminding everyone that the NFL is a results business.

Well, here’s Haley’s bottom line:

Under Arians in 2011, the Steelers were 12th in the NFL in total offense.

Under Haley in 2012, they dropped to 21st.

2013 was supposed to be different. Week 1 certainly was. The offense wasn’t just out of sync. It wasn’t confused or off-kilter. It was simply flat-out depressing.

Look around the league. Quarterbacks with half of Roethlisberger’s talent are consistently throwing for 350 yards under the NFL’s new passer-friendly contact rules. “Genius” offensive coordinators are a dime a dozen. Elite quarterbacks come along once in a lifetime (literally in the case of Jets, Bills, Raiders and Browns fans).

At best, the Steelers have five more seasons of Roethlisberger in his prime. They can’t afford to waste even one of those seasons throwing bubble screens.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/September-2013/Todd-Haleys-Dink-and-Dunk-Offense-Continues-to-Depress/berg.jpg

jacobo
09-10-2013, 12:38 AM
play calling is the biggest thing haley is missing. let ben run the entire system that haley installed and we'd have a fine offense.

islandsnow
09-10-2013, 03:57 AM
Haley taught ben that high handoff.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

JewniorGong
09-10-2013, 03:21 PM
Trayvon Tomlin? Can someone ban that guy?

Anyway.. Haley is a problem for trying to force a running offense into a passing league, not to mention with a horrible offensive line and slow footed RBs. Also for not capitalizing on Ben's skills

But let's be real here for a minute. There is a lot more blame to go around, namely Tomlin and his piss poor development of draft picks his entire tenure here, and Ben for his proven ability to keep us in the 20s in the league in scoring throughout his career, despite everyone unanimously crowning him a "franchise" QB.

Fire Haley
09-11-2013, 07:24 AM
If I was old man Rooney I'd fire Haley immediately and hire Charlie Batch as our OC.

He knows more about Steelers football and our offense than that dipshit.

FanSince72
09-11-2013, 11:33 AM
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag37/JPsuff/rosettaplaybook3_zps2e7577e9.jpg

Hawaii 5-0
09-11-2013, 04:05 PM
http://uglyfours.com/storage/HALEYNAAB.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=137494725 2762

Buddha Bus
09-11-2013, 04:28 PM
First time poster here.

Lame race-bait.

Bad enough you used that name to attempt to racially degrade a guy, but 3 times to boot. Stupid.

Hopefully you'll graduate to last time poster.

FanSince72
09-11-2013, 04:44 PM
First time poster here.

Let me guess...

you're just killing time because your sheet and pointy hat are still in the dryer?

Another fine example of too much chlorine in the gene pool.

teegre
09-11-2013, 04:58 PM
First time poster here.

sloppyjoe... is that you?

Buddha Bus
09-11-2013, 05:00 PM
sloppyjoe... is that you?

Nope. Clearly TAPES18N1.

teegre
09-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Nope. Clearly TAPES18N1.

TAPES18N1 would not have stopped at race-baiting; he absolutely would have mentioned how awesome Hitler was.

Ergo, for once, I have to disagree with you, brother.

It's sloppyjoe.

(:wink02:)

Buddha Bus
09-11-2013, 05:07 PM
TAPES18N1 would not have stopped at race-baiting; he absolutely would have mentioned how awesome Hitler was.

Ergo, for once, I have to disagree with you, brother.

It's sloppyjoe.

(:wink02:)

Gif him time. He's vorking up to zee big payoff. :wink02:

Hawaii 5-0
09-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Todd Haley: “Chiefs Suck!”

Sep 11th, 2013 by Ben Nielsen

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/220/files/2013/09/DeadspinToddHaley-590x789.jpg

Someone is still bitter about their time in Kansas City.

Deadspin received a tip that Todd Haley signed an autograph for a fan with the inscription, “Chiefs Suck” on it.
Here’s a bit of the story from the reader.

I approached him giving him some story of how my fiancee’s dad has been a huge fan since he was Head Coach of his favorite football team, the Kansas City Chiefs. He said thanks, and then proceeded to sign the napkin with his name and the phrase; “Go Steelers!” “Chiefs Suck!” I thanked him numerous times and then asked if I could buy him a drink (he had a Bud Light in front of him). He said no thanks, but the woman he was with told me that I could buy her one. Having no idea who she was I said, “heck no” and walked away.

