PDA

View Full Version : I've just pulled off a first

CAH
07-11-2006, 11:19 PM
I play around a lot on boards and for the first time, I have a subscribed thread. Didn't mean it to happen so what is an easy way to unsubscribe the darn thing? If fact, I don't even know what a subscribed thread is for.

Anyone who laughs, has to cheer for the Cowboys for 3 games.

slashsteel
07-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Well if you don't pay them any money, I would guess they eventually would go away. ;)

Hopefully this answered you qion sweet young thang. lol

Livinginthe past
07-12-2006, 02:16 AM
Hey CAH,

Just had a quick search around the forum.

If you click on 'Quick Links' at the top of the screen it should give you a list of all the threads you are 'subscribed to'.

Select subscribed threads

Then tick the boxes next to the subscribed threads you wish to delete.

There is then another drop down menu underneath the list of your subscribed threads - open this up and select delete subscription.

That should sort you out.

I have no idea how you end up subscribing to threads - I am subscribed to 9 seemingly random ones - but the idea is you can be notified by email if someone posts a reply in a particular thread....you know...if you are too gosh darn busy to just go have a look :cool:

Hope that helps

NM

CAH
07-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks, LITP. Your directions seem so easy. It's just good to know what it was all about but I've never been interested enough to ask before.

Man_Of_Steel
07-12-2006, 12:26 PM
So what happens when you're subscribed to a thread? Do you get emails?

slashsteel
07-15-2006, 04:39 PM

You get a 12 by 12 photo copy of your reply, sent to your home bi-weekly. Really looks snazzy (framed) in a office environment or at home hanging in the living room. :bouncy:

CAH
07-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Actually, I didn't get anything and didn't see anything different. I was just curious in case I started getting more of those subscription icons. DOH.

SteelerzGirl
07-16-2006, 12:42 PM

Yesssssss... And they're a pain in the butt because you will get an e-mail for every darn thread you happened to have posted in when someone else posts in it after you. That may not bother some folks, but I simply don't have time to sort through junk e-mail, so I made sure I'm not subscribed to any threads. It's a personal preference thing, though, as some people may like the feature. :smile: