New York Giants vs.
Pittsburgh Steelers MetLife Stadium

East Rutherford, NJ TBD
Tennessee Titans vs.
Pittsburgh Steelers LP Field

Nashville, TN TBD

GMU Steeler
02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Cowboys game will be fun. Got a good friend who is a fan. He was busting some balls over us losing to the Broncos and Tebowmania but I had to remind him 8-8 and one playoff win since 1996.

ebsteelers
02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
i live in new jersey... so i know alot of jets giants, eagles and cowboys fans..
big year for us... just hired haley so im getting ants in my pants

here we go steelers here we go

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 03:58 PM
The away will be brutal...

ebsteelers
02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
all the away games are winnable...

giants arent great at home... wonder if we will get them on opening night?

and hopefully its not back to back trips to the west coast

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Giants, Raiders and Chargers game's will all be difficult. Not the easiest stadiums to play in.

ebsteelers
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Giants, Raiders and Chargers game's will all be difficult. Not the easiest stadiums to play in.

idk much about raiders, and chargers..

but giants stadium is a joke to play in... giants do much better on the road. if the giants are doing lousy and we play them like mid year... you would be surprised how loud you'll hear go steelers chants

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Well, Raiders is definitely no fun to play in. Not the best team, but there stadium is hard to play in. Rowdy fans. Chargers stadium is roaring in December, which is usually when there hot. Let's hope we play them early. As for the Giants, there the defending super bowl champions. I'd much rather have them at home...

TRH
02-07-2012, 06:50 PM
They were just talking about the schedules on ESPN.

The Patriots (who just played in the SB, mind you...), DO NOT even play a team with a top 8 quarterback. They said 10 games are locks for them (in theory). A patsy shedule once again.

LVSteelersfan
02-07-2012, 09:50 PM

The Patriots (who just played in the SB, mind you...), DO NOT even play a team with a top 8 quarterback. They said 10 games are locks for them (in theory). A patsy shedule once again.

The schedule is preset. There is absolutely no collusion when it comes to who teams play. You play the division teams twice. You play one of the AFC divisions every three years. You play one of the NFC divisions every three years. The rest of the schedule is against the remaining divisions in your conference where you play the teams that finished in the same place in their division that you did the previous year. Saying the Patriots have a patsy schedule is meaningless. Look at the schedule we had last year. Playing the NFC West and AFC South is the only reason we had a 12-4 record.

Edman
02-07-2012, 11:07 PM
A tougher schedule than last year. I welcome a challenging schedule. The Steelers don't fare too well against Cupcakes.

I just hope the Steelers improve their road play over 2011. Last year they were downright miserable as a Road Team. Lots of Ugly away from Heinz.

plenewken
02-08-2012, 07:25 AM
The schedule is preset. There is absolutely no collusion when it comes to who teams play. You play the division teams twice. You play one of the AFC divisions every three years. You play one of the NFC divisions every three years. The rest of the schedule is against the remaining divisions in your conference where you play the teams that finished in the same place in their division that you did the previous year. Saying the Patriots have a patsy schedule is meaningless. Look at the schedule we had last year. Playing the NFC West and AFC South is the only reason we had a 12-4 record.

Exactly.

micraydim
02-08-2012, 07:34 AM
Cowboys game will be fun. Got a good friend who is a fan. He was busting some balls over us losing to the Broncos and Tebowmania but I had to remind him 8-8 and one playoff win since 1996.

:thumbsup:

GMU Steeler
02-08-2012, 08:17 AM

I look at it this way. They'll probably win the division again next year and probably have a lot of high scoring wins which will mask their other problems e.g. lack of a defense and consistent running game.

GMU Steeler
02-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Anyhow as for our schedule. It's gonna be a tough road but I remember looking at our 2008 schedule after 2007 and thinking man that looks tough but we all know what happened that year. It was 2009 that was being looked at as the SB contending year. It will be hard but it wouldn't shock me if next year's Steelers team won the division with a 12-4 again. And you all know that this year's bitter end has some guys especially the young guys who weren't here in 2008 hungry for a title and their place in team history.

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 08:47 AM
It's the easy schedule's that make me angry, but this one look's good.

Tx777
02-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I will be loud and proud in Dallas.

steve314
02-08-2012, 02:43 PM

Correct except every 4 years for NFC divisions.

EVERY team plays 4 1st place, 4 2nd place, 4 3rd place, and 4 last place teams. Not sure how they could balance it much more than that.

6RingsAndCounting
02-08-2012, 04:24 PM
wow, all 3 divisional games the first 3 weeks, or is that random order.

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 04:28 PM
wow, all 3 divisional games the first 3 weeks, or is that random order.

Date's haven't been decided, just home games and away.

6RingsAndCounting
02-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Date's haven't been decided, just home games and away.

gotcha, had a blond moment

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 04:46 PM
gotcha, had a blond moment

I blame Paris Hilton.

TRH
02-08-2012, 04:50 PM

I know. My point wasn't that the league is doing it "on purpose" (although i'm sure it makes them very, very happy).......i was just saying that the analysts were on TV talking about how, once again, the Patriots probably have by far, the easiest schedule in the league of the likely playoff teams (and they just played in the SB). Regardless if it was collusion or not, they still have easy schedules. Just sayin'........