PDA

View Full Version : A question for Steeler fans?

GBpack2010
02-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Is there that much resentment from last year? I noticed alot of Pittsburgh fans even the ones I know were celebrating almost as much when we lost as if the Ravens lost? You guys hate us that much?

Rockonsteel
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Nah, not like that. Yall stole our thunder last year, and it still stings. We certainly didn't want to see you guys pull off the double dipper! Nothing personal, just business. :tt02:

Rockon

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Honestly, I didn't even notice much celebrating when the Packers lost. I celebrated on the Giants behalf because I felt they we're the only team that deserved a shot. I also didn't celebrate when the Rat's lost, because I hate the Patriots. The only time I favored a team was when the Rat's played the Texans and the Giants against the Pats in the SuperBowl.

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 02:44 PM
I hate teams that are dirty and cheaters, and the Packers aren't that based on what i've seen. You beat us fair and square.

Rockonsteel
02-07-2012, 02:48 PM
I hate the Cowboys, Pats and Ravens, in that order....lol. And the Packers aren't any of them either, last I checked. So, like I said....nothing personal, just business. :toofunny:

Rockon

GMU Steeler
02-07-2012, 02:51 PM
It's already been said, nothing personal, only business. I don't hate or even dislike the Packers. I tend to respect the old school franchises by and large. I was actually hoping for the old asteroid situation with the Ravens and Patriots. Hate both teams. Would have laughed at the Patriots if they had lost in the AFC championship game just like I did after Cundiff missed it and Evans dropped it.

ebsteelers
02-07-2012, 02:59 PM
packers are good and classy franchise, didnt mind seeing them make a run this year.

teams i hate in order

jets (local)
cowboys
ravens
pats
giants

i didnt get a fair shake in the championship games this year.

Edman
02-07-2012, 03:14 PM
I don't have a loathing for the Packers like I reserve for the Cowboys or the Patriots. Losing XLV didn't really hurt too much. Did it sting? Yes it did. But I didn't feel we've been done wrong for a loathesome hatred to seep in for Green Bay. We lost plain and simple. I wasn't exactly thrilled to see Green Bay lose, but I was a little satisfied that they did. But Overall, I just can't bring myself to hate them.

New England is held on the same level of the scum that lives in our Three Rivers here in Pittsburgh. It's not a respect hatred. It's hatred hatred. We hate New England and everything they stand for. Patriots/Ravens wasn't exactly fun to watch, but it was fun to see one of them lose even if one of them won. Now with both of them coming up empty, It's a great ending for Steeler fans.

BengalDestroyer
02-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Teams I hate in order

Patriots
Ravens
Cowboys

Packers aren't on that list.

Steel_Bus_24
02-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Ive grown to dislike the Packers more over the recent years.....Not really because they beat us in the Superbowl or their fans....("Though the Aaron Rogers is God...Ben sucks and is lucky he plays for the Steelers Crowd" annoyed me because there was a concentrated campaign from all the Packers fans I knew that went on well before SB 45)

No the real reason Im growing to dislike them is because they're the poster boys for Goodell's New Fantasy Football/Arena League...........The Packers(And others now) try and abuse the "Can't Touch a Wr" rules to the point of ridiculousness.........

Back Shoulder Throw after Back Shoulder throw:shake01:, more and more jump balls knowing full well that DBs can barely lay a finger on Wrs, and if they do........Up go the arms and the whining and crying begins about how they were mugged and should get a flag

Having said that they are not in my Most Hated list

1.Ravens(Learning from the Packer Wr Whiners like champs)
2.Patriots(Cheaters)
3.Cowboys(What a bunch of arrogant losers)

Notable Mentions
-Titans(Screw them, and that Flopping A-Hole Nedney)
-Bengals
-Jags

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Most hated team: Patriots
Most hated coach: Bill Belicheat
Most hated owner: Jerry Jones
Most hated player: Cortland Finnegan

GMU Steeler
02-07-2012, 03:32 PM
I guess my list is this:
1A: Ravens: Hated rival. Nuff said.
1B: Patriots: Cheats, asses, etc.
2: Bengals: Alotta talk and no action though this rivalry could get more interesting since Dalton looks like a legit QB.
3.) Browns: If I had grown up in the 80's or 70's, I'd probably rank them higher but I only know the Steelers as dominating the Browns.
4.) Cowboys: America's Team? Yeah right.
5.) Eagles: The kings of all talk, no action, and their fans are mostly douches too.
6.) Jets: Rex Ryan gets annoying. And their fans make the draft annoying to watch. Though I did enjoy that documentary on Namath. I like him tho I never saw him play.

