PDA

View Full Version : Brett Keisel loses 25 lbs since end of season

tony hipchest
02-09-2012, 11:44 PM
...is a move to linebacker in the works?

https://twitter.com/#!/bkeisel99/status/167806655608786944/photo/1

Fire Arians
02-09-2012, 11:59 PM
thats a lot of weight to lose so quickly. i hope it's not health issues

tony hipchest
02-10-2012, 12:20 AM
:chuckle: ...or tapeworms...

or meth. he looks kinda sickly. barely recognizable.

Millers the sh!t
02-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Hair loss.... That's what Kemo does to ya. Other side effects are drive killing holding penalties.

tony hipchest
02-10-2012, 12:30 AM
lol... nice! :thumbsup:

tanda10506
02-10-2012, 03:09 AM
Maybe he is just getting in better shape. There was one play this year where Keisel seemed to be playing LB and dropped back in coverage, he covered a RB out of the backfield who ended up getting a catch for no gain after Keisel smashed him in the flat. It's the only play I really noticed where he played LB but he did good. Little late in his career to change positions though.

tunes4life
02-10-2012, 09:48 AM
It was prolly 25lbs of hair off of his chin.

stb_steeler
02-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Wow didnt think the beard was that heavy... :doh:

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 10:51 AM
It was just the beard :chuckle:

plenewken
02-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Ben should do the same.

Darkstorm05
02-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Ben should do the same.

Ok, I've been seeing comments all over that Ben is getting chunky this off season. Does anyone actually have any links to pics to show this trend? I know he didn't look so hot at the end of last season, but really, for anyone out there over age 26, you take a shot at having a bum foot cut out the bulk of your exercise for a couple months and see how long you stay rail thin. Is he really getting THAT bad?

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Ok, I've been seeing comments all over that Ben is getting chunky this off season. Does anyone actually have any links to pics to show this trend? I know he didn't look so hot at the end of last season, but really, for anyone out there over age 26, you take a shot at having a bum foot cut out the bulk of your exercise for a couple months and see how long you stay rail thin. Is he really getting THAT bad?

No. He was MUCH bigger in the Super Bowl 43 off-season. He was chunky and out of breath coming into the '09 9-7 season. He then came into last season (2010 Super Bowl appearance season) looking healthy and thin, probably the best he'd looked in quite a while. He seems to have gotten a bit bigger since then, but nothing dramatic. He's been injured this season, taking away the mobility needed to exercise properly. He's fine.

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 02:13 PM
You be the judge:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/GaiaBayz/2012ProBowl_Benonthebeach2.jpg

He's wore a flak jacket in game's this year a majority of the time, maybe that's why everyone think's he's a lard ass :chuckle:

plenewken
02-10-2012, 03:35 PM
You be the judge:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo60/GaiaBayz/2012ProBowl_Benonthebeach2.jpg

He's wore a flak jacket in game's this year a majority of the time, maybe that's why everyone think's he's a lard ass :chuckle:

There's a portrait picture of him in the Post-Gazette today and he looks like an OL. The guy is over 250lbs, guaranteed.

kan_t
02-10-2012, 03:41 PM
His beard weighs 25 lbs?

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 03:42 PM
There's a portrait picture of him in the Post-Gazette today and he looks like an OL. The guy is over 250lbs, guaranteed.

LMAO! Ok.

tony hipchest
02-10-2012, 03:45 PM
in regards to ben i really think its the flack jacket and all the padding he wears.

in regards to keisel, i think some forgot to click the picture link in the OP.

Whodis
02-10-2012, 03:46 PM
:chuckle: ...or tapeworms...

or meth. he looks kinda sickly. barely recognizable.

they aren't as bad as those Feneca pictures!! He looked like he walked off the set of Intervention.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/alan%20faneca%20weight%20loss/shortyshane_2006/alanfaneca.jpg

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 03:48 PM
in regards to ben i really think its the flack jacket and all the padding he wears.

in regards to keisel, i think some forgot to click the picture link in the OP.

He wears a Flak Jacket and another layer of padding beneath labeled as a "Rib cage protector". He came into this season at 241, one more pound gained off last year. He's getting old, lol.

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Ben should do the same.

Haha, why are you so sensitive over Ben's weight? He come home to you a bit chubby, honey?

:rofl:

Damn man Ben's got to lose weight for plenewken, he's not impressed :chuckle:

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 03:53 PM
As for Brett, I think it's great what he's doing with that twenty-five pound clump of hair. Great fundraiser. Noticed his dad, and even another family member shaved their's as well.

Darkstorm05
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM

Comparison pic. Note the sensual, hourglass curves of the O-Lineman, reminiscent of the gently rolling landscape of our beloved Pennsylvanian hills? Ben, not so much. Nice straight angles, minimalist party pouch belly vs stocked pantry breadbasket.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1520&stc=1&d=1328907212

stb_steeler
02-10-2012, 04:42 PM
they aren't as bad as those Feneca pictures!! He looked like he walked off the set of Intervention.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/alan%20faneca%20weight%20loss/shortyshane_2006/alanfaneca.jpg

Yeah Faneca looks like he never was an 260lb lineman....talk about a major weight loss.

Kingmagyar
02-10-2012, 04:57 PM
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Ben+Roethlisberger+Wife+Playing+Golf+Hawaii+hlXEYw hUqA9l.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Ben+Roethlisberger+Wife+Playing+Golf+Hawaii+ME1EWr CRvRzl.jpg

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/fp/Ben+Roethlisberger+Wife+Playing+Golf+Hawaii+2Y1cy8 ev4DQl.jpg

Bayz101
02-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Nope, still not an offensive lineman :chuckle:

Am I missing something?

Steel Peon
02-10-2012, 09:28 PM
It was prolly 25lbs of hair off of his chin.
Lol Yeah, I was gonna say: "Are you telling me that his beard weighed 25 lbs? 'Cause that's bullshit, if that's what you're saying."

steeltheone
02-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Ben came into last season looking so trim because he was under the gun from the Georgia rape claims. Stuff like that tends to be a great motivator.

Twentyvalve
02-11-2012, 10:00 AM
He looks a little gooey, but not like a lineman.

However, he is a professional athlete who relies on his fitness and mobility, and a quarterback at that. I think he should be in far better shape than he is. I think that would go a long way in keeping him healthy and even more effective. It is common sense - if he is in better physical shape, he will perform better. I bet most, if not all of the QB's in the league look much fitter.

I remember a Nike commercial from years back where he had his shirt off. He was in great shape. I think the man should at least get some muscle tone! He ain't getting any younger.

plenewken
02-11-2012, 01:22 PM
He looks a little gooey, but not like a lineman.

However, he is a professional athlete who relies on his fitness and mobility, and a quarterback at that. I think he should be in far better shape than he is. I think that would go a long way in keeping him healthy and even more effective. It is common sense - if he is in better physical shape, he will perform better. I bet most, if not all of the QB's in the league look much fitter.

I remember a Nike commercial from years back where he had his shirt off. He was in great shape. I think the man should at least get some muscle tone! He ain't getting any younger.

I was kidding when I said he looks like a lineman but his pictures on the golf course are telling of a guy who doesn't act like a professional athlete, let alone a >$100M one.
I can't wait for Haley to send him to the gym with a clear objective of getting back in top physical condition.

harts
02-11-2012, 01:26 PM
move to linebacker....... lol
wouldnt be surprised if he retired
losing too much weight will not help him on the D-line

StainlessStill
02-11-2012, 02:02 PM
You don't have to look like Sylvester Stallone to be in shape. That's one of the biggest misconceptions of people ignorance to the body. Sure, having the 8 pack abs is one thing (diet being the key ingredient VS actual training) but athletes that seem to have extra percentage of body fat doesn't necessarily mean they aren't in shape.

Ben's body structure has more-so to do with genes than anything else. He lacks muscle definition but as long as he is in shape, his body image will remain a non-issue to me. Never has, never will.

plenewken
02-11-2012, 02:17 PM
You don't have to look like Sylvester Stallone to be in shape. That's one of the biggest misconceptions of people ignorance to the body. Sure, having the 8 pack abs is one thing (diet being the key ingredient VS actual training) but athletes that seem to have extra percentage of body fat doesn't necessarily mean they aren't in shape.

Ben's body structure has more-so to do with genes than anything else. He lacks muscle definition but as long as he is in shape, his body image will remain a non-issue to me. Never has, never will.

Ben has lost a lot of speed and mobility compared to 4 or 5 years ago, that's obvious. Don't tell us he's in shape cause he's not.

tony hipchest
02-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I was kidding when I said he looks like a lineman but his pictures on the golf course are telling of a guy who doesn't act like a professional athlete, let alone a >$100M one.
I can't wait for Haley to send him to the gym with a clear objective of getting back in top physical condition.when was the last time anyone seen the manning bros, favre, or breese/bradys's six pack?

as far as bens conditioning, he could go for 8 quarters if anyone asked him, and could probably hang with any teammate on the hoops court for a 90 minute game.

MasterOfPuppets
02-12-2012, 12:51 PM

so your sayin fat people are just "big boned "
the growth of an extra chin is genetic evolution...:toofunny:

i got a chubby buddy that tells people he ain't fat , he's just short. he says if i were 6-5 instead of 5-8 i'd be just the right weight ....

FrancoLambert
02-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Ben doesn't have to turn himself into Charles Atlas.

However, one good look at him and it's obvious he has some excess baggage.

A little weight loss and some better conditioning couldn't hurt, right?

It's about discipline, commitment, and dedication. Who doesn't benefit from improving these?

Black N' Yellow
02-12-2012, 05:25 PM
Ben has lost a lot of speed and mobility compared to 4 or 5 years ago, that's obvious. Don't tell us he's in shape cause he's not.

Sprained foot and ankle this year and the fact he's 30 compared to 25 tell you ANYTHING?

tony hipchest
02-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Ben: "Do I look fat in these jeans?"

Thousands of male fans: "YES!"

:sissies:

just sayin.

Bayz101
02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Jesus Christ, people still complaining about Ben's weight? Fine. Ben needs to lose 20 pounds. The MINUTE he does that, you''ll be bitching about how easily he's taken to the ground next year, i'd bet money on that. Ben's fine. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Bayz101
02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Ben: "Do I look fat in these jeans?"

Thousands of male fans: "YES!"

:sissies:

just sayin.

:rofl::rofl:

MACH1
02-12-2012, 05:49 PM
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lql2450vBi1qaxofvo1_r1_500.gif
You callin me fat!

:chuckle:

Twentyvalve
02-12-2012, 08:07 PM
He should be even more motivated then. I still think he looks a bit too goeey for an NFL quarterback. There are plenty of thirty year old injured players in the league who look to be much fitter. Hell, he makes the kickers look great.

I am not saying he needs to be cut, not everyone has that in them, but witth access to facilities, trainers, and nothing formal to do for the next 6 months he needs to getto work. Especially since he has most of his legal issues and most recent injuries behind him.

Heck, I am 42, and I am trimmer than him. I don't do much of anything these days.

Sprained foot and ankle this year and the fact he's 30 compared to 25 tell you ANYTHING?