RIght back at ya, Todd.

http://kckingdom.com/2013/09/11/kansas-city-chiefs-todd-haley-chiefs-suck/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=Hot%2BTopics

ricardisimo
09-15-2013, 01:45 PM
First time poster here.

Not a great first post. I'd like for you to go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.
I think we all know what he's trying to get at.
Lame race-bait.

Bad enough you used that name to attempt to racially degrade a guy, but 3 times to boot. Stupid.

Hopefully you'll graduate to last time poster.
Agreed.

Confounding Factor
09-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Trayvon Tomlin? What in the hell?

Rileyfactor
09-16-2013, 10:35 AM
If Ben would LISTEN to his coach and STAY IN THE POCKET he will see how much easier it is to see the field. He is so used to leaving the pocket pre maturely. This is a linemans nightmare, it causes the defender to go with Ben. This causes the OLineman to automatically grab (holding). I GUARANTEE they hate blocking for Ben. His style makes it hard on a Ol

Rileyfactor
09-16-2013, 10:36 AM
Trayvon? Really?

steelfury02
09-16-2013, 11:31 AM
Treyvon? Uh, oh Bart - I think Mongos taking a liking to you!
http://filmfanatic.org/reviews/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Blazing-Saddles-Little-Wilder.png

IowaSteeler927
09-17-2013, 03:08 AM
If Ben would LISTEN to his coach and STAY IN THE POCKET he will see how much easier it is to see the field. He is so used to leaving the pocket pre maturely. This is a linemans nightmare, it causes the defender to go with Ben. This causes the OLineman to automatically grab (holding). I GUARANTEE they hate blocking for Ben. His style makes it hard on a Ol

Sorry but this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We've won two Super Bowls with Ben extending plays and running around to find open receivers. It's a defenders worst nightmare because it gives the receivers more chances to run around and get open. It makes it hard to defend from the corner position. Our offensive line can't block well enough for Ben to be a pocket passer anyway. When he tries to do it he ends up getting creamed more often than not.

islandsnow
09-17-2013, 04:32 AM
At this rate Haley will write Steelers suck on a napkin too

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Stay in the pocket? With that offensive line? lol

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Sorry but this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. We've won two Super Bowls with Ben extending plays and running around to find open receivers. It's a defenders worst nightmare because it gives the receivers more chances to run around and get open. It makes it hard to defend from the corner position. Our offensive line can't block well enough for Ben to be a pocket passer anyway. When he tries to do it he ends up getting creamed more often than not.

Then every OC is DUMB For not teaching their qbs to play like Ben. How come qb coaches dont teach Ben's style in camps? I'lll tell you why, it doesnt bare positives results on a consistent basis. The line looked fine to me. Its funny you glossed over all of those errant passes by Ben. I guess that was Haleys fault right? How about that last pick? I'm sure you will blam Cothery for not being 6 foot 6 in order to catch that horrible pass. How about all of those long passes that Ben led the wr out of bounds. The guy has about as much touch as a heavy handed boxer. You are so SMART for wanting a 30 year old qb running around like Johnny football. SIGH

Fire Haley
09-17-2013, 10:45 AM
Haley's bland boring vanilla predictable offense was called out on national tee-vee by Gruden - you know the Rooney's were watching

0-4 - I say they yank him during the bye

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Stay in the pocket? With that offensive line? lol

The offensive line is the montra of all the robots in the Steeler Nation. No one (except a few of us) has the guts to TELL THE TRUTH. Please point out the play that went poorly when Ben actually stayed in the pocket. When Ben stays in the pocket, the line is great. The problems arise when he leaves the pocket prematurely..

So PLEASE name the play where the line broke down while Ben was in the pocket.

Go

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Pocket? What fucking pocket? :noidea:

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Haley's bland boring vanilla predictable offense was called out on national tee-vee by Gruden - you know the Rooney's were watching

0-4 - I say they yank him during the bye

I called it. You guys would blame the line Aians, Tomlin, Haley, wrs

EVERYONE EXCEPT BEN

:tt04:

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Pocket? What fucking pocket? :noidea:

Its unfortunate that you are blind in one eye and cant see out of the other

casteeler
09-17-2013, 10:49 AM
What happens when Haley is fired (it's coming soon) and the Steelers still stink? No one would ever dreams that the problem could be Tomlin, this team lacks so much more than just offensive fire power/effectiveness. The coaching stinks period

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Its unfortunate that you are blind in one eye and cant see out of the other

And it's unfortunate you are dumb in one brain cell and dead in the other. :thumbsup:

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:54 AM
And it's unfortunate you are dumb in one brain cell and dead in the other. :thumbsup:

Its unfortunate that you are being exposed as an ignoramus.

