PDA

View Full Version : Are Draft

fujirama24
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Just kind of getting a feel about what we might do in the draft. I really feel at this point we are going offensive line. Either a tackle or a guard. Yeah we have a need at NT but I really think they are going to redo Hamptons Contract and sign him for another 3 years or so. If they go BPA then it would be a inside linebacker but. I don't see it the biggest weekness on this team is OLine. I can see us going Oline in the first. NT in the second. And then another OLineman in the third or maybe a ILB. I would love to have Hightower ILB- Alabama in the first but I can really see us going OLine and it wouldn't make me made at all. If we could somehow get a Tackle. Then we could move colon inside where he belongs and have a decent line. What are your thoughts.

Bayz101
02-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I would like us to address lineman need's in round one, but i'm expecting us to take Hightower (ILB) or Mark Barron (Safety). I hope we take Cordy Glenn or Mike Thomas if available.

fujirama24
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM
I love hightower or even burflict. But who the heck is Mark Thomas. Do you mean chase thomas out of stanford. I don't see anyone named mark thomas on my list and I have a very long list of names.

tburhans
02-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Im assuming he meant mike adams from ohio state

ItalianSteelersFan178443
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
Just kind of getting a feel about what we might do in the draft. I really feel at this point we are going offensive line. Either a tackle or a guard. Yeah we have a need at NT but I really think they are going to redo Hamptons Contract and sign him for another 3 years or so. If they go BPA then it would be a inside linebacker but. I don't see it the biggest weekness on this team is OLine. I can see us going Oline in the first. NT in the second. And then another OLineman in the third or maybe a ILB. I would love to have Hightower ILB- Alabama in the first but I can really see us going OLine and it wouldn't make me made at all. If we could somehow get a Tackle. Then we could move colon inside where he belongs and have a decent line. What are your thoughts.

I could definitely see us going OL with our first pick, but if there are no good prospects they like at OL they will take a NT, possibly D. Poe or J. Worthy. There is no chance in hell that they will give Hampton a 3year extension though, he just tore his ACL and possibly could miss text season, this may easily be the end of Hampton. I would definitely love seeing Hightower in Black and Gold next season as well too

bay_area_STEELER_11
02-11-2012, 03:02 AM
Yea I know o-line is a big need but if the number 1 guard DeCastro from Stanford is not available by the time we pick I'd go with Hightower because their are more quality O-line in this draft class then MLB. After Hightower and Burifict theirs a big drop off in MLB. I think the kid form boston college is a better fit for 4-3 scheme. I would take Hightower too because of the 3-4 scheme he came from. Number 1 defense across the board and he was the leader of the D calling the plays. I wouldn't take a NT in the 1st or 2nd because like o-line the d-line has a lot of quality players in this draft class. I would aim at round 3 or 4 to take a NT. Don't forget about Mychal Kendricks from CAL he's my sleeper. He played OLB his sophomore and junior years then moved to MLB when he was senior where he won Pac-12 defensive player of the year.

Mychal Kendricks, OLB, California
Height: 6-0. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.
Projected Round (2012): 4-5.
12/26/11: Kendricks has 96 tackles with 13 tackles for a loss, three sacks, two passes broken up and two interceptions. He has increased his tackle total dramatically from 2010, but his sack production was nowhere near the same level.

8/23/11: Mychal Kendricks broke out last season as a rush linebacker for California. He recorded 8.5 sacks with 15 tackles for a loss and 66 tackles. Kendricks could use some more size to play outside linebacker in a NFL 3-4 defense, but has quality blitzing kills and if he has another quality season, should solidify his mid-round status.

CAL CAREER: Played in all 51 games possible during his four campaigns at Cal from 2008-11 with 29 starts, with all of the starts coming in his final three seasons (2009-11) ... earned several All-American honors as a senior, including second-team selections by Phil Steele and College Sports Madness ... also a third-team All-American selection of Yahoo! Sports and an honorable mention pick of SI.com ... named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year and a first-team all-conference selection as a senior, after earning second-team all-league honors during his junior campaign ... finished his career with 258 tackles to rank tied for ninth all-time at Cal, while adding 36.5 tackles for loss (-144 yards) to miss finishing among the school's all-time leaders by one-half of a tackle for loss ... added 13.5 sacks (-98 yards), seven fumble recoveries, four interceptions that he returned for 130 yards and a touchdown, five pass breakups and a forced fumble ... also had a punt return in which he was credited with 26 punt returns yards after he blocked a punt before teammate Bryant Nnabuife picked the ball up and ran 30 yards for a score vs. Colorado State in 2008, five pass breakups and a forced fumble ... recorded at least 0.5 tackles for loss 24 times in his career, including in 19 of his final 25 games ... played inside linebacker as a 2011 senior after spending most of his collegiate career as an outside linebacker.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fA3_XaOOIiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BKAnthem
02-11-2012, 11:17 AM
I would like to see the Oline addressed in rounds 1-2, we've drafted plenty of DL and LB's the last 2 drafts it's time for those dudes to step it up....and we have no luck with OL in later rounds because we don't have an eye for spotting talent there except for the no brainers

bay_area_STEELER_11
02-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I would like to see the Oline addressed in rounds 1-2, we've drafted plenty of DL and LB's the last 2 drafts it's time for those dudes to step it up....and we have no luck with OL in later rounds because we don't have an eye for spotting talent there except for the no brainers

Your Right. O-line is the biggest need, but sitting at 24 most of the top OT's and OG's might be gone. In our case we hope some of them are still available. The top 4 tackles are projected top 15 pick. The Top Guard is projected top 20 pick. He should be a top 10 guy. DeCastro should be top 3 on Steelers draft board because he's the most complete OG I've seen in recent years. I haven't seen a guard rated this high in a while. As far as LB's we might need to tune up the MLB positions. They brought back Foote because Sylvester can't get it done. I like Sylvester too, but if he's not making a transition already to become a starting MLB over Foote then I guess he's just a special teamers. Worlids didn't really catch my eye and he's in year 3 going on 4. I thought he would be a beast filling in for Harrison or Woodley when they were out this season but he flopped. I'll give him another year to prove himself. When Timmons came into the league and then Willis came in a year after I really thought Timmons was way better then Willis. I think my mind changed after a couple of seasons. Don't get me wrong Timmons is a great MLB but Patrick Willis passed him up over the years. So if all the top o-line are gone by pick 24 then we should get Hightower because if we don't then I hope the Ravens won't grab him. Hightower would be great next to Timmons after Farrior and Foote are gone. With that said if Hightower is gone as well then we should take the next Guard available. If DeCastro makes it past 15 or 17 I think we should trade up to grab him.