PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl picks

Big D
07-11-2006, 02:48 PM
I dont know if this has been posted or not. But I was looking for your picks for the 07 super bowl.
I got... Panthers vs Steelers with the steelers pounding the kittys

MNsteelers
07-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Whomever can actually play consistently from the NFC vs. Whomever is still alive after two or three playoff games from the AFC. Almost not even fair....

CowherLover
07-11-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm feelin nostalgic. Steelers vs. Cowboys We all know the outcome!

83-Steelers-43
07-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I'll get back to you on this around early September.

Big D
07-11-2006, 03:10 PM
I'll get back to you on this around early September.
no i'm looking for preseason picks. i'll repost this in september. Who you got?

BlackNGold203
07-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Steelers-Seahawks round 2....

No doubts....no crying....no "controversy"....

Steelers...BIG

section514
07-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Steelers-Seahawks round 2....

No doubts....no crying....no "controversy"....

Steelers...BIG

im goin steelers vs carolina

cbalke
07-11-2006, 04:23 PM
I think this year the Superbowl definitely goes through PGH in the AFC Champ game. The NFC is so much harder to reckon. They're all so BAD. Seriously, the REDSKINS were within spitting distance of the superbowl last year. Would you have been scared playing them? I wouldn't. Anyway, I don't think the NFC is going to improve by any stretch this year.

I say Steelers vs. Dallas right now.

I may change to Carolina in Sept.

Big D
07-11-2006, 04:26 PM
I think this year the Superbowl definitely goes through PGH in the AFC Champ game. The NFC is so much harder to reckon. They're all so BAD. Seriously, the REDSKINS were within spitting distance of the superbowl last year. Would you have been scared playing them? I wouldn't. Anyway, I don't think the NFC is going to improve by any stretch this year.

I say Steelers vs. Dallas right now.

I may change to Carolina in Sept.
I would pick dallas but i see parcells/owens having alot of drama

siss
07-11-2006, 04:29 PM
I say Steelers -Carolin as well.
27-3
Except this time Big Ben plays better. 2td's 240yd 17-22 com and mvp MVP Qb rating is 98.5 !
If your gunna dream dream big!
You heard it hear first!

clevestinks
07-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Steelers vs. NFC AllPro team

slashsteel
07-11-2006, 04:35 PM
Dallas isn't the only one with drama. :)

Steelers and Seattle again until they prove otherwise.

Prosdo
07-11-2006, 04:36 PM
I agree Steelers vs Panthers

cbalke
07-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I would pick dallas but i see parcells/owens having alot of drama

yeah...but that won't happen til august. these picks are for the teams now. and, right now at least, they haven't had any drama. ;)

SteelCzar76
07-11-2006, 04:55 PM
It may very well be us playing Carolina. But i have my heart set on PAYBACK,...by laying waste to the Cowgirls 48-17, after finishing the Patsies with their second worst playoff loss in their history in the championship game in Pittsburgh. Picture That !

"Hail Caesar,....Hail the Black and Gold"

shimmysteelerfan
07-11-2006, 04:58 PM
steelers vs. cowboys would be sweet......then we could settle it once and for all!!!!!!!!!!!!

cbalke
07-11-2006, 04:59 PM
heheheh - i'm liking that cowboys pick more and more as you guys are talking. what a game that would be. the first team to 6? mmmm...siiiiiiiiiix.

slashsteel
07-11-2006, 05:08 PM
We would whipe right through Dallas.

SteelersMongol
07-11-2006, 05:09 PM
STEELERS VS. VIKINGS.

Ha ha ha. I got you, didn't I? :smile: No there is no way poor Vikings will make it. My pick is STEELERS vs. Cowboys, with the latter losing. LOL> :smile:

slashsteel
07-11-2006, 05:12 PM
Mongol was there ever any doubt? ;)

siss
07-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Okay how about this :
first round bye
steelers-Bungals 34-7
steelers-Patsys 24-21 OT
steelers -Carolina 27-3

I can't wait till football season!

lilyoder6
07-11-2006, 05:34 PM
i would like to see pittsburgh against washington... they we can show that we didn't need randle el

Black@Gold Forever32
07-11-2006, 06:09 PM
I would love to see another Steelers/Cowboys Super Bowl. We need some revenge from Super Bowl XXX....the game Neil O'Donnell threw away. Plus that would be the fourth time the Steelers/Cowboys play in the Super Bowl against each other. But I'm picking the Panthers/Steelers. With the Steelers winning 26-20.

cbalke
07-11-2006, 06:52 PM
we need to keep track of this thread throughout the season. maybe we could make a sticky with just everyone's team predictions and scores with no comments and lock it so no one can change. lol

SteelerFanInCA
07-11-2006, 07:02 PM
Steelers vs Bears

4n2t0
07-11-2006, 07:19 PM
Indianapolis Colts vs Carolina Panthers

Hamer
07-11-2006, 07:21 PM
After beating the Bungles (at home) in AFC Championship:
Steelers 35, Redskins 13....