Blame the line, Tomln, wrs, Arians, Cowher, Haley, Wiz

EVERYONE EXCEPT BEN

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 10:55 AM
The offensive line is the montra of all the robots in the Steeler Nation. No one (except a few of us) has the guts to TELL THE TRUTH. Please point out the play that went poorly when Ben actually stayed in the pocket. When Ben stays in the pocket, the line is great. The problems arise when he leaves the pocket prematurely..

So PLEASE name the play where the line broke down while Ben was in the pocket.

Go

I won't tell you until you apologize for personally insulting me, you dipstick.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:56 AM

Translation: I cant find such a play.

Let me help you, there were NO plays

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 10:56 AM

:toofunny:

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Its unfortunate that you are being exposed as an ignoramus.

Blame the line, Tomln, wrs, Arians, Cowher, Haley, Wiz

EVERYONE EXCEPT BEN

We'll admit that Ben stinks as soon as you admit the OL, Mike "Rooney Rule" Tomlin, and the rest of the gang stink as well. Deal, chump?

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Its Todd Haleys fault because Ben has zero touch on his long passes? Its Haleys fault that we sucked on 3rd down? Its Haley fault that Ben has ALWAYS been an undeachiever.

Last question: When was the last time that Ben led a comeback win?

Haleys fault

Fire Haley
09-17-2013, 10:58 AM
What happens when Haley is fired (it's coming soon) and the Steelers still stink? No one would ever dreams that the problem could be Tomlin, this team lacks so much more than just offensive fire power/effectiveness. The coaching stinks period

baby steps

Get rid of the stink of losing first

Fire Haley!

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Wait till the Steelers let Ben open it up and pass. Then you will see how LIMITED this quarterback really is.
Ben is GOOD he is not ELITE. It will all come to pass. I cant wait to see the

EXCUSES

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Its Todd Haleys fault because Ben has zero touch on his long passes? Its Haleys fault that we sucked on 3rd down? Its Haley fault that Ben has ALWAYS been an undeachiever.

Last question: When was the last time that Ben led a comeback win?

Haleys fault

Ben an underachiever? Helped take the Steelers to 3 Super Bowls.

FanSince72
09-17-2013, 11:05 AM

Nothing!

Because they completely fucked up the chemistry this team had when they dumped Arians.
No he wasn't an offensive genius.
No he wasn't an "X's and O's" guy.

But he WAS a guy who understood Ben and allowed him to be himself and that in turn led to a pretty solid working relationship with his receivers and that in turn led to "W's".
Like I've said many times, it rarely looked pretty and it never scored big in the stats but Arians' offenses got done what needed to be done, when it needed doing because as crummy as it looked -- everyone worked well together and Ben was allowed to be the freelancer he is.

Haley is trying to turn Ben into some robot and he's destroyed the chemistry of the entire offense.
I'd bet that if they fired Haley tomorrow, there'd be at least a dozen guys begging to be the one to slam the door behind him as he left.

Ben is an improv guy and that's what's made him famous and it's what he does best. You can't try to turn someone into a utility vehichle when they've been a sports car all his life and that's what Haley's trying to do.

Arians was Ben's sounding board / father figure / co-conspirator.
Ben could talk with him when things broke down and they'd figure out what to do together and it didn't always look good but most of the time it worked.

But Haley wants Ben to do whatever he tells him to do and his ego won't allow a lowly quarterback to tell HIM what to do even if that quarterback is right.
Haley is the kind of guy who would stand behind a famous artist and try to tell him how to move the brush while Arians was a guy who would hand him the paints and the brushes and say, "Paint me something beautiful".

You can't just hire that kind of camaraderie and you can't send out for chemistry -- that has to happen on its own like it did when BA was here and though there may be another OC out there who recognizes that and would work to get that going again -- I guarantee you that Haley is NOT that guy -- period!

