PDA

View Full Version : My two cents on current Steeler themes

lloydwoodson
02-12-2012, 02:49 AM
I was born and raised in a small town in western Canada where there is no football team. Here, and everywhere else in Canada, we play hockey. Football is huge in certain parts of Canada but not from the small town I come from. That being said, I have almost zero opportunity to discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers. Somehow as a youth in 1994 I started cheering for the Pittsburgh Steelers, my favourite players having been Greg Lloyd and Rod Woodson. When people do ask how the Steelers are doing they usually wish they hadn't because I let them know how they are doing for several minutes. I have learned a lot of in-depth information about the Steelers here, and would like to comment on a couple of current events.

-Excited for Haley. I don't expect much improvement initially but I needed to watch another empty backfield on 3rd and short like I needed to watch Sean Mahan at center. And maybe I will get to see some running plays that are not to the right, off-guard with Kemoeatu pulling.
-In Arians defense he had an average offensive line the past couple years and a poor offensive the line the years before that. He also has very young receivers that are just starting to get in tune with Ben. Also, the Steelers ran the wr screen as well as anyone in the league I felt- but you can not run the wr screen against Baltimore! Just ask the Patriots.
-Timmons deserves credit for an excellent playoff game in Denver. He is a solid player who has had to play a lot of different positions due to injuries.
-Farrior isn't going anywhere. His leadership is needed more than athleticism. (I hope Sylvester is maturing into Farrior's position because he looks like a helluva athlete, but I think help will come from a veteran FA much like Farrior was).
-Steelers need to stop whining about Probowl berths and making preseason predictions of ridiculous stats. And stay off twitter. I believe Wallace is going to get 2000 yards like I believe Madonna sang during the halftime show. And LT is going to get 20 sacks when Cleveland wins a SB.
-Steelers will draft OL next year or bpa.
-If Jonathon Scott is starting opening day I am breaking my tv.
-Redman should start over Mendy because he is just as capable and it will light a fire under Mendy, as needs to be done from time to time.
-Interested to see if Hood gets moved inside. I think it is a strong possibility.

Hope to contribute to some posts around here. I try to stay positive no matter how much I shout when I'm watching games. Win or lose I really just enjoy watching the Steelers play.

steeltheone
02-12-2012, 03:14 AM
Welcome to the board!

BengalDestroyer
02-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Welcome lloydwoodson.

mesaSteeler
02-12-2012, 08:13 AM
Welcome to the board and excellent comments. I understand how you feel about breaking your TV. I was on the verge of doing that during that one game in clown town awhile back when the Airhead kept passing in the middle of a howling blizzard. I agree about drafting O-Line though drafting secondary would not upset me given how often Troy is injured.

6RingsAndCounting
02-12-2012, 05:27 PM
-If Jonathon Scott is starting opening day I am breaking my tv.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Boomer
02-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Bubby Brister has cost me a TV...

ricardisimo
02-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Welcome aboard. Great first post... the Force is strong in this one. I'd say you picked the right forum, given your attitudes on Bruce Arians. :drink: We welcome all views, though, and even I hope that Bruce himself would log in to explain himself.

Fire Arians
02-13-2012, 01:36 PM
redman will be the starter, but it has nothing to do with lighting a fire under him, as much as the injury.

i'm hoping baron batch is back to 100% since his knee injury happened in preseason and he'll have had a full year to heal and rehab back from it

lloydwoodson
02-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome! Go Steelers!:tt04:

Bayz101
02-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Good opening post, and welcome to the board!