Hamer
07-11-2006, 07:25 PM

Peyton(choke)Manning(gag)?????????

I'll be over there holding my breath.

4n2t0
07-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Peyton(choke)Manning(gag)?????????

I'll be over there holding my breath.

There's no denying that Peyton's the best QB in the NFL right now.

Hamer
07-11-2006, 07:43 PM
Sure, as long as everything falls according to the script laid out, Manning is unstoppable. But I think the Patriots and Steelers proved over the past few years if you take him out of his game he chokes. He can't improvise. Look at his college days at Tennessee- always good enough to get you to the big game, but never quite good enough to win.

steelerdude
07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Steelers vs. Giants. Plaxico gets hit hard on the Giants first possession and plays timid the rest of the way, ending the game with zero receptions.

BlackNGold203
07-11-2006, 08:50 PM

The Colts????

:sofunny: :sofunny:

Oh..youre serious......

CantStop85
07-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Chiefs vs. Panthers

BlackNGold203
07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Sure, as long as everything falls according to the script laid out, Manning is unstoppable. But I think the Patriots and Steelers proved over the past few years if you take him out of his game he chokes. He can't improvise. Look at his college days at Tennessee- always good enough to get you to the big game, but never quite good enough to win.

Hamer!!!!

Major Mojo to ANYONE sporting a Terry Hanratty avatar!!!!!

(He's from my home town)

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

Stillers#1
07-11-2006, 10:50 PM
Chiefs vs. Panthers

At least we have one none-homer here. However, I don't see KC getting out of the first round.

Although, I do have trouble seeing anyone other than the Steelers getting there (maybe New England). On the NFC side I gotta go with Carolina, although I would love to see Dallas.

Pittsburgh vs. Carolina

Hamer
07-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Hamer!!!!

Major Mojo to ANYONE sporting a Terry Hanratty avatar!!!!!

(He's from my home town)

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

He was the first Steeler I ever met (when I was 4). Got 'the Rat' to sign my shirt at training camp. Yeah, I'm old!!

HometownGal
07-12-2006, 07:36 AM
I have to go along with Steelers and Carolina too. My second choice would be a rematch of the Steelers and the Hawks, if they win their division, which I'm not so sure they're going to do. I'm liking Arizona's new look with Edge and I'm not counting them out to win the AFC West crown.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-12-2006, 07:42 AM

I am with ya CL...My brother is a 'boys fan..and I WANT revenge for '96!!!:ak47:

X-Terminator
07-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Steelers vs Panthers. I really can't see anyone in the NFC strong enough to keep Carolina out of the SB - they clearly are the best team in that conference. But they wouldn't be able to beat anyone in the AFC - it's simply too strong a conference. Even middle-tier AFC teams are better than most of the top NFC teams, IMHO.

Big D
07-12-2006, 08:22 AM
Steelers vs. Giants. Plaxico gets hit hard on the Giants first possession and plays timid the rest of the way, ending the game with zero receptions.
there is one major problem with this pick. The giants have a manning as there qb and as we all know mannings dont win big games

CowherLover
07-12-2006, 08:47 AM
Chiefs vs. Panthers
Smoke another one 85, lol! :smoker:
KC is gonna be good this year I think, but it gonna take more than that for Herm to get the win over Cowher.