Get rid of Haley sooner rather than later or we're done -- not just for this season but for a long time to come.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Ben an underachiever? Helped take the Steelers to 3 Super Bowls.

Uh the DEFENSE DID. Funny Ben's teammates dont feel the same. Guys that TAKE their teams" are team MVPs. How come Ben hasnt been?

Ben won a SB while creating 23 turnovers in 08. 17 TDs

Ben is 10-3 with 20 TDS and 17 INTS

Sorry hes a game manager plus

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Nothing!

Because they completely fucked up the chemistry this team had when they dumped Arians.
No he wasn't an offensive genius.
No he wasn't an "X's and O's" guy.

But he WAS a guy who understood Ben and allowed him to be himself and that in turn led to a pretty solid working relationship with his receivers and that in turn led to "W's".
Like I've said many times, it rarely looked pretty and it never scored big in the stats but Arians' offenses got done what needed to be done, when it needed doing because as crummy as it looked -- everyone worked well together and Ben was allowed to be the freelancer he is.

Haley is trying to turn Ben into some robot and he's destroyed the chemistry of the entire offense.
I'd bet that if they fired Haley tomorrow, there'd be at least a dozen guys begging to be the one to slam the door behind him as he left.

Ben is an improv guy and that's what's made him famous and it's what he does best. You can't try to turn someone into a utility vehichle when they've been a sports car all his life and that's what Haley's trying to do.

Arians was Ben's sounding board / father figure / co-conspirator.
Ben could talk with him when things broke down and they'd figure out what to do together and it didn't always look good but most of the time it worked.

But Haley wants Ben to do whatever he tells him to do and his ego won't allow a lowly quarterback to tell HIM what to do even if that quarterback is right.
Haley is the kind of guy who would stand behind a famous artist and try to tell him how to move the brush while Arians was a guy who would hand him the paints and the brushes and say, "Paint me something beautiful".

You can't just hire that kind of camaraderie and you can't send out for chemistry -- that has to happen on its own like it did when BA was here and though there may be another OC out there who recognizes that and would work to get that going again -- I guarantee you that Haley is NOT that guy -- period!

Get rid of Haley sooner rather than later or we're done -- not just for this season but for a long time to come.

Arians was the OC when Ben sucked in 08. He was the OC in 09 when we missed the playoffs. He was the OC when Ben put up 20 TDS AND 17 INTS in the playoffs.

MAKE ALL THE EXCUSES YOU WANT. BEN IS NOT THAT GOOD. FACT

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 11:10 AM
Uh the DEFENSE DID. Funny Ben's teammates dont feel the same. Guys that TAKE their teams" are team MVPs. How come Ben hasnt been?

He did it in the Arizona Super Bowl.

FanSince72
09-17-2013, 11:11 AM

Please stop with "Defense did it" bullshit already!

The defense did what it was SUPPOSED to do!
You don't deserve all kinds of special awards or get placed on a pedestal for doing your fucking job!

Defenses -- not just LeBeau's defenses -- but ALL defenses are supposed to cause turnovers, get it?
That's why they're out on the field in the first place.

So yes, those defenses did their job, and BEN did the rest!

That's why it's called a TEAM!

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:11 AM
He did it in the Arizona Super Bowl.

And Tone was the MVP and not Ben. Because Tone had elite stats and Ben did not.

As well as Ben's D played we should have blew the cards out. Our offense has ALWAYS sucked in the Ben era. FACT

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Please stop with "Defense did it" bullshit already!

The defense did what it was SUPPOSED to do!
You don't deserve all kinds of special awards or get placed on a pedestal for doing your fucking job!

Defenses -- not just LeBeau's defenses -- but ALL defenses are supposed to cause turnovers, get it?
That's why they're out on the field in the first place.

So yes, those defenses did their job, and BEN did the rest!

That's why it's called a TEAM!

The Defense is ELITE year in and year out. Is Ben?

LOL
Ben is not elite and his PEERS continue to tell us that in every poll. WHY do they consistently Vote Ben so low?

Because Ben is inconsistent

Buddha Bus

As well as Ben's D played we should have blew the cards out. Our offense has ALWAYS sucked in the Ben era. FACT

Ummmm.... you do realize that Ben was the one throwing the ball to Holmes right? :doh:

FanSince72
Arians was the OC when Ben sucked in 08. He was the OC in 09 when we missed the playoffs. He was the OC when Ben put up 20 TDS AND 17 INTS in the playoffs.

