PDA

View Full Version : Buy or sell

Big D
07-12-2006, 09:54 AM
Buy or sell Bill Cowher retiring if the steelers repeat this year

BlackNGold203
07-12-2006, 10:00 AM

Tough call...he would have the unique chance to be the 1st ever to win 3 straight....

Its a possibility however....Whiz is being groomed.....

SteelersMongol
07-12-2006, 10:06 AM

I say no. The Steelers are renowned through their loyalty, right? Keep him till he wishes to retire. :bouncy:

nicesteel4life
07-12-2006, 10:07 AM
WOW, Thats a tough one indeed. HMMMMMMMMM

Well first off with a repeat Cowher will probably stay 1 more year to try and be the first Coach ever to win 3 in a row. I know he is a modest kind of guy but that would be one hell of a goal not to say you tried.

Second if we dont repeat, I am not still sure if he hangs up the hat and chin.

Big D
07-12-2006, 10:09 AM
WOW, Thats a tough one indeed. HMMMMMMMMM

Well first off with a repeat Cowher will probably stay 1 more year to try and be the first Coach ever to win 3 in a row. I know he is a modest kind of guy but that would be one hell of a goal not to say you tried.

Second if we dont repeat, I am not still sure if he hangs up the hat and chin.
I would buy it. I think he would walk with the two rings and one hell of a legacy. However i do think he would resurface 2 or 3 years after he retires from the steelers

HometownGal
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Imho, I think The Chin will stick around for another couple of years even if the Steelers do win #6 this season. This is a guy who loves to coach, strategize and WIN. Unless he gets pressure from Kate to retire (she's very supportive of his career from what I've seen and read), I don't see it happening at least until the 2008 or 2009 season.

nicesteel4life
07-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Imho, I think The Chin will stick around for another couple of years even if the Steelers do win #6 this season. This is a guy who loves to coach, strategize and WIN. Unless he gets pressure from Kate to retire (she's very supportive of his career from what I've seen and read), I don't see it happening at least until the 2008 or 2009 season.

YES YES...We know how a good woman in a mans life does control his mind, look at our ex president Bill Clinton......lol:sofunny:

Seriously a good point. But she has moved him out of the BURG

Big D
07-12-2006, 11:35 AM
YES YES...We know how a good woman in a mans life does control his mind, look at our ex president Bill Clinton......lol:sofunny:

Seriously a good point. But she has moved him out of the BURG
that is a major point on why i started this thread was because of the house in north carolina. To me it would make sense for him to leave if he is able to repeat. On a buisness sense of things do you all really believe that the rooneys would pay him mike holmgren money

83-Steelers-43
07-12-2006, 11:43 AM
If we win the Super Bowl this year Bill Cowher will not retire. He will try for three in a row.

nicesteel4life
07-12-2006, 12:24 PM
If we win the Super Bowl this year Bill Cowher will not retire. He will try for three in a row.

AHHHHHH that horriable word " IF "
Gosh I hate that word, sends yucky feeling all the way to my toes....:bouncy:

Big D
07-12-2006, 12:26 PM
ok when we win the superbowl

83-Steelers-43
07-12-2006, 12:31 PM

I hate to use the term, but I tend to be a realist..lol. Sorry.

CowherLover
07-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Big D your gonna make me :chair: Just kidding! This topic is too depressing for me to thinkd about. I'm praying for a new contract before time runs out in preseason. :hope:

Big D
07-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Big D your gonna make me :chair: Just kidding! This topic is too depressing for me to thinkd about. I'm praying for a new contract before time runs out in preseason. :hope:
but my question to you is this cowherlover. Do you think the rooneys would fork over between 7-10 million a year to give him the type of market value he is now worth

CowherLover
07-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I can honestly say that I hope so. I know we have people in place but I'm in love with the guy and his style of coaching, I can't help it. There has to be some way to keep him. Alright, all season ticket-holders, cough up more money to keep our head coach! Ya buch a stingy bastages! (I'm really just kidding) Personally, whatever it takes..... get it done!

Big D
07-12-2006, 01:18 PM
I dont know if i'm in the minority here. But i'm a huge fan of russ grimm. I know that everyone is thinking its going to be whisenhunt that succeeds cowher. But i think grimm has that same type of attitude and mentality that cowher has

steelcity984
07-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I'm a big fan of coach Cowher.

Big D
07-12-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I'm a big fan of coach Cowher.
we all are.