PDA

View Full Version : Steelers hire Haley +sad news for Tunch Ilkin

mesaSteeler
02-07-2012, 08:36 PM
NFL from the sidelines

After hobnobbing around the NFL in the press boxes and sidelines, sports reporter Dale Lolley will let you know the insider scoop. Dale can also be heard as a sometime host on ESPN 970-AM. Follow him on Twitter at dlolleyor.
http://nflfromthesidelines.blogspot.com/

Steelers hire Haley

The Steelers officially hired Todd Haley as their offensive coordinator Tuesday, ending a nearly two-week search for the replacement for Bruce Arians.

The Steelers grew weary of Arians' buddy-buddy relationship with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and were looking for a new coordinator who will bring a more balanced offensive attack.

(Welcome to Pittsburgh, Todd. NOW RUN THE DAMN BALL!!! - mesa)

Haley, who most recently served as head coach in Kansas City, should do that.

Steelers tight end Weslye Saunders has been suspended for four games by the NFL for violating the league's policy on performance enhancing drugs.

Now word yet on what Saunders tested positive for, but it could be any number of things some of which are available in over-the-counter medications.

My heart goes out to the family of Tunch Ilkin regarding the death of his lovely wife Sharon.

Sharon Ilkin, like Tunch, was a graduate of Indiana State University, where she was a cheerleader.

She once appeared on the cover of Sports Illustrated with fellow Indiana State product Larry Bird.

Bayz101
02-07-2012, 08:45 PM
My heart goes out to the Ilkin family.

jiminpa
02-07-2012, 09:17 PM
My heart goes out to the Ilkin family.Tunch is a great guy.

GMU Steeler
02-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Terrible for Tunch and his family. Even on games I can get on TV here in Northern Va, I like being able to hear Tunch, Bill, and Wolfley. Glad we got Haley by the way too. I think he was a good choice.

steeltheone
02-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Wow..God Bless you in your time of need, Tunch!

Kingmagyar
02-08-2012, 02:11 AM
What happened to Tunch's wife? She can't be that old?

tony hipchest
02-08-2012, 02:14 AM
What happened to Tunch's wife? She can't be that old?

she lost a long battle with cancer. thoughts and prayers with tunch and anyone else fighting the fight....

AndyWitmyer
02-08-2012, 02:31 AM
Tunch and his family - my hearts go out to you - in this time of loss, I wish you only the best