No, Ben is human.

But YOU apparently will settle nothing less than PERFECT and that's just a delusional fantasy because it's not possible to be perfect all the time.

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 11:14 AM

Now, you're just reaching. Get back to us when Todd Haley actually wins something. Be warned, that day may never come.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Ummmm.... you do realize that Ben was the one throwing the ball to Holmes right? :doh:

So Ben is great due to ONE throw?

Ok

Name a good throw from last night.

I'll wait

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 11:16 AM
So Ben is great due to ONE throw?

Ok

Name a good throw from last night.

I'll wait

We're not talking about last night, genius. You wanted to talk about Holmes and last I checked he didn't make any catches for the Steelers last night either. Tell, me, Einstein... what has Holmes done since leaving Ben and the Steelers? Now there's a question.

FanSince72
09-17-2013, 11:18 AM

Ben by himself is just one person.

But when BA was here the offense was a team.
Today, it's just Ben and ten other guys who play against other teams but really don't look much like one themselves.

All we did when BA was here was win.

All we've done since he left and Haley stepped in is lose.

Doesn't that tell you anything or are you too busy looking up "stats" to somehow prove whatever point you think you're making?

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:19 AM
No, Ben is human.

But YOU apparently will settle nothing less than PERFECT and that's just a delusional fantasy because it's not possible to be perfect all the time.

I never said he has to perfect. I will settle for CONSISTENCY. Ben has played 10 years can you show me where he has EVER put together a string of 4 elite games in a row???

I challenge you

FanSince72
09-17-2013, 11:20 AM
I never said he has to perfect. I will settle for CONSISTENCY. Ben has played 10 years can you show me where he has EVER put together a string of 4 elite games in a row???

I challenge you

Cincinnati - Indy - Denver and Seattle.

Oh yeah! There was some hardware involved with that at the end too.

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:21 AM
We're not talking about last night, genius. You wanted to talk about Holmes and last I checked he didn't make any catches for the Steelers last night either. Tell, me, Einstein... what has Holmes done since leaving Ben and the Steelers? Now there's a question.

What has Ben done since Tone left the Steelers? Tone isnt a top 5 wr. YOU SAY Ben is so answer the question.

NAME A GOOD PASS FROM LAST NIGHT

WHY DO YOU HESITATE?

LOL

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Ben by himself is just one person.

But when BA was here the offense was a team.
Today, it's just Ben and ten other guys who play against other teams but really don't look much like one themselves.

All we did when BA was here was win.

All we've done since he left and Haley stepped in is lose.

Doesn't that tell you anything or are you too busy looking up "stats" to somehow prove whatever point you think you're making?

SHOW ME one post from YOU backing Arians when he was here.

i will wait

South Burgh
09-17-2013, 11:22 AM
3 Super Bowl appearance and 2 rings in 7 years. I'll take that.
Do you think this would have happened if the Steelers still had the likes of Cordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Bubby Brister, and Neil O'Donnell at the helm?

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Cincinnati - Indy - Denver and Seattle.

Oh yeah! There was some hardware involved with that at the end too.

Seattle? He had a 22 rating vs Seattle! Elite?

LOL

I proved my point YOU CANT DO IT

Rileyfactor
09-17-2013, 11:24 AM
3 Super Bowl appearance and 2 rings in 7 years. I'll take that.
Do you think this would have happened if the Steelers still had the likes of Cordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, Bubby Brister, and Neil O'Donnell at the helm?

The quarterbacks you mentioned are BACKUPS. Congrats Ben is better than a bunch of Backups

Buddha Bus
09-17-2013, 11:25 AM
What has Ben done since Tone left the Steelers? Tone isnt a top 5 wr. YOU SAY Ben is so answer the question.

NAME A GOOD PASS FROM LAST NIGHT

WHY DO YOU HESITATE?

LOL

Are you retarded? Where did I say that Ben is a top 5 QB right now? Are you carrying on different conversations in your deluded pea-brain with imaginary people?

I admitted in several threads today that BEN DID NOT PLAY WELL, stupid. I have not once hesitated to say it either. Since when does a guy having a bad game dictate him being burned at the stake?

You are a spoiled rotten brat with a serious brain dysfunction and low reading comprehension. Seek help.