So yeah no Pack or Giants for that matter on my list. I liked the mini rivalry we had with the Jags before they started to stink though.

6RingsAndCounting
02-07-2012, 03:32 PM
I don't hate the Packers, I hate that they beat us, but I do have a friend that owns a share of the team.

Personally my hated teams are
Ravens
Patriots
Browns
Cowboys
In that order.

GMU Steeler
02-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Most hated team: Patriots
Most hated coach: Bill Belicheat
Most hated owner: Jerry Jones
Most hated player: Cortland Finnegan

Why Finnegan of all players? Hard to argue with the others on your list. I probably list Daniel Snyder though for my owner since he consistently gouges the poor Redskins fans here and puts a shitty product on the field.

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 03:40 PM
Finnegan is an ass. He's always starting shit and he reminds me of your common street thug. He constantly punched and smacked Mike Wallace and Brown around when in coverage, and that's after the play's we're blown dead. He's always started shit. He's a thug. Not to mention he said he'd be the first one to stomp on the towel if they won this year.

SBT6MygnKKw

vNs7w6lFcgI

yER9LWShOVw

6RingsAndCounting
02-07-2012, 03:41 PM
^ I remember how excited I was when Andre Johnson beat the doo doo out of him.

GMU Steeler
02-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Finnegan is an ass. He's always starting shit and he reminds me of your common street thug. He constantly punched and smacked Mike Wallace and Brown around when in coverage, and that's after the play's we're blown dead. He's always started shit. He's a thug. Not to mention he said he'd be the first one to stomp on the towel if they won this year.

SBT6MygnKKw

vNs7w6lFcgI

yER9LWShOVw

Ah thanks man. Knew he was a dick. Really as someone on the autistic spectrum- albeit mild,, it annoys me when people mock the towel not knowing shit about it. My most hated player is probably Ray Lewis though. Respect his talents but can't stand the guy and the Ravens fans who call Roethlisberger a rapist but cover for their guy.

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 03:46 PM
^ I remember how excited I was when Andre Johnson beat the doo doo out of him.

Whipped his ass! :applaudit:

GMU Steeler
02-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Speaking of towel stompers- whatever happened to Lendale White?

6RingsAndCounting
02-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Whipped his ass! :applaudit:

Cortland Innegan. He got the "F" whooped outta him:chuckle:

plenewken
02-07-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm fine with the Packers for the following reasons:
1) you guys beat us fair and square last year
2) your franchise has a lot of similarities with ours.
3) you don't cheat (that we know of <g>),
4) your fans are far less arrogant and obnoxious than the fans in Dallas, New England, New York and Baltimore.

As long as we beat the Packers next time we face them in the SB, I'll be happy. :tt04:

plenewken
02-07-2012, 03:55 PM

He's a piece of sh*t.

6RingsAndCounting
02-07-2012, 03:57 PM
zcXidO8PHs8

More Innegan cheap shots at 2:05

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 03:57 PM

:applaudit:

4xSBChamps
02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
the Pack only lost 2 games this season... any Steeler fans who may've found joy in a Green Bay loss didn't have much opportunity to celebrate

I'd think that the Crygirls, Purple-Browns, Stains, and Cheatriots* are bigger rivals to true Steeler fans:
Packers have usually-been a classy-run organization

stb_steeler
02-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I have to admit, it was nice to see some one else do the discount double check for once!

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't hate the Pack by any means. Good team, Great organization and an excellent history.

pete74
02-07-2012, 06:41 PM
i was actually rooting for the Packs to make it

hammy36
02-07-2012, 07:01 PM
No hate for the Pack here at all. Certainly did not care for the outcome of last years SB...obviously, but it wasn't quite as bad to lose it to a franchise I respect. Didn't want to see GB repeat but that's just my personal preference. If it's not us repeating, I prefer to see a new champ :). Plus, I'm a K State alumn and while I like Jordy a ton and root for the local guy, the overhype (think Tebow x 1000) around here get's annoying. Best of luck in 2012 (assuming the Mayans were not correct:)).

mesaSteeler
02-07-2012, 07:31 PM
I respect the Packers and their fans. Good team, good history, class act. Cheseheads are the only fans in the league that match us for intensity. Also the Packers play football outside as it should be played and not in some pansy dome.

Teams I hate.
1. The Cheats
2. The Cowgirls
3. The Ratbirds
4. The Bungholes
5. The Brownstains.

Team who fans I actually feel sorry for.

The Dolts, after all now they have Bruce the Airhead as OC.

Fire Arians
02-07-2012, 07:34 PM
i was cheering for the pack to make it because i thought they had the best shot to take out the 49ers, who i really don't want to see them winning #6 to tie us.

but in the end it worked out, SF, baltimore, or new england didn't win

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-07-2012, 08:11 PM
I was honestly tired of all the Packer fans that came out of the woodwork and rode that wave the whole year like they have been on the bandwagon since Lombardi. Been in my house for 8 years and all of a sudden the neighbour's wife is a Packers fan for a season, same with my buddy that is a casual football fan....he suddenly gets Sunday ticket this year and a Matthews jersey.

They have all gone back into hibernation and can put the Matthews jersey in the closet next to the Desmond Howard Jersey they got 17 years ago.

LVSteelersfan
02-07-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't hate the Packers but have to admit that whole wrestling belt/discount double check BS was pretty stupid. There is no doubt that the top of my list is the Ratbirds and it will be that way as long as Ray Lewis, the most overhyped for no reason player ever (they call him the best MLB in history - BS) is still playing. And Suggs the thug is the biggest jerk around. And of course the Patsies and that cheating, hoody wearing jerk and their owner are an easy second place. Also hate the Bungles, Clowns and Cowgirls equally.

LambertWardSteel
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
I don't hate Packers. They're a lot like the Steelers-a sort of 'working class' team. I do hate the pats*and ravens. The pats and ravens losing are always cause for celebration. The only time I'd celebrate Packers losing is if the Steelers had just beat them.

StainlessStill
02-07-2012, 09:58 PM
The Packers are NOWHERE NEAR even on the "kind of dis-like" list for me. In fact, I have the most respect for the Packers and their organization. As I said countless number of times, if the Steelers were to lose the Super Bowl to anybody (yes it would hurt) I would rather lose to the Packers than any other team from the shear fact that they remind me so much of ourselves. Every parallel is there.

Even though the Super Bowl still stings (any would and even XXX still does) it didn't make me hate on Green Bay whatsoever. Now, when the Packers lost, I felt rejoice only because they took our crown from us last season and misery loves company, so, it was kind of a smirk type thing when they lost this season.

Most hated on my list:

1. Baltimore Ravens
2. New England Patriots
3. Dallas Cowboys
4. Cincinnati Bengals
5. Cleveland Browns

Honorable mention:

6. Tennessee Titans
7. N.Y Jets

Fire Arians
02-10-2012, 12:33 PM
http://soonerpsycho.com/spfarksandpics/discountdoublechoke.jpg

Curtain_of_Steel
02-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Geez, did you guys hurt the Ravens fans feelings?

We don't hate the fans, we hate the team.

We menaing I, do not like whiney snivveling coaches like Harbough(S). Your QB is about as overrated as they come.

I think I like Rex Ryan more than Harbough, lol At least he is funny, lol

Darkstorm05
02-10-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't hate the Packers but have to admit that whole wrestling belt/discount double check BS was pretty stupid.

That alone earned my eternal rage. To quote Cris Collinsworth ragging on Madden, "That was the worst thing since the Immaculate Reception". That entire side of Wisconsin should be sunk into Lake Michigan to cleanse it of the shame of those commercials.

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 01:05 PM
That alone earned my eternal rage. To quote Cris Collinsworth ragging on Madden, "That was the worst thing since the Immaculate Reception". That entire side of Wisconsin should be sunk into Lake Michigan to cleanse it of the shame of those commercials.

4xSBChamps
02-10-2012, 01:16 PM

about the 3rd time that double-check commercial ran, the maggots in my garbage can began gagging

and they haven't recovered yet

Darkstorm05
02-10-2012, 01:47 PM
about the 3rd time that double-check commercial ran, the maggots in my garbage can began gagging

and they haven't recovered yet

In general, I hate hot shot nonsense QB "Finishing Moves". Back in like '06 I remember jumping up off my couch and cheering when Porter sacked Daunte Culpepper, then did the Culpepper Roll and spit on the field.

