PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Steelers Mock Draft 2.0

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-07-2012, 01:55 PM
Rounds
1.Dontari Poe-NT-Memphis-Poe has so much potential and his size makes him a freak of nature. He can come in right away and make this DL elite again and he will also be much better in his career than Casey Hampton was.
2.Amini Silatolu-OG-MidWestSt-Silatolu was a great run blocker in college and an exceptional pass blocker. Todd Haley is going to want a good OL to run his offense because he already has the weapons. Silatolu may not be able to start right away, but can play in run packages and develop through the season.
3.Audie Cole-ILB-NC State-Cole is a freak athlete and can develop into a great LB for this team. He was around the ball all the time in college and is a sure tackler. He can be mentored under Farrior and Timmons and eventually take Farrior's spot.
4.Nate Potter-OT-BSU- Haley gets another good OL here and someone who was an great pass blocker in college. Potter was Kellen Moore's LT in college and never let Moore touch the ground. He has great size and athleticism as well.
5.Keith Tandy-CB-WVU- Tandy was above average in college, but he was a great tackler and could make for a good special teams guy in the NFL. I see him being like an Anthony Madison type player but much much better and with a lot more upside.
6.Tank Carder-OLB-TCU- With Harrison not getting any younger and Worilds still not proven himself the Steelers get Carder who tackled everything and was around the ball constantly. He is above average is pass coverage, but needs to work on shedding blocks when trying to pass rush and run stop. He will also be a great special teams guy right away out of college.
7.Chris Jacobsen-OG-Pitt- Haley wants a good OL and so does Rooney, this is just a depth pick more than anything. Jacobsen has alright upside, but most likely will be backup for his career.

Hope you guys like my updated mock. Please be critical haha.

BengalDestroyer
02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
I like the Tank Carder pick, that kid's got a lot of heart...have a feeling we won't take him though. Why? just because I like him too much, same reason Burfict won't be selected!

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-07-2012, 08:29 PM
Haha I agree that the kid has heart, he plays like every play is his last and that is some reason why his flaws are glaring. I also do not see us taking him because he may either be off the board or it will be too good to be true to take him if he is.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-08-2012, 12:31 AM
I like the prospects of getting Poe, Potter and Carder, but would rather stick with somebody like Zeitler or Osemele in the 2nd than a D2 prospect like Silatolu. Jamain Stephens always scares me off of taking risks on guys like that with premium picks.

Kingmagyar
02-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Offensive Tackle position is really weak past the top of the first round, may not be one worth taking this year at all.

The Guard position slips greatly as well after the 2nd round.

Lots of big bodied Nose Tackles though in this year's draft and could get one even as late as the 3rd. Poe could be great though in the 1st. But we need an exceptional Guard this year to start right away.

In my opinion the Steelers really have to hit on a NT, G, and ILB this year and all need to start soon.

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Offensive Tackle position is really weak past the top of the first round, may not be one worth taking this year at all.

The Guard position slips greatly as well after the 2nd round.

Lots of big bodied Nose Tackles though in this year's draft and could get one even as late as the 3rd. Poe could be great though in the 1st. But we need an exceptional Guard this year to start right away.

In my opinion the Steelers really have to hit on a NT, G, and ILB this year and all need to start soon.

The LT position normally drops off after the 1st to 2nd round. I think the Steelers believe they will goto camp with Gilbert there and another vet like Scott to back him up.

Lots of OG's can be had in later rounds that are serviceable, but I would enjoy seeing one drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. As much as I like the idea of maybe trading back to get 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.....I think we get a good football player at #24 like Poe, Worthy, Hightower or maybe one of the OT's like Adams slides there.

60_MINUTES
02-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Rounds
1.Dontari Poe-NT-Memphis-Poe has so much potential and his size makes him a freak of nature. He can come in right away and make this DL elite again and he will also be much better in his career than Casey Hampton was.
2.Amini Silatolu-OG-MidWestSt-Silatolu was a great run blocker in college and an exceptional pass blocker. Todd Haley is going to want a good OL to run his offense because he already has the weapons. Silatolu may not be able to start right away, but can play in run packages and develop through the season.
3.Audie Cole-ILB-NC State-Cole is a freak athlete and can develop into a great LB for this team. He was around the ball all the time in college and is a sure tackler. He can be mentored under Farrior and Timmons and eventually take Farrior's spot.
4.Nate Potter-OT-BSU- Haley gets another good OL here and someone who was an great pass blocker in college. Potter was Kellen Moore's LT in college and never let Moore touch the ground. He has great size and athleticism as well.
5.Keith Tandy-CB-WVU- Tandy was above average in college, but he was a great tackler and could make for a good special teams guy in the NFL. I see him being like an Anthony Madison type player but much much better and with a lot more upside.
6.Tank Carder-OLB-TCU- With Harrison not getting any younger and Worilds still not proven himself the Steelers get Carder who tackled everything and was around the ball constantly. He is above average is pass coverage, but needs to work on shedding blocks when trying to pass rush and run stop. He will also be a great special teams guy right away out of college.
7.Chris Jacobsen-OG-Pitt- Haley wants a good OL and so does Rooney, this is just a depth pick more than anything. Jacobsen has alright upside, but most likely will be backup for his career.

Hope you guys like my updated mock. Please be critical haha.

I like it alot..I could live with those picks but I think you need to find a fullback and stick him in there somewhere around 5th

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Good mock.

pete74
02-08-2012, 07:53 PM
i would be happy with that