PDA

View Full Version : Steelers-Giants Opening Day?

Steel-Bryan
02-06-2012, 10:27 PM
I get the Feeling that the season opener for the 2012 season is going to be Steelers vs the Giants. I know the game is 7 months away, but what do you guys think?

tony hipchest
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM
that would kick ass and make the most sense. with that being said, goodell will suck off jerry jones and probably give him the limelight (even though the cowboys suck and haven been relevant for nearly 2 decades).

BLACK_AND_YELLOW
02-06-2012, 10:57 PM
I get the Feeling that the season opener for the 2012 season is going to be Steelers vs the Giants. I know the game is 7 months away, but what do you guys think?

I think it wiil be Green Bay vs Giants

Edman
02-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Packers vs. Giants is more likely a TNF opener. Two of the previous SB champs. They did it last year with Saints vs. Packers.

StainlessStill
02-06-2012, 11:07 PM
I don't think it'll be the Packers. Obviously, it would be a great opening football game to start the season, but the Packers opened last season and FAILED to complete their seemingly unbeatable season.

I think the Steelers/Giants would be off the charts.

GMU Steeler
02-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Perhaps Giants-New Orleans. I'd be happy with this though. I think it would be a fun game to watch.

Steel-Bryan
02-06-2012, 11:17 PM
well the steelers play the giants in NY every 8 years, so... they should consider that. Same for the ravens

Steel-Bryan
02-06-2012, 11:18 PM
Nevermind the Giants play at baltimore haha

AgentGold007
02-06-2012, 11:48 PM
They'll probably get a cupcake team to start the year off with, like the Browns or someone.

jjpro11
02-07-2012, 02:19 AM
i hope it's not the Steelers. let the Packers have the game. they've been having the Super Bowl champions host the Thursday night kickoff game since 2004.. the home team has never lost. it's not impossible to go in there and win.. but there just seems to be an extra kick of motivation these teams get hosting the game.

TRH
02-07-2012, 07:12 AM
it surely won't be the Patriots.

They'll play the Rams or something.

steelerchad
02-07-2012, 07:49 AM
There are a lot of good possibilities.
Packers
Saints
Cowboys
Eagles
Skins
Steelers

I doubt it will be us and I hope it's not. I'd like to open up Sunday afternoon at home.

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 08:29 AM
If you mean season opener, it'd be GIants and Patriots. Don't they usually open things up with a Super Bowl rematch?

steelerchad
02-07-2012, 08:50 AM
If you mean season opener, it'd be GIants and Patriots. Don't they usually open things up with a Super Bowl rematch?

They don't play next year.

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2012, 09:24 AM
that would kick ass and make the most sense. with that being said, goodell will suck off jerry jones and probably give him the limelight (even though the cowboys suck and haven been relevant for nearly 2 decades).

Fox already was chapped that Giants-Cowboys was flexed to NBC to end last season

Steelers have to be on the short list for the thursday night opener

BKAnthem
02-07-2012, 10:36 AM
If that's the game and that O line doesn't change...Ben will be killed

Rick5895
02-07-2012, 11:07 AM

With our new OC I see some changes to our OL. Even if our OL resembles last season we will likely have an NFL offense. Not the Arians playground version we have become accustomed to.

Fire Arians
02-07-2012, 11:53 AM
With our new OC I see some changes to our OL. Even if our OL resembles last season we will likely have an NFL offense. Not the Arians playground version we have become accustomed to.

Bruce "we didn't practice against a 4-3" Arians
Bruce "we don't gameplan against players, only scheme" Arians
Bruce "we didn't practice any of those running plays" Arians

stb_steeler
02-07-2012, 05:11 PM

You would think but not always. The Steelers opened up thursday night with Miami after the won SB XL....

Atlanta Dan
02-07-2012, 05:48 PM

No worrries - Willie Colon will be back

tanda10506
02-09-2012, 05:14 AM
No worrries - Willie Colon will be back

Lol, did you forget a sarcasm icon or something?

fujirama24
02-09-2012, 07:05 AM
I'm sorry but in case you haven't noticed. The NFL week #1 is usually AFC VS AFC Teams and NFC vs NFC teams. They usually don't do AFC vs NFC to open the season. I can see the steelers opening up agains either a division foe or maybe KC or Denver. They usually try to keep the big games for the rest of the season. They know we will show up for the opener since it is the start of the season.

Rick5895
02-09-2012, 09:15 AM
Everybody has there opinions. I think, as far as thre NFL goes, this would be a dream matchup. 2 teams that have won 4 super bowls since 2005, two QB's from the same 2004 draft class and two organizations that have a strong history and are linked as family ownership.
What a better place to start our run to our 7th super bowl championship than an opening night win vs the super bowl champs!!

:tt04:

Bayz101
02-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Four Super Bowl's since 2005?

I'm assuming you meant combined.

Bayz101
02-09-2012, 09:26 AM
What am I talking about, of course you meant combined :doh:

GMU Steeler
02-09-2012, 09:55 AM
I'm sorry but in case you haven't noticed. The NFL week #1 is usually AFC VS AFC Teams and NFC vs NFC teams. They usually don't do AFC vs NFC to open the season. I can see the steelers opening up agains either a division foe or maybe KC or Denver. They usually try to keep the big games for the rest of the season. They know we will show up for the opener since it is the start of the season.

Yeah you're right. I think we get them on a nationally televised game though. Would be a great late fall/early winter game since the Giants are also a team that likes playing in the cold too and in fact that's why I liked their chances against Green Bay.

Bayz101
02-09-2012, 10:05 AM
Yeah you're right. I think we get them on a nationally televised game though. Would be a great late fall/early winter game since the Giants are also a team that likes playing in the cold too and in fact that's why I liked their chances against Green Bay.

Oh yeah, we'll get the Giants on prime time. Super Bowl winning teams usually get plenty of exposure.

GMU Steeler
02-09-2012, 10:13 AM
Oh yeah, we'll get the Giants on prime time. Super Bowl winning teams usually get plenty of exposure.

Yep, the story line too. Him and Ben being from the same class, 2 SBs between the two teams with their current QBs, etc. And it was a good game last time too that we unfortunately didn't come out on top in. As I recall though, Greg Warren got hurt, and we had to use James Harrison as a long snapper and that played a huge role in that game.

Bayz101
02-09-2012, 10:15 AM
Yep, the story line too. Him and Ben being from the same class, 2 SBs between the two teams with their current QBs, etc. And it was a good game last time too that we unfortunately didn't come out on top in. As I recall though, Greg Warren got hurt, and we had to use James Harrison as a long snapper and that played a huge role in that game.

Yeah I think he snapped the ball plum over the punter's head :chuckle:

jjpro11
02-11-2012, 10:16 AM

it would also be a perfect game for Sunday or Monday night... the opening Thusday game will get huge ratings pretty much no matter who is playing.. while the NFL still has to put on an intriguing match-up for the opener, they can save Steelers-Giants for another night game when the match-up means more for ratings.

sluggermatt15
02-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I would think the NFL would want to put a possible rematch in there like Giants-Packers. That would draw pretty well because there's been a little bad blood between them lately, especially in the playoffs. Save the Giants/Steelers for a Sunday 4 PM or Monday Night Game, that's my feeling.

ebsteelers
02-13-2012, 08:51 AM
i really hope its not steelers/giants week 1...
just cause i live in nj and want to go to the game, and tickets are like double week 1 what they are week 2 etc..