Big D
07-12-2006, 08:49 AM
KC is gonna be good this year I think, but it gonna take more than that for Herm to get the win over Cowher.
well either way you have a questionable defense and some injury and age concerns on offense

ARKIESTEEL
07-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Chiefs vs. Panthers

Chiefs maybe the sleeper team to watch this year but it will be

you heard it here first

Steelers and the Cards

ARKIESTEEL
07-12-2006, 08:52 AM
I was just kidding

Steelers\ Panthers

CantStop85
07-12-2006, 11:32 AM
KC's defense is questionable, but I think they'll show some improvement. On the offensive side of the ball, they're not only a veteran squad but they're nearly unstoppable. Trent Green has been one of the best QBs in the league for a while and I think this is his last real chance to make some noise in the playoffs. That backfield is just scary...Larry Johnson, Priest Holmes, Quentin Griffin...then they still have Tony Gonzalez and Eddie Kennison (a very underrated receiver) to catch the ball. Finally, this will probably be the offensive line's last year together with a couple of guys nearing retirement...this is the Chief's last shot for a while now.

Factor in Dante Hall's capability of taking a kick back for a score at anytime and I think these guys could get on a roll in the playoffs.

CowherLover
07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
I think this is the year the NFC will pull out of their "peaceful slumber." They have a few legitimate contenders, BUT, when you make a statement about their age then the injuries become a foregone conclusion. That will make it more difficult to hang in there for the entire season. You never know about the next unknown that's ready to step in as the backup, that's why I wouldn't discount alot of teams. Steeler fans understand about having the next great one waiting to get his shot to start, we've had them for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately for us, just not at the QB position, lol!

X-Terminator
07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
KC's defense is questionable, but I think they'll show some improvement. On the offensive side of the ball, they're not only a veteran squad but they're nearly unstoppable. Trent Green has been one of the best QBs in the league for a while and I think this is his last real chance to make some noise in the playoffs. That backfield is just scary...Larry Johnson, Priest Holmes, Quentin Griffin...then they still have Tony Gonzalez and Eddie Kennison (a very underrated receiver) to catch the ball. Finally, this will probably be the offensive line's last year together with a couple of guys nearing retirement...this is the Chief's last shot for a while now.

Factor in Dante Hall's capability of taking a kick back for a score at anytime and I think these guys could get on a roll in the playoffs.

Good points, 85, but all of the scoring in the world means nothing if you can't stop the other team. You have to be able to play solid defense consistently to get to the show, especially against the run, where they are still very soft and suspect. Opposing teams will just run the ball and control the clock until they prove they can stop them. That will be their undoing.

Big D
07-12-2006, 11:45 AM
theres a chance priest holmes may never play again

CowherLover
07-12-2006, 11:50 AM
I just read that Marshal Faulk is considering taking a year off and joining the commentators booth and makin a comeback in 07. You'd think with his acheivements and age he'd go gracefully. That's the way Emmit should've gone too, IMO.

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 12:48 PM

im kind of excited, having just moved to the KC area, to watch the Chiefs this season. Obviously, i'll always root for the Patriots first, but ive liked the Chiefs since the Len Dawson days. Herm Edwards took the Jets to 3 playoff berths. Hes an upgrade to Dick "boohoohoo live off of the miracle of Kurt Warner"Vermeil anyday. a full season of Larry Johnson. an increased emphasis on defense, and the Chiefs are a playoff team at the very least.

Big D
07-12-2006, 01:24 PM
im kind of excited, having just moved to the KC area, to watch the Chiefs this season. Obviously, i'll always root for the Patriots first, but ive liked the Chiefs since the Len Dawson days. Herm Edwards took the Jets to 3 playoff berths. Hes an upgrade to Dick "boohoohoo live off of the miracle of Kurt Warner"Vermeil anyday. a full season of Larry Johnson. an increased emphasis on defense, and the Chiefs are a playoff team at the very least.
I wonder how the chiefts will do without al saunders this year. But then again herm edwards has had to work with paul hackett

klick81
07-12-2006, 02:01 PM

I would LOVE to see this happen (my gf's a plowboys fan), so i'll go with this pick.

steelcity984
07-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Larry Johnson is a beast, and the Chiefs are capable of beating anyone on any given day, but...I agree with the popular pick: Steelers/Panthers (I live in NC so I'll never hear the end of it if we lose)

3 to be 4
07-12-2006, 04:39 PM
Patriots 27, Panthers 23 in another classic

Ambridge
07-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Good points, 85, but all of the scoring in the world means nothing if you can't stop the other team. You have to be able to play solid defense consistently to get to the show, especially against the run, where they are still very soft and suspect. Opposing teams will just run the ball and control the clock until they prove they can stop them. That will be their undoing.

I like Kansas City as well for some strange reason.
That's the one thing good that Herm Edwards will bring to the Chiefs is that he's going to instill some toughness and discipline to the their defense and he'll definately make it a better unit.
On the other hand Herm can kill a team like he has in the past with bad decisions and poor clock management.......so who knows.

A couple of months ago I had the Steelers-Giants in the Superbowl.
As of now I'm leaning Kansas City-vs-Carolina in the SB XLI.

CantStop85
07-12-2006, 07:08 PM
I like Kansas City as well for some strange reason.
That's the one thing good that Herm Edwards will bring to the Chiefs is that he's going to instill some toughness and discipline to the their defense and he'll definately make it a better unit.
On the other hand Herm can kill a team like he has in the past with bad decisions and poor clock management.......so who knows.

A couple of months ago I had the Steelers-Giants in the Superbowl.
As of now I'm leaning Kansas City-vs-Carolina in the SB XLI.
A non-homer? What? :willy:

steelerdude
07-12-2006, 07:19 PM
there is one major problem with this pick. The giants have a manning as there qb and as we all know mannings dont win big games

True, but it could be Tim Hasselbeck guiding the team.

Sharkissle29
07-12-2006, 10:28 PM
steelers vs. carolina
you know the outcome

Steel Pit
07-12-2006, 10:30 PM

I agree with CowherLover

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-13-2006, 04:43 AM

Eddie "Hands of Stone" Kennison?????!!!!!! He couldnt bust through a lot of teams starting lineup...and has benefited from Greens talent...I mean this is a guy who has only two 1,000 yard seasons out of the 10 years he has been in the league and averaged just over 48 catches, 700 yards and 3.7 touchdowns a year in his career!!!... HE IS THE PRIMARY RECIEVER ON THAT TEAM!!! With teams having to seriously respect the run against the Chiefs.. Kennison STILL only got 5 touchdowns last season! I wish they had a stat for dropped passes and bad route running!! I like Trent Green... and roll my eyes every year when the Chiefs fail to sign a WR free agent or draft a top prospect. That being said..I think KC is ONE good reciever away form being truly intimidating.

SteelCityMan786
07-13-2006, 10:50 AM
Hmmm Playoff Projection Time
Wild Card:Steelers Have A Bye With Homefield Advantage throughout
Divisional:Steelers Get 1 Game Closer To Repeating in Super Bowl XLI after beating Cincy 24-7
AFC Championship: The Steelers Knock Off New England to head to Super Bowl XLI 24-10
Super Bowl XLI:Steelers repeat as Champions 31-3 over Carolina.

Elvis
07-13-2006, 05:14 PM
STEELERS27
EAGLES 17
God Bless
Elvis

Ohio Steeler
07-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Steelers 35
Giants 28

el_northo
07-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Gotta be the cowboys i reckon - owens isn't all bad...big ben to shine something special

o yeah and another crushing victory over the bengals...;-)

TheTruestBlackGoldFan
07-14-2006, 10:28 AM
Idk...it seems that for the last 4-5 years the NFC has been a toss up. The steelers will Be there for sure playing the cowboys. Steelers of course prevail get that sixth ring.

STEELERS 42 Dallas 17...if not dallas carolina...i see no other legitimate NFC teams...that INCLUDES seattle...sean alexander gets hurt this year...MADDEN CURSE!!

sheba
07-14-2006, 01:06 PM
I go with steelersvsdallas

blackngoldbaby
07-14-2006, 03:44 PM
id probally have to go with steelers vs panthers or a second pic would be steelers n seahawks.i just cant see the cowboys makin it to the super bowl this season they got some work to do but u never know about teams having injuries...n stuff u just have to wait till it all plays out but it is fun to make predictions though but i do have to say the steelers do have a good chance of repeating if all goes well(i hope so)!!!!!the sound of six champion ships sounds SWEET!!!!

4n2t0
02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Looks like SteelerFanInCA and I each got half of the equation correct. Two REALLY smart people. lol.

I took some flack for picking Indy..........so..........na nana boo boo!

polamalufan43
02-05-2007, 04:29 PM
I say it's gonna be a HOF game flashback and i'm going with Steelers vs. Saints. Might change during the preseason though...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Big D
02-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I dont know if this has been posted or not. But I was looking for your picks for the 07 super bowl.
I got... Panthers vs Steelers with the steelers pounding the kittys

Boy I blew it on this pick. Picking two five hundread teams. Well there's always next year.