PDA

View Full Version : Steelers make roster moves

steveironcity
02-08-2012, 04:37 PM
The Steelers announced today the signing of three players to offseason contracts.

Pittsburgh signed CB Myron Rolle, who spent the entire 2010 season on the practice squad of the Tennessee Titans and was released at the end of training camp in 2011. WR Juamorris Stewart joins the Steelers after spending part of the 2010 offseason with the Arizona Cardinals. Pittsburgh also signed LB Brandon Hicks after he was with the Buffalo Bills during their 2011 training camp.

The Steelers have terminated the contracts of CB Bryant McFadden

Full Article

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Make-Roster-Moves/99a42653-0df7-44b7-b9b2-c944a5795b82

6RingsAndCounting
02-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I thought Myron Rolle was a saftey?

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 04:45 PM
He is a safety. McFadden's gone! That dude got BURNT way too many times.

TRH
02-08-2012, 04:46 PM
nice to see McFadden go. I'm sure we'll be much more activity in the coming weeks.

Fire Arians
02-08-2012, 04:50 PM
toast mcfadden lol

55BaileyFan
02-08-2012, 04:51 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2012/02/roster-moves.html

No more McFadden or Battle

Fire Arians
02-08-2012, 04:52 PM
they were dead weight anyway

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Merged threads. Each thread cited different links so I just merged them rather than delete the duplicate.

jiminpa
02-08-2012, 05:17 PM
It was time for McFadden, but I appreciate his contribution his first time around. By the time he came back he was pretty much done.

btaylor179
02-08-2012, 05:21 PM
see ya

Bayz101
02-08-2012, 06:01 PM
It was time for McFadden, but I appreciate his contribution his first time around. By the time he came back he was pretty much done.

He did good in his earlier day's here, but he fell off bad at the end, as you said.

Edman
02-08-2012, 06:46 PM
The first big roster shakeup has begun. A longtime veteran is gone.

Adios Bryant Mcfadden. He had the stuff to be pretty good, but he never could stay healthy.

And trust me, this is not the end. With all the signed FA's and Todd Haley on board as the new OC, The Steelers are going to be looking MIGHTY different in 2012.

StainlessStill
02-08-2012, 07:03 PM
He did good in his earlier day's here, but he fell off bad at the end, as you said.

Agreed. I was certainly physicked-up when we made the draft day trade to acquire McFadden back from the Cards. I thought he was going to be the exact addition our secondary needed. Instead, I know he had an injury with Arizona and he was NOT the same athlete he was in 2005-2008. He pretty much became dead weight at one point in 2010 and was a complete waste of SPACE in 2011 after that horrendous opening day in Baltimore coming off of an hamstring injury. It's good that guys like Lewis, Butler, and even Gay in the Nickel/Dime can have solid steps forward.

jjpro11
02-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Agreed. I was certainly physicked-up when we made the draft day trade to acquire McFadden back from the Cards. I thought he was going to be the exact addition our secondary needed. Instead, I know he had an injury with Arizona and he was NOT the same athlete he was in 2005-2008. He pretty much became dead weight at one point in 2010 and was a complete waste of SPACE in 2011 after that horrendous opening day in Baltimore coming off of an hamstring injury. It's good that guys like Lewis, Butler, and even Gay in the Nickel/Dime can have solid steps forward.

i still don't understand what happened to McFadden.. he was so solid early on and looked like an up and coming stud. once he left for Arizona, it was as if he forgot how to play.

as a rookie, his pass break-up of Manning to Wayne in the end zone at the end of the Colts playoff game in 2005 was one of the most important individual plays all postseason. if Wayne gets behind him and makes that catch, we wouldn't have 6 rings.

BKAnthem
02-08-2012, 07:48 PM
eh...he was strictly a zone Corner that became to slow to play zone

beer72
02-09-2012, 12:36 AM
The Steelers began what may be a lengthy house-cleaning list when they released veterans Bryant McFadden and Arnaz Battle today.

McFadden opened the season as their starting left cornerback, after starting there in 2010 after returning to them via trade with Arizona. McFadden, however, was injured in the opener and lost his starting job to William Gay.

McFadden played six of his seven years with the Steelers, who drafted him in the second round in 2005.

Battle spent the past two seasons with the Steelers after signing as a free agent. A wide receiver, he played mostly on special teams.

The Steelers also waived two players they had signed to futures contracts -- tight end Miguel Chavis and linebacker Erik Clanton.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12039/1208965-100.stm#ixzz1lrO8bgq9

tanda10506
02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
Surprised Chavis is gone already with Saunders being suspended. Battle was decent on ST but no big loss and McFadden was addition by subtraction.

ZiggyHeyward
02-09-2012, 07:29 AM
sweet I can finally put my Bmac rookie cards where they belong... in the trash with my colclough rookies.
Unless someone wants them to tape to there bike spokes to make cool motorcycle noises

Rick5895
02-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Battle and McFadden were the easy cuts to make, another easy cut to make is Kemo (IMO). The hard part is coming. It's never easy to release guys who have been important parts of Super Bowl championship teams. I am very curious to see what will become of Farrior, Foote, A.Smith, Hampton and Ward. Hpefully they get a big re-structure done with Ward so his cap hit is minimal. I believe he will be needed to help the young WR with a new OC coming in.

Bayz101
02-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Battle and McFadden were the easy cuts to make, another easy cut to make is Kemo (IMO). The hard part is coming. It's never easy to release guys who have been important parts of Super Bowl championship teams. I am very curious to see what will become of Farrior, Foote, A.Smith, Hampton and Ward. Hpefully they get a big re-structure done with Ward so his cap hit is minimal. I believe he will be needed to help the young WR with a new OC coming in.

My opinion:

Aaron Smith, Hampton and Foote will all be gone. Farrior and Ward will probably take a pay-cut rather than a restructure. We've already restructured Woodley's contract and Timmons will probably be next in line.

Pentheon
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Man i remember when I was excited after we got mcfadden back, honestly he hasn't played well at all since his time back with us, he just wasnt working out and he needed to go...battle just never got to see playing time, he needed to go as well.