PDA

View Full Version : What is it, at a Steelers game, that......

clevestinks
07-11-2006, 08:33 PM
...... makes your hair on your neck stand up. Or gives you goose bumps, Or just just gives you chills.

For me its the Steelers Nation altogether chanting " Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go" Thats what does it for me, at times it almost brings a tear to my eye. I love that feeling, I love the towels in the air, and everyone as loud as possible

"Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!

Thats my weakness!

geran42o
07-11-2006, 08:40 PM
LOL I feel ya brother!!!! It's an almost HOLY experience. For me Steeler football is my religion. And I only get to make the trip to the Promised Land about 3 times a year, but I savor every moment of it.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!

melroseplace
07-11-2006, 08:41 PM
ohh man, just the whole atmosphere. I love how I forget about everything else that's going on and just focus on the game. granted I don't have to be there for that to happen. I went to the Cincy game at the beginning of Dec last year and was sitting in the Steelers endzone was Bettis scored a TD...that was pretty awesome b/c I knew I'd never see it in person again

Cape Cod Steel Head
07-11-2006, 08:46 PM
Its about being with family I don't even know, yet knowing that we all share something in common, and knowing that we've all got each others back!

Hamer
07-11-2006, 08:52 PM
For me I think it's when we get a sack or drop a back for a big loss- and the crowd stands up, goes freakin nuts, and all you see is towels and all you hear is screaming- and you can see the Steelers Defense just eating those cheers up, getting syked. The air is electric and you KNOW there's more of the same coming and you can see the other team just deflate.....

83-Steelers-43
07-11-2006, 08:57 PM
From the time I get out of my ride to set up tailgate.....being with fans I never met and fans that I see every home game to the chants during the game to the walk to my ride after the game. I love meeting fans that have never been to our city or a Steeler game in general, taking them in and showing them a good time. It's all beautiful, from 7 in the morning until 9 at night during a game day. Basically, I love it all.

BlacknGold Bleeder
07-11-2006, 09:07 PM
simple...it just doesn't get any better !!!

steelerdude
07-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Watching the Super Bowl DVD highlights set to music. That gets me everytime.

stlrtruck
07-12-2006, 08:29 AM
It could also be the fact that our fans don't pan out tickets like other teams do.

It's also a great feeling going into a visiting stadium and by half time there's only two things you can hear. A Steelers fan ordering another round of beers and Steelers Nation chanting HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

HometownGal
07-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Watching the Steelers coming out of the tunnel all fired up and hearing their names announced brings my first goosebumps, and seeing (or experiencing) that sea of black and gold going wild during a game pumps me up even more! :cool:

ARKIESTEEL
07-12-2006, 09:49 AM
I have only been to away games but watching the other teams fans file out of their seats late in the 3rd to go home after getting the snot kicked out of them. The look of I cant belive I talked crap to that Steeler fan 2 hours ago now I have to tuck my tail and run.

lamberts-lost-tooth
07-12-2006, 09:55 AM
...... makes your hair on your neck stand up. Or gives you goose bumps, Or just just gives you chills.

For me its the Steelers Nation altogether chanting " Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go" Thats what does it for me, at times it almost brings a tear to my eye. I love that feeling, I love the towels in the air, and everyone as loud as possible

"Here We Go Steelers Here We Go!

Thats my weakness!

For me...(since my experiences have all been away games)...Its the kinship and bond of the Steeler nation...I have high-fived dudes that I have never met...hugged Steelerdames that happened to sit beside us ..and even got a kiss on the cheek from a lovely young lady... There are NO STRANGERS when you wear the Black & Gold!!!!!!

BlackNGold203
07-12-2006, 09:59 AM
After tailgating...as thousands of Steeler fans are filing into the stadium....chanting "HERE WE GO STEELERS"...or singing the fight song...LOL...complete strangers for the most part...drawn together as brothers and sisters under a single banner...THIS IS STEELERS COUNTRY...everyone knows the words....the adrenelin rush as the players come out of the tunnel...the incredible buildup to kickoff...

There is so much...its simply...THE BEST

section514
07-12-2006, 10:30 AM
aside from the here we go chant, its that damn Renegade Defense video that they play, holy shit i get so fired up...

SteelersMongol
07-12-2006, 10:45 AM
I was never at the games. I just watched them on TV. :smile: So I like few things from the Steelers games.

1. The fans. Even when the Steelers are having a "bad day" they never leave, hold their hopes high.

2. Hines Ward's smiles

3. When our defense kicks some arse and put out good play.

4. You know what? I like everything. :smile:

SteelerFanInCA
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
For me it's seeing a sea of black & gold through out the entire stadium. To sit there knowing we have all come together for the same purpose of winning a football game!!!!

Being from Calif, I try to get back to steeltown for at least one home game every season. Attending a Steelers home game in Pittsburgh, well I can't think of enough words to justify the sureal experience.

clevestinks
07-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Watching the Steelers coming out of the tunnel all fired up and hearing their names announced brings my first goosebumps, and seeing (or experiencing) that sea of black and gold going wild during a game pumps me up even more! :cool:
This was my second choice but close. Especially the last name they call. I was there when Porter made his first start after getting shot. the place was rumbling

clevestinks
07-12-2006, 03:47 PM
For me...(since my experiences have all been away games)...Its the kinship and bond of the Steeler nation...I have high-fived dudes that I have never met...hugged Steelerdames that happened to sit beside us ..and even got a kiss on the cheek from a lovely young lady... There are NO STRANGERS when you wear the Black & Gold!!!!!!
You said it, everywhere I go, its a special kin ship that cannot be replaced. This is what makes a Steelers fans! god Bless you all. Rep for all of you!

section514
07-12-2006, 04:44 PM
cheering for jerome as he came off the field after getting 100 yards in the chicago game was awesome too! i think we ignored about 3 plays to cheer for jerome

Steelillini
07-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Other than the game itself and the fans going crazy, especially when we need a defensive stop. The hanging out before the game and everyone treats each other like family is the best--even at the away games. My first game at TRS started at 10 in the morning (a little late for a 4pm game) ended at about 10pm in the parking lot. That was some unbelievable tailgating back then. The tailgating seemed to go on forever and it was so close to the stadium.

At away games the passion the Steeler fans have is unreal. We are the minority (unless you were in Memphis in 1997) but we are one big family........

Sharkissle29
07-12-2006, 11:26 PM
all the towels waving, i can not even begin to imagine what its like to be there at a playoff game!

it gives me goosebumps when i see it on tv...i remember one game in specific, 2 years ago against the jets

clevestinks
07-13-2006, 05:33 AM
There is NO wrong answer for this thread!

ARKIESTEEL
07-13-2006, 07:19 AM
Other than the game itself and the fans going crazy, especially when we need a defensive stop. The hanging out before the game and everyone treats each other like family is the best--even at the away games. My first game at TRS started at 10 in the morning (a little late for a 4pm game) ended at about 10pm in the parking lot. That was some unbelievable tailgating back then. The tailgating seemed to go on forever and it was so close to the stadium.

At away games the passion the Steeler fans have is unreal. We are the minority (unless you were in Memphis in 1997) but we are one big family........

I was at that game the last game of the season it was sleeting and snowing

Acy18
07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
Since I have never been to Pittsburgh, I can't truthfully elaborate on the games in Pittsburgh, but I love it when I go to an away game and half (if not more) of the stadium are Steelers fans. The most fun I have ever had at a football game, was in 2004 at the Steelers vs. Cowboys, after the Steelers scored late in the 4th quarter to take the lead, and all I saw was a sea of Terrible Towels in Texas Stadium. It was greatness!

I remember my GF's boss (who got us the tickets) telling me he had never seen so many away fans or a louder more enthused away crowd than the Steelers fans at that game. And he has been a season ticket holder for the Cowboys for over 20 years. I LOVE the energy and loyalty Steelers fans show at the game.