PDA

View Full Version : The All Star Game and Pittsburgh

BlackNGold203
07-12-2006, 08:25 AM
From everything I have read, seen, and experienced as a resident of the Pittsburgh area, my hat goes off to the City of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County for pulling off what can only be described as an AWESOME week of activities.

From the fanfest...to the Legends softball..Futures game...Home Run Derby....the red carpet parade over the Clemente bridge...to the game itself, the entire country got a terrific view of just how truly special Pittsburgh is.

Pittsburgh is no longer the dark, gloomy steel town of old...this all star extravaganza...hosted at the BEST ball park in America...was the perfect opportunity for the region to show the rest of the country what Pittsburgh is all about...and they did show it off...with flying colors.

Kudos to Mayor O'connor (my prayers are with you), Executive Onorato, and especially to the thousands of volunteers who put in the hours to show the world that Pittsburgh...has been...is...and will always be...someplace special.

Thank you to everyone...from a very proud Western Pennsylvanian.

Jeremy
07-12-2006, 11:06 AM
It made me proud to see how great the city looked this week.

And you have to love Tim McCarver calling PNC a jewel on the river.

HometownGal
07-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Great posts guys and I couldn't agree more. Every time I hear someone who has never been to the Burgh describe it as a dirty old steel mill town, I want to do the Moe on them. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city and I'm so lucky to have lived here most of my life. :smile:

Here is an excellent site which shows Pittsburgh for all of its beauty. :cool: (I still get teary eyed looking at TRS and the implosion pics) :crying02:

http://www.angel9oh7.com/pittsburgh.html

BlackNGold203
07-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Great posts guys and I couldn't agree more. Every time I hear someone who has never been to the Burgh describe it as a dirty old steel mill town, I want to do the Moe on them. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city and I'm so lucky to have lived here most of my life. :smile:

Here is an excellent site which shows Pittsburgh for all of its beauty. :cool: (I still get teary eyed looking at TRS and the implosion pics) :crying02:

http://www.angel9oh7.com/pittsburgh.html

Great site hun...thanks!!!!

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: