PDA

View Full Version : Why your team won't win the SuperBowl

CantStop85
07-11-2006, 11:38 PM
The article's a bit lengthy, so I'll just paste the AFC North part, but you can see the rest of the article at: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5775802
AFC North

Pittsburgh Steelers
Losing a Bus and gaining a bike probably won't matter as much as losing Antwaan Randle El. Replacement rookie Santonio Holmes may provide more dropped passes than dropped charges.

Cincinnati Bengals
Their criminal-element roll call makes that fictional team from ESPN's Playmakers seem like candidates for a rerun tour on Nickelodeon. The Bengals also may suffer on kickoff return coverage if Chad Johnson fails to find loopholes in the TD celebration rule.

Cleveland Browns
They have a good, young quarterback. Too bad he's not Steve Young.

Baltimore Ravens
When Ray Lewis asks his defensive teammates for the time, they should tell him it's 11:59 p.m. Steve McNair may be an improvement at quarterback, but the AFC North looks like the Group of Death.

Hawk Believer
07-11-2006, 11:51 PM
Seattle Seahawks -The superbowl loser curse:yikes:

CantStop85
07-11-2006, 11:53 PM
Seattle Seahawks -The superbowl loser curse:yikes:
On top of the Madden curse...success is a bitch, huh? lol

SteelShooter
07-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Pffffffffffftttt ! ! ! !

83-Steelers-43
07-12-2006, 10:02 AM
It's amazing what a TD throw from a WR can do in a Super Bowl for that players reputation....

The same was said after the 2004 season when we were minus Plaxico Burress and around the same time when these "experts" didn't even know who Antwaan Randle El was. Same old, same old.

BlackNGold203
07-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Let's tally up El's regular season TD catches.....

OK..I'm done....

Jeremy
07-12-2006, 11:05 AM
Do any writers actually research their articles anymore?

klick81
07-12-2006, 11:08 AM

OK..I'm done....
^^^LOL!

klick81
07-12-2006, 11:16 AM
Hahaha! I liked this one:

Indianapolis Colts
Until the league offers a bye from the regular season to the Super Bowl, most of us will remain suspicious of Peyton Manning in January.

CowherLover
07-12-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't want any of them pickin us for squat! I like being the underdog from the motivational sense. Keep that chip on J Peezy's shoulder fresh for the season. It would've been nice to get some recognition but screw it! Hopefully it will give them more of an edge to start the season with and not be screwin around with the wildcard crap like last year. Takin years off of my life with that crap, lol!

SteelerFanInCA
07-12-2006, 01:13 PM
If those writers had any clues in regards to our team they would have realized how ridiculous they are being. I keep laughing at all of the "Randell El for president" fans. :sofunny:

HburgXL06
07-12-2006, 04:24 PM
I read the whole thing. It seems this article is part satirical commentary, part pessimistic predictions, and part poorly researched idiocy. I think of it more as somethin to laugh at than considerin it a serious prediction of the comin season.

BuFu

silver & black
07-12-2006, 07:38 PM
I read the whole thing. It seems this article is part satirical commentary, part pessimistic predictions, and part poorly researched idiocy. I think of it more as somethin to laugh at than considerin it a serious prediction of the comin season.

BuFu
That was pretty much my take on it too.

SteelShooter
07-13-2006, 12:34 AM
I don't want any of them pickin us for squat! I like being the underdog from the motivational sense. Keep that chip on J Peezy's shoulder fresh for the season. It would've been nice to get some recognition but screw it! Hopefully it will give them more of an edge to start the season with and not be screwin around with the wildcard crap like last year. Takin years off of my life with that crap, lol!

Same here Bro...........................Every time I see Jerome fumble on the Indy replay I STILL get a sick stomach!

SteelCityMan786
07-13-2006, 09:47 AM

OK..I'm done....

With a bunch of Kickoff Returns and Punt Returns that went for some decent yards. And the Steelers losing a super bowl because of The Bus And an accident? No NOT because of that. There is no reasonable thing to say the Steelers will even lose the super bowl. History will REPEAT itself. The Steelers will REPEAT as champs at LEAST 1 Time. Only thing that can beat the Pittsburgh Steelers from a title, the Pittsburgh Steelers.