PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting the PS Vita?

Fire Arians
02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Reserved mine today, I hope it's not a fail like the PSP

Bayz101
02-11-2012, 04:05 PM
I really, REALLY want it. I hear it's doing awful in sales, but i'm not upset with my Ps3, so I think it'll be worth it.

Fire Arians
02-11-2012, 04:32 PM
I really, REALLY want it. I hear it's doing awful in sales, but i'm not upset with my Ps3, so I think it'll be worth it.

i think it will do well if sony gets some strong titles under the platform. after how much of a disappointment the PSP was, I think a lot of people are taking a wait-and-see approach on it. the hardware is impressive, supposedly it can handle full-blown ps3 quality games, so the potential is there.

it seems like the dev team is taking this one really seriously, treating it as an actual console instead of an afterthought like the original PSP, so that's why i decided to take the gamble on it.

Bayz101
02-11-2012, 04:40 PM
i think it will do well if sony gets some strong titles under the platform. after how much of a disappointment the PSP was, I think a lot of people are taking a wait-and-see approach on it. the hardware is impressive, supposedly it can handle full-blown ps3 quality games, so the potential is there.

it seems like the dev team is taking this one really seriously, treating it as an actual console instead of an afterthought like the original PSP, so that's why i decided to take the gamble on it.

It's definitely impressive, just wish it could handle the 4G tech. That's what everything will be before long. Do you have a PS3?

Fire Arians
02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
no, that's why I'm inclined to get the PS vita. I was at best buy and noticed that they were taking reservations for it. I did some quick research on it and saw that FF12 was also coming out for the vita, and so I was sold lol. I'm mostly a RPG player, if it gets the same RPG titles as the PS3, then it's worth it in my book.

also i'm more a fan of handheld gaming systems. I don't like to sit around and play games for hours on end, a portable sorta gives me the option to throw it in my backpack and play here and there, rather than having to go all the way home to play something

Bayz101
02-11-2012, 05:46 PM
no, that's why I'm inclined to get the PS vita. I was at best buy and noticed that they were taking reservations for it. I did some quick research on it and saw that FF12 was also coming out for the vita, and so I was sold lol. I'm mostly a RPG player, if it gets the same RPG titles as the PS3, then it's worth it in my book.

also i'm more a fan of handheld gaming systems. I don't like to sit around and play games for hours on end, a portable sorta gives me the option to throw it in my backpack and play here and there, rather than having to go all the way home to play something

Well when you get the vita you'll have to create a PSN account. It's free. Send me your PSN name on here and i'll add you. Vita actually does the cross-platform. You can chat with PS3 users, and in some cases, play PS3 game's with them as well.

Fire Arians
02-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Well when you get the vita you'll have to create a PSN account. It's free. Send me your PSN name on here and i'll add you. Vita actually does the cross-platform. You can chat with PS3 users, and in some cases, play PS3 game's with them as well.

good stuff man, I'll do that. Expecting to get it on the 22nd :thumbsup:

Bayz101
02-13-2012, 01:06 PM
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/review-playstation-vita-puts-big-time-gaming-palm-160009227.html

Fire Arians
02-19-2012, 05:35 PM
3 more days, can't wait lol

Bayz101
02-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Getting close...Hitting the shelves midnight Tuesday here in Ohio. Contemplating getting it.

stb_steeler
02-23-2012, 09:09 AM
There out...no long lines.....:chuckle:

Fire Arians
02-23-2012, 03:43 PM
this thing is pretty sweet ;)

Bayz101
02-23-2012, 03:51 PM
I'll be getting this thing as soon as the money add's up. Seen the reviews, i'm sold.

Bayz101
02-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Although all three of the gamestop's in my area are out-of-stock on every model and bundle. Seems that way with Wal-Mart and Best Buy as well. I'll probably be waiting a while.

Fire Arians
02-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Although all three of the gamestop's in my area are out-of-stock on every model and bundle. Seems that way with Wal-Mart and Best Buy as well. I'll probably be waiting a while.

yeah all the stores here are sold out of uncharted. i guess ill download it from the PS store, good thing i picked up a 16 gig memory card lol

seems to be selling a lot here in hawaii also

Bayz101
02-23-2012, 04:55 PM
yeah all the stores here are sold out of uncharted. i guess ill download it from the PS store, good thing i picked up a 16 gig memory card lol

seems to be selling a lot here in hawaii also

How much was the memory card? I'm going to need to pick one up.

Fire Arians
02-23-2012, 08:32 PM
How much was the memory card? I'm going to need to pick one up.

can get em off amazon for about 55ish, bought it before picking up my vita from the store cause they didn't carry anything above 8gb, which is the gayest thing ever

Bayz101
02-29-2012, 03:06 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/28/vita-sales-hit-1-2-million-worldwide-software-surpasses-2-milli/

Fire Arians
02-29-2012, 11:08 AM
i've been playing the crap out of blazblue continuum sift extend, shit's addicting.

Bayz101
02-29-2012, 01:30 PM
I can't wait to get my hands on UC: Golden Abyss. I own every other Uncharted game, and their all amazing to say the least...

Fire Arians
02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
nice. ya im at a busy time in my life so i thought getting a fighting game wouldn't draw me in so much. but ah screw it, i'm gonna get UC soon lol.

Bayz101
02-29-2012, 06:18 PM
It'll be worth it. It'll likely have you wanting to grab a Playstation 3 next to play Uncharted One, Two and Three.

IowaSteeler927
03-03-2012, 03:54 AM
Bought one a few days ago. Pretty impressed with it myself. I went with the Wifi only model. AT&T is the 3g provider and I've heard nothing but bad things about AT&T and their poor coverage. As for the Vita it's an impressive handheld system. Having dual analog sticks makes for manageable controls which was a major issues with the PSP. The screen is very vivid and clear, and the graphics are phenomenal for a handheld system. The only real drawback with it so far is that there isn't a lot of content available for it yet, the remote play isn't really fully functional nor flushed out, and Playstation 1 Classics are not yet available for play on the Vita through the Playstation Store.

I read somewhere though that PS1 classics are supposed to be out this month which I am very hopeful for. I already have a backlog of downloaded PS1 Classics that I'll be able to redownload onto my Vita. Can't wait to play the Resident Evil series, Silent Hill, Metal Gear, and Command and Conquer. Right now I'm stuck with Uncharted which is pretty awesome and I downloaded Plants vs. Zombies which is a rather addictive game.

All in all I recommend the Vita if you're looking for a handheld.

Bayz101
03-03-2012, 08:28 PM
Nice! Thanks for your review! Publishers and content providers will be dishing out applications, games and downloads very soon, and PSOne classics are set to hit the store later this month.

IowaSteeler927
03-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Nice! Thanks for your review! Publishers and content providers will be dishing out applications, games and downloads very soon, and PSOne classics are set to hit the store later this month.

No problem. It's an impressive piece of handheld hardware. I've played everything from the original gameboy to the Sega Nomad and this is definitely the best so far, though I did absolutely love the Nomad.

Fire Arians
03-09-2012, 01:32 PM
I currently have been playing Persona 3 (psp version), I need to catch up on that series as I've only played 1 & 2 and they were among my favorite RPG's. Can't wait till 4 & 5 are released on vita

IowaSteeler927
03-22-2012, 01:40 AM
I currently have been playing Persona 3 (psp version), I need to catch up on that series as I've only played 1 & 2 and they were among my favorite RPG's. Can't wait till 4 & 5 are released on vita

I just picked up Unit 13 which is pretty cool. My big thing is the PS1 Classics. Have been waiting in suspense to hear anything serious about when they come out since I bought my Vita.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 01:48 AM
A new PSVita firmware update is scheduled to be released in April. This update is suspected to enable PlayStation One Classic support.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 01:50 AM
Enabling PsOne Classic support on the Vita opens up the handheld console to hacking and home brew developing. Their trying to make that less likely.

Bayz101
03-22-2012, 01:51 AM
Thanks for your loyalty to PlayStation and purchasing a PS Vita. We are
very pleased that you are enjoying the device. Sorry for the delay in
getting back to you, but I needed to do some research on your question.

At this time, we are not ready to announce a date for PS One/Classic
availability on PS Vita, but be assured that they are coming later this
year. Unfortunately, I can not be more specific than that since there are
many tasks that need to be completed in order to successfully launch these
titles and ensure proper operation.

Please understand that providing this functionality, as well as providing
all types of content for our Vita consumers, remains a top priority.
Again, thanks for your loyal support of PlayStation and PS Vita.

Best Regards,

Glenn J. Nash
SVP, Operations
Sony Computer Entertainment America

IowaSteeler927
03-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks for your loyalty to PlayStation and purchasing a PS Vita. We are
very pleased that you are enjoying the device. Sorry for the delay in
getting back to you, but I needed to do some research on your question.

At this time, we are not ready to announce a date for PS One/Classic
availability on PS Vita, but be assured that they are coming later this
year. Unfortunately, I can not be more specific than that since there are
many tasks that need to be completed in order to successfully launch these
titles and ensure proper operation.

Please understand that providing this functionality, as well as providing
all types of content for our Vita consumers, remains a top priority.
Again, thanks for your loyal support of PlayStation and PS Vita.

Best Regards,

Glenn J. Nash
SVP, Operations
Sony Computer Entertainment America

:banging:
:mad:
:banging:
:mad:

Bayz101
03-30-2012, 04:17 PM
Update on the PS Vita: Playing PS One game's via remote play is now possible. You just need the PS One disc in your Playstation 3 console with the Vita connected to the PS3 via Remote Play. Ps One Classics coming soon.

Bayz101
03-31-2012, 06:03 PM
I'm actually posting this from the vita, not bad.

Fire Arians
04-02-2012, 12:30 PM
im kinda in awe how good the graphics are on uncharted, its almost like ps3 quality on a handheld