When Suh ate Matt Flynn's lunch and then mocked that nonsense title belt pose, a dozen sports writers squirted loose from Rodgers' ass where they'd been hibernating to call Suh "Classless" for mocking an opponent like that. How in the hell is not equally "Classless" when it's Rodgers prancing around the field doing it? When you're so widely know for smug, taunting silliness that they base a national ad campaign on it, you're fair game to get it thrown back in your face when another team drops the hammer on you fair and square. Pot...meet kettle. Most likely those same reporters are just happy for anything Rodgers can do to give them an excuse to be looking at his crotch area.

Seriously, let Ben hit Wallace for a 70 yard TD, then throw that title belt move on some pass rusher he straight-armed before he got the ball out, and he'll be on another 4 game suspension pending a civil suit for harassment, or some such nonsense.

LVSteelersfan
02-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I really think those Troy Polomolu Head and Shoulders commercials are pretty stupid as well. The first one was ok but the one with Keisel and the one with the baseball player are assinine.

1st&Goal
02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Teams I hate in order: 1) Cheats 2) Paytoilets 3) Fagliots

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 09:19 PM

Steel Peon
02-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Is there that much resentment from last year? I noticed alot of Pittsburgh fans even the ones I know were celebrating almost as much when we lost as if the Ravens lost? You guys hate us that much?
I never had any hate, only befuddlement. To start this off, Favre was a player that I grew to enjoy watching over the years, and considered him to be one of the greatest QBs of all time. That being said, the whole retirement thing did kinda drag on year after year, but my personal opinion of Brett led me to think that the Packers should just go along with it until he's ready and done........but that's me. I mean, '07 was a great year for Favre......he took the team right to the verge of a super bowl, got SI's sportsman of the year, set all kinds of NFL records (some not so good), and generally still looked like one of the NFL's elite players, even at 37.

Hell, he was actually really pissed off that the Pack didn't scoop Randy Moss when they had the chance, instead casually letting him slip away to you know where. The chain of mgt was kissing Brett's butt at this point, trying their best to console him. What amazed me was how quickly he went to being the asshole right after the season ended. All of a sudden, Favre is no longer a franchise player, rather he's been a royal pain in the balls about this whole retirement thing every year, and who's being selfish by holding back this "Aaron Rodgers" guy from being the star he's going to be. Of course I didn't know whointhefk Rodgers was, and thought they had a little too much optimism for chucking Favre in favor for some untested guy. When Favre went, I personally thought the Packers had just committed a terrible blunder.

And for many years, I was right, as Rodgers looked no better than many of the league's QBs, and GB got thumped in the nuts twice in '09 by the, then being helmed by Favre, Vikings. This is the closest thing to hatred I might have for GB.......not that it's hate......it's just it looked kinda funny that the legend they dumped almost took another team to the super bowl, and very easily could've won it, and all this time the critics continued to fawn all over GB and how great they looked. Personally, I thought they were full of shit. Imagine my surprise when the following year GB manages to stumble (yet again) into the playoffs, but then roll into the SB.......not that it changed my opinion of anything. And please don't start spouting off any of that "Well what about the '05 Steelers barely making the playoffs?" crap.........GB was not 15-1 in '09, hadn't just made it to the CCG, and didn't lose their starting QB (who had SURGERY) for 4 games.......there's no comparison.

What really surprised me is that GB managed to bring out their best football yet at the SB, and my Steelers managed to bring out some of their worst. I was one of the most vocal lamenters after the loss, and quickly transitioned into pointing out what bone head errors the Steelers made and how we just gave the game away to a bunch of shoulda' woulda' coulda's. This talk didn't earn me much agreement......kinda the opposite, but I was kinda pissed that I ended up being proved wrong about both my team and the Pack, and in the worst possible way........with the only bright spot being that despite the complete dumbassedry that plagued the Steelers in the first half (and a teeny bit of the second), they still had a legitimate chance at winning.

Now don't think I'm totally ignoring what they've done this season, the Pack had hardly ever looked better and I am now fully convinced of their abilities as a team. Which brings us to the point of Steeler fans being happy about GB losing, and that reason is simple........I'm glad you didn't make it back when we couldn't......y'know, petty shit. So, this spiel has to end soon, and I just want to end saying.......I still like Favre better than Rodgers, the Steelers are fixing the problems they have (hopefully), and as long as we make it to the SB next year, I have no problems with you guys going too........I might even hope for it.

tanda10506
02-11-2012, 01:05 AM
I dont mind the Packers. I thought we could have won that SB if we didnt turn it over again and again, and the Packers just played football fair and square. I was rooting for the Giants though. As I said, I dont mind the Packers but I absolutely cant stand the way Rodgers gets his balls washed by the media who is trying to turn him in to the next Brady, and what makes it worse is now I see Rodgers looking for a flag after every other play. I would have hated to see his ego and hear the media if he had won or even went to another SB. If Favre was still the QB I would have been pulling for them, at least over the Saints and Niners.

Sneak
02-11-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm pretty amazed by the fact that everybody seems to be in agreement over this around here, in particular which teams we "hate".

Because my list looks very much like everybody elses:

1) Cowboys - Overrated, Overexposed primadonnas.
2) Ravens - The Enemy. I may respect the team, but I hate them on principle.
3) Patriots - Because of the "we cant lose" mentality, that they tend to keep no matter how much they lose. There's always an excuse for losing with Pats fans.

As far as the Pack goes.. Always liked the pack, I like the smalltown outlook of the team, all the tradition, etc. All teams that win the SB always get a label of the "best team" in the NFL, which may be true - atleast for that playoff run. But the media always makes wild predictions about repeating, which I find annoying - I didnt really hope the Pack would lose in the playoffs, I'd much rather see them go to the SB than quite a few other NFC teams.

Only thing that I can come up with that annoys me about the pack is the fact that they have more championships than the steelers. Which is a passing annoyance.

kan_t
02-11-2012, 04:00 AM
Actually the Packers are my second favorite team. That's a class organization. I root for them if they don't face the Steelers.

Teams that I can't stand:
Ravens
Jets
Eagles
Lions
49 ers

Pi Kapp Steeler
02-11-2012, 06:10 AM
Nope I grew to hate em. To smug. Fans thought they were untouchable. Just want the reassurance that any team is beatable. For a while there the packers looked unbeatable

FrancoLambert
02-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Teams/Players I hate:

1) Ravens - many reasons: Harbaugh, Lewis, Sizzle, Reed, Pollard, etc...........
2) Jets - Ryan, Suckchez, Plax, dirty punk S Eric Smith
3) Ravens - see above
4) Patriots - Brady, Giselle, Kraft's obnoxious son
5) Ravens - Ngata
6) 49'ers - Harbaugh
7) Ravens - Webb
8) Ravens - Johnson
9) Ravens - Boldin
10) Ravens - entire team
11) Punk Finnegan - what a piece of s*it
12) Bengwads

QCbeauBlak
02-11-2012, 11:59 AM

LOL!!!! yall are getting so bad with these diss-names for teams that I am no longer able to figure out who some of yall are talking about :rofl:

Steel Peon
02-11-2012, 08:38 PM
I guess in all my driveling, I forgot to list my most hated teams........not that this thread is about lists.

1) NE Gays......nothing to explain here.

2) Jax Jagoffs.......why you say? First, because they have a shitty mascot. There's no excuse for an expansion team in this day and age to have a generic-ass high school quality mascot......you know the NFL, you know what they're about, pick something that identifies you as a city.......and don't do something brain dead like the Texans either......they'd have to call themselves the Jacksonville Floridians to match that stupidity. Seriously though, a damn cat team? And another expansion team is added the same year, and they have a goddamned cat team too?!!?! How the fk many Jaguars does any of you think are roaming around the Florida coastline? How many black panthers do you see in the Carolinas? And, yes I mean the cats. And yes I stinkin' know you don't see many steel workers around Pittsburgh, fine.......but you used to, so go read a damn history book and try harder next time Jax! You too Carolina! Why don't I hate Carolina equally, you say? Well, that's because they were never in the same division as the Steelers pre salary cap, and became a real pain in the ass. From what I remember, the Jagoffs had quite a bit of money to spend, so I've hated them from inception.

3) How 'bout them Cowpokers? How 'bout, thank God I'm not a Cowboy fan?!